Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Please help me pick genes!!
Hi! Just wanted to say I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this! So thanks!

So I really want to start breeding dragons to sell them, (well.. I probably won't sell as many as I will keep hah....) but I am not sure what genes people look for, I know as long at it's aesthetically pleasing it will be worth at least something, but I think my main goal is to get enough treasure to get some clothes and buy genes and stuff, sorry this forum post is really all over the place.

So basically since I feel like everything I just typed isn't saying what I want it to...

What genes are worth paying for?
Hi! Just wanted to say I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this! So thanks!

So I really want to start breeding dragons to sell them, (well.. I probably won't sell as many as I will keep hah....) but I am not sure what genes people look for, I know as long at it's aesthetically pleasing it will be worth at least something, but I think my main goal is to get enough treasure to get some clothes and buy genes and stuff, sorry this forum post is really all over the place.

So basically since I feel like everything I just typed isn't saying what I want it to...

What genes are worth paying for?
@queenelleo Well, the hottest genes are usually the newest ones. That'd be Jaguar and Rosette right now. If you can get your hands on the scrolls immediately and use a Boon of Fertility to produce hatchlings right away, the babies might sell well for a little while. The price of everything eventually falls as more and more of those dragons are bred, though, so it may not be worth the initial investment to you. Breeding dragons is not the way to get rich quick on FR. Since prices will always crash sooner or later, my advice is to just focus on the genes and breeds YOU like best.
@queenelleo Well, the hottest genes are usually the newest ones. That'd be Jaguar and Rosette right now. If you can get your hands on the scrolls immediately and use a Boon of Fertility to produce hatchlings right away, the babies might sell well for a little while. The price of everything eventually falls as more and more of those dragons are bred, though, so it may not be worth the initial investment to you. Breeding dragons is not the way to get rich quick on FR. Since prices will always crash sooner or later, my advice is to just focus on the genes and breeds YOU like best.
@Cynictis Thank you so much!! <3
@Cynictis Thank you so much!! <3
@queenelleo

To fully gene a dragon, it could take 300-500kt or more, I think. Unless the color combo is really cool and doesn't have a huge supply already out there, then you may not ever make that money back.

Cherub, Peregrine, Runes, Skink, Spinner, Falcon, Savannah, and Lace--plus the two genes just released today--are the safest treasure/Baldwin genes to sell right now as they're the most popular. For gem genes, newer is usually best--Opal, Metallic, Alloy, Petals, Butterfly, Glimmer. Iri and Shim will sell, but not for the higher prices of MetAll or PetButt. Gem genes are usually preferred, but it may not be worth investing in the scrolls themselves unless it's a new release.

I would say, except for new gene releases, or except for investing in a very specific, rare, yet desirable color combo, it's usually better to purchase dragons that already have the genes you're after rather than hand-gening dragons yourself, as that will almost always come at a loss.

They're your dragons, so I say gene them how you like them most. The genes I listed above may sell more reliably than other genes, but there is no guarantee.
@queenelleo

To fully gene a dragon, it could take 300-500kt or more, I think. Unless the color combo is really cool and doesn't have a huge supply already out there, then you may not ever make that money back.

Cherub, Peregrine, Runes, Skink, Spinner, Falcon, Savannah, and Lace--plus the two genes just released today--are the safest treasure/Baldwin genes to sell right now as they're the most popular. For gem genes, newer is usually best--Opal, Metallic, Alloy, Petals, Butterfly, Glimmer. Iri and Shim will sell, but not for the higher prices of MetAll or PetButt. Gem genes are usually preferred, but it may not be worth investing in the scrolls themselves unless it's a new release.

I would say, except for new gene releases, or except for investing in a very specific, rare, yet desirable color combo, it's usually better to purchase dragons that already have the genes you're after rather than hand-gening dragons yourself, as that will almost always come at a loss.

They're your dragons, so I say gene them how you like them most. The genes I listed above may sell more reliably than other genes, but there is no guarantee.
@Vely Thank you so much that is super helpful! Exactly what I was looking for! I didn't realize how much it costs to gene a dragon :0
@Vely Thank you so much that is super helpful! Exactly what I was looking for! I didn't realize how much it costs to gene a dragon :0