Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Alternatives to DeviantART?
1 2
I actually did not know of stuff other than furaffinity, dA, and tumblr wow :o but I only use dA. Might use my tumblr, or make a new blog on there for art, but I'm not planning on that anytime soon anyway xD
I actually did not know of stuff other than furaffinity, dA, and tumblr wow :o but I only use dA. Might use my tumblr, or make a new blog on there for art, but I'm not planning on that anytime soon anyway xD

I do NOT recommend conceptart.org. That place is vitriolic. There are some great people, but also a lot of very bitter people who need to learn that discouraging other artists is not only hypocritical but also just plain awful.

That said, I wish I had an answer for you. I would like to find an alternative to DA too.
I do NOT recommend conceptart.org. That place is vitriolic. There are some great people, but also a lot of very bitter people who need to learn that discouraging other artists is not only hypocritical but also just plain awful.

That said, I wish I had an answer for you. I would like to find an alternative to DA too.
7HydpTe.png jFhVofF.png
Wysp as recommended on front page but also check out http://www.artician.com which is where I was and you can transfer your DA account to them in one smooth move if you've already got some on DA
Wysp as recommended on front page but also check out http://www.artician.com which is where I was and you can transfer your DA account to them in one smooth move if you've already got some on DA
[quote name="IcefireStarfire" date="2013-12-23 20:38:03"]I actually did not know of stuff other than furaffinity, dA, and tumblr wow :o but I only use dA. Might use my tumblr, or make a new blog on there for art, but I'm not planning on that anytime soon anyway xD[/quote] Tumblr is great for exposure and getting feed back and it's fun to not just use for art, but if you're looking for something set up like DA but a bit nicer and more streamlined, artician is where it's at for that and if you're already on DA you can basically one button transfer your gallery to http://www.artician.com their pro sub is also pretty cheap but worth it.
IcefireStarfire wrote on 2013-12-23 20:38:03:

Tumblr is great for exposure and getting feed back and it's fun to not just use for art, but if you're looking for something set up like DA but a bit nicer and more streamlined, artician is where it's at for that and if you're already on DA you can basically one button transfer your gallery to http://www.artician.com

their pro sub is also pretty cheap but worth it.
I highly reccomend weasyl and furaffinity.
FA has a more active community compared to DA, while Weasyl is better, but the community is smaller.

I get more views and messages on FA than I ever got on DA.

DA's just... dead... or full of people who dont care about art. It's kinda become a virtual economy site for drama.
I highly reccomend weasyl and furaffinity.
FA has a more active community compared to DA, while Weasyl is better, but the community is smaller.

I get more views and messages on FA than I ever got on DA.

DA's just... dead... or full of people who dont care about art. It's kinda become a virtual economy site for drama.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
For fantasy/sci-fi art there's Elfwood. It's been around since before dA, but I'm not sure how active it is anymore.
For fantasy/sci-fi art there's Elfwood. It's been around since before dA, but I'm not sure how active it is anymore.
a2Ufdch.gif G2s For Sale
G1 Sales
Gosh, the only sites I've ever heard of are DA and Furaffinity, although I don't have a Furaffinity account. I'll have to keep these in mind.
Gosh, the only sites I've ever heard of are DA and Furaffinity, although I don't have a Furaffinity account. I'll have to keep these in mind.
As you can see, each element has its own strengths and weaknesses...but Fire is the best! ~Iroh
I've heard a lot of recommendations for FurAffinity... problem is I don't draw animals and creatures as much as I draw people, so I doubt it'd be a good fit for me, unfortunately. Though I hear good things about it, aside from the drama. (Then again, dA is full of it also.)
I've heard a lot of recommendations for FurAffinity... problem is I don't draw animals and creatures as much as I draw people, so I doubt it'd be a good fit for me, unfortunately. Though I hear good things about it, aside from the drama. (Then again, dA is full of it also.)
1 2