Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Traveling Market - A Closed RP
1 2 3 4 5
From the harsh outskirts of this merchant fair, a young guardian woman wanders purposely along the different stalls. She pauses for short moments at certain stands, but always walking away before the vendors could continue on their long opening spiel about how wonderous about their products. The armor on her body shines in the sun, clanking quietly as she walks along. She never removes her helmet, seeming to be someone that won't be someone that is easily persuaded. Her path leads to a stand that has parchment out on display.
"How much are you offering for the parchment?" She asks in a low, gruff voice.
From the harsh outskirts of this merchant fair, a young guardian woman wanders purposely along the different stalls. She pauses for short moments at certain stands, but always walking away before the vendors could continue on their long opening spiel about how wonderous about their products. The armor on her body shines in the sun, clanking quietly as she walks along. She never removes her helmet, seeming to be someone that won't be someone that is easily persuaded. Her path leads to a stand that has parchment out on display.
"How much are you offering for the parchment?" She asks in a low, gruff voice.
Kiyuri falls silent as the Guardian looks their way along with the vendor... Perhaps it'd be better if she left. She quickly turns around and continues to explore the nearby vendors, weaving through the slowly growing crowd of people.

"Have a nice day, thank you for the business!" Dallas calls out to a person leaving the stand. He flips one of the coins in his hands before stashing them away in the cashbox. He looks up and waves his hand to the approaching Guardian. "Hello!" He grins and points a finger to the crate full of scrolls, some blank parchment others documents and notes about various things. "Blank ones are 10 will get ya' eight scrolls of the fine parch, while 20 will get ya two scrolls of documents of your choice. 'Course these prices are negotiable, if you have any troubles with my offer." He quirks a brow and crosses his arms over his chest. As he waits for a response he looks at some of the dwindling supplies in another crate. "I'll have to get Kiyuri to help unload the next crate..." He mumbles.
Kiyuri falls silent as the Guardian looks their way along with the vendor... Perhaps it'd be better if she left. She quickly turns around and continues to explore the nearby vendors, weaving through the slowly growing crowd of people.

"Have a nice day, thank you for the business!" Dallas calls out to a person leaving the stand. He flips one of the coins in his hands before stashing them away in the cashbox. He looks up and waves his hand to the approaching Guardian. "Hello!" He grins and points a finger to the crate full of scrolls, some blank parchment others documents and notes about various things. "Blank ones are 10 will get ya' eight scrolls of the fine parch, while 20 will get ya two scrolls of documents of your choice. 'Course these prices are negotiable, if you have any troubles with my offer." He quirks a brow and crosses his arms over his chest. As he waits for a response he looks at some of the dwindling supplies in another crate. "I'll have to get Kiyuri to help unload the next crate..." He mumbles.
sign.png
Creature
She/Her | +3 FR Time
WISHLIST.png Adopts.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=145465&tab=dragon&did=28238984][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282390/28238984p.png[/img][/url][/center] The transition from the Scarred Wasteland to the Starfall Isles brought a creeping shiver up his bare scales- for while the Arcane territory was not nearly as cold as other places he had been. The Scarred Wasteland had been iconically barren and it's clans hostile has proved for a difficult passing, and while he had found a place to rest for a few nights, the eerie feeling of trespassing drove him away. The land had also been hot and muggy, and he had to wear a mask over his mouth in order to breathe properly and not get infected with the disease stewing in the very earth of the domain. During the first few nights of his time in the Starfall Isles, he remained in a solitary den, carved out long ago by someone but neglected and abandoned, to ensure he had not picked up any of the Filthy Ones gifts- all the while shivering quietly as the brisk air passed by his bare scales. Now that Adheer was certain he had not been infected, he immediately distanced himself from the den, his travels taking him a little farther before he noted the tops of tents in the distance, and he found himself curiously creeping closer, the tents growing smaller and smaller because of his big form. With a surge of blue magic and what sounded like the pops of electricity, the Imperial shifted himself into that of a human- a curious creature that must have walked with the BeastClans at some point- for it seemed many dragons knew how to mimic their appearances. He wandered cautiously closer, recognizing the place as a sort of bazaar from the stalls selling goods. Perhaps here he could find some more appropriate attire for his journey. Adheer entered the market quietly, keeping a distance from the stalls.
28238984p.png

The transition from the Scarred Wasteland to the Starfall Isles brought a creeping shiver up his bare scales- for while the Arcane territory was not nearly as cold as other places he had been. The Scarred Wasteland had been iconically barren and it's clans hostile has proved for a difficult passing, and while he had found a place to rest for a few nights, the eerie feeling of trespassing drove him away. The land had also been hot and muggy, and he had to wear a mask over his mouth in order to breathe properly and not get infected with the disease stewing in the very earth of the domain.

During the first few nights of his time in the Starfall Isles, he remained in a solitary den, carved out long ago by someone but neglected and abandoned, to ensure he had not picked up any of the Filthy Ones gifts- all the while shivering quietly as the brisk air passed by his bare scales.

Now that Adheer was certain he had not been infected, he immediately distanced himself from the den, his travels taking him a little farther before he noted the tops of tents in the distance, and he found himself curiously creeping closer, the tents growing smaller and smaller because of his big form.

With a surge of blue magic and what sounded like the pops of electricity, the Imperial shifted himself into that of a human- a curious creature that must have walked with the BeastClans at some point- for it seemed many dragons knew how to mimic their appearances.

He wandered cautiously closer, recognizing the place as a sort of bazaar from the stalls selling goods. Perhaps here he could find some more appropriate attire for his journey.

Adheer entered the market quietly, keeping a distance from the stalls.
dbudmgr-23c4674f-d365-4bd7-8ca1-0b7e5380bf9c.png
16448_2_by_surgetic-dbudmgu.png

-MANTIDSERUM #145465
-2+ FR Time
-he/him

She scans over the parchment carefully, trying to make out the text on the used scrolls.
"What sort of documents are you selling?" These seemed to have peaked her interest a bit, as she didn't speak with the same low, gravelly tone. She reached into her armor and produced a small pouch, jingling with coins.
"Perhaps if they are of an interesting historic value, I will be more generous with my negotiation." She cracked a small smile and leaned against the wood, ready for the game to begin.
She scans over the parchment carefully, trying to make out the text on the used scrolls.
"What sort of documents are you selling?" These seemed to have peaked her interest a bit, as she didn't speak with the same low, gravelly tone. She reached into her armor and produced a small pouch, jingling with coins.
"Perhaps if they are of an interesting historic value, I will be more generous with my negotiation." She cracked a small smile and leaned against the wood, ready for the game to begin.
[quote name="IxNine99" date=2016-12-20 20:11:17] The woman narrowed her eyes angrily at the laughing group behind Priam, her smile tightening into a near grimace before she softened it and smiled widely back at the woman. "Geb assures you, wise one, that all you see is made of real gem, real metal - All of my heart and honor goes into this." Oceans blinked. "Did..she just ask that?" He asked, a little impressed. "You owe me 30." Uzumaki smirked, causing Oceans to sputter in protest. [/quote] Dissatisfied grumbling in the center of the camp landed a large blue-and-white Imperial. - Well, Night couldn't send out any of the scouts?.- growled Indigo. He felt a little awkward surrounded by so many loud and noisy dragons. Someone beckoned buyers who were running errands, someone argued on the basis of price. A normal market, what to say. -[i]"Perhaps it will be better if I get a few less"[/i]- mentally chuckled breaking the Imperial seal which he lectured the shaman before going to the job. Pop, in the place of the dragon on earth is a black-haired man. -That's better- he smiled. Looking around, he found a man standing near one of the tents -Hey, do you know who's the boss here?
IxNine99 wrote on 2016-12-20:
The woman narrowed her eyes angrily at the laughing group behind Priam, her smile tightening into a near grimace before she softened it and smiled widely back at the woman.
"Geb assures you, wise one, that all you see is made of real gem, real metal - All of my heart and honor goes into this."

Oceans blinked.
"Did..she just ask that?" He asked, a little impressed.
"You owe me 30." Uzumaki smirked, causing Oceans to sputter in protest.
Dissatisfied grumbling in the center of the camp landed a large blue-and-white Imperial.
- Well, Night couldn't send out any of the scouts?.- growled Indigo. He felt a little awkward surrounded by so many loud and noisy dragons. Someone beckoned buyers who were running errands, someone argued on the basis of price. A normal market, what to say.
-"Perhaps it will be better if I get a few less"- mentally chuckled breaking the Imperial seal which he lectured the shaman before going to the job. Pop, in the place of the dragon on earth is a black-haired man.
-That's better- he smiled. Looking around, he found a man standing near one of the tents
-Hey, do you know who's the boss here?
Oceans raised a brow at the newcomer, but smiled. "If you're looking for our leader, find Fuffers." He motioned to where the woman is standing. "If you're looking for the one who likes to [i]think[/i] he's our leader, find Nut." He motioned to the very odd-looking man standing next to the woman. "I'm Oceans." [quote name="Surgetic" date=2016-12-21 05:33:10] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=145465&tab=dragon&did=28238984][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282390/28238984p.png[/img][/url][/center] The transition from the Scarred Wasteland to the Starfall Isles brought a creeping shiver up his bare scales- for while the Arcane territory was not nearly as cold as other places he had been. The Scarred Wasteland had been iconically barren and it's clans hostile has proved for a difficult passing, and while he had found a place to rest for a few nights, the eerie feeling of trespassing drove him away. The land had also been hot and muggy, and he had to wear a mask over his mouth in order to breathe properly and not get infected with the disease stewing in the very earth of the domain. During the first few nights of his time in the Starfall Isles, he remained in a solitary den, carved out long ago by someone but neglected and abandoned, to ensure he had not picked up any of the Filthy Ones gifts- all the while shivering quietly as the brisk air passed by his bare scales. Now that Adheer was certain he had not been infected, he immediately distanced himself from the den, his travels taking him a little farther before he noted the tops of tents in the distance, and he found himself curiously creeping closer, the tents growing smaller and smaller because of his big form. With a surge of blue magic and what sounded like the pops of electricity, the Imperial shifted himself into that of a human- a curious creature that must have walked with the BeastClans at some point- for it seemed many dragons knew how to mimic their appearances. He wandered cautiously closer, recognizing the place as a sort of bazaar from the stalls selling goods. Perhaps here he could find some more appropriate attire for his journey. Adheer entered the market quietly, keeping a distance from the stalls. [/quote] Various shopkeepers kept to themselves, while others called for him to "Come, take a look at our wares!" A figure who, according to the sign, was named 'Maleficent' seemed to be selling fortunes and palm readings - Although he looked rather unconfident. Another stand had a rather fidgety-looking man arranging and rearranging books nervously as a young woman next to him glared daggers at all who passed. Another woman at the book stand was huddled over to the side, staring at a stand ran by a middle-aged woman who was offering jewelry to a young lady. Next to the book stand woman, leaning on the side of the next stand, was a boy who didn't seem to be up to anything other than chatting with another individual. Other stands included a smiling woman with a variety of jewels and items that looked much more real than what the previous merchant was offering standing in her stand next a woman who was not smiling and was much more intimidating as she polished a large copper-colored gem; A young man in a lab coat boasting about how his potions were acclaimed worldwide; Two silent and stoic individuals who seemed to be having a pleasant time checking all of the herbs they were selling; and many others.
Oceans raised a brow at the newcomer, but smiled.
"If you're looking for our leader, find Fuffers." He motioned to where the woman is standing. "If you're looking for the one who likes to think he's our leader, find Nut." He motioned to the very odd-looking man standing next to the woman. "I'm Oceans."
Surgetic wrote on 2016-12-21:
28238984p.png

The transition from the Scarred Wasteland to the Starfall Isles brought a creeping shiver up his bare scales- for while the Arcane territory was not nearly as cold as other places he had been. The Scarred Wasteland had been iconically barren and it's clans hostile has proved for a difficult passing, and while he had found a place to rest for a few nights, the eerie feeling of trespassing drove him away. The land had also been hot and muggy, and he had to wear a mask over his mouth in order to breathe properly and not get infected with the disease stewing in the very earth of the domain.

During the first few nights of his time in the Starfall Isles, he remained in a solitary den, carved out long ago by someone but neglected and abandoned, to ensure he had not picked up any of the Filthy Ones gifts- all the while shivering quietly as the brisk air passed by his bare scales.

Now that Adheer was certain he had not been infected, he immediately distanced himself from the den, his travels taking him a little farther before he noted the tops of tents in the distance, and he found himself curiously creeping closer, the tents growing smaller and smaller because of his big form.

With a surge of blue magic and what sounded like the pops of electricity, the Imperial shifted himself into that of a human- a curious creature that must have walked with the BeastClans at some point- for it seemed many dragons knew how to mimic their appearances.

He wandered cautiously closer, recognizing the place as a sort of bazaar from the stalls selling goods. Perhaps here he could find some more appropriate attire for his journey.

Adheer entered the market quietly, keeping a distance from the stalls.

Various shopkeepers kept to themselves, while others called for him to "Come, take a look at our wares!"
A figure who, according to the sign, was named 'Maleficent' seemed to be selling fortunes and palm readings - Although he looked rather unconfident.
Another stand had a rather fidgety-looking man arranging and rearranging books nervously as a young woman next to him glared daggers at all who passed. Another woman at the book stand was huddled over to the side, staring at a stand ran by a middle-aged woman who was offering jewelry to a young lady. Next to the book stand woman, leaning on the side of the next stand, was a boy who didn't seem to be up to anything other than chatting with another individual.
Other stands included a smiling woman with a variety of jewels and items that looked much more real than what the previous merchant was offering standing in her stand next a woman who was not smiling and was much more intimidating as she polished a large copper-colored gem; A young man in a lab coat boasting about how his potions were acclaimed worldwide; Two silent and stoic individuals who seemed to be having a pleasant time checking all of the herbs they were selling; and many others.
What honor? Priam thought with a smirk. "So you... created these, correct?" She asked slowly, studying the rigid expression on the woman's face. "Sorry, I thought you told me you had no use for such 'bedazzled apparel.' Might I ask why you made it, then?" Now it was her turn to be suspicious. She raised an eyebrow at the jewelry on the table. It was easy these days to surprise people with her intelligence; most would see her as a pretty face, a fun fling. The thought saddened her slightly, but she pushed that away.
What honor? Priam thought with a smirk. "So you... created these, correct?" She asked slowly, studying the rigid expression on the woman's face. "Sorry, I thought you told me you had no use for such 'bedazzled apparel.' Might I ask why you made it, then?" Now it was her turn to be suspicious. She raised an eyebrow at the jewelry on the table. It was easy these days to surprise people with her intelligence; most would see her as a pretty face, a fun fling. The thought saddened her slightly, but she pushed that away.
Sachiko > sachikosig_by_bajanmightyena-dasisyj.png < by humerussin
Geb's smile grew even tighter as she replied.
"I..." Her accent is gone for a moment. "If you must now.." It's back. "Geb has no more need for the items she created because the dragon she made them for has left us." A lie, really - But Geb was very good at lying.
Geb's smile grew even tighter as she replied.
"I..." Her accent is gone for a moment. "If you must now.." It's back. "Geb has no more need for the items she created because the dragon she made them for has left us." A lie, really - But Geb was very good at lying.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=145465&tab=dragon&did=28238984][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/282390/28238984p.png[/img][/url][/center] [quote=IxNine99]Various shopkeepers kept to themselves, while others called for him to "Come, take a look at our wares!" A figure who, according to the sign, was named 'Maleficent' seemed to be selling fortunes and palm readings - Although he looked rather unconfident. Another stand had a rather fidgety-looking man arranging and rearranging books nervously as a young woman next to him glared daggers at all who passed. Another woman at the book stand was huddled over to the side, staring at a stand ran by a middle-aged woman who was offering jewelry to a young lady. Next to the book stand woman, leaning on the side of the next stand, was a boy who didn't seem to be up to anything other than chatting with another individual. Other stands included a smiling woman with a variety of jewels and items that looked much more real than what the previous merchant was offering standing in her stand next a woman who was not smiling and was much more intimidating as she polished a large copper-colored gem; A young man in a lab coat boasting about how his potions were acclaimed worldwide; Two silent and stoic individuals who seemed to be having a pleasant time checking all of the herbs they were selling; and many others.[/quote] He briefly scanned the wares from a distance, his eyes narrowing under his hood as he felt a feeling of... disappointment? None of the stalls seemed to carry any sort of apparel, and those that did seemed to only carry jewelry, which he found his eyes lingering on for a longer amount of time than the rest. Something about the glimmering gems and shining metals made his chest feel heavy with a deep sadness that he could not place a memory to. Where there should have been something, there was an empty void that left him longing. A black haired man had moved past him, and moved to talk to the gaunt, blue haired boy he had noted after arriving. There were all sorts of different dragons here, one of which seemed to be at a stand with one of the vendors he was considering. He turned on his heel and decided to check out one of the stalls that had piqued his interest- among the stalls selling wares and material objects, there was one that boasted the abilities of a man named "Maleficent". Adheer had heard of palm readings and fortunes- it was one things many dragons had in common with one another- a fascination with their unknown future. But while they were fixated on the future, Adheer wanted to know about his past, he sauntered over to the stall, pulling down his hood as if to appear more friendly, and took in the vendors nervous look. "Good day, Maleficent, is it?" He asked, his hand moving to the strap of his satchel as he debated whether or not to pay this man for what could possibly be a silly trick. "I understand dragons in your craft are experts in telling the future, but is it possible you could delve into someones past?"
28238984p.png
IxNine99 wrote:
Various shopkeepers kept to themselves, while others called for him to "Come, take a look at our wares!"
A figure who, according to the sign, was named 'Maleficent' seemed to be selling fortunes and palm readings - Although he looked rather unconfident.
Another stand had a rather fidgety-looking man arranging and rearranging books nervously as a young woman next to him glared daggers at all who passed. Another woman at the book stand was huddled over to the side, staring at a stand ran by a middle-aged woman who was offering jewelry to a young lady. Next to the book stand woman, leaning on the side of the next stand, was a boy who didn't seem to be up to anything other than chatting with another individual.
Other stands included a smiling woman with a variety of jewels and items that looked much more real than what the previous merchant was offering standing in her stand next a woman who was not smiling and was much more intimidating as she polished a large copper-colored gem; A young man in a lab coat boasting about how his potions were acclaimed worldwide; Two silent and stoic individuals who seemed to be having a pleasant time checking all of the herbs they were selling; and many others.

He briefly scanned the wares from a distance, his eyes narrowing under his hood as he felt a feeling of... disappointment? None of the stalls seemed to carry any sort of apparel, and those that did seemed to only carry jewelry, which he found his eyes lingering on for a longer amount of time than the rest. Something about the glimmering gems and shining metals made his chest feel heavy with a deep sadness that he could not place a memory to. Where there should have been something, there was an empty void that left him longing.

A black haired man had moved past him, and moved to talk to the gaunt, blue haired boy he had noted after arriving. There were all sorts of different dragons here, one of which seemed to be at a stand with one of the vendors he was considering.

He turned on his heel and decided to check out one of the stalls that had piqued his interest- among the stalls selling wares and material objects, there was one that boasted the abilities of a man named "Maleficent". Adheer had heard of palm readings and fortunes- it was one things many dragons had in common with one another- a fascination with their unknown future.

But while they were fixated on the future, Adheer wanted to know about his past, he sauntered over to the stall, pulling down his hood as if to appear more friendly, and took in the vendors nervous look.

"Good day, Maleficent, is it?" He asked, his hand moving to the strap of his satchel as he debated whether or not to pay this man for what could possibly be a silly trick. "I understand dragons in your craft are experts in telling the future, but is it possible you could delve into someones past?"
dbudmgr-23c4674f-d365-4bd7-8ca1-0b7e5380bf9c.png

-MANTIDSERUM #145465
-2+ FR Time
-he/him

As the woman stumbled over her words, Priam simply shook her head slowly. "Sorry, miss, but I don't believe you in the slightest." She scooped the coins off the table and back into her bag, gave Geb a significant look, and walked away. Alright, no jewelry, then. Everything about that woman was a fraud. She rolled her eyes and began to make her way forwards the group of boys. She stopped in front of them, hands on her hips and a questioning look on her face.

"I should really thank you. If you hadn't been making such a clamor, I would've never figured out that woman." Priam said with a smirk. "I'm Priam."
As the woman stumbled over her words, Priam simply shook her head slowly. "Sorry, miss, but I don't believe you in the slightest." She scooped the coins off the table and back into her bag, gave Geb a significant look, and walked away. Alright, no jewelry, then. Everything about that woman was a fraud. She rolled her eyes and began to make her way forwards the group of boys. She stopped in front of them, hands on her hips and a questioning look on her face.

"I should really thank you. If you hadn't been making such a clamor, I would've never figured out that woman." Priam said with a smirk. "I'm Priam."
Sachiko > sachikosig_by_bajanmightyena-dasisyj.png < by humerussin
1 2 3 4 5