Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | ★ SkyStorm Food Drive (Free Food)★
@SkyLark34
OOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I just found it on accident, and I thought it was soooo cute!!!
That was ADORABLE!! (flails around) :D that just added to lighting up my day!!!!
Oh, I will keep him forever, that note attached is just precious!
You have no idea how much I loved that and how that just additionally lit up my day!! :)
I especially LOVED the part where you explained the other dragons! (particularly my baby skydancer)
THANK YOU!! :,D
@SkyLark34
OOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I just found it on accident, and I thought it was soooo cute!!!
That was ADORABLE!! (flails around) :D that just added to lighting up my day!!!!
Oh, I will keep him forever, that note attached is just precious!
You have no idea how much I loved that and how that just additionally lit up my day!! :)
I especially LOVED the part where you explained the other dragons! (particularly my baby skydancer)
THANK YOU!! :,D
@Skylark34 Glad I was able to help you. :D As for prizes, I honestly don't need any dragons - I'd love to have either familiar or one of the battle stone packs. (I'm sixth, and three people have already chosen, so three of my preferences should suffice). Thanks for organizing this raffle, it was very well done.
@Skylark34 Glad I was able to help you. :D As for prizes, I honestly don't need any dragons - I'd love to have either familiar or one of the battle stone packs. (I'm sixth, and three people have already chosen, so three of my preferences should suffice). Thanks for organizing this raffle, it was very well done.
@JinxFlux waah thank you so much ;v; when I read your message today before school i was very relieved that it wasn't such a big deal that I snatched from under your nose a dragon you would have liked to have *o* He's my first full shiny so I'm very happy to have him!

A food exchange thread sounds like a great idea though. Like, I'm literally drowning in meat, but I never have enough of plants and bugs qwq'

@SkyLark34 eh? ;m; what's with Icestorm? He/she looked like they disappeared for a while, so something did happen? I hope nothing too serious
I think if the new round's prizes can be added somehow to the first page, then perhaps it'd be best to stick to this thread? and about the sheet, maybe making a new page in it would work? hmmmm quq'

maybe someone should hold it? ouo oh wait!! I have an idea! We could use the same thing the Nature flight has! A sort of bank system *u* Pretty much you send the donated food to someone, and they'll send it back to you and you leave the items unopened in the message until it'll be needed. People have stopped asking for food for now, right? Or are they still asking? If not then this works well, if yes then it could be broken up into several messages perhaps? So you could take each time how much is needed for one person, leaving the rest unopened. I hope this doesn't sound confusing?
I was thinking making a sort of "advertising" thread in these raffles forum by a name of food giveaway or something so that people wouldn't get confusing by this thread's title. I mean they must be thinking free food is being raffled in this thread, not just given away uwu' That's why maybe making a new thread with a very specific different name would attract a lot more attention? People adore to get free stuff after all

Thank you ♡ and oh I see what these notes you mentioned are /goes to read. \*u*/
And don't feel silly for them it's a nice thing to do *0*
@JinxFlux waah thank you so much ;v; when I read your message today before school i was very relieved that it wasn't such a big deal that I snatched from under your nose a dragon you would have liked to have *o* He's my first full shiny so I'm very happy to have him!

A food exchange thread sounds like a great idea though. Like, I'm literally drowning in meat, but I never have enough of plants and bugs qwq'

@SkyLark34 eh? ;m; what's with Icestorm? He/she looked like they disappeared for a while, so something did happen? I hope nothing too serious
I think if the new round's prizes can be added somehow to the first page, then perhaps it'd be best to stick to this thread? and about the sheet, maybe making a new page in it would work? hmmmm quq'

maybe someone should hold it? ouo oh wait!! I have an idea! We could use the same thing the Nature flight has! A sort of bank system *u* Pretty much you send the donated food to someone, and they'll send it back to you and you leave the items unopened in the message until it'll be needed. People have stopped asking for food for now, right? Or are they still asking? If not then this works well, if yes then it could be broken up into several messages perhaps? So you could take each time how much is needed for one person, leaving the rest unopened. I hope this doesn't sound confusing?
I was thinking making a sort of "advertising" thread in these raffles forum by a name of food giveaway or something so that people wouldn't get confusing by this thread's title. I mean they must be thinking free food is being raffled in this thread, not just given away uwu' That's why maybe making a new thread with a very specific different name would attract a lot more attention? People adore to get free stuff after all

Thank you ♡ and oh I see what these notes you mentioned are /goes to read. \*u*/
And don't feel silly for them it's a nice thing to do *0*
CAiwzvK.png
@Olysea
Yay, first full shinys! :D I'm glad you have him then! :3
@Olysea
Yay, first full shinys! :D I'm glad you have him then! :3
tumblr_ncso1gTwpX1taslvjo2_250.png AMHq4NM.png forumone.gif
How about banners volunteers can put in their footer/signature to advertize the thread?

And maybe some of us can volunteer to take turns helping as assistant 'hosts", that way no one gets burnout from setting up and running every two weeks. I like Olysea's idea with the message bank. I'd be a lot less likely to hit delete all than I would "convert all' in a sleepy moment. :)
How about banners volunteers can put in their footer/signature to advertize the thread?

And maybe some of us can volunteer to take turns helping as assistant 'hosts", that way no one gets burnout from setting up and running every two weeks. I like Olysea's idea with the message bank. I'd be a lot less likely to hit delete all than I would "convert all' in a sleepy moment. :)
@JinxFlux
Thank you for being so gracious about your preferred prize being taken! .u. Lots of niceness in this thread~ ).u.( You're very right though, the raffle thread does move fast and is quickly becoming cluttered. Advertising in other forums may very well be a good idea! And I'm sorry if I missed it, but have you published your alternative price preferences?

Also, if shiny tomato noodles' mom ever has another child that looks like him, I'll be sure to send him/her to you :D I've got far too many noodles dropping about 200 insects a day - I'll be needing the services of my own food drive next! XD

@Olysea
First full shiny! .w. Congratulations! Now just hope you don't get addicted like I did whee Icestorm has been feeling a little under the weather these couple days, but she is fine now and - I'm sure - very grateful for your concern! cx

Yeah, generally everyone wanted Round 2 to be on the same thread, so on the same thread it will be! Only problem is we can't take down the prizes and start round 2 before everyone picks their prize, and we're currently stuck at number 4 uvu I suppose I wouldn't mind a bit of time to rest though.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand the bit about the bank? People have stopped asking for food for the time being, unfortunately, though, so that won't be a problem...?

And I have tried leaving the food in the messages, but with all the pms and auctionhouse messages, they quickly get lost in the confusing user interface that is the FlightRising inbox.

I'm so glad you liked the note though! T'is really encouraging - in fact, I'm trying to set up a post for next round prizes right now! It's a little harder since we're doing reserves now too, but I think I'm getting the hang of it!

And as for the advertising thread, I feel bad about cluttering a bunch of other forum threads... but I guess it is for a good cause? And I agree the name's not all that specific, I rarely forum-ed before this whole food drive thing, so I'm rubbish at planning and naming raffles and all that .x. I'll try to come up with a better one. \o/

@AriaDcarmine
OH! Banners would be a fantastic idea! If only I could art...

And gosh, it's super of you to offer to help with the raffle! I'll ask Icestorm, but I'm not sure how she'll - or I - feel about accepting help from the people we wanted to help in the first place ;u; I think we've managed okay so far, but I'll definitely think about your offer if we are overwhelmed at any point. Thank you. )ouo(
@JinxFlux
Thank you for being so gracious about your preferred prize being taken! .u. Lots of niceness in this thread~ ).u.( You're very right though, the raffle thread does move fast and is quickly becoming cluttered. Advertising in other forums may very well be a good idea! And I'm sorry if I missed it, but have you published your alternative price preferences?

Also, if shiny tomato noodles' mom ever has another child that looks like him, I'll be sure to send him/her to you :D I've got far too many noodles dropping about 200 insects a day - I'll be needing the services of my own food drive next! XD

@Olysea
First full shiny! .w. Congratulations! Now just hope you don't get addicted like I did whee Icestorm has been feeling a little under the weather these couple days, but she is fine now and - I'm sure - very grateful for your concern! cx

Yeah, generally everyone wanted Round 2 to be on the same thread, so on the same thread it will be! Only problem is we can't take down the prizes and start round 2 before everyone picks their prize, and we're currently stuck at number 4 uvu I suppose I wouldn't mind a bit of time to rest though.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand the bit about the bank? People have stopped asking for food for the time being, unfortunately, though, so that won't be a problem...?

And I have tried leaving the food in the messages, but with all the pms and auctionhouse messages, they quickly get lost in the confusing user interface that is the FlightRising inbox.

I'm so glad you liked the note though! T'is really encouraging - in fact, I'm trying to set up a post for next round prizes right now! It's a little harder since we're doing reserves now too, but I think I'm getting the hang of it!

And as for the advertising thread, I feel bad about cluttering a bunch of other forum threads... but I guess it is for a good cause? And I agree the name's not all that specific, I rarely forum-ed before this whole food drive thing, so I'm rubbish at planning and naming raffles and all that .x. I'll try to come up with a better one. \o/

@AriaDcarmine
OH! Banners would be a fantastic idea! If only I could art...

And gosh, it's super of you to offer to help with the raffle! I'll ask Icestorm, but I'm not sure how she'll - or I - feel about accepting help from the people we wanted to help in the first place ;u; I think we've managed okay so far, but I'll definitely think about your offer if we are overwhelmed at any point. Thank you. )ouo(
GaBanner_zps6b8e1d1f.gif
@Skylark34

You are very welcome. Also it might be a good idea to see if the moderators would allow you to advertize the free food assistance part of the raffle in the "Help" section of the forums?

And very glad to hear Ice is doing well!
@Skylark34

You are very welcome. Also it might be a good idea to see if the moderators would allow you to advertize the free food assistance part of the raffle in the "Help" section of the forums?

And very glad to hear Ice is doing well!
@SkyLark34 aaa Thank you! ;v;

hopefully ewe
aah *0* I'm relieved! May she get well soon!

time to rest is needed, and after all you would have needed time to get new prizes ready anyway, cooldowns being waiting for and so on.

True, if the inbox moves fast and if not cleaned immediately then unfortunately the stored stuff becomes long to reach in the depths. also the "Bank" is in fact the storing of items in your inbox via other peoples' help *u* We just call that a Bank in my flight

you'll do fine *0* the more experience with managing different things, the better for you too!

actually i thought about it and I'm not exactly sure if that'd look good.. we definitely should think of alternatives before deciding to implement this idea. Perhaps the change of the name might actually be more than enough! I might help with the thinking as son as my head is mostly out of studies /o\'
@SkyLark34 aaa Thank you! ;v;

hopefully ewe
aah *0* I'm relieved! May she get well soon!

time to rest is needed, and after all you would have needed time to get new prizes ready anyway, cooldowns being waiting for and so on.

True, if the inbox moves fast and if not cleaned immediately then unfortunately the stored stuff becomes long to reach in the depths. also the "Bank" is in fact the storing of items in your inbox via other peoples' help *u* We just call that a Bank in my flight

you'll do fine *0* the more experience with managing different things, the better for you too!

actually i thought about it and I'm not exactly sure if that'd look good.. we definitely should think of alternatives before deciding to implement this idea. Perhaps the change of the name might actually be more than enough! I might help with the thinking as son as my head is mostly out of studies /o\'
CAiwzvK.png
@SkyLark34
I have not posted the others and honestly I have no idea what's left! I believe prizes have been given out even though the main posting still has them all listed?
@SkyLark34
I have not posted the others and honestly I have no idea what's left! I believe prizes have been given out even though the main posting still has them all listed?
tumblr_ncso1gTwpX1taslvjo2_250.png AMHq4NM.png forumone.gif
@SkyLark34

Woot! Saw i won! Bit confused though about whats been picked. Can you ping me when its my turn to pick?
@SkyLark34

Woot! Saw i won! Bit confused though about whats been picked. Can you ping me when its my turn to pick?
3UQGyNs.png fQd4s4c.png qvTNuJR.png