Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Savannah and Safari
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 66
I can never find any of the thorn sets in the marketplace. But they look awesome. I also like those genes and the familiars.
I can never find any of the thorn sets in the marketplace. But they look awesome. I also like those genes and the familiars.
The goatcats even have rectangular pupils like real goats do <3
I need one aah~
The goatcats even have rectangular pupils like real goats do <3
I need one aah~
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
honestly savanna he looks almost just like tiger to me...
honestly savanna he looks almost just like tiger to me...
05YNfGC.png
Fluffy kittygoats! :D
Fluffy kittygoats! :D
Cool!
Cool!
tumblr_odrif081KQ1veeoeeo1_500.png
It's nice having another set of more subtle primary / secondary genes, even though they look similar to others. :) I can think of several good uses on my dragons already!

Also thank you, Osiem, for the cute fluffs! <3
It's nice having another set of more subtle primary / secondary genes, even though they look similar to others. :) I can think of several good uses on my dragons already!

Also thank you, Osiem, for the cute fluffs! <3
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Mm, I continue to dislike all the genes that strip the underbelly of their colour. It gives this massive feeling of boring around the wings and tail, especially the tail. Reasons I dislike Ripple a lot and am looking forward to Tapir.

The familiars are very cute though.
Mm, I continue to dislike all the genes that strip the underbelly of their colour. It gives this massive feeling of boring around the wings and tail, especially the tail. Reasons I dislike Ripple a lot and am looking forward to Tapir.

The familiars are very cute though.
I wish Savannah had a bit of striping on the tail, but I love how it lightens colors! It creates a lot of new possibilities for dragons, just like how Metallic darkened them. I caved and went to the AH to get the gene, since I couldn't find any stocking in the marketplace. My first Savannah dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=205328] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2054/205328_350.png[/img] [/url] I've heard people say Savannah/Safari are complements to Okapi, but personally I think they fit much better with Thylacine. Okapi covers a lot of the areas Savannah adds striping to. Thylacine adds stripes to the areas both Savannah and Safari are largely blank in.
I wish Savannah had a bit of striping on the tail, but I love how it lightens colors! It creates a lot of new possibilities for dragons, just like how Metallic darkened them.

I caved and went to the AH to get the gene, since I couldn't find any stocking in the marketplace. My first Savannah dragon:

205328_350.png

I've heard people say Savannah/Safari are complements to Okapi, but personally I think they fit much better with Thylacine. Okapi covers a lot of the areas Savannah adds striping to. Thylacine adds stripes to the areas both Savannah and Safari are largely blank in.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
The Faerie set looks absolutely stunning!
The Faerie set looks absolutely stunning!
CSlUWkg.png
[quote name="Volinolona" date=2017-05-21 09:01:02] I have to say I agree with the others on it does look like Okapi turned into a Primary - maybe mixed with Falcon, though. However, I think they're missing the fact that having similar genes presents the same possibilities as having multiple shades of blue available for a dragon. Each similar gene is a chance for someone to like an older gene they didn't like before all because it has a new twist. To the people who complain about so many stripes - as there were a lot of stripe complaints on the Tapir vote too - y'all don't seem to understand how difficult it is to make spots look good. Stripes are easy, fun, and can be widely varied. Doing a spot pattern is a real pain, as you can make them look too this or too that way too easily and it takes forever to actually get it the way you want it. Edit: Also, loving the new apparel. Still sad there's no blue, though. [/quote] I agree with this completely, plus the new genes are awesome anyways.
Volinolona wrote on 2017-05-21:
I have to say I agree with the others on it does look like Okapi turned into a Primary - maybe mixed with Falcon, though. However, I think they're missing the fact that having similar genes presents the same possibilities as having multiple shades of blue available for a dragon. Each similar gene is a chance for someone to like an older gene they didn't like before all because it has a new twist.

To the people who complain about so many stripes - as there were a lot of stripe complaints on the Tapir vote too - y'all don't seem to understand how difficult it is to make spots look good. Stripes are easy, fun, and can be widely varied. Doing a spot pattern is a real pain, as you can make them look too this or too that way too easily and it takes forever to actually get it the way you want it.

Edit: Also, loving the new apparel. Still sad there's no blue, though.

I agree with this completely, plus the new genes are awesome anyways.
FObX7rS.png
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 66