Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Urgent Food
1 2
Due to unknown circumstances I cant farm the coli for food. This leaves me with little money to feed my dragons. I have about 20k I can use to buy food points but this leaves me unable to gene/buy the dragons I play this game for. Can anyone sell me discount food or donate me some? I feel awful about begging like this but I cant even breed my dream pairs due to hunger.
Due to unknown circumstances I cant farm the coli for food. This leaves me with little money to feed my dragons. I have about 20k I can use to buy food points but this leaves me unable to gene/buy the dragons I play this game for. Can anyone sell me discount food or donate me some? I feel awful about begging like this but I cant even breed my dream pairs due to hunger.
I can send you food~
I don't have as much as I usually do due to me previously hosting a 1 day giveaway of food and familiars in my flight but I'll give you everything I have left, no problem.
I can send you food~
I don't have as much as I usually do due to me previously hosting a 1 day giveaway of food and familiars in my flight but I'll give you everything I have left, no problem.
XkyNy2i.png
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!
@Madorka
what kind of food do you need?
@Madorka
what kind of food do you need?
09Daenderethpngoriginal_zps812fbce3.png
Any kind, However seafood/meat is most important as most of my dragons eat t.
Any kind, However seafood/meat is most important as most of my dragons eat t.
@Madorka You should check your inbox for a little care package from me ;-)
@Madorka You should check your inbox for a little care package from me ;-)
6Jj8Ipi.png
Are you not using your gathering turns to find food? Even with my lair almost full, I usually get plenty from using as little as 7 to 8 gathering turns per day on a type of food.

The rest of the turns can be used on digging/scavenging if that's what you're doing now.
Are you not using your gathering turns to find food? Even with my lair almost full, I usually get plenty from using as little as 7 to 8 gathering turns per day on a type of food.

The rest of the turns can be used on digging/scavenging if that's what you're doing now.
I always find I get a really low yield from gathering. While I mix gather and scavenging depending on what food I need most and hope of getting an egg to sell it's still running too short. Thank you to everyone who has sent me food also!
I always find I get a really low yield from gathering. While I mix gather and scavenging depending on what food I need most and hope of getting an egg to sell it's still running too short. Thank you to everyone who has sent me food also!
I would not be scavenging in the hope of getting an egg to make money to buy food. Kind of like relying on finding wallets on the street to buy food to eat. You might starve before you find one. Eggs are a rare nice surprise, but not to be depended on for food. With nearly forty dragons to feed I use 5 gathers for food alone and sometimes actually make up what I used that day. YOu may want to forego digging and scavenging for a little while in favor of food. Also, there is the fairground to earn cash with which to buy food on the AH.

Also, I notice that when gathering for food you get a couple short draws then a big one. So if you only do 1 or 2, you might miss the big draw. Also, I think as you level up in food gathers the draws get better.
I would not be scavenging in the hope of getting an egg to make money to buy food. Kind of like relying on finding wallets on the street to buy food to eat. You might starve before you find one. Eggs are a rare nice surprise, but not to be depended on for food. With nearly forty dragons to feed I use 5 gathers for food alone and sometimes actually make up what I used that day. YOu may want to forego digging and scavenging for a little while in favor of food. Also, there is the fairground to earn cash with which to buy food on the AH.

Also, I notice that when gathering for food you get a couple short draws then a big one. So if you only do 1 or 2, you might miss the big draw. Also, I think as you level up in food gathers the draws get better.
SFQhzL3.pngyCkAFg8.pngyPtBRD9.pngtumblr_nyl9awegtx1sbxtq7o4_75sq.pngJLu5v3r.png
EFiImB7.png
8QN6ypU.png
@Amalythia
I have been level 20 in fishing for 3 or 4 months now. I have to use all 15 turns fishing in order to barely break even on food (most of the time I end up losing 30 food points per day)

Even though I am level 20, I still regularly get 3-5 turns a day which only yield 2 leeches (which are 2 food points each).

But, I have over 50 fish eating dragons, and am a bit of a minority on FR due to the amount of dragons I have. I still think something is fundamentally wrong with the gathering system in that I never seem to harvest enough fish to break even at the end of the day. *shrugs* I always have to farm in order to try to amass a stockpile.

I've never understood why level 20 simply opens up more options of what to harvest, rather than increasing the bounty of what is harvested. I shouldn't be losing 1/3rd of my fishing turns for a total of 4 food points per turn. Why can't I pick up 8 leeches instead of two... lol.

But yeah, I feel for OP. If I didn't use the Coliseum my dragons would end up not eating, even though I use all my foraging turns on fishing.

(ETA: I get just over 300 food points from fishing all 15 turns @ Level 20. I have to feed 52 fishie snacking dragons... 6 times per day now? So yeah, it just about breaks even for me)
@Amalythia
I have been level 20 in fishing for 3 or 4 months now. I have to use all 15 turns fishing in order to barely break even on food (most of the time I end up losing 30 food points per day)

Even though I am level 20, I still regularly get 3-5 turns a day which only yield 2 leeches (which are 2 food points each).

But, I have over 50 fish eating dragons, and am a bit of a minority on FR due to the amount of dragons I have. I still think something is fundamentally wrong with the gathering system in that I never seem to harvest enough fish to break even at the end of the day. *shrugs* I always have to farm in order to try to amass a stockpile.

I've never understood why level 20 simply opens up more options of what to harvest, rather than increasing the bounty of what is harvested. I shouldn't be losing 1/3rd of my fishing turns for a total of 4 food points per turn. Why can't I pick up 8 leeches instead of two... lol.

But yeah, I feel for OP. If I didn't use the Coliseum my dragons would end up not eating, even though I use all my foraging turns on fishing.

(ETA: I get just over 300 food points from fishing all 15 turns @ Level 20. I have to feed 52 fishie snacking dragons... 6 times per day now? So yeah, it just about breaks even for me)
1kz7OWt.png
1 2