Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | "The Dragon's Charge" Help needed p
Ok, so, I've started a new story called "The Dragon's Charge" Its about a girl who sets out to prove to everyone she's not like others, that she has what it takes to be a "Charge". However, I've become quite stumped. It starts out with the main character, Ashling, meeting up with a large and rather intimidating dragon named Galdordune. He's got her cornered and is going to go after her, not kill her or anything, but he's certainly going to try. Nature of the beast kind of thing. I'm a bit stumped though. Here is what I have so far. Any help is appreciated.

The rattle of rain on armor was heard as Ashling made her way along the cliff side, gripping the rocks with her gloved hands, fighting to keep hold. She slipped, gasping with fright as she grabbed a nearby ledge, the rocks crumbling from beneath her boots. She looked down, watching as they tumbled away into the darkness of the ravine below. She closed her eyes, turning back to the ledge as she hauled herself up. She rolled away, resting her back against the rocks behind her, catching her breath.

Something above made her freeze. At first, she thought it was thunder, but the thought came to her. The rain... it had slowed... Ashling's head snapped up and she choked back a scream. A large head protruded from over the cliff above her, violent lava colored eyes watching her closely, having caught her movement. Ashling's eyes widened as the lips slowly drew back on its maw, revealing rows of sharp, dagger like teeth. A low growl, the sound she had mistaken for thunder, rippled the air around her.

Ashling tried to hide, ducking back against the rock, flattening herself out. She could hear the dragon moving around above her, the crunch of the rocks under his heavy feet reaching her ears. She saw his snout emerge from above her small hiding spot, his forked tongue flicking the air, the molten rock color mingling with the darker colors around his maw and the stones. She knew that he would find her. Even if he couldn't see her, that snake like aspect, the flicking of his tongue as he scented the air, would lead him right to her. Slowly, she reached for her sword. The sound of her glove crackling as it gripped the leather covered handle made his head jerk toward her, a loud, deafening roar filling the cavern as he moved so one fore-paw rested on the ledge, his head turning to face her.
Ok, so, I've started a new story called "The Dragon's Charge" Its about a girl who sets out to prove to everyone she's not like others, that she has what it takes to be a "Charge". However, I've become quite stumped. It starts out with the main character, Ashling, meeting up with a large and rather intimidating dragon named Galdordune. He's got her cornered and is going to go after her, not kill her or anything, but he's certainly going to try. Nature of the beast kind of thing. I'm a bit stumped though. Here is what I have so far. Any help is appreciated.

The rattle of rain on armor was heard as Ashling made her way along the cliff side, gripping the rocks with her gloved hands, fighting to keep hold. She slipped, gasping with fright as she grabbed a nearby ledge, the rocks crumbling from beneath her boots. She looked down, watching as they tumbled away into the darkness of the ravine below. She closed her eyes, turning back to the ledge as she hauled herself up. She rolled away, resting her back against the rocks behind her, catching her breath.

Something above made her freeze. At first, she thought it was thunder, but the thought came to her. The rain... it had slowed... Ashling's head snapped up and she choked back a scream. A large head protruded from over the cliff above her, violent lava colored eyes watching her closely, having caught her movement. Ashling's eyes widened as the lips slowly drew back on its maw, revealing rows of sharp, dagger like teeth. A low growl, the sound she had mistaken for thunder, rippled the air around her.

Ashling tried to hide, ducking back against the rock, flattening herself out. She could hear the dragon moving around above her, the crunch of the rocks under his heavy feet reaching her ears. She saw his snout emerge from above her small hiding spot, his forked tongue flicking the air, the molten rock color mingling with the darker colors around his maw and the stones. She knew that he would find her. Even if he couldn't see her, that snake like aspect, the flicking of his tongue as he scented the air, would lead him right to her. Slowly, she reached for her sword. The sound of her glove crackling as it gripped the leather covered handle made his head jerk toward her, a loud, deafening roar filling the cavern as he moved so one fore-paw rested on the ledge, his head turning to face her.
Well, I'm not really much in terms of story-building. But I do really like this little snippet of yours. I hope you'd tolerate a comment from me.

If by any chance you have any more to share, and I dearly hope you do, be assured that I'd be looking forward to read it. Good luck with the rest!
Well, I'm not really much in terms of story-building. But I do really like this little snippet of yours. I hope you'd tolerate a comment from me.

If by any chance you have any more to share, and I dearly hope you do, be assured that I'd be looking forward to read it. Good luck with the rest!
I do actually have some that I'll be posting here soonish. I've reworded some of it and added new things. I'm glad that you enjoyed what is here :)
I do actually have some that I'll be posting here soonish. I've reworded some of it and added new things. I'm glad that you enjoyed what is here :)