Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any obscure questions?
1 2 3 4
what time period did fur start developing on animals, even if it was just proto fur? What fossil records do we have? I tried googling it multiple times but i got nothing
what time period did fur start developing on animals, even if it was just proto fur? What fossil records do we have? I tried googling it multiple times but i got nothing
xEyhnVi.gif
[quote name="Kaeqiin" date=2017-04-27 12:38:47] What would it look like if one leader of a country were to die this day? [/quote] @Kaeqiin Hmm... Let's find out!
Kaeqiin wrote on 2017-04-27:
What would it look like if one leader of a country were to die this day?

@Kaeqiin
Hmm... Let's find out!
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
"Is it safe to eat cereal after you found a human ear in it?"

"If you were to sew a man's buttcrack together, would it become one mound of flesh?"

"Can spiders?"
"Is it safe to eat cereal after you found a human ear in it?"

"If you were to sew a man's buttcrack together, would it become one mound of flesh?"

"Can spiders?"
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
@PrehistoryMaker

in traditional greek lore they lay eggs, and they are all bejeweled and fancy and stuff

but like you said the part of them that would house the reproductive system is mammalian. that must be painful

so I mean, a mammal laying eggs isn't unprecedented, but the biology of that would be odd to say the least. And do they produce milk? I guess whether or not they lay eggs wouldn't inherently mean too much either way about lactation, but its an interesting concept, because that would mean a gryphon's beak would have to be accommodating(?) to drinking a mothers milk without seriously damaging her
@PrehistoryMaker

in traditional greek lore they lay eggs, and they are all bejeweled and fancy and stuff

but like you said the part of them that would house the reproductive system is mammalian. that must be painful

so I mean, a mammal laying eggs isn't unprecedented, but the biology of that would be odd to say the least. And do they produce milk? I guess whether or not they lay eggs wouldn't inherently mean too much either way about lactation, but its an interesting concept, because that would mean a gryphon's beak would have to be accommodating(?) to drinking a mothers milk without seriously damaging her
@LizardKing: Well, gryphons would probably have hollow bones throughout their bodies, even in the mammal parts, so they could fly. I suppose they could have other avian parts despite being half-mammal.
@LizardKing: Well, gryphons would probably have hollow bones throughout their bodies, even in the mammal parts, so they could fly. I suppose they could have other avian parts despite being half-mammal.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Solitary confinement has been shown to drive prisoners insane, sometimes within a few weeks. It is the lack of human contact, or the lack of space/pastimes that is the main factor? Does that mean in all those "last person on earth" books/movies, the protagonist would likely go crazy, because they have no one to socialize with?

And I have a bunch about movie production which apparently no one else is interested. Unfortunate, considering I'm supposed to answer them for a school projects. Some examples:
What is the average amount of time spent casting?
What's the average amount of film cut from a movie?
How many people do directors usually have editing? How long does it take to edit?
Solitary confinement has been shown to drive prisoners insane, sometimes within a few weeks. It is the lack of human contact, or the lack of space/pastimes that is the main factor? Does that mean in all those "last person on earth" books/movies, the protagonist would likely go crazy, because they have no one to socialize with?

And I have a bunch about movie production which apparently no one else is interested. Unfortunate, considering I'm supposed to answer them for a school projects. Some examples:
What is the average amount of time spent casting?
What's the average amount of film cut from a movie?
How many people do directors usually have editing? How long does it take to edit?
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

Do blind people actually see in their dreams?
Do fish drink water?
What is the most rear I color?
Why do I have such a bland life? xD LOL
Do blind people actually see in their dreams?
Do fish drink water?
What is the most rear I color?
Why do I have such a bland life? xD LOL
1_by_cas_a_fras-db7vukm.gif
2_by_cas_a_fras-db7vuk7.gif
3_by_cas_a_fras-db7vujt.gif
tt5ZtBD.gif
  • What the heck to pets dream about?
  • Does my cat love me or does he see me as just an orversized blanket? And wHY DOES HE PEE ON MY SOCKS ALL OF THE TIME? WHAT'S UP WITH HIS OBSESSION TO VOMIT ON THE CARPET?
  • If you drop soap on a dirty floor, does it make the floor clean or the soap dirty?
  • What would happen if the moon suddenly disappeared?
  • What would happen to society if the Earth's axis just suddenly became straight?
  • Do fish even sleep? Do whales and dolphins sleep? How do they keep themselves from drowning?
  • What would happen if we took a gulper eel up to the surface? Would they not be able to take the minimal pressure?
  • What if a black hole just appeared in the place of our moon? Would we be affected?
  • What would happen if our gravity decreased to the ammount on the moon?
  • What the heck to pets dream about?
  • Does my cat love me or does he see me as just an orversized blanket? And wHY DOES HE PEE ON MY SOCKS ALL OF THE TIME? WHAT'S UP WITH HIS OBSESSION TO VOMIT ON THE CARPET?
  • If you drop soap on a dirty floor, does it make the floor clean or the soap dirty?
  • What would happen if the moon suddenly disappeared?
  • What would happen to society if the Earth's axis just suddenly became straight?
  • Do fish even sleep? Do whales and dolphins sleep? How do they keep themselves from drowning?
  • What would happen if we took a gulper eel up to the surface? Would they not be able to take the minimal pressure?
  • What if a black hole just appeared in the place of our moon? Would we be affected?
  • What would happen if our gravity decreased to the ammount on the moon?
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
If someone crashes their car on purpose is it still an accident???
If someone crashes their car on purpose is it still an accident???
Oh my gosh I'm so glad to see this thread growing.

Is it even possible for an animal to have 6 limbs? (Basically, could dragons actually exist?)
How many pinecones does a pine tree produce every year?
What would the earth be like if humans just suddenly dissapeared
Oh my gosh I'm so glad to see this thread growing.

Is it even possible for an animal to have 6 limbs? (Basically, could dragons actually exist?)
How many pinecones does a pine tree produce every year?
What would the earth be like if humans just suddenly dissapeared
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gifdeity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gifdeity_tidelord_by_dogi_crimson-dadpfgb.gifdeity_earthshaker_by_dogi_crimson-daejdq0.gif
1 2 3 4