Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Emperor's New Clothes
1 2
I think it actually would be true to the original story because the dragon still isn't wearing any clothes. Since a dragon can be wearing the emperor's new clothes in addition to other clothing, that kind of negates the idea of the story anyways, whereas if it were an HD toggle, then the HD dragons can't wear any clothes (which might explan why they wouldn't want to keep it since people would eventually want sketchy dragons to have sketchy clothes). One way to be true to the story would be for it to render all other clothing invisible, since the whole point was that the emperor was actually naked.

A skin option wouldn't work without redoing the premise of a skin, since skins are supposed to remain true to the original lines/shadows. So if it were a skin it would need to essentially make the dragon totally white with a weirdly lined version of the sketch - so it would end up looking more like a tattoo of the sketch than an actual transformation.

Why is a clothing item so much better to keep from exalting a dragon than a familiar? It's the same number of clicks to add/remove, and with a familiar, you can get bonus treasure if you want to.

I agree with DragonSage and Lightning that another item would work too, I specifically mentioned Emperor's New Clothes because we have them already. There's also the fact that if it were a scroll, they would either need to come up with some lore to explain the delay in everyone getting one, or they wouldn't give one to everyone, which seems like it would break with the April Fool's tradition.
I think it actually would be true to the original story because the dragon still isn't wearing any clothes. Since a dragon can be wearing the emperor's new clothes in addition to other clothing, that kind of negates the idea of the story anyways, whereas if it were an HD toggle, then the HD dragons can't wear any clothes (which might explan why they wouldn't want to keep it since people would eventually want sketchy dragons to have sketchy clothes). One way to be true to the story would be for it to render all other clothing invisible, since the whole point was that the emperor was actually naked.

A skin option wouldn't work without redoing the premise of a skin, since skins are supposed to remain true to the original lines/shadows. So if it were a skin it would need to essentially make the dragon totally white with a weirdly lined version of the sketch - so it would end up looking more like a tattoo of the sketch than an actual transformation.

Why is a clothing item so much better to keep from exalting a dragon than a familiar? It's the same number of clicks to add/remove, and with a familiar, you can get bonus treasure if you want to.

I agree with DragonSage and Lightning that another item would work too, I specifically mentioned Emperor's New Clothes because we have them already. There's also the fact that if it were a scroll, they would either need to come up with some lore to explain the delay in everyone getting one, or they wouldn't give one to everyone, which seems like it would break with the April Fool's tradition.
@skatir

Because I can put the same piece of apparel on every single of my dragons.

Skins are limited by breed and gender, and familiars are limited to ONE of each kind per LAIR.

Familiars are pretty much only good to preserve a small number of hatchlings. Apparel is the superior option for anything that's an adult dragon

Really, we already broke the April's Fools tradition anyway. The Marva item isn't a transformable, so tradition already broken.
@skatir

Because I can put the same piece of apparel on every single of my dragons.

Skins are limited by breed and gender, and familiars are limited to ONE of each kind per LAIR.

Familiars are pretty much only good to preserve a small number of hatchlings. Apparel is the superior option for anything that's an adult dragon

Really, we already broke the April's Fools tradition anyway. The Marva item isn't a transformable, so tradition already broken.
@Skatir

for the scroll idea I was more thinking it would be something buyable so that people could choose which dragons they want to use it on and they could get multiples of it.

It could also act as a treasure sink/gem incentive if it needed to be bought (or perhaps even brewed or traded for in swipp)
@Skatir

for the scroll idea I was more thinking it would be something buyable so that people could choose which dragons they want to use it on and they could get multiples of it.

It could also act as a treasure sink/gem incentive if it needed to be bought (or perhaps even brewed or traded for in swipp)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Adding a new item at this point seems like it would be silly since it was in reference to a specific event. Of course, changing an existing item, especially making it where it behaves differently than other similar items is probably too much to ask for (though it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to just have it pull the dragon's colors, depending on how they're stored).

@Sopheroo
About the familiar thing - there are currently 528 familiars with new ones coming in relatively frequently and a cap of 200 dragons. I think it takes longer to amass the resources to expand the lair to 200 slots than it does to get 200 familiars, especially if one is willing to buy them in the Auction House, but maybe that's just me.
There's also the fact that as of now it's more expensive to buy the ENC than it is to buy a lot of familiars, and the price is likely to increase unless they make it available through chests.

@Jemadar
Buyable would definitely be nice, but it still seems like everyone should automatically get one. An event-specific crafting probably would've made the most sense. Maybe next year.
Adding a new item at this point seems like it would be silly since it was in reference to a specific event. Of course, changing an existing item, especially making it where it behaves differently than other similar items is probably too much to ask for (though it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to just have it pull the dragon's colors, depending on how they're stored).

@Sopheroo
About the familiar thing - there are currently 528 familiars with new ones coming in relatively frequently and a cap of 200 dragons. I think it takes longer to amass the resources to expand the lair to 200 slots than it does to get 200 familiars, especially if one is willing to buy them in the Auction House, but maybe that's just me.
There's also the fact that as of now it's more expensive to buy the ENC than it is to buy a lot of familiars, and the price is likely to increase unless they make it available through chests.

@Jemadar
Buyable would definitely be nice, but it still seems like everyone should automatically get one. An event-specific crafting probably would've made the most sense. Maybe next year.
@skatir

Familiars are not an option for everyone, and they're not an option for me. I don't want to have 294920 different familiars. I like unity in my lair, as you can see.

The familiar system we have is far too restrictive, and doesn't encourage creative freedom. It doesn't help that a lot of familiars are too humanoid, have outdated art or just don't fit in my lore.

If the familiar system actually become as fluid as the apparel system, it's going to be an option. Right now, it's not an option for large quantities of dragons.
@skatir

Familiars are not an option for everyone, and they're not an option for me. I don't want to have 294920 different familiars. I like unity in my lair, as you can see.

The familiar system we have is far too restrictive, and doesn't encourage creative freedom. It doesn't help that a lot of familiars are too humanoid, have outdated art or just don't fit in my lore.

If the familiar system actually become as fluid as the apparel system, it's going to be an option. Right now, it's not an option for large quantities of dragons.
I would rather this not happen. I definitely would want to keep an invisible apparel item, because it finally allows me to prevent Hiroka from showing up as saleable without giving him any real apparel or familiars.
I would rather this not happen. I definitely would want to keep an invisible apparel item, because it finally allows me to prevent Hiroka from showing up as saleable without giving him any real apparel or familiars.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
Sorry, no support. I love the reference to the fable the Emperor's New Clothes apparel represents.
Sorry, no support. I love the reference to the fable the Emperor's New Clothes apparel represents.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
No support, because I've actually seen people suggesting an invisible apparel item for a long time. I'm glad they finally got what they wanted, AND it was a reference to a fable that I happen to quite like, personally.

But I'd support a different way to be able to see our dragons in their 'HD' forms. Maybe there could be an area of the site like the scrying workshop where you could put a dragon's id in, and see what it would look like in ever-so-glorious HD? Though that wouldn't make them appear in your lair that way, so idk.
No support, because I've actually seen people suggesting an invisible apparel item for a long time. I'm glad they finally got what they wanted, AND it was a reference to a fable that I happen to quite like, personally.

But I'd support a different way to be able to see our dragons in their 'HD' forms. Maybe there could be an area of the site like the scrying workshop where you could put a dragon's id in, and see what it would look like in ever-so-glorious HD? Though that wouldn't make them appear in your lair that way, so idk.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-04-02 14:47:31] Absolutely no support for changing Emperor's New Clothes. People have asked for a safeguard against exaltation, something invisible, yet would prevent users to put dragons in CR, AH or downright exalting them. This is useful with traveling dragons, namely, or dragons borrowed for nesting projects. Emperor's New Clothes are this safeguard. [/quote] I honestly never thought of that....
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-04-02:
Absolutely no support for changing Emperor's New Clothes.

People have asked for a safeguard against exaltation, something invisible, yet would prevent users to put dragons in CR, AH or downright exalting them.

This is useful with traveling dragons, namely, or dragons borrowed for nesting projects.

Emperor's New Clothes are this safeguard.
I honestly never thought of that....
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
1 2