Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Best way to convert gems to treasure?
I've bought some gems, but I want to convert them to treasure so I can expand my lair. I was wondering what the most "profitable" way to do it was, so to speak?
Would it be buying gene scrolls/species change scrolls and selling them, snagging 8-15 gem dragon hatchlings from the auction house to exalt on days when they have a species bonus/gene bonus, directly 'selling' them to other users, or what? I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, haha.
I've bought some gems, but I want to convert them to treasure so I can expand my lair. I was wondering what the most "profitable" way to do it was, so to speak?
Would it be buying gene scrolls/species change scrolls and selling them, snagging 8-15 gem dragon hatchlings from the auction house to exalt on days when they have a species bonus/gene bonus, directly 'selling' them to other users, or what? I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, haha.
@Naphal
If you're looking for immediate treasure: sell gem items for treasure in the AH. The ratio in the auction house is generally better for the seller, whereas the ratio in the item sales board is usually better for the buyer. There's also no risk of people running off with your gems in the AH.

Boons, scatterscrolls, and iri genes are usually reliable sellers. Usually. Just be vigilant of what ratio you are effectively selling at (taking into account AH tax). ^^

edit: slower routes, or even just waiting for the ratio to keep going up, may yield more treasure ultimately... but they are slower. I'm mainly cautioning against forum selling, to be honest. You seem like you have a good idea of what options you have from the opening post.
@Naphal
If you're looking for immediate treasure: sell gem items for treasure in the AH. The ratio in the auction house is generally better for the seller, whereas the ratio in the item sales board is usually better for the buyer. There's also no risk of people running off with your gems in the AH.

Boons, scatterscrolls, and iri genes are usually reliable sellers. Usually. Just be vigilant of what ratio you are effectively selling at (taking into account AH tax). ^^

edit: slower routes, or even just waiting for the ratio to keep going up, may yield more treasure ultimately... but they are slower. I'm mainly cautioning against forum selling, to be honest. You seem like you have a good idea of what options you have from the opening post.
♥♦♣♠
LEpJMnn.pngfVc0Lih.png
Wow, thanks! That's good advice. I think I'll try buying gem items and selling them on the AH, it looks like the best option. Thank you very much!
Wow, thanks! That's good advice. I think I'll try buying gem items and selling them on the AH, it looks like the best option. Thank you very much!
@naphal It depends on if you want the money immediately. Gem to treasure ratio was 1 gem for 130 treasure when I was first on the site, now it goes for 1 gem for 330 or so. It's not likely to drop any time soon, either, with demand still outpacing supply. So if you feel like waiting, you can probably convert at a higher rate later.

That said, now or later, best way is probably straight through the item sale forum section.
@naphal It depends on if you want the money immediately. Gem to treasure ratio was 1 gem for 130 treasure when I was first on the site, now it goes for 1 gem for 330 or so. It's not likely to drop any time soon, either, with demand still outpacing supply. So if you feel like waiting, you can probably convert at a higher rate later.

That said, now or later, best way is probably straight through the item sale forum section.