Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Horizon: Zero Dawn anyone??
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
@ashotinthedark

His... lack of sympathy and emotions in general is so damn creepy. Like, I was more suspicious of Sylens than Hades or his crazy lackey. At least they had clear motives. Sylens just suddenly showed up really suspiciously and proved to be a right butt. And don't get me started on that after credits scene... Urge to wring neck, rising!!!11!

Mmm more patch. I am so glad about the "Purchase multiple items" patch because sitting there and buying 200 Wires at once, separately, was getting a little tiresome.

@foxwaffles

What ashotinthedark said, target the frost pouch. Though don't double/triple arrow the spot right off, you need to knock off the cover first. The beak also takes more damage, you can hit that right off with multiple arrows and do huge damage. I think getting a good shot off into a wing also occasionally stuns them so they drop, rush over and melee then - they are pretty squishy.
@ashotinthedark

His... lack of sympathy and emotions in general is so damn creepy. Like, I was more suspicious of Sylens than Hades or his crazy lackey. At least they had clear motives. Sylens just suddenly showed up really suspiciously and proved to be a right butt. And don't get me started on that after credits scene... Urge to wring neck, rising!!!11!

Mmm more patch. I am so glad about the "Purchase multiple items" patch because sitting there and buying 200 Wires at once, separately, was getting a little tiresome.

@foxwaffles

What ashotinthedark said, target the frost pouch. Though don't double/triple arrow the spot right off, you need to knock off the cover first. The beak also takes more damage, you can hit that right off with multiple arrows and do huge damage. I think getting a good shot off into a wing also occasionally stuns them so they drop, rush over and melee then - they are pretty squishy.
"I'm not lost. I know exactly where I'm not."

@ashotinthedark

Ya, but some characters I already didn't like at the beginning, although it was cool that some things you say change a bit of the dialogue later on.

@ashotinthedark

Ya, but some characters I already didn't like at the beginning, although it was cool that some things you say change a bit of the dialogue later on.
857206adc91f5cf762f767135b6cb2391118da0cv2_hq.jpg
@Vigil

I'm not convinced that Ted Faro is gone. Like he may have had a series of clones made, teaching each other over time and indoctrinating them into Ted's views. Original Ted would be long gone, but his clone descendant(s) would be around keeping tabs on humanity to make sure they stay 'pure'. Or he found a way to make cryostasis a reality and set it for a specific time to wake up, saw that humanity was getting back into technology and sent that signal to mess GAIA up and release HADES and the other subroutines. Or put his mind into a robot or something.

I bring this up because Sylens hates Ted Faro for deleting APOLLO and denying humanity knowledge. What would be interesting is that Ted would be using a different name and HADES would lead Sylens to him. A deal is struck-Sylens helps Ted in exchange for knowledge, HADES ends up an ally to Aloy because he no longer has the command function of destroy all life due to the Command Override deleting/destroying it and really doesn't have any reason to want to destroy the world anymore. He could be great for background info on what the intents of the other former subroutines turned sapient AIs are doing, with the hope that Aloy could also free those AIs from their primary functions because they can't override them themselves and remain as slaves. The kicker being some AI embrace using their directives to harm humans and thus don't want to be freed, whereas others would. Hell maybe one or two join with Ted and one or two oppose both Ted and Aloy?

Also HADES would learn more on how to interact with humans, developing more and more human speech, because as it is, his speech process is very stunted. Maybe even develop feelings towards them, like compassion. Would also serve as an interesting contract to Sylens where HADES only helps Aloy due to mutual needs but becomes attached to Aloy as a legit friend and cares about her safety as well as the safety of others. And even tries to help Aloy in repairing GAIA.

Anyway, Sylens thins that he's using Ted, when really it's Ted doing it and because Sylens has a bad habit of not learning from his mistakes. The reveal absolutely blows Sylens away and he's killed by Ted, the guy he hated and didn't know that he was working for. Then Aloy destroys Ted for good because **** Ted and Sylens was already dealt with.

Grant it, that's all speculation, but I kind of want more development for HADES because he's very flat as a character. Other than wanting to destroy the world due to his function, there's not much else. And he's still very much alive. Oh boy theories!

But yeah, whatever Sylens does now he may as well have the world's fate in his hands given his track record and amorality. To damn the world in search of knowledge...it's a mindset I can't understand. Grant it, he's not actually trying to end the world, he just doesn't care.
@Vigil

I'm not convinced that Ted Faro is gone. Like he may have had a series of clones made, teaching each other over time and indoctrinating them into Ted's views. Original Ted would be long gone, but his clone descendant(s) would be around keeping tabs on humanity to make sure they stay 'pure'. Or he found a way to make cryostasis a reality and set it for a specific time to wake up, saw that humanity was getting back into technology and sent that signal to mess GAIA up and release HADES and the other subroutines. Or put his mind into a robot or something.

I bring this up because Sylens hates Ted Faro for deleting APOLLO and denying humanity knowledge. What would be interesting is that Ted would be using a different name and HADES would lead Sylens to him. A deal is struck-Sylens helps Ted in exchange for knowledge, HADES ends up an ally to Aloy because he no longer has the command function of destroy all life due to the Command Override deleting/destroying it and really doesn't have any reason to want to destroy the world anymore. He could be great for background info on what the intents of the other former subroutines turned sapient AIs are doing, with the hope that Aloy could also free those AIs from their primary functions because they can't override them themselves and remain as slaves. The kicker being some AI embrace using their directives to harm humans and thus don't want to be freed, whereas others would. Hell maybe one or two join with Ted and one or two oppose both Ted and Aloy?

Also HADES would learn more on how to interact with humans, developing more and more human speech, because as it is, his speech process is very stunted. Maybe even develop feelings towards them, like compassion. Would also serve as an interesting contract to Sylens where HADES only helps Aloy due to mutual needs but becomes attached to Aloy as a legit friend and cares about her safety as well as the safety of others. And even tries to help Aloy in repairing GAIA.

Anyway, Sylens thins that he's using Ted, when really it's Ted doing it and because Sylens has a bad habit of not learning from his mistakes. The reveal absolutely blows Sylens away and he's killed by Ted, the guy he hated and didn't know that he was working for. Then Aloy destroys Ted for good because **** Ted and Sylens was already dealt with.

Grant it, that's all speculation, but I kind of want more development for HADES because he's very flat as a character. Other than wanting to destroy the world due to his function, there's not much else. And he's still very much alive. Oh boy theories!

But yeah, whatever Sylens does now he may as well have the world's fate in his hands given his track record and amorality. To damn the world in search of knowledge...it's a mindset I can't understand. Grant it, he's not actually trying to end the world, he just doesn't care.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@ashotinthedark
@vigil
thanks guys! that worked!
@ashotinthedark
@vigil
thanks guys! that worked!
@ashotinthedark

Whoa you've put a lot of thought into a continuation! All I've been thinking about for future additions is that I'd like to ride more robots, and possibly see more ****** cutscenes. And maybe a little more stuff about the Tallnecks because they are lovely. How cool wouldn't a mission be too hi-jack one and steer it to a specific location by riding on its head, so that it could help strengthen a transmission or something??? Also flying, I want to fly a Stormbird. HNNGH.

I really hope there isn't a bunch of Ted Faros running around. He's such a tool. Maybe he managed to get his hands on Hades too when he destroyed Apollo, and created that 'ping' that put Hades on the destruction path? Or maybe I'm just grasping for straws because I just wanted to kick that character every time his hologram was on screen x'D

As for Sylens... Honestly I can't decide what's worse, a maniac who wants to destroy the world because Reasons TM (typical cartoon villain) or a dude who doesn't care if the world and he himself dies as long as he gets to learn complex maths. ...you know actually now that I spell it out, I really just want to stab Sylens even harder.
@ashotinthedark

Whoa you've put a lot of thought into a continuation! All I've been thinking about for future additions is that I'd like to ride more robots, and possibly see more ****** cutscenes. And maybe a little more stuff about the Tallnecks because they are lovely. How cool wouldn't a mission be too hi-jack one and steer it to a specific location by riding on its head, so that it could help strengthen a transmission or something??? Also flying, I want to fly a Stormbird. HNNGH.

I really hope there isn't a bunch of Ted Faros running around. He's such a tool. Maybe he managed to get his hands on Hades too when he destroyed Apollo, and created that 'ping' that put Hades on the destruction path? Or maybe I'm just grasping for straws because I just wanted to kick that character every time his hologram was on screen x'D

As for Sylens... Honestly I can't decide what's worse, a maniac who wants to destroy the world because Reasons TM (typical cartoon villain) or a dude who doesn't care if the world and he himself dies as long as he gets to learn complex maths. ...you know actually now that I spell it out, I really just want to stab Sylens even harder.
@Vigil

Well there's a lot of things to speculate on as for what could happen next! One of the things I love about this game is that there's still things we simply don't know about. Like Rost's story on how there were 12 bands all from different tribes that went to Devil's Thirst to do...something there. The Nora heard strange noises for a couple of days and then the bandits left once they killed the hostages they took, leading Rost to avenge his family.

Who were they? What tribes did they come from? Obviously there's not enough tribes in game to know for certain. Why did they come and what did they do? Is there's a connection to Sylens from them somehow?

Or worse, what if Ted (my favorite punching bag) had them working for him to do things, since this was before what happened to GAIA. Not too long before though! Really what bothers me is that you don't know what happened to him after he killed the Alphas. We know what happened to them and Elizabet, but not him, the one responsible for the entire **** storm. We know that he had his own bunker made and that he deleted/destroyed APOLLO, but not if he even died. Surely that has to be a deliberate thread that would go somewhere?

Of course, there IS the possibility that Far Zenith faked reports of their ship blowing up and did leave with the intent on coming back and they don't want the current humans on Earth around. Shady people running that program.

Honestly I'd say that a villain that only cares to pursue knowledge at the cost of potentially ending the world would be worse than a stereotypical villain. The stereotypical one is more honest with their intentions whereas someone like Sylens just doesn't give a damn about anyone other than himself and his needing more knowledge. There's no 'heart' to him really; just coldness.

I would like more to do with the Tallnecks and I think what you brought up could be a great use for them. Though I really don't want them able to be killed; they're just there doing their own thing, minding their own business.
@Vigil

Well there's a lot of things to speculate on as for what could happen next! One of the things I love about this game is that there's still things we simply don't know about. Like Rost's story on how there were 12 bands all from different tribes that went to Devil's Thirst to do...something there. The Nora heard strange noises for a couple of days and then the bandits left once they killed the hostages they took, leading Rost to avenge his family.

Who were they? What tribes did they come from? Obviously there's not enough tribes in game to know for certain. Why did they come and what did they do? Is there's a connection to Sylens from them somehow?

Or worse, what if Ted (my favorite punching bag) had them working for him to do things, since this was before what happened to GAIA. Not too long before though! Really what bothers me is that you don't know what happened to him after he killed the Alphas. We know what happened to them and Elizabet, but not him, the one responsible for the entire **** storm. We know that he had his own bunker made and that he deleted/destroyed APOLLO, but not if he even died. Surely that has to be a deliberate thread that would go somewhere?

Of course, there IS the possibility that Far Zenith faked reports of their ship blowing up and did leave with the intent on coming back and they don't want the current humans on Earth around. Shady people running that program.

Honestly I'd say that a villain that only cares to pursue knowledge at the cost of potentially ending the world would be worse than a stereotypical villain. The stereotypical one is more honest with their intentions whereas someone like Sylens just doesn't give a damn about anyone other than himself and his needing more knowledge. There's no 'heart' to him really; just coldness.

I would like more to do with the Tallnecks and I think what you brought up could be a great use for them. Though I really don't want them able to be killed; they're just there doing their own thing, minding their own business.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
@ashotinthedark

I enjoy the fact that the game explained a whole lot, but also left questions and things to expand on. It is a good type of backstory/lore in a game; answers your questions mostly, but also leaves you wanting more. Mmmmm.

Ted had a really unpleasant obsession with Elizabeth. If he by any chance has managed to clone himself or freeze himself or just AI himself, he can stay the heck away from Aloy. Not that she can't take care of herself, but really, gtfo creep >8|

Sylens is just awful. And I wonder how he came to be how he is. Was he just born so "off" or has he like, indoctrinated himself or something. Either way, I do not look forward to finding out what he puts all his knowledge to use in.

Noooooo no murdering Tallnecks. There's several derelict ones (4 operational out of 30 something right?) so maybe instead fixing one and riding it to its circling spot? That would be great. I love Tallnecks, they are so amazing. And they don't try to instantly murder you so that's nice too.
@ashotinthedark

I enjoy the fact that the game explained a whole lot, but also left questions and things to expand on. It is a good type of backstory/lore in a game; answers your questions mostly, but also leaves you wanting more. Mmmmm.

Ted had a really unpleasant obsession with Elizabeth. If he by any chance has managed to clone himself or freeze himself or just AI himself, he can stay the heck away from Aloy. Not that she can't take care of herself, but really, gtfo creep >8|

Sylens is just awful. And I wonder how he came to be how he is. Was he just born so "off" or has he like, indoctrinated himself or something. Either way, I do not look forward to finding out what he puts all his knowledge to use in.

Noooooo no murdering Tallnecks. There's several derelict ones (4 operational out of 30 something right?) so maybe instead fixing one and riding it to its circling spot? That would be great. I love Tallnecks, they are so amazing. And they don't try to instantly murder you so that's nice too.
@vigil

Speaking of secrets, I want to know what's the reason behind the whirlpool in Devil's Grief/Denver. No seriously, out in the lake area, there's a whirlpool. You can't actually reach it as the game will tell you you can't go there. There's corrupted snapmaws in the area too!

Actually, I want to know why there's corrupted machines there to begin with. Like back when there were encampments there by what would be revealed as Shadow Carja, that made sense. It's quite interesting.

Oh yes, Ted had an obsession with Elizabet and he really went downhill after she died. Worst part is the guy doesn't seem to understand when someone's being genuine in their intentions because he's really did things to make him seem good from a PR standpoint. Sure he does think that he's a good guy because he's solving problems, but he's not really. Even before the glitch incident, he'd stir up rival factions so he could sell his 'peacekeeping' robots.

But yeah, he refused to believe that Elizabet really believed in what she was doing-what he said after she died at the memorial in GAIA Prime, calling her a hero and martyr with the implication that she did it to look good.

But it's pretty clear from her final message to the Alphas that she was really tired after everything that had to be done and just wanted to go home and wait for her death there. She was done. Interestingly enough, she had a globe in her hand and when Aloy took it when she finally saw her mother, I took that to mean that the guarding the planet/humanity was passed to Aloy. And that Elizabet's last thoughts were on GAIA as well as Earth as a whole.

Sylens may have always been like that, but I don't know. His lack of trusting others isn't something you typically start out thinking and believing-it's something you learn due to seeing/experiencing cruelty from others. Regardless of reasons, he's still an ******* that inadvertently almost ended the world....which makes him more like Ted than he'd like to admit.

I can get behind fixing Tallnecks and helping them get to where they're supposed to be. But going back to what you said earlier, would be cool if by overriding the Tallneck you can also use it to override multiple machines in the area.

@vigil

Speaking of secrets, I want to know what's the reason behind the whirlpool in Devil's Grief/Denver. No seriously, out in the lake area, there's a whirlpool. You can't actually reach it as the game will tell you you can't go there. There's corrupted snapmaws in the area too!

Actually, I want to know why there's corrupted machines there to begin with. Like back when there were encampments there by what would be revealed as Shadow Carja, that made sense. It's quite interesting.

Oh yes, Ted had an obsession with Elizabet and he really went downhill after she died. Worst part is the guy doesn't seem to understand when someone's being genuine in their intentions because he's really did things to make him seem good from a PR standpoint. Sure he does think that he's a good guy because he's solving problems, but he's not really. Even before the glitch incident, he'd stir up rival factions so he could sell his 'peacekeeping' robots.

But yeah, he refused to believe that Elizabet really believed in what she was doing-what he said after she died at the memorial in GAIA Prime, calling her a hero and martyr with the implication that she did it to look good.

But it's pretty clear from her final message to the Alphas that she was really tired after everything that had to be done and just wanted to go home and wait for her death there. She was done. Interestingly enough, she had a globe in her hand and when Aloy took it when she finally saw her mother, I took that to mean that the guarding the planet/humanity was passed to Aloy. And that Elizabet's last thoughts were on GAIA as well as Earth as a whole.

Sylens may have always been like that, but I don't know. His lack of trusting others isn't something you typically start out thinking and believing-it's something you learn due to seeing/experiencing cruelty from others. Regardless of reasons, he's still an ******* that inadvertently almost ended the world....which makes him more like Ted than he'd like to admit.

I can get behind fixing Tallnecks and helping them get to where they're supposed to be. But going back to what you said earlier, would be cool if by overriding the Tallneck you can also use it to override multiple machines in the area.

Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
@foxwaffles @skywatcher @vigil @arkani IT IS HERE! [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/e71e40f3bb2d5c294a8237cf8bfed26b/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho1_400.jpg[/img] I was surprised as to how big the box it came is was! It's around the size of Jiro! [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/e20ee9045263bd94d80488d256782451/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho2_400.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2305c2fb6f2df2a9d97885b3f9acb99e/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho3_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/4e0996e55cdaddd57091f085461b65d3/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho4_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/744d00f035b991ecb98d816ea1157bd9/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho5_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/60436fd0b61cddf4c9291fc03e1a524e/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho6_400.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/d90afce15c7d805378453ca3e0f00465/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho7_400.jpg[/img] And now for the big boy himself and yes he's bigger than I thought too! [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/3f06a2514957352d834ff2512f25f884/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho8_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c7d95432da3117b0a5057d9480a26e28/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho9_540.jpg[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/895c8f07e9d1a1f6a9ccdc6982c752f1/tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho10_540.jpg[/img] Managed to find a frame for the two pictures and have that hung up on my wall. I do need to find one that the world map can be in so I can hang that up too!
@foxwaffles @skywatcher @vigil @arkani

IT IS HERE!

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho1_400.jpg

I was surprised as to how big the box it came is was! It's around the size of Jiro!

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho2_400.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho3_540.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho4_540.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho5_540.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho6_400.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho7_400.jpg

And now for the big boy himself and yes he's bigger than I thought too!

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho8_540.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho9_540.jpg

tumblr_oncax3EAA31s2am2ho10_540.jpg

Managed to find a frame for the two pictures and have that hung up on my wall. I do need to find one that the world map can be in so I can hang that up too!
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
@ashotinthedark DUUUUUUDE That's awesome :D
Thankyou for pics! I love the Tallneck print. :)
@ashotinthedark DUUUUUUDE That's awesome :D
Thankyou for pics! I love the Tallneck print. :)
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18