Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | "Critical Alert From" Voice?
My earbuds were plugged into my computer, but I just set them on my desk (didn't unplug). Then I heard this little sound coming from them, picked it up, and heard "Critical alert from-" over and over again, but it would cut off after the word 'from'. My tabs say the sound is coming from a thread I was looking at on FR, so I closed the tab and it went away.

I'm not sure if it's an ad that was doing it (don't remember what ad it was, it was one I've seen regularly about some webcomic), or my computer has obtained a virus, but it was really weird and concerning. Maybe it was from an ad at the bottom of the screen that I didn't see? If it matters, I was looking at the Mistral Jamboree Festival announcement thread from last month. I'm not 100% sure it was an ad, but it could've been. Has anyone else heard this or do I need to scan my computer for viruses?

Thanks.
My earbuds were plugged into my computer, but I just set them on my desk (didn't unplug). Then I heard this little sound coming from them, picked it up, and heard "Critical alert from-" over and over again, but it would cut off after the word 'from'. My tabs say the sound is coming from a thread I was looking at on FR, so I closed the tab and it went away.

I'm not sure if it's an ad that was doing it (don't remember what ad it was, it was one I've seen regularly about some webcomic), or my computer has obtained a virus, but it was really weird and concerning. Maybe it was from an ad at the bottom of the screen that I didn't see? If it matters, I was looking at the Mistral Jamboree Festival announcement thread from last month. I'm not 100% sure it was an ad, but it could've been. Has anyone else heard this or do I need to scan my computer for viruses?

Thanks.
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
I got this too. It was trying to say critical alert from Microsoft, it was on the bottom banner. Needless to say, it was some sort of scam.
I got this too. It was trying to say critical alert from Microsoft, it was on the bottom banner. Needless to say, it was some sort of scam.
LN63BIW.png
@ediblepandas - Ugh, a scam thing again. Is this report-worthy for the ad report section?
@ediblepandas - Ugh, a scam thing again. Is this report-worthy for the ad report section?
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
I'd say so, the reason I found your post is because I forgot where the ad report section was and I was looking for it.
I'd say so, the reason I found your post is because I forgot where the ad report section was and I was looking for it.
LN63BIW.png
@heartcrusher1 @ediblepandas

Hey guys! This does sound like this is the result of a malicious advertisement. Flight Rising does not support ads that make sound, redirect you to other sites, or are otherwise intrusive to your gameplay. If you can obtain a screenshot of the ad in question and / or it's URL address, please be sure to report it in the Advertising Report Thread, which is stickied in the FR Discussion forum.

Since you have been redirected to the appropriate report thread, this one is now locked. Thank you!
@heartcrusher1 @ediblepandas

Hey guys! This does sound like this is the result of a malicious advertisement. Flight Rising does not support ads that make sound, redirect you to other sites, or are otherwise intrusive to your gameplay. If you can obtain a screenshot of the ad in question and / or it's URL address, please be sure to report it in the Advertising Report Thread, which is stickied in the FR Discussion forum.

Since you have been redirected to the appropriate report thread, this one is now locked. Thank you!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png