Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Ad crashing/freezing browser
I keep getting an ad that plays audio something along the lines of, "Your computer has informed us that it is infected with a virus" and it freezes my browser every time. It's happened 4 times in the last week alone. I can't just close the window via the X or by right clicking on the icon on my task bar, I have to go into the task manager and kill the process in there.

I haven't actually SEEN the ad, because it always plays and freezes the window before I can scroll down. But along the bottom of the screen, it shows "Waiting for critical-warningdav21e.stream..." in the place where it usually displays the information for URLs that I hover over or other loading information.

I want to support your site by disabling my ad blocker. But I don't want ads that play noise, and I REALLY don't want ads that crash my browser. Please look into this.

I'm using Windows 10 with Chrome browser. I always have multiple tabs up, but I know that it's Flight Rising that is causing the ad because I don't have my ad blocker disabled on any other site, and Chrome shows the speaker in the Flight Rising tab to show that it's the one playing the noise.

I keep getting an ad that plays audio something along the lines of, "Your computer has informed us that it is infected with a virus" and it freezes my browser every time. It's happened 4 times in the last week alone. I can't just close the window via the X or by right clicking on the icon on my task bar, I have to go into the task manager and kill the process in there.

I haven't actually SEEN the ad, because it always plays and freezes the window before I can scroll down. But along the bottom of the screen, it shows "Waiting for critical-warningdav21e.stream..." in the place where it usually displays the information for URLs that I hover over or other loading information.

I want to support your site by disabling my ad blocker. But I don't want ads that play noise, and I REALLY don't want ads that crash my browser. Please look into this.

I'm using Windows 10 with Chrome browser. I always have multiple tabs up, but I know that it's Flight Rising that is causing the ad because I don't have my ad blocker disabled on any other site, and Chrome shows the speaker in the Flight Rising tab to show that it's the one playing the noise.

@akwkitty
please direct that to the Advertising Report Thread so the admins can take a look into it!
@akwkitty
please direct that to the Advertising Report Thread so the admins can take a look into it!
hn5xCVk.png
Copied and pasted over there. Thanks for the link.
Copied and pasted over there. Thanks for the link.