Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hey, I'm new!
The name's Bun! Though I don't mind whatever you wanna call me!

I haven't been a part of a pet raising site in years, tbh. Not since I was a kid (I'm 19 now). I did use to play on GPXPlus and Pokefarm for a while, so I'm not new to forums or forum rps (even though that's been forever, too!). Nowadays though, I do a lot of my RPing on deviantArt, which I got 2 accounts on- one for artwork in general (b-unyip) and one for roleplaying groups (bunyro)!

I won't make this two long so I'll just say a few things I like: dragons (duh- or at least I've been enjoying drawing them and seeing what species people come up with!), pokemon (a big, BIG one and also pretty obvious) and just games in general, especially RPGs and fantasy.

What are a few things you guys like? I wanna try hanging out in the forums more for this site, so maybe we'll see each other around! (I can be a little anxious though, admittedly, so sorry in advance.)

Editing to add: Wind rules.
The name's Bun! Though I don't mind whatever you wanna call me!

I haven't been a part of a pet raising site in years, tbh. Not since I was a kid (I'm 19 now). I did use to play on GPXPlus and Pokefarm for a while, so I'm not new to forums or forum rps (even though that's been forever, too!). Nowadays though, I do a lot of my RPing on deviantArt, which I got 2 accounts on- one for artwork in general (b-unyip) and one for roleplaying groups (bunyro)!

I won't make this two long so I'll just say a few things I like: dragons (duh- or at least I've been enjoying drawing them and seeing what species people come up with!), pokemon (a big, BIG one and also pretty obvious) and just games in general, especially RPGs and fantasy.

What are a few things you guys like? I wanna try hanging out in the forums more for this site, so maybe we'll see each other around! (I can be a little anxious though, admittedly, so sorry in advance.)

Editing to add: Wind rules.
Hi! I am just your fellow newbie here I suppose. You can call me either Winter, Grimm, or Noctis. Which ever you prefer. I also have quite the interest in RPGs so might as well start somewhere right? What are your favorites? c:
Hi! I am just your fellow newbie here I suppose. You can call me either Winter, Grimm, or Noctis. Which ever you prefer. I also have quite the interest in RPGs so might as well start somewhere right? What are your favorites? c:
Nice to meet you, @GrimmReminder010! It's hard to name favorites in general at the top of my head since I generally don't have any, just games I've really liked playing over the years which is...most of what I've played, pretty much. (Though I realized I probably should have specified it as JRPGs 'v'); idk I'm a sucker for bright colors and they got a charm of their own, you know?)

To name a few I've played (and can remember rn bc boy am I bad at this) in no real order:

-Final Fantasy XV (I have played 3, 13, and 14 but not to completion, and for 14 I haven't touched it much)
- Tales of Zestira (Would like to get Abyss and other older games someday)
- Dragon Age Inquisition (never finished- this a trend honestly)
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth/ Digimon Next Order/ Digimon World Dusk
- I can count Atelier Annie into this, right
- I can count Rune Factory 4 into this too RIGHT
- Okami and Okamiden

...and probably a lot of others over the years but I can't remember rn bc I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday. (Not counting Pokemon for this either bc the list would just get longer.)
Nice to meet you, @GrimmReminder010! It's hard to name favorites in general at the top of my head since I generally don't have any, just games I've really liked playing over the years which is...most of what I've played, pretty much. (Though I realized I probably should have specified it as JRPGs 'v'); idk I'm a sucker for bright colors and they got a charm of their own, you know?)

To name a few I've played (and can remember rn bc boy am I bad at this) in no real order:

-Final Fantasy XV (I have played 3, 13, and 14 but not to completion, and for 14 I haven't touched it much)
- Tales of Zestira (Would like to get Abyss and other older games someday)
- Dragon Age Inquisition (never finished- this a trend honestly)
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth/ Digimon Next Order/ Digimon World Dusk
- I can count Atelier Annie into this, right
- I can count Rune Factory 4 into this too RIGHT
- Okami and Okamiden

...and probably a lot of others over the years but I can't remember rn bc I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday. (Not counting Pokemon for this either bc the list would just get longer.)
@bunyro

Ah nice to meet you too, I actually love both FFXV and Tales of Zestiria! I've been playing through both recently. I've always been a major fan of the final fantasy series since I was very young. Having played through both III and IV with my father. He got my FFXV for christmas and you could say I have been obsessed with it since. So much so that my friends have actually started referring to me as Noctis, which I have no complaints about since it just feels right. I suppose some people would consider me kin with him? At least I have a label for it. I haven't been able to play it yet, but i've been trying to get my hands on both Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria, so there is that I suppose. I've also been playing Guild Wars 2, but that's an MMORPG so I'm not sure if that counts. ;)

Honestly I understand the pokemon thing as well, but after so long of having to keep updating my consoles just for getting pokemon games I gave up. I'm quite happy with replaying the older ones I still have with me haha.
@bunyro

Ah nice to meet you too, I actually love both FFXV and Tales of Zestiria! I've been playing through both recently. I've always been a major fan of the final fantasy series since I was very young. Having played through both III and IV with my father. He got my FFXV for christmas and you could say I have been obsessed with it since. So much so that my friends have actually started referring to me as Noctis, which I have no complaints about since it just feels right. I suppose some people would consider me kin with him? At least I have a label for it. I haven't been able to play it yet, but i've been trying to get my hands on both Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria, so there is that I suppose. I've also been playing Guild Wars 2, but that's an MMORPG so I'm not sure if that counts. ;)

Honestly I understand the pokemon thing as well, but after so long of having to keep updating my consoles just for getting pokemon games I gave up. I'm quite happy with replaying the older ones I still have with me haha.
@GrimmReminder010

I really want to play Persona 5 and Berseria! I only managed to play Persona 3 since it was available for download on the PS3 at the time unlike Persona 4 (At least I'm pretty sure it was PS3- and speaking of 4, I really want to play that someday too even though I'm already spoiled). Even then, I never finished it though...I really need to get better at that. Oh, and I played Fire Emblem Awakening along with Birthright and Conquest but....with Birthright/Conquest, I got my complaints, mainly with the writing.

I still play the pokemon games and it hasn't been bad for me since my primary system has always been the DS (heck with P3 I played on my brother's PS3- PS4 is my first playstation of my own), and I hang on to mine until they can't work. When the DSi had come out, I stuck to lite (my first DS system) and contined to stick to it until a Pokemon game had come out on 3DS. I've been playing since my first game (FireRed) and been stuck ever since! (But I love the spinoffs so much too, especially the PMD games).
@GrimmReminder010

I really want to play Persona 5 and Berseria! I only managed to play Persona 3 since it was available for download on the PS3 at the time unlike Persona 4 (At least I'm pretty sure it was PS3- and speaking of 4, I really want to play that someday too even though I'm already spoiled). Even then, I never finished it though...I really need to get better at that. Oh, and I played Fire Emblem Awakening along with Birthright and Conquest but....with Birthright/Conquest, I got my complaints, mainly with the writing.

I still play the pokemon games and it hasn't been bad for me since my primary system has always been the DS (heck with P3 I played on my brother's PS3- PS4 is my first playstation of my own), and I hang on to mine until they can't work. When the DSi had come out, I stuck to lite (my first DS system) and contined to stick to it until a Pokemon game had come out on 3DS. I've been playing since my first game (FireRed) and been stuck ever since! (But I love the spinoffs so much too, especially the PMD games).
@Bunyro

FFIV is pretty good, actually it's the first FF game I have ever played. I was perhaps around seven years old when I got the game? I still personally love it and replay it from time to time. Even if one of the characters frustrates me to no end, though he is known for being disliked so I suppose I'm not alone in that. I wasn't always the biggest Fire Emblem fan, but that's probably because I never really owned the games myself. Anytime I managed to play one of the games it was owned by one of my friends. Same thing with the Persona games, but my friend ranting about Persona 5 as I ranted about FFXV persuaded me into making it my mission to buy it eventually.

You commented you played FFXV, and that being one of my obsessions I shall now speak about that. Have you managed to get any of the DLC and play through that yet? Such as Episode Prompto or Episode Gladiolus? Honestly Episode Prompto ruined me, but I won't spoil it for you if you haven't played yet. Who's your favorite character out of the bunch? Despite me having my little kin thing with Noctis, I'd say my favorites either have to be Prompto or Ravus. Perhaps thats why Episode Prompto got to me so much. I'm anxiously awaiting Episode Ignis now really. Though from the trailer it's probably going to be sad, much like Episode Prompto.

Yeah I get that about the pokemon games as well. I started with my gameboy color actually. My brother passed it down to me when I was younger and wanted to play the pokemon games. From there I migrated to the PC where I played pokemon yellow for sometime. Soon after I got my DSI and stuck to the games I had there. The newer ones look pretty cool, but I simply don't have enough money to buy a 3DS. I use my brothers PS4 to play most of my games as it is.
@Bunyro

FFIV is pretty good, actually it's the first FF game I have ever played. I was perhaps around seven years old when I got the game? I still personally love it and replay it from time to time. Even if one of the characters frustrates me to no end, though he is known for being disliked so I suppose I'm not alone in that. I wasn't always the biggest Fire Emblem fan, but that's probably because I never really owned the games myself. Anytime I managed to play one of the games it was owned by one of my friends. Same thing with the Persona games, but my friend ranting about Persona 5 as I ranted about FFXV persuaded me into making it my mission to buy it eventually.

You commented you played FFXV, and that being one of my obsessions I shall now speak about that. Have you managed to get any of the DLC and play through that yet? Such as Episode Prompto or Episode Gladiolus? Honestly Episode Prompto ruined me, but I won't spoil it for you if you haven't played yet. Who's your favorite character out of the bunch? Despite me having my little kin thing with Noctis, I'd say my favorites either have to be Prompto or Ravus. Perhaps thats why Episode Prompto got to me so much. I'm anxiously awaiting Episode Ignis now really. Though from the trailer it's probably going to be sad, much like Episode Prompto.

Yeah I get that about the pokemon games as well. I started with my gameboy color actually. My brother passed it down to me when I was younger and wanted to play the pokemon games. From there I migrated to the PC where I played pokemon yellow for sometime. Soon after I got my DSI and stuck to the games I had there. The newer ones look pretty cool, but I simply don't have enough money to buy a 3DS. I use my brothers PS4 to play most of my games as it is.
@GrimmReminder010

My bad for forgetting, but let me add FFXV as one of the games I have yet to finish (though mainly bc I had spoiled myself and I can't get myself to end the road trippy feels yet knowing the sadness that's gonna go down so I guess for now, I'm going at a slow pace). So nope! I haven't played the DLCs (and I probably look a bit lame rn haha). But if I had to pick a fav character from I what I do know, Prompto and Noctis, probably? But I love the whole crew a lot so far. Even though Prompto just snapped a photo while one of those ghost ronin stabbed me in the air with that goddang naginata(?), Thanks Buddy.

I haven't played most of the FE games either, just two/three of the new ones, though I would at least like to watch let's plays of the old ones if I can find any.

I've played Yellow! Or as much as I could since I got it from an old friend and somehow managed to play it on my Gameboy Advanced (SP) but unfortunately, the game couldn't save. And I guess we both relied on our bros, huh?
@GrimmReminder010

My bad for forgetting, but let me add FFXV as one of the games I have yet to finish (though mainly bc I had spoiled myself and I can't get myself to end the road trippy feels yet knowing the sadness that's gonna go down so I guess for now, I'm going at a slow pace). So nope! I haven't played the DLCs (and I probably look a bit lame rn haha). But if I had to pick a fav character from I what I do know, Prompto and Noctis, probably? But I love the whole crew a lot so far. Even though Prompto just snapped a photo while one of those ghost ronin stabbed me in the air with that goddang naginata(?), Thanks Buddy.

I haven't played most of the FE games either, just two/three of the new ones, though I would at least like to watch let's plays of the old ones if I can find any.

I've played Yellow! Or as much as I could since I got it from an old friend and somehow managed to play it on my Gameboy Advanced (SP) but unfortunately, the game couldn't save. And I guess we both relied on our bros, huh?
@Bunyro

Whoops, I forgot to respond to this. I swear I thought I did honestly. Anyways yeah Prompto is like that a lot. So many pictures I have from weird angles as he tries to hide in the middle of the fight to get pictures. Way to help out a bro, bro. The DLCs are well worth checking out once you finish the game, they fill in some of the storyline they left out on purpose. Do you mind me asking how far into the game you've gotten? So I know what's okay to discuss and what isn't. Heck, if we talk about that we might want to take it to PMing so we don't spoil any others who happen to be reading. Either that or I'll insert a spoiler warning.

Yeah I get that as well, I just haven't had much luck on my side when it comes to actually getting the games. The gameboy color was quite fun and worked well, it's too bad I can't find it anymore. Or my DSI for that matter. I think I just need to go through my closet and sort everything honestly. Do you mind if I call you bunny? I know you are okay with bun but bun just reminds me of bunnies. XD I actually really like rabbits, they're my favorite animal for that matter. I even own one myself! His name is Philp, yes he doesn't have the second i in philip purposefully; it isn't a spelling mistake.
@Bunyro

Whoops, I forgot to respond to this. I swear I thought I did honestly. Anyways yeah Prompto is like that a lot. So many pictures I have from weird angles as he tries to hide in the middle of the fight to get pictures. Way to help out a bro, bro. The DLCs are well worth checking out once you finish the game, they fill in some of the storyline they left out on purpose. Do you mind me asking how far into the game you've gotten? So I know what's okay to discuss and what isn't. Heck, if we talk about that we might want to take it to PMing so we don't spoil any others who happen to be reading. Either that or I'll insert a spoiler warning.

Yeah I get that as well, I just haven't had much luck on my side when it comes to actually getting the games. The gameboy color was quite fun and worked well, it's too bad I can't find it anymore. Or my DSI for that matter. I think I just need to go through my closet and sort everything honestly. Do you mind if I call you bunny? I know you are okay with bun but bun just reminds me of bunnies. XD I actually really like rabbits, they're my favorite animal for that matter. I even own one myself! His name is Philp, yes he doesn't have the second i in philip purposefully; it isn't a spelling mistake.
@bunyro

Welcome! I think you will fit in well here
@bunyro

Welcome! I think you will fit in well here
m2YbpzO.png tumblr_inline_o0idl15pQv1qg2i5p_540.png
@ChillInAForest

Thank you!

@GrimmReminder010

I've gotten to chapter 8 or 9 if I remember correctly. I first played it on my brother's ps4 when he was visiting and he decided to let me borrow it, so it's all back to the start! And PMs may be better if there's no way to hide spoilers.

And Bunny is fine, that's pretty much where the Bun comes from (the rest is nonsense), so go ahead! I would love to own rabbits of my own, but I heard they're expensive and a challenge to care for.
@ChillInAForest

Thank you!

@GrimmReminder010

I've gotten to chapter 8 or 9 if I remember correctly. I first played it on my brother's ps4 when he was visiting and he decided to let me borrow it, so it's all back to the start! And PMs may be better if there's no way to hide spoilers.

And Bunny is fine, that's pretty much where the Bun comes from (the rest is nonsense), so go ahead! I would love to own rabbits of my own, but I heard they're expensive and a challenge to care for.