Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Finding stories you wrote as a child
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18
I found a whole bunch of stories I wrote as a kid recently, and MY GOD.

-Animals stories. I have tons of stories where it involves a girl/boy and their pet saving the day or getting lost together. For some reason, the girl was ALWAYS named Crystal. They were always the same.
- Band stories? Like, you're the manager of *famous band here* and your job is to manage them. No romance, just that. I have a ton of them, too.
I found a whole bunch of stories I wrote as a kid recently, and MY GOD.

-Animals stories. I have tons of stories where it involves a girl/boy and their pet saving the day or getting lost together. For some reason, the girl was ALWAYS named Crystal. They were always the same.
- Band stories? Like, you're the manager of *famous band here* and your job is to manage them. No romance, just that. I have a ton of them, too.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
I wrote a lot of stories as a child, most of them about animals (that hasn't changed, mind you). I don't remember a lot about them and I don't think I finished a single one, but I sometimes find them among my documents and read through them. Maybe I should find them cringey, but I like them because it reminds me of how far I've come.

My favorite is perhaps one about how five cats accidentally get lost from their homes and try to find their way back, and adventure happens on the way.
I wrote a lot of stories as a child, most of them about animals (that hasn't changed, mind you). I don't remember a lot about them and I don't think I finished a single one, but I sometimes find them among my documents and read through them. Maybe I should find them cringey, but I like them because it reminds me of how far I've come.

My favorite is perhaps one about how five cats accidentally get lost from their homes and try to find their way back, and adventure happens on the way.
Be warned: This is very bad. The name of this story is 'Wolf of Darkness'.

The pups were at the Betas Ceremony. Snowpup and Logpup both sat next to their parents. Suddenly, Icemoon and Shinesun got up. They walked over to the front. The pups were used to this. They were with the two older apprentices, Coalpaw and Winterpaw. They’d get their Warrior Ceremony the next day. They liked Coalpaw and Winterpaw. A female wolf’s voice called for silence. It was the Adviser, Grasseyes. She was Icemoon’s only living sister. They often told the pups stories of their adventures. Snowpup suddenly snapped back to reality as a familiar female voice echoed across the clearing.
“?I say these words before the Pack of the Crystal Lake, so that the spirits of our ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. The new betas of Arcticpack are Ashpelt and Vanillaclaw,” Icemoon called. Shinesun nodded and rolled a ball of moss over to the rocks and kicked sticks into it. ‘A tradition of our pack,’ Snowpup thought. The wolves suddenly all howled. The pups joined in too. An owl’s hoot from the sky came. It was a long one. Snowpup realised suddenly that the hoot was Crystalpack’s howl. The blurred shadow of a winged wolf suddenly flew across the forest. Or was that Snowpup’s imagination? She didn’t care. Everything was fine. She was prone to visions of a shadow-like winged wolf. She was the only one in the pack. Every so often, a winged wolf was born. This happened most often in the alphas’ family. Shinesun called,
“Meeting over! You can go back to your homes now!” Icemoon jumped off the rocks and landed. Grasseyes did the same. All three wolves walked over to the pups.
“Let’s go,” Grasseyes said. The wolves followed her to the alphas’ cave. A few minutes later, the pups were lying down.
“Time for a story. Creation of Queolani or the first tale of Grasspup and Icepup?” Grasseyes asked then added quickly, “You can have both if you want since it was a ceremony today.” Adding that was a mistake. Both wolves shouted,
“Both!” And these were the stories.

I never finished writing the stories...
Be warned: This is very bad. The name of this story is 'Wolf of Darkness'.

The pups were at the Betas Ceremony. Snowpup and Logpup both sat next to their parents. Suddenly, Icemoon and Shinesun got up. They walked over to the front. The pups were used to this. They were with the two older apprentices, Coalpaw and Winterpaw. They’d get their Warrior Ceremony the next day. They liked Coalpaw and Winterpaw. A female wolf’s voice called for silence. It was the Adviser, Grasseyes. She was Icemoon’s only living sister. They often told the pups stories of their adventures. Snowpup suddenly snapped back to reality as a familiar female voice echoed across the clearing.
“?I say these words before the Pack of the Crystal Lake, so that the spirits of our ancestors may hear and approve of my choice. The new betas of Arcticpack are Ashpelt and Vanillaclaw,” Icemoon called. Shinesun nodded and rolled a ball of moss over to the rocks and kicked sticks into it. ‘A tradition of our pack,’ Snowpup thought. The wolves suddenly all howled. The pups joined in too. An owl’s hoot from the sky came. It was a long one. Snowpup realised suddenly that the hoot was Crystalpack’s howl. The blurred shadow of a winged wolf suddenly flew across the forest. Or was that Snowpup’s imagination? She didn’t care. Everything was fine. She was prone to visions of a shadow-like winged wolf. She was the only one in the pack. Every so often, a winged wolf was born. This happened most often in the alphas’ family. Shinesun called,
“Meeting over! You can go back to your homes now!” Icemoon jumped off the rocks and landed. Grasseyes did the same. All three wolves walked over to the pups.
“Let’s go,” Grasseyes said. The wolves followed her to the alphas’ cave. A few minutes later, the pups were lying down.
“Time for a story. Creation of Queolani or the first tale of Grasspup and Icepup?” Grasseyes asked then added quickly, “You can have both if you want since it was a ceremony today.” Adding that was a mistake. Both wolves shouted,
“Both!” And these were the stories.

I never finished writing the stories...
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
When I was younger I wanted to be a writer so there are probably a lot worse that have been lost to time/wiped from my memory with bleach-

I can remember is that I always had a few characters to “represent” my siblings in *every story*, and since I could never take anything out on them in real life, I did it on those characters. They died in horrific, slow ways, or got captured and tortured and THEN killed horribly and slowly to demonstrate the evil of the villains...;;

oh, and another book I wrote at the beginning of my Horse Phase that i’m stilllll going through and it was awful.... About three pages of everyone’s amazement at this thing’s birth that was really badly written and I was just Done. It wasn’t even split up properly.... it was a mess tbh, hurt me to look at it. (I’ll give you a sample if you want;;;)

And once I wrote a “children’s book” that would probably kill any sane adult that looked at it. It was about a bubble returning to the bottle (which is stupid, yes, but we haven’t hit the worst part of this yet) except I hated drawing spheres. What was my solution? I skipped over about 5 years and the bubble was now shaped like a candy cane and red.... I don’t.... I just....

yeah I have/had issues
When I was younger I wanted to be a writer so there are probably a lot worse that have been lost to time/wiped from my memory with bleach-

I can remember is that I always had a few characters to “represent” my siblings in *every story*, and since I could never take anything out on them in real life, I did it on those characters. They died in horrific, slow ways, or got captured and tortured and THEN killed horribly and slowly to demonstrate the evil of the villains...;;

oh, and another book I wrote at the beginning of my Horse Phase that i’m stilllll going through and it was awful.... About three pages of everyone’s amazement at this thing’s birth that was really badly written and I was just Done. It wasn’t even split up properly.... it was a mess tbh, hurt me to look at it. (I’ll give you a sample if you want;;;)

And once I wrote a “children’s book” that would probably kill any sane adult that looked at it. It was about a bubble returning to the bottle (which is stupid, yes, but we haven’t hit the worst part of this yet) except I hated drawing spheres. What was my solution? I skipped over about 5 years and the bubble was now shaped like a candy cane and red.... I don’t.... I just....

yeah I have/had issues
anastasia_r_by_sheepshape-dcfd02j.gif
[quote name="Selki" date=2017-04-10 09:14:57] When I was younger I wanted to be a writer so there are probably a lot worse that have been lost to time/wiped from my memory with bleach- I can remember is that I always had a few characters to “represent” my siblings in *every story*, and since I could never take anything out on them in real life, I did it on those characters. They died in horrific, slow ways, or got captured and tortured and THEN killed horribly and slowly to demonstrate the evil of the villains...;; oh, and another book I wrote at the beginning of my Horse Phase that i’m stilllll going through and it was awful.... About three pages of everyone’s amazement at this thing’s birth that was really badly written and I was just Done. It wasn’t even split up properly.... it was a mess tbh, hurt me to look at it. (I’ll give you a sample if you want;;;) And once I wrote a “children’s book” that would probably kill any sane adult that looked at it. It was about a bubble returning to the bottle (which is stupid, yes, but we haven’t hit the worst part of this yet) except I hated drawing spheres. What was my solution? I skipped over about 5 years and the bubble was now shaped like a candy cane and red.... I don’t.... I just.... yeah I have/had issues [/quote] so i looked for #2 just for this, and- The writing is horribly smeared, at least on the covers, and the back-cover summary actually says- “when the terrible Thunderbolt decides life has to end, she starts a war. The Last War.” This actually has 60 pages, including the [s]terrifyingly bad[/s] illustrations....
Selki wrote on 2017-04-10:

yeah I have/had issues

so i looked for #2 just for this, and-

The writing is horribly smeared, at least on the covers, and the back-cover summary actually says- “when the terrible Thunderbolt decides life has to end, she starts a war. The Last War.”

This actually has 60 pages, including the terrifyingly bad illustrations....
OH MY GOD THIS THREAD when I was like 7 I wrote a book called
" KILLER SCHOOL" AND it was literally a paper stapled story of kids being murdered in creative ways my mom found this and said she wants to keep it forever

I also had an "award winning" series called Jango and he was a small hispanic kid who tried to pretty much put an end to public school by blowing them up
OH MY GOD THIS THREAD when I was like 7 I wrote a book called
" KILLER SCHOOL" AND it was literally a paper stapled story of kids being murdered in creative ways my mom found this and said she wants to keep it forever

I also had an "award winning" series called Jango and he was a small hispanic kid who tried to pretty much put an end to public school by blowing them up
[quote name="Selki" date=2017-04-10 09:14:57] oh, and another book I wrote at the beginning of my Horse Phase that i’m stilllll going through and it was awful.... About three pages of everyone’s amazement at this thing’s birth that was really badly written and I was just Done. It wasn’t even split up properly.... it was a mess tbh, hurt me to look at it. (I’ll give you a sample if you want;;;) [/quote] Never mind, I’m four chapters in. The Introduction is awful and written by an American Girl character, or is at least heavily based off of her- same first name and same friend’s name- and honestly, this story so far is NOTHING like that describes. Anyway, a summary of what’s happened so far- basically, Eirene [s]does that name sound familiar? it’s a BellaSara horse name... I think those cropped up a lot in this story, and they look exactly the same too;;[/s] is born. For no actual reason, she has a Magic Smile that gave life to a dead forest that she was born in for-and this is a recurring theme in this book- no reason, gave curtains and windows to a treehouse that a deer lived in, and I’m sure will end up stopping the war/killing Thunderbolt. And that deer is one of the worst parts so far- she’s purple and pink [s]because evidently I thought normal colors were boring[/s] because of some silly permanent-paint accident, named Mistake, and she’s pretty boring- I think I wrote that she got mocked for that, or her name anyway. The thing is her FAWNS, named Mistaka and Miik. Their father is never mentioned, again, MISTAKA, and I switched between calling them Mis and Mi to Mistaka and Flag [s]which is so messy it looks like I wrote “hag”[/s]. The thing is their coloring- Mistaka is pink and Flag is red, white, and blue. Oh well, natural selection should remove their weird paint genes soon. ----- a sample of the first five paragraphs copied directly from the books, spelling mistakes and all. if u want to read more let me know. here: [quote]Eirene is white. Completely. A filly. A dove landed on her still body, flapping wildly. Eirene lifted her head. The dove continued flapping. Eirene didn’t know where she was. Trees surrounded her every side, except for a large white mare with a black nose. Bella. Each moment she savored. She tried her weak legs. Eirene stood for a single second, then fell. Eirene looked at Bella. Bella nosed her to her legs. She stood wobbleing for a minute or two, then fell down. Eirene smiled for a minute, in which in the dark forest the Sun came through, the roses (flowers) bloomed, and the rivers ran. The deer drank, a squrill ate nuts, and a peacock spread his tail. Bella looked surprised. Eirene sheilded her eyes from the sudden sunlight. The World smiled. Then Eirene stood up and leapt around and ran. She weaved around the trees, and returned to Bella, more surprised than ever. A Peacock ran by with his mate. Bella looked. Eirene stood, gazing at the wonders. In a minute, though, she ran and leapt through a meadow. Bella was amazed. Eirene’s belly growled. she leapt to Bella, little eyes begging. Bella let her. She couldn’t believe what Eirene had just done. The once-still river ran. The never-blooming flowers had bloomed. The still forest had exploded with life. [/quote] edit: fixed quotes
Selki wrote on 2017-04-10:

Never mind, I’m four chapters in. The Introduction is awful and written by an American Girl character, or is at least heavily based off of her- same first name and same friend’s name- and honestly, this story so far is NOTHING like that describes. Anyway, a summary of what’s happened so far-

basically, Eirene does that name sound familiar? it’s a BellaSara horse name... I think those cropped up a lot in this story, and they look exactly the same too;; is born. For no actual reason, she has a Magic Smile that gave life to a dead forest that she was born in for-and this is a recurring theme in this book- no reason, gave curtains and windows to a treehouse that a deer lived in, and I’m sure will end up stopping the war/killing Thunderbolt.

And that deer is one of the worst parts so far- she’s purple and pink because evidently I thought normal colors were boring because of some silly permanent-paint accident, named Mistake, and she’s pretty boring- I think I wrote that she got mocked for that, or her name anyway. The thing is her FAWNS, named Mistaka and Miik.

Their father is never mentioned, again, MISTAKA, and I switched between calling them Mis and Mi to Mistaka and Flag which is so messy it looks like I wrote “hag”. The thing is their coloring- Mistaka is pink and Flag is red, white, and blue. Oh well, natural selection should remove their weird paint genes soon.

a sample of the first five paragraphs copied directly from the books, spelling mistakes and all. if u want to read more let me know. here:
Quote:
Eirene is white. Completely. A filly. A dove landed on her still body, flapping wildly. Eirene lifted her head. The dove continued flapping. Eirene didn’t know where she was. Trees surrounded her every side, except for a large white mare with a black nose. Bella.

Each moment she savored. She tried her weak legs. Eirene stood for a single second, then fell. Eirene looked at Bella. Bella nosed her to her legs. She stood wobbleing for a minute or two, then fell down. Eirene smiled for a minute, in which in the dark forest the Sun came through, the roses (flowers) bloomed, and the rivers ran. The deer drank, a squrill ate nuts, and a peacock spread his tail.

Bella looked surprised. Eirene sheilded her eyes from the sudden sunlight. The World smiled. Then Eirene stood up and leapt around and ran. She weaved around the trees, and returned to Bella, more surprised than ever.

A Peacock ran by with his mate. Bella looked. Eirene stood, gazing at the wonders. In a minute, though, she ran and leapt through a meadow. Bella was amazed. Eirene’s belly growled. she leapt to Bella, little eyes begging. Bella let her. She couldn’t believe what Eirene had just done.

The once-still river ran. The never-blooming flowers had bloomed. The still forest had exploded with life.

edit: fixed quotes
When I was like 5 I wrote a story about my parents divorce, there were pictures and everything. I drew a picture of my stepmom driving away with my dad and me and my mom standing over to the side and I captioned it 'Abby takes daddy away from me and mommy'

Although it was sad that I wrote that as a kid- I look back and laugh my butt off xD
When I was like 5 I wrote a story about my parents divorce, there were pictures and everything. I drew a picture of my stepmom driving away with my dad and me and my mom standing over to the side and I captioned it 'Abby takes daddy away from me and mommy'

Although it was sad that I wrote that as a kid- I look back and laugh my butt off xD
tumblr_static_rsz_banner.png
HELP I JUST FOUND THIS

I CAN'T EVEN POST IT

I EVEN DECIDED(long time ago) THAT BIGGING IS PRONOUNCED 'Big-in-ing bigining

here's what it says (complete with spelling mistakes):

Chapter 1: The lonely bird

There is only one bird called Bigging.He was called that because of his littrelly big head.

"I dont want to be lonely!I want lonely to be strikethroughed!Like this!LONELY!"

-Bigging

Where does this lead to???

Dear Everyone,

I am starting a journey.To the Meto Jungle.Bigging

And then, to the side, it says:

(This is made by using paint so dont blame me for pictures!)
~[insert my full name here]

Apparently, I didn't know that full stops are like this: "I like fish. I also like chips." and not this: "I like fish.I also like chips."

More writing (a story called Stampy and the Magic porkchop):

(Watch out for the dogs!They are hiding also colouring in at end of book!)

At the Magic Animal Nursery...

squid and stampy told a myth.

THE MAGIC PORKCHOP!
(And others after that!)

"What is THAT?"

(never wrote past that.)

HELP I JUST FOUND THIS

I CAN'T EVEN POST IT

I EVEN DECIDED(long time ago) THAT BIGGING IS PRONOUNCED 'Big-in-ing bigining

here's what it says (complete with spelling mistakes):

Chapter 1: The lonely bird

There is only one bird called Bigging.He was called that because of his littrelly big head.

"I dont want to be lonely!I want lonely to be strikethroughed!Like this!LONELY!"

-Bigging

Where does this lead to???

Dear Everyone,

I am starting a journey.To the Meto Jungle.Bigging

And then, to the side, it says:

(This is made by using paint so dont blame me for pictures!)
~[insert my full name here]

Apparently, I didn't know that full stops are like this: "I like fish. I also like chips." and not this: "I like fish.I also like chips."

More writing (a story called Stampy and the Magic porkchop):

(Watch out for the dogs!They are hiding also colouring in at end of book!)

At the Magic Animal Nursery...

squid and stampy told a myth.

THE MAGIC PORKCHOP!
(And others after that!)

"What is THAT?"

(never wrote past that.)

Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
I wrote the first chapter of a story in my 'edgy' days and there are numerous plot points that make me go ?????!?
  • The parents of the main characters are called Sofia and Leonard. The children, however, are named "Leaf Blade", "Ember Sonic", and "Orlando Breeze" (whose name apparently becomes C.L. three sentences later???)
  • Sofia and Leonard had to give up the children for reasons I don't know. I guess they were too powerful.
  • All the characters wear robes and hoods.
  • One child got dropped off to a cool witch lady who lives in a 'gothic building'. Another child got dropped off to a castle. These would be ok if it was a fantasy story, but the last child is dropped off to what I call a "suburban home", making the era the story takes place in impossible to recognize.
  • The children had powers. Orlando "C.L." Breeze could see the future. Ember Sonic could get people to do whatever she wanted. But Leaf Blade has what I just called "celestial" and I never explained or wrote down what that was.
  • Apparently the children could never realize that they were related???

but yeah, this story was BAD
I wrote the first chapter of a story in my 'edgy' days and there are numerous plot points that make me go ?????!?
  • The parents of the main characters are called Sofia and Leonard. The children, however, are named "Leaf Blade", "Ember Sonic", and "Orlando Breeze" (whose name apparently becomes C.L. three sentences later???)
  • Sofia and Leonard had to give up the children for reasons I don't know. I guess they were too powerful.
  • All the characters wear robes and hoods.
  • One child got dropped off to a cool witch lady who lives in a 'gothic building'. Another child got dropped off to a castle. These would be ok if it was a fantasy story, but the last child is dropped off to what I call a "suburban home", making the era the story takes place in impossible to recognize.
  • The children had powers. Orlando "C.L." Breeze could see the future. Ember Sonic could get people to do whatever she wanted. But Leaf Blade has what I just called "celestial" and I never explained or wrote down what that was.
  • Apparently the children could never realize that they were related???

but yeah, this story was BAD
tumblr_n79qifkfMk1royuq2o1_500.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18