Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How Do I Use Secondary Abilities?
I am afraid this is something of a very basic question--I haven't played any battling games since Neopets back in the early 2000s.

I have numerous dragons with secondary abilities, e.g. my Bogsneak has the secondary ability "Shred" in the Coliseum, but when I click on these, I am shown a blank image and a button labeled "Cancel." A small image related to the secondary ability will show up above my dragon's fight bar afterwards. However, nobody is able to Contuse or Shred or anything other than Anticipate.

I have made sure to increase the dragon's Breath (or what have you) before clicking on these abilities.

If it helps, I am using Google Chrome--is there a better browser for Coliseum use?

Thank you so much for any assistance or tips! I have tried the wiki and that has not been very much help.
I am afraid this is something of a very basic question--I haven't played any battling games since Neopets back in the early 2000s.

I have numerous dragons with secondary abilities, e.g. my Bogsneak has the secondary ability "Shred" in the Coliseum, but when I click on these, I am shown a blank image and a button labeled "Cancel." A small image related to the secondary ability will show up above my dragon's fight bar afterwards. However, nobody is able to Contuse or Shred or anything other than Anticipate.

I have made sure to increase the dragon's Breath (or what have you) before clicking on these abilities.

If it helps, I am using Google Chrome--is there a better browser for Coliseum use?

Thank you so much for any assistance or tips! I have tried the wiki and that has not been very much help.
@marcieknits

Well you need to select a target for every ability that isn'tset to act on the dragon that used it. To do that just click on an enemy if it is an attack or on a dragon if it is a support move.
@marcieknits

Well you need to select a target for every ability that isn'tset to act on the dragon that used it. To do that just click on an enemy if it is an attack or on a dragon if it is a support move.
@marcieknits
Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. :)

When you click an ability, the 'cancel' will indeed appear. The thing you do to get it to 'work', is clicking a target. If it's a damaging ability (like shred), you will have to click an enemy. If it's a different kind of ability (like a healing ability), you have to click a dragon in your party.

Hope that helped, let me know if you have more questions!
@marcieknits
Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. :)

When you click an ability, the 'cancel' will indeed appear. The thing you do to get it to 'work', is clicking a target. If it's a damaging ability (like shred), you will have to click an enemy. If it's a different kind of ability (like a healing ability), you have to click a dragon in your party.

Hope that helped, let me know if you have more questions!
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
Oh! Ok! That makes so much more sense now. Thank you so much, @Ismaiel!
Oh! Ok! That makes so much more sense now. Thank you so much, @Ismaiel!
Thank you so much, @Foxofwonders! I look forward to actually being able to fight in the Coliseum now!
Thank you so much, @Foxofwonders! I look forward to actually being able to fight in the Coliseum now!
@marcieknits
No problem (even if it looks like someone posted the solution while I was still typing- oops)! :D

Have fun training your dragons into a nice, strong team! ^^
@marcieknits
No problem (even if it looks like someone posted the solution while I was still typing- oops)! :D

Have fun training your dragons into a nice, strong team! ^^
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png