Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Well this sucks... (weather related)
1 2 3
Oh wow. It just dropped to -27°F where I live, and it makes me cringe imagining -50°F!
There is currently a layer of ice about two millimeters thick... in the INSIDE side of the window.

Yay blankets?
Oh wow. It just dropped to -27°F where I live, and it makes me cringe imagining -50°F!
There is currently a layer of ice about two millimeters thick... in the INSIDE side of the window.

Yay blankets?
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ Previously of the Arcane Flight ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Y'know, at first I was gonna blow this whole thing off, thinking people were blowing it out of proportions or something, but now... I just hope everyone stays safe and warm.

I have a friend who lives in a house with nO HEAT WHATSOEVER and I'm really wishing she was staying the night here right now, if she's not already with a mutual friend of ours who lives closer to her.

Also, I kind of lucked out, I guess. My windows like to slide down at the top and let cold air in, and with all the wind, they were howling far too much and it made me super uneasy, so I got off my lazy butt and shut them properly... thank goodness, too. I was oblivious to this cold... thing that seems to be happening until about 7 PM or so last night. So if I hadn't shut them, I'm sure I'd be freezing cold right now.... I'm already feeling the chill through my nearest window a bit, tbh.
Y'know, at first I was gonna blow this whole thing off, thinking people were blowing it out of proportions or something, but now... I just hope everyone stays safe and warm.

I have a friend who lives in a house with nO HEAT WHATSOEVER and I'm really wishing she was staying the night here right now, if she's not already with a mutual friend of ours who lives closer to her.

Also, I kind of lucked out, I guess. My windows like to slide down at the top and let cold air in, and with all the wind, they were howling far too much and it made me super uneasy, so I got off my lazy butt and shut them properly... thank goodness, too. I was oblivious to this cold... thing that seems to be happening until about 7 PM or so last night. So if I hadn't shut them, I'm sure I'd be freezing cold right now.... I'm already feeling the chill through my nearest window a bit, tbh.
It's 6 degrees outside here in North Carolina. The only good thing about all this is the fact that we can finally get rid of most of the fleas, ticks and other annoying bugs that has multiplied over the past few mild winters.

FREEZE YA BLOOD SUCKIN' PARASITES!!!!!

The thought of their little bodies icing and them keeling over just gives me a nice warm tingly feeling :)
It's 6 degrees outside here in North Carolina. The only good thing about all this is the fact that we can finally get rid of most of the fleas, ticks and other annoying bugs that has multiplied over the past few mild winters.

The thought of their little bodies icing and them keeling over just gives me a nice warm tingly feeling :)
They cancelled school here yesterday and today where I live because it's so cold out
It's I believe somewhere around -20ish? And that's not even with the windchill. Talk about frostbite in a matter of minutes!
G'luck to everyone else who manages to stay warm and stuff. Hopefully the weather won't feel as much as the north pole over the next few days.
They cancelled school here yesterday and today where I live because it's so cold out
It's I believe somewhere around -20ish? And that's not even with the windchill. Talk about frostbite in a matter of minutes!
G'luck to everyone else who manages to stay warm and stuff. Hopefully the weather won't feel as much as the north pole over the next few days.
eG6Zatg.png
@Skarm

Its all because Crystalline Gala is coming up. I guess the Icewarden is excited.

Well, on a more serious note, I hope everything goes by alright where you all are. Here in Sweden ist unusually warm instead. I'm still waiting for snow where I live.
@Skarm

Its all because Crystalline Gala is coming up. I guess the Icewarden is excited.

Well, on a more serious note, I hope everything goes by alright where you all are. Here in Sweden ist unusually warm instead. I'm still waiting for snow where I live.
Reaching up to -40 celcius with the wind chill here in Ontario. Aside from during a string of really bad snowstorms while I was in first year, this is just the second time our university's been closed in all my four years there. D:
Stay warm everyone~.
Reaching up to -40 celcius with the wind chill here in Ontario. Aside from during a string of really bad snowstorms while I was in first year, this is just the second time our university's been closed in all my four years there. D:
Stay warm everyone~.
RBXYq.gifarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.pngovY2q5W.pngarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png4BVfJ.gif
@Bathos [quote name="Bathos" date="2014-01-07 05:37:56"] FREEZE YA BLOOD SUCKIN' PARASITES!!!!! [/quote] BAHAHA! The other people in the room just gave me a funny look when I started laughing after reading your post. XD @Kumicrow @Maus Ooh, fellow Tennesseeans! Out where I live, the roads were a little bit icy this morning, but they should've thawed out by now. I had to go out and feed the horses... I'm not used to this weather! And, of course, every single one of their water buckets was frozen solid. Some of the outside horses had icicles on their whiskers, too, the poor things! D:
@Bathos
Bathos wrote on 2014-01-07 05:37:56:

BAHAHA! The other people in the room just gave me a funny look when I started laughing after reading your post. XD

@Kumicrow @Maus

Ooh, fellow Tennesseeans! Out where I live, the roads were a little bit icy this morning, but they should've thawed out by now. I had to go out and feed the horses... I'm not used to this weather! And, of course, every single one of their water buckets was frozen solid. Some of the outside horses had icicles on their whiskers, too, the poor things! D:
IF7Zry6.jpg
@Kumicrow I live near Fort Campbell, so the roads are always taken care of (which sucks when you want a snow day). But, lately it's been much too cold for them to salt the roads here, so yay for icky roads!!

@Stormflight WOO ANOTHER TENNESSEAN!! Awww, poor horses!! D: They definitely aren't used to this weather... such a cold snap, and it's all over the US... it's really odd!!
@Kumicrow I live near Fort Campbell, so the roads are always taken care of (which sucks when you want a snow day). But, lately it's been much too cold for them to salt the roads here, so yay for icky roads!!

@Stormflight WOO ANOTHER TENNESSEAN!! Awww, poor horses!! D: They definitely aren't used to this weather... such a cold snap, and it's all over the US... it's really odd!!
Maus - she/her
Plaguechild
Roleplayer/Clan Lore Builder
@Maus

It really is quite odd! Well, the meteorologists on TV keep talking about this "polar vortex" that's apparently causing the odd weather (but "polar vortex" just sounds like something out of a sci-fy movie to me XD ). I live really close to the Smoky Mountains, and a lot of the twisty windy back roads go unsalted most of the time.
@Maus

It really is quite odd! Well, the meteorologists on TV keep talking about this "polar vortex" that's apparently causing the odd weather (but "polar vortex" just sounds like something out of a sci-fy movie to me XD ). I live really close to the Smoky Mountains, and a lot of the twisty windy back roads go unsalted most of the time.
IF7Zry6.jpg
It's cold where I live... So cold the schools were cancelled! XD I actually love the cold though!
It's cold where I live... So cold the schools were cancelled! XD I actually love the cold though!
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3