Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any artists out there?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@Nephthys, I would not go to kcai for computer animation. I graduated their for animation and the whole program and department is very,very self driven. It kicked my butt; which was a good thing but also extraordinarily challenging. Their game design program is very disappointing and the first time they tried to make it, all the students were so upset with the teachers and quality of learning they dropped out. Then the department got absorbed into animation...

So... Long story short it's a great place to learn animation (they'll know my name in the department : Mallory Dorn, I won 1st in dreamworlds how to train your dragon video contest) and you can learn software anywhere. Ringling is great, but @cersei would know better than me :)

I'll call my department chair and ask if kcais game design has gotten better but... You know
@Nephthys, I would not go to kcai for computer animation. I graduated their for animation and the whole program and department is very,very self driven. It kicked my butt; which was a good thing but also extraordinarily challenging. Their game design program is very disappointing and the first time they tried to make it, all the students were so upset with the teachers and quality of learning they dropped out. Then the department got absorbed into animation...

So... Long story short it's a great place to learn animation (they'll know my name in the department : Mallory Dorn, I won 1st in dreamworlds how to train your dragon video contest) and you can learn software anywhere. Ringling is great, but @cersei would know better than me :)

I'll call my department chair and ask if kcais game design has gotten better but... You know
ZVy3zUW.png
Posting again on here. I'm a self taught, self trained artist who's been successfully self employed since 2009. I mostly sell prints and make fursuits, but I'm developing a webcomic. [img]http://d.facdn.net/art/zrcalo/1359703311.zrcalo_diadexxus2.jpg[/img] I never went to school for art, I went to science, dropped out and decided it was easier to be self employed.
Posting again on here.

I'm a self taught, self trained artist who's been successfully self employed since 2009.

I mostly sell prints and make fursuits, but I'm developing a webcomic.

1359703311.zrcalo_diadexxus2.jpg

I never went to school for art, I went to science, dropped out and decided it was easier to be self employed.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
@Sanrixian Interesting! It's rare to meet another person working in the industry. I'm still a freshman but I'll be starting traditional animation next semester. (ie in a few days :D)
@Sanrixian Interesting! It's rare to meet another person working in the industry. I'm still a freshman but I'll be starting traditional animation next semester. (ie in a few days :D)
FWsnhaP.png
Contact me for commission information.
hallos! m'name is Paige but you can call me Icestar. or Ice. or Icy. i dun care. XD

i am attending a Technical school for the rest of my highschool education (junior and senior years, i am senior now). i am in ADT, advertising and digital techonology. so, i get to work with Photoshop CS6 on the newest Mac computers! (i run windows 8.1 at home, its good once you get used to it)

i used to be only drawing dragons, but now i have moved into anime. also, i like watercolor. i do other things like make paracord bracelets, paint a little, tie fishing flies, make plush, hand embroidery, put up furs (brother shoots the squirrels, i skin them for the fur. good craft stuff), and among other things like scuba diving and photography. i do too much *shot* however, my too-many crafts and hobbies has earned me a little money, id like to start a tattoo shop. Draconis Rising (i made the name waaaaay before this place existed XD), but a twist. i do henna tattoos which are safe for children. so, my shop would have one section for adults and real tattooing and another for the children and hennas. and at the same time, itll teach kids that tattoo parlors arent that scary, well as the people getting them.

you can find me here at http://dragongirl508.deviantart.com/ or my tumblr (it is slow, however) http://dragoness-icestar.tumblr.com/
hallos! m'name is Paige but you can call me Icestar. or Ice. or Icy. i dun care. XD

i am attending a Technical school for the rest of my highschool education (junior and senior years, i am senior now). i am in ADT, advertising and digital techonology. so, i get to work with Photoshop CS6 on the newest Mac computers! (i run windows 8.1 at home, its good once you get used to it)

i used to be only drawing dragons, but now i have moved into anime. also, i like watercolor. i do other things like make paracord bracelets, paint a little, tie fishing flies, make plush, hand embroidery, put up furs (brother shoots the squirrels, i skin them for the fur. good craft stuff), and among other things like scuba diving and photography. i do too much *shot* however, my too-many crafts and hobbies has earned me a little money, id like to start a tattoo shop. Draconis Rising (i made the name waaaaay before this place existed XD), but a twist. i do henna tattoos which are safe for children. so, my shop would have one section for adults and real tattooing and another for the children and hennas. and at the same time, itll teach kids that tattoo parlors arent that scary, well as the people getting them.

you can find me here at http://dragongirl508.deviantart.com/ or my tumblr (it is slow, however) http://dragoness-icestar.tumblr.com/
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Cersei traditional animation is my speciality. my thesis film was done with pencil on paper like the masters :3 goodtimes
@Cersei traditional animation is my speciality. my thesis film was done with pencil on paper like the masters :3 goodtimes
ZVy3zUW.png
I just draw for fun. I'm not terribly good at it, but I like it!
I just draw for fun. I'm not terribly good at it, but I like it!
@Sanrixian thank you that would be great, thanks for the information and congratz on winning that contest that's pretty huge.
@Sanrixian thank you that would be great, thanks for the information and congratz on winning that contest that's pretty huge.
BannerMindastsya_zps799c7982.png
Might as well post, I'm trying to get a bit more used to talking to people. ^^;

My name's Stephanie, but you can call me Steph. I'm not a GREAT artist, but I like to think I'm not bad. I don't think I'm going to go to school for it given the fact my writing usually ends up better than my artwork to be honest (I really want to write a fantasy novel ^^). I plan on adding more pictures but so far my dragons StormShadow, Deimos, Adiri, and Tillsworth have images in their descriptions.

I'm up to drawing most things and can do digital and traditional, along with doing some images in pencil alone and being able to work with pastels. I'm trying to work with clay at the moment, and I'm trying to work with pixel art and animating. Not so hot right now but I'm trying. ^^ I can also make jewelry and beadwork, such as beaded suncatcheds, and I can even make Dreamcatchers... though the web part is still a bit difficult for me. ^^;

So yeah... hi. ^^ I'm not great, but I enjoy it so that's all that matters.
Might as well post, I'm trying to get a bit more used to talking to people. ^^;

My name's Stephanie, but you can call me Steph. I'm not a GREAT artist, but I like to think I'm not bad. I don't think I'm going to go to school for it given the fact my writing usually ends up better than my artwork to be honest (I really want to write a fantasy novel ^^). I plan on adding more pictures but so far my dragons StormShadow, Deimos, Adiri, and Tillsworth have images in their descriptions.

I'm up to drawing most things and can do digital and traditional, along with doing some images in pencil alone and being able to work with pastels. I'm trying to work with clay at the moment, and I'm trying to work with pixel art and animating. Not so hot right now but I'm trying. ^^ I can also make jewelry and beadwork, such as beaded suncatcheds, and I can even make Dreamcatchers... though the web part is still a bit difficult for me. ^^;

So yeah... hi. ^^ I'm not great, but I enjoy it so that's all that matters.
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngThe darkness isn't as cold as they say.. tumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I'm an art student and trying to get into the animation program. Can't say I have that many to show off. I also like to write stories and fanfic. I've been trying to improve in both my drawing and writing for ages, but I never seem to be able to get the improve I'm looking for. Even though there definitely is some progress, but there are so many artist that are younger than me and have awesome pieces that it makes me feel like an amateur. Wished I had such talent like those talented teenagers.
I'm an art student and trying to get into the animation program. Can't say I have that many to show off. I also like to write stories and fanfic. I've been trying to improve in both my drawing and writing for ages, but I never seem to be able to get the improve I'm looking for. Even though there definitely is some progress, but there are so many artist that are younger than me and have awesome pieces that it makes me feel like an amateur. Wished I had such talent like those talented teenagers.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
I'm just a hobbyist. My tablet didn't work for a while but I managed to fix it (phew). Last digital stuff was in august, I made this today. Not bad after almost half a year of doing nothing I guess. xD [img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/005/c/0/d_i_e_by_escai-d70ziv4.png[/img] My deviantart is http://escai.deviantart.com/ Feel free to comment/watch! I almost never get comments on there ;-;
I'm just a hobbyist. My tablet didn't work for a while but I managed to fix it (phew).
Last digital stuff was in august, I made this today. Not bad after almost half a year of doing nothing I guess. xD

d_i_e_by_escai-d70ziv4.png

My deviantart is http://escai.deviantart.com/
Feel free to comment/watch! I almost never get comments on there ;-;
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16