Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Purification (OOC)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Pidgeons I never stated that I was speaking to one specific person; these forms all basically have yet to be reviewed. It's not on a first come, first serve basis and there's a lot that goes into review. If I were talking to you specifically, I would've pinged you and explained everything. There's quite a few forms that we're waiting on (as they claim they will update them), and Scryzze and I have lives outside of Flight Rising.
@Pidgeons I never stated that I was speaking to one specific person; these forms all basically have yet to be reviewed. It's not on a first come, first serve basis and there's a lot that goes into review. If I were talking to you specifically, I would've pinged you and explained everything. There's quite a few forms that we're waiting on (as they claim they will update them), and Scryzze and I have lives outside of Flight Rising.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YYECfor.png
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝
@ everyone

For convenience, I will attempt to summarize every post regarding the characters here so everyone can look over their forms to see what is missing. If I missed anything important or anyone has something to add on/correct me on, tell me and I will add it.

I call this the 'Just read the rules and what we said before please' by Curium and Scryzze; told by Pidgeon

- Read everything on the front page. It has a lot of things that pertain to both your characters and what they are currently looking for. Don't just skim over it, because you will miss something and then we have two extremely frustrated mods/hosts.

- No cliches, or stealing whole personalities from other places and just copying and pasting their info onto your form. Just,,, no. Don't do that. Chances are, the mods will recognize it.

(ADVICE FROM ME: Find someone in your life and think about their personality traits, and give it a little fantasy glitter. Most people don't actually fit into any cliches, and it is good practice for averaging out your character. And, from experience, it is probably best not to try and write yourself into the form. You will probably make yourself a little too OP, or perhaps a little too perfect for it to be considered real. If I base a character off of myself, then they will definitely be extremely all powerful beings. That is just human nature. ((Or, at least, it is human nature for me. )) Don't forget that this isn't a book; it is an RP. Rp's usually don't circle around one character, which means that all the characters have to be equally important. For example: Scryzze's character. It is well balanced, and won't steal all the attention away from everyone else. They have just enough individuality to make them interesting, but aren't the focus of the whole thing. Ok; my advice is done.)

- Don't leave plot holes or paradoxes. This means that you should not just type something that may be contradicting to your character, and then just leave it there. Elaborate on it, and explain why its not contradicting to your story, and fits right in. A good backstory and character will flow and make it so the reader thoroughly understands them.

- If you are having a hard time understanding the lore, don't be afraid to ask questions.

- Make sure your person fits in the time and place in the RP! For example, it is very unlikely that you'll see someone dressed in medieval era clothing galloping in Time's square, or riding their trusty steed around Tokyo. Make sure you have names that fit and do your research; or, perhaps, look at how other players are making their names. Do they have something in common? Do they all have a similar sound when you say it out loud, or all belong to a specific time? Double check to make sure that your character fits in the time period clothing wise, too. It is also important that their clothing reflects their environment. You would not want to be walking around in snowpants and a huge jacket when you're in the desert.

- For your companions, it is important that they are unique and individual. While you can base them off of mythology and the fantasy creatures we know today, it'd be better to base them off of alien species and sci-fi creatures. You'll get more unique and cool creatures as a result. (I mean, have you ever seen a western fantasy creature with four eyes and some killer claws? I think not)

- The ravaged aren't have going to have been something present in your characters entire life, unless they are around a year old. Instead of basing your character around the ravaged, give them their own unique flair when the ravaged begin to appear. Or, don't give the ravaged a place in your characters thing at all. Maybe something like "When a ravaged creature attacked the village, her life changed drastically." Or "The ravaged were never really a concern for him until they began to attack his caravans." Or maybe even "The ravaged were something she never really had to think about; they never affected her personally, so why bother?" The ravaged isn't a disease, either; it is more of a genetic defect that cannot be spread.

- if your character is not the adventurous and heroic type, make sure your character had a good motive for joining their party. If they have no motive, then why risk their lives for the sake of "the heart?" To simplify it, it is as if they're risking their life, for no reason, and aren't even sure how they got there because they haven't left their hometown in years. However, if they were thrown into the situation by chance or by circumstance, then it is not extremely important to have a motive.

This is just about everything I gathered from the thread. Again, if I missed anything or misinterpreted something, please tell me.

ALSO; this is not me trying to be a mod. I'm just trying to be helpful so the mods can just not be so stressed about this. I know I would be a bit stressed with running this RP. If you wish for me to remove this, I would be more than happy to.

If you want the original stuff, it is mostly on 4-8. I'm not too sure if there is anything on pages 1-3, save the rules and other info in the first couple posts. Read that stuff, though. It is important.

@ everyone

For convenience, I will attempt to summarize every post regarding the characters here so everyone can look over their forms to see what is missing. If I missed anything important or anyone has something to add on/correct me on, tell me and I will add it.

I call this the 'Just read the rules and what we said before please' by Curium and Scryzze; told by Pidgeon

- Read everything on the front page. It has a lot of things that pertain to both your characters and what they are currently looking for. Don't just skim over it, because you will miss something and then we have two extremely frustrated mods/hosts.

- No cliches, or stealing whole personalities from other places and just copying and pasting their info onto your form. Just,,, no. Don't do that. Chances are, the mods will recognize it.

(ADVICE FROM ME: Find someone in your life and think about their personality traits, and give it a little fantasy glitter. Most people don't actually fit into any cliches, and it is good practice for averaging out your character. And, from experience, it is probably best not to try and write yourself into the form. You will probably make yourself a little too OP, or perhaps a little too perfect for it to be considered real. If I base a character off of myself, then they will definitely be extremely all powerful beings. That is just human nature. ((Or, at least, it is human nature for me. )) Don't forget that this isn't a book; it is an RP. Rp's usually don't circle around one character, which means that all the characters have to be equally important. For example: Scryzze's character. It is well balanced, and won't steal all the attention away from everyone else. They have just enough individuality to make them interesting, but aren't the focus of the whole thing. Ok; my advice is done.)

- Don't leave plot holes or paradoxes. This means that you should not just type something that may be contradicting to your character, and then just leave it there. Elaborate on it, and explain why its not contradicting to your story, and fits right in. A good backstory and character will flow and make it so the reader thoroughly understands them.

- If you are having a hard time understanding the lore, don't be afraid to ask questions.

- Make sure your person fits in the time and place in the RP! For example, it is very unlikely that you'll see someone dressed in medieval era clothing galloping in Time's square, or riding their trusty steed around Tokyo. Make sure you have names that fit and do your research; or, perhaps, look at how other players are making their names. Do they have something in common? Do they all have a similar sound when you say it out loud, or all belong to a specific time? Double check to make sure that your character fits in the time period clothing wise, too. It is also important that their clothing reflects their environment. You would not want to be walking around in snowpants and a huge jacket when you're in the desert.

- For your companions, it is important that they are unique and individual. While you can base them off of mythology and the fantasy creatures we know today, it'd be better to base them off of alien species and sci-fi creatures. You'll get more unique and cool creatures as a result. (I mean, have you ever seen a western fantasy creature with four eyes and some killer claws? I think not)

- The ravaged aren't have going to have been something present in your characters entire life, unless they are around a year old. Instead of basing your character around the ravaged, give them their own unique flair when the ravaged begin to appear. Or, don't give the ravaged a place in your characters thing at all. Maybe something like "When a ravaged creature attacked the village, her life changed drastically." Or "The ravaged were never really a concern for him until they began to attack his caravans." Or maybe even "The ravaged were something she never really had to think about; they never affected her personally, so why bother?" The ravaged isn't a disease, either; it is more of a genetic defect that cannot be spread.

- if your character is not the adventurous and heroic type, make sure your character had a good motive for joining their party. If they have no motive, then why risk their lives for the sake of "the heart?" To simplify it, it is as if they're risking their life, for no reason, and aren't even sure how they got there because they haven't left their hometown in years. However, if they were thrown into the situation by chance or by circumstance, then it is not extremely important to have a motive.

This is just about everything I gathered from the thread. Again, if I missed anything or misinterpreted something, please tell me.

ALSO; this is not me trying to be a mod. I'm just trying to be helpful so the mods can just not be so stressed about this. I know I would be a bit stressed with running this RP. If you wish for me to remove this, I would be more than happy to.

If you want the original stuff, it is mostly on 4-8. I'm not too sure if there is anything on pages 1-3, save the rules and other info in the first couple posts. Read that stuff, though. It is important.

@Pidgeons
Thank you for compiling everything and listing everything important ;w;
@Pidgeons
Thank you for compiling everything and listing everything important ;w;
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YYECfor.png
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
â–‘
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝
Anytime. ALSO; @Dogsblubblub helped out with this master list. Currently, she is giving me death glares because I didn't credit her ;-;
Anytime. ALSO; @Dogsblubblub helped out with this master list. Currently, she is giving me death glares because I didn't credit her ;-;
That is an exaggeration. I am not glaring at you!
That is an exaggeration. I am not glaring at you!
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
Made Joan a roaming and unaffiliated rider/medic and added more to her history! Solarice is also fit for duty hopefully...
Made Joan a roaming and unaffiliated rider/medic and added more to her history! Solarice is also fit for duty hopefully...
oulcMpY.gif
@Pidgeons
Alright, please excuse my absence for much of today as I've been lacking a bit of sleep and today I've had a particularly bad headache. It also appears that neither I nor curium have reviewed your character sheet, so allow me to do so now.

He could be nicknamed Gumby, but having it as his real name seems a tad bit off.
Wasn't sure if repeater crossbows would really fit, though considering I have no set time period in human history to base it on I'll let it slide, as long as you weren't thinking of one of the more refined designs of them.
...And, admittedly, I hadn't exactly wanted cotton and wool fabrics as much as they've been used but no point in banning you from them while everyone else gets them, meh.

I'm actually curious to see what you have involving a black market. Any new ideas that add to lore are always great, and we have yet to have mentions of a desert. Although, a black market that involves beasts would most likely fall under the Order of the Pale Moon's doing (albeit very hush hush) or just unaffiliated.
I did mention somewhere else that there is no one ruler of the land, government or otherwise, that controls all of the tribes and villages; the province that your character is from might have taxes, but I doubt the Onyx Order would really care about it unless they had an agreement. For the other caravans, I would feel that the Order does provide guards.

I do believe I had edited something before you made your master post, but I'll restate it here just in case; the main premise of the roleplay is for the group to be one of the many who are out searching for the Heart. For more of the action oriented characters (such as my own), I can understand why they would be out there, under orders or not, but I would like to ask you your character's motivations in going.
@Pidgeons
Alright, please excuse my absence for much of today as I've been lacking a bit of sleep and today I've had a particularly bad headache. It also appears that neither I nor curium have reviewed your character sheet, so allow me to do so now.

He could be nicknamed Gumby, but having it as his real name seems a tad bit off.
Wasn't sure if repeater crossbows would really fit, though considering I have no set time period in human history to base it on I'll let it slide, as long as you weren't thinking of one of the more refined designs of them.
...And, admittedly, I hadn't exactly wanted cotton and wool fabrics as much as they've been used but no point in banning you from them while everyone else gets them, meh.

I'm actually curious to see what you have involving a black market. Any new ideas that add to lore are always great, and we have yet to have mentions of a desert. Although, a black market that involves beasts would most likely fall under the Order of the Pale Moon's doing (albeit very hush hush) or just unaffiliated.
I did mention somewhere else that there is no one ruler of the land, government or otherwise, that controls all of the tribes and villages; the province that your character is from might have taxes, but I doubt the Onyx Order would really care about it unless they had an agreement. For the other caravans, I would feel that the Order does provide guards.

I do believe I had edited something before you made your master post, but I'll restate it here just in case; the main premise of the roleplay is for the group to be one of the many who are out searching for the Heart. For more of the action oriented characters (such as my own), I can understand why they would be out there, under orders or not, but I would like to ask you your character's motivations in going.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@Scryzze

Thank you for the response. If you are experiencing headaches and lacking sleep, it'd probably be best that you got some rest. Self care, am I right?

Ok, so I'm going to address everything you said a bit out of order, so bear with me.

About the desert, and the black market;

I was thinking that the black market would be centered around the oasis's in the desert, to keep them hidden but well supplied. And, yes, the black market does exist about everywhere; but the center of it would be located within the desert so they won't have as big of a risk getting caught. Gumby's job (Or Ginji, as I'm going to change it to) is to deliver messages and supplies between oasises. A middle man, if you will. Because of how you addressed the black market, I am going to edit Gumby's position to unaffiliated so he has a little more room to maneuver. If there are no central governments, then I will change the tax caravans to independent merchants that get their guards from Ginji, who in turn gets them from the order. Again, Ginji is the middleman here. He connects the smaller businesses to deals with the Order. I would think that the agreement would be that he gets around 10-30% of the profit from connecting the order to the deals. If you need a reference from real life to understand, it is similar to when a lawyer refers another lawyer a case, and in turn gets a portion of whatever money is won from it. And, again, since there is no overruling government, the business can also focus on independent messenger services for the country side and cities. That would probably be how they got into the black market in the first place, actually. With so many long trips over the desert, they would be bound to get involved somehow.

The question I have would be if the onyx provides them for free. I feel as if they could pull in a lot of moola for their services.

A good "motive" for Ginji would be that a caravan he was traveling in was overrun by thieves. He would then be taken for ransom, and brought back to the fringes of the desert so they can figure out a price. That would hopefully be where your group comes along. Freeing him, he is both in their debt AND pretty much stranded if he doesn't go along with them. Crossing the desert alone would be extremely dangerous if you have an average physique and relatively little fighting experience. Not only that, but he would probably be proclaimed dead, so no one would go out looking for him. The only way for him to (hopefully) get back to civilization would be to tag along on this dangerous quest. Naturally, they wouldn't slay all of the thieve's steeds, so he would take one of those to ride along.

For the repeater crossbow, I can change that to something like a slingshot or throwing knives. I chose plant-based fabrics because they are cooler overall and more breezy, which is pretty handy for the desert. Now that I'm looking back at him, he'll definitely be a bit sleazier than I would want him to be; but, more defined and straightforward characters are always more fun to RP anyways.

I will also add what you said to the master post. I think @Dogsblubblub wants to do a general lore master post, too, so less people will be confused.

Before I end this, a few more questions:

What is the geography like in where we are roleplaying?

What is the name of the continent(s) we are roleplaying on?

What do the houses generally look like, or, in other words, what is the current house style? If it varies, then I understand if it would be a little too much research.

What is gender equality like? What is the political situation overall when it comes to human rights? Does legal slavery still exist? How about illegal human trafficking?

These are just some random lore questions I just thought up that would definitely help set the mood and just help with world building overall.

Currently, I cannot change anything, since I am typing from mobile and prefer to revise from a computer.
@Scryzze

Thank you for the response. If you are experiencing headaches and lacking sleep, it'd probably be best that you got some rest. Self care, am I right?

Ok, so I'm going to address everything you said a bit out of order, so bear with me.

About the desert, and the black market;

I was thinking that the black market would be centered around the oasis's in the desert, to keep them hidden but well supplied. And, yes, the black market does exist about everywhere; but the center of it would be located within the desert so they won't have as big of a risk getting caught. Gumby's job (Or Ginji, as I'm going to change it to) is to deliver messages and supplies between oasises. A middle man, if you will. Because of how you addressed the black market, I am going to edit Gumby's position to unaffiliated so he has a little more room to maneuver. If there are no central governments, then I will change the tax caravans to independent merchants that get their guards from Ginji, who in turn gets them from the order. Again, Ginji is the middleman here. He connects the smaller businesses to deals with the Order. I would think that the agreement would be that he gets around 10-30% of the profit from connecting the order to the deals. If you need a reference from real life to understand, it is similar to when a lawyer refers another lawyer a case, and in turn gets a portion of whatever money is won from it. And, again, since there is no overruling government, the business can also focus on independent messenger services for the country side and cities. That would probably be how they got into the black market in the first place, actually. With so many long trips over the desert, they would be bound to get involved somehow.

The question I have would be if the onyx provides them for free. I feel as if they could pull in a lot of moola for their services.

A good "motive" for Ginji would be that a caravan he was traveling in was overrun by thieves. He would then be taken for ransom, and brought back to the fringes of the desert so they can figure out a price. That would hopefully be where your group comes along. Freeing him, he is both in their debt AND pretty much stranded if he doesn't go along with them. Crossing the desert alone would be extremely dangerous if you have an average physique and relatively little fighting experience. Not only that, but he would probably be proclaimed dead, so no one would go out looking for him. The only way for him to (hopefully) get back to civilization would be to tag along on this dangerous quest. Naturally, they wouldn't slay all of the thieve's steeds, so he would take one of those to ride along.

For the repeater crossbow, I can change that to something like a slingshot or throwing knives. I chose plant-based fabrics because they are cooler overall and more breezy, which is pretty handy for the desert. Now that I'm looking back at him, he'll definitely be a bit sleazier than I would want him to be; but, more defined and straightforward characters are always more fun to RP anyways.

I will also add what you said to the master post. I think @Dogsblubblub wants to do a general lore master post, too, so less people will be confused.

Before I end this, a few more questions:

What is the geography like in where we are roleplaying?

What is the name of the continent(s) we are roleplaying on?

What do the houses generally look like, or, in other words, what is the current house style? If it varies, then I understand if it would be a little too much research.

What is gender equality like? What is the political situation overall when it comes to human rights? Does legal slavery still exist? How about illegal human trafficking?

These are just some random lore questions I just thought up that would definitely help set the mood and just help with world building overall.

Currently, I cannot change anything, since I am typing from mobile and prefer to revise from a computer.
@Pidgeons

This mostly is in the same order of your post, but some things probably jumped around, whoops.

Hmm. If that was the plan you had wanted, then your character won't be present for the beginning of the roleplay, and for a while afterwards, depending on how fast everyone can get posts out. If you'd rather be there earlier on, I could have it that one of the Onyx Order had been sent to check on the missing caravan and had brought him back, though I'd prefer not to get any plans set in stone until curium and I get down all the characters who are going to officially be in the roleplay.

'Free' guards are usually only for settlements that have the support of the Order, however there is no universal currency between the tribes so payment would be a topic you could think on.

I feel that throwing knives or any other small ranged weapon would be ideal. While slingshots kinda hurt I don't think they'd be that great of a weapon to keep with him.

I can possibly create a Google Doc to just place all of the lore there as to keep from having a large amount of long posts on the thread (as, I admit, if it's not detailed character sheets I hate scrolling past them).

And to answer some questions;

The geography varies wildly, however the main area had been planned to be a dense forest. Southwest of it was going to be grasslands, and I can add a desert to wherever you see as most probable. Villages are sparse and the paths between them aren't tamed, however small areas around each settlement may be cleared for small farms and the like.

As much of the world (which they don't know past the continent) has yet to be explored, the entire world as a whole is referred to as "Aelei" (?-l?).

Styles do vary, however many tribes are nomadic in nature and often use tents or easily movable shelters as the go. More settled tribes have houses made of wood and thatch, or any easily replaceable materials that are near them. The only stonework so far is the Onyx Order's main building, but it's messy.

Discrimination between humans isn't an issue (however personal beliefs are still different from person to person). Some things are still seen as feminine/masculine and might be edged away from, however most don't truly care that much as there are other, much larger, issues present within the community.
Using another human as forced labor is looked down upon, considering much of the community is tamers and they can provide beasts to do things that a human might not be strong enough to do.
Slavery depends on the tribe, however it isn't very common and often only present if the wildlife is particularly wild and not able to be tamed.
Illegal human trafficking is likely uncommon, or at least there is a very small market for it, for reasons I had mentioned a couple lines up.
@Pidgeons

This mostly is in the same order of your post, but some things probably jumped around, whoops.

Hmm. If that was the plan you had wanted, then your character won't be present for the beginning of the roleplay, and for a while afterwards, depending on how fast everyone can get posts out. If you'd rather be there earlier on, I could have it that one of the Onyx Order had been sent to check on the missing caravan and had brought him back, though I'd prefer not to get any plans set in stone until curium and I get down all the characters who are going to officially be in the roleplay.

'Free' guards are usually only for settlements that have the support of the Order, however there is no universal currency between the tribes so payment would be a topic you could think on.

I feel that throwing knives or any other small ranged weapon would be ideal. While slingshots kinda hurt I don't think they'd be that great of a weapon to keep with him.

I can possibly create a Google Doc to just place all of the lore there as to keep from having a large amount of long posts on the thread (as, I admit, if it's not detailed character sheets I hate scrolling past them).

And to answer some questions;

The geography varies wildly, however the main area had been planned to be a dense forest. Southwest of it was going to be grasslands, and I can add a desert to wherever you see as most probable. Villages are sparse and the paths between them aren't tamed, however small areas around each settlement may be cleared for small farms and the like.

As much of the world (which they don't know past the continent) has yet to be explored, the entire world as a whole is referred to as "Aelei" (?-l?).

Styles do vary, however many tribes are nomadic in nature and often use tents or easily movable shelters as the go. More settled tribes have houses made of wood and thatch, or any easily replaceable materials that are near them. The only stonework so far is the Onyx Order's main building, but it's messy.

Discrimination between humans isn't an issue (however personal beliefs are still different from person to person). Some things are still seen as feminine/masculine and might be edged away from, however most don't truly care that much as there are other, much larger, issues present within the community.
Using another human as forced labor is looked down upon, considering much of the community is tamers and they can provide beasts to do things that a human might not be strong enough to do.
Slavery depends on the tribe, however it isn't very common and often only present if the wildlife is particularly wild and not able to be tamed.
Illegal human trafficking is likely uncommon, or at least there is a very small market for it, for reasons I had mentioned a couple lines up.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
So I was rereading the first page and edit my history in my application. It goes in more detail about Ashanti's relationship with her Grandmother, and the value of Cotoil. (lol, so dame ugly)

Oh, and can we post pictures on our applications of our beast companions?
So I was rereading the first page and edit my history in my application. It goes in more detail about Ashanti's relationship with her Grandmother, and the value of Cotoil. (lol, so dame ugly)

Oh, and can we post pictures on our applications of our beast companions?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12