Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Easier Auction House Search Options
So I just joined FS and one of the things that stuck out was the search function on the Auction House. On most sites, you can search all user-marketplace items and you have the option of narrowing it down to specific categories, but I was surprised that you have to search each individual category for the item you want. I would love if you could just type in the name without having to search mulptiple categories if you don't know the right category.

Also, I would love if there was a way to only show listings that accept treasure as payment without having to set that option everytime you make a new search. Especially when I'm looking for the lowest treasure price and I don't want to scroll through a lot of gem-only listings, and then having to reset the preference for each new search.

Anyways, just my two cents, thanks for a cool site FS! :)
So I just joined FS and one of the things that stuck out was the search function on the Auction House. On most sites, you can search all user-marketplace items and you have the option of narrowing it down to specific categories, but I was surprised that you have to search each individual category for the item you want. I would love if you could just type in the name without having to search mulptiple categories if you don't know the right category.

Also, I would love if there was a way to only show listings that accept treasure as payment without having to set that option everytime you make a new search. Especially when I'm looking for the lowest treasure price and I don't want to scroll through a lot of gem-only listings, and then having to reset the preference for each new search.

Anyways, just my two cents, thanks for a cool site FS! :)
@MyLament I'm a bit confused, is it weird to have to search for an item you want? And it is possible to type in an item's name and have it come up.

As for the last part, keep in mind that there are people who like to spend gems as well as treasure. That means that switching treasure to show up first would just end up making people trying to spend gems upset, so the best way to please both parties is the sorting function of treasure/gem listings.

EDIT: There is a way to save your search, just click the save button above the sort by dropbox, then you can load whatever criteria you had again.
@MyLament I'm a bit confused, is it weird to have to search for an item you want? And it is possible to type in an item's name and have it come up.

As for the last part, keep in mind that there are people who like to spend gems as well as treasure. That means that switching treasure to show up first would just end up making people trying to spend gems upset, so the best way to please both parties is the sorting function of treasure/gem listings.

EDIT: There is a way to save your search, just click the save button above the sort by dropbox, then you can load whatever criteria you had again.
BhWDcLm.png
No, I agree.

I've been on a lot of sites like this and I've never seen an AH where you have to navigate to a category before searching. I think the categories are great for if you are just browsing, but a 'Search All' function would be good. Half the time I accidentally type my search into the Food category and get confused when no results are shown.

It's a small qualm and I'll probably get used to it, but if definitely seems kinda weird to me.

The gems/treasure thing doesn't bother me. You have to go to the search box anyways and there's a treasure-only option there.
No, I agree.

I've been on a lot of sites like this and I've never seen an AH where you have to navigate to a category before searching. I think the categories are great for if you are just browsing, but a 'Search All' function would be good. Half the time I accidentally type my search into the Food category and get confused when no results are shown.

It's a small qualm and I'll probably get used to it, but if definitely seems kinda weird to me.

The gems/treasure thing doesn't bother me. You have to go to the search box anyways and there's a treasure-only option there.