Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [ ? ] Anyone here enjoy programming?
1 2
@Eyeoffcenter;

I'll definitely try Codecademy if I have time! I'd love to look into Python, but I didn't really know of a good place to start. As far as your Python knowledge goes, are you completely self taught using that site?

Ah, that's good. No one has complained about the previous color before until now, so I figured it was alright. It was a "light steel blue" supposedly. Haha. But I know what you mean, I use a few PCs with monitors that can't seem to differentiate between multiple dark colors (i.e there is little to no difference between dark blue, dark green, and dark red).
@Eyeoffcenter;

I'll definitely try Codecademy if I have time! I'd love to look into Python, but I didn't really know of a good place to start. As far as your Python knowledge goes, are you completely self taught using that site?

Ah, that's good. No one has complained about the previous color before until now, so I figured it was alright. It was a "light steel blue" supposedly. Haha. But I know what you mean, I use a few PCs with monitors that can't seem to differentiate between multiple dark colors (i.e there is little to no difference between dark blue, dark green, and dark red).
gif_256x100_9c6446_zps629f60df.gif
Soon going to be a web design major, with some HTML and Java in my tool belt!

System.out.prinln("Hello fellow computer lovers!");
Soon going to be a web design major, with some HTML and Java in my tool belt!

System.out.prinln("Hello fellow computer lovers!");
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@Dean: I am completely self taught, but I only recently (within the last several months) got into that site. I first started learning python in order to program with Ren'Py, a visual novel engine. Ren'Py itself does have a few unique functions, but when I started Codecademy, some of what I learned was review. I have learned a lot of new stuff with it, however, and can vouch for its quality as a learning tool.
@Dean: I am completely self taught, but I only recently (within the last several months) got into that site. I first started learning python in order to program with Ren'Py, a visual novel engine. Ren'Py itself does have a few unique functions, but when I started Codecademy, some of what I learned was review. I have learned a lot of new stuff with it, however, and can vouch for its quality as a learning tool.
@Dean Oh you didn't ping me XD Yes, that is much better. Our screens are most likely different. You can apply programming techniques with website languages like comments and indentations. I think it's works for much younger kids to start with HTML since it is visual. However, computer science education is lacking greatly in the American school systems.
@Dean Oh you didn't ping me XD Yes, that is much better. Our screens are most likely different. You can apply programming techniques with website languages like comments and indentations. I think it's works for much younger kids to start with HTML since it is visual. However, computer science education is lacking greatly in the American school systems.
fortrade.png1584781.png1584778.png
I got into programming when I was nine or ten. I know HTML, JS, and a little bit each of Python and CSS. I haven't had the time to learn more languages, which sucks. I'm still looking into Java but I can't find any good resources.
That being said, what languages would I have to know in order to build a petsite like this? I'm guessing PHP and SQL are involved.
I got into programming when I was nine or ten. I know HTML, JS, and a little bit each of Python and CSS. I haven't had the time to learn more languages, which sucks. I'm still looking into Java but I can't find any good resources.
That being said, what languages would I have to know in order to build a petsite like this? I'm guessing PHP and SQL are involved.
@Eyeoffcenter; That's neat! I'll definitely look into the site. Thanks for sharing. C:

@Noctilucent; Geez. I'm messing up everything. XD It must be my finals and lack of sleep finally catching up to me. But I agree with both statements.

@Mistwalker; I haven't really seen many Java resources online. I have classes I can take at my college, but that's about it. I'll probably continue to look around online, however. I believe Eyeoffcenter posted a website on the first page called "Codeacademey" that helps with PHP, CSS, Python, Ruby, and a few more, if that is any help.
@Eyeoffcenter; That's neat! I'll definitely look into the site. Thanks for sharing. C:

@Noctilucent; Geez. I'm messing up everything. XD It must be my finals and lack of sleep finally catching up to me. But I agree with both statements.

@Mistwalker; I haven't really seen many Java resources online. I have classes I can take at my college, but that's about it. I'll probably continue to look around online, however. I believe Eyeoffcenter posted a website on the first page called "Codeacademey" that helps with PHP, CSS, Python, Ruby, and a few more, if that is any help.
gif_256x100_9c6446_zps629f60df.gif
I'm learning python and VB (ugh :P) at school, and self-teaching myself C++

I wanted to learn a language for ages, but never really knew where to start. So now I've ended up learning three. Oops.
I'm learning python and VB (ugh :P) at school, and self-teaching myself C++

I wanted to learn a language for ages, but never really knew where to start. So now I've ended up learning three. Oops.
__________ ___________________ _|_CATEGORY 4 HATCHERY
1 2