Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The War at Night (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
--
Fallen leaves and brittle twigs snapped and crunched beneath Juniper's short boots as she headed back to the little camp. She'd miss this place, but she knew that she'd probably have time to come back the following day. However, she also didn't want anyone to be suspicious to where she had run off to. Perhaps she'd have to randomize the days a bit more. Sighing, the lycan's green eyes recognized a few familiar faces as she entered the area that her group had claimed. She often wondered if all lycans stayed together, or if there were other packs across the world. There wasn't a huge amount of lycans where she stayed, but if that was it, then they were surely going to lose against the vampires with such small numbers. However, she mother was a lycan as well, so there had to be a few loners somewhere.

Juniper's bright copper hair swayed as she walked further into the camp, and she noticed two familiar lycans sitting together. Of course she knew Joanalil, her alpha, but she couldn't quite put a name on the other face. It was kind of odd considering they were both omegas, but she honestly didn't pay much attention to any of the other members besides her leaders. The small lycan approached the two with her head slightly pointed downwards, and she thought up not only an apology, but an excuse. " H-hello Joanalil... I apologize for being gone. I was just... " Juniper thought about it for a quick moment before continuing, " I was just checking the forest for any vampires. I know I shouldn't have gone alone but if I were to have died or been caught, at least a lycan of important rank wouldn't have. "
--
Fallen leaves and brittle twigs snapped and crunched beneath Juniper's short boots as she headed back to the little camp. She'd miss this place, but she knew that she'd probably have time to come back the following day. However, she also didn't want anyone to be suspicious to where she had run off to. Perhaps she'd have to randomize the days a bit more. Sighing, the lycan's green eyes recognized a few familiar faces as she entered the area that her group had claimed. She often wondered if all lycans stayed together, or if there were other packs across the world. There wasn't a huge amount of lycans where she stayed, but if that was it, then they were surely going to lose against the vampires with such small numbers. However, she mother was a lycan as well, so there had to be a few loners somewhere.

Juniper's bright copper hair swayed as she walked further into the camp, and she noticed two familiar lycans sitting together. Of course she knew Joanalil, her alpha, but she couldn't quite put a name on the other face. It was kind of odd considering they were both omegas, but she honestly didn't pay much attention to any of the other members besides her leaders. The small lycan approached the two with her head slightly pointed downwards, and she thought up not only an apology, but an excuse. " H-hello Joanalil... I apologize for being gone. I was just... " Juniper thought about it for a quick moment before continuing, " I was just checking the forest for any vampires. I know I shouldn't have gone alone but if I were to have died or been caught, at least a lycan of important rank wouldn't have. "
1614_300px_virg0_by_miirshroom-dcgsck6.png
Ian wrinkled his nose at the word ‘family,’ but tried to mask his… uncomfortable expression. His parents were human, still living in the citadel as far as he knew, and his mother was a doctor- she’s dealt with werewolf attacks before. Hopefully they’ll still love and accept him, despite what he’s become, but it’s better to let them know instead of assuming he was dead. And Lawrence… Ian looked down at his hands, until he remembered that Joanalil asked him a question.

“Uh.. It’s Ian. Ian Veritas.” Ian watched as Joanalil- was that a werewolf name? He’s never heard anything like that before- stared at a wiggling pile of baby wolves fondly. He pressed his fingers against the bitemark on his thigh, tracing the grooves that he could still feel beneath his thin breeches.

"Tell me, did you have anyone that you left behind if when you were turned forcefully?” Joanalil asked, and that only raised more questions- could werewolves turn willingly? Are most werewolves natural? Was he a special case? But he only nodded his head, his attention distracted by a woman with copper hair approaching them.

He smiled crookedly at the newcomer, listening to her speak, but then her words sunk in. “Wait, uh, are we not allowed to leave camp?” He asked uncertainly, fidgeting a little, “Because I have business in town, have some stuff I gotta do…” Like asking around about vampires and trying to track down Lawrence’s location, he mentally added on.
Ian wrinkled his nose at the word ‘family,’ but tried to mask his… uncomfortable expression. His parents were human, still living in the citadel as far as he knew, and his mother was a doctor- she’s dealt with werewolf attacks before. Hopefully they’ll still love and accept him, despite what he’s become, but it’s better to let them know instead of assuming he was dead. And Lawrence… Ian looked down at his hands, until he remembered that Joanalil asked him a question.

“Uh.. It’s Ian. Ian Veritas.” Ian watched as Joanalil- was that a werewolf name? He’s never heard anything like that before- stared at a wiggling pile of baby wolves fondly. He pressed his fingers against the bitemark on his thigh, tracing the grooves that he could still feel beneath his thin breeches.

"Tell me, did you have anyone that you left behind if when you were turned forcefully?” Joanalil asked, and that only raised more questions- could werewolves turn willingly? Are most werewolves natural? Was he a special case? But he only nodded his head, his attention distracted by a woman with copper hair approaching them.

He smiled crookedly at the newcomer, listening to her speak, but then her words sunk in. “Wait, uh, are we not allowed to leave camp?” He asked uncertainly, fidgeting a little, “Because I have business in town, have some stuff I gotta do…” Like asking around about vampires and trying to track down Lawrence’s location, he mentally added on.
0BzehVy.png
"It is fine Juniper, its good of you to take such precautions but please do tell someone before hand and take someone along for such a dangerous task." She smiled as she tiredly rubbed at her eyes, hopefully her fellow Alpha would wake up soon. She pinched her leg softly, an unnoticeable action to others.

"You should know that no matter what ranking you are that you are still family Juniper and we would mourn your loss." She rubbed at her eyes this time, and she slightly wished to be able to sleep but she ignored the urge. As an Alpha and a blessed Lycan she needed to make sure that her pack, her family would be perfectly fine.

"You can still go to town Ian, its just that you'd have to be extremely careful when you do so and bring another if you do. In towns there are hunters who are happy to kill a werewolf or vampire they do not care which one." She sighed at the thought, she had lost many family members to their weapons. But she had lost far more to the bloodsuckers.

HeKate made her way through the town, people dividing around her like she had the plague. They knew who and what she was, and even though she usually stuck to the forests she needed to get out today as she had heard of a plant that she was missing and had heard that it could be sold today. Her red eyes examined the wares of a few merchants, causing them to shirk back in fright as she moved slowly like a cat toward the plant. The star medallion around her neck glowed ominously as she stared at the plant.

Setting her staff to lean against the stall she leaned in closer, fingers gently brushing over petals and the stem to make sure that it was healthy. Finding that it was she smiled at the man who ran the stall, handing him a singular gold coin, something that was far more then the plant needed before walking off and toward the ominous castle in the distance.
"It is fine Juniper, its good of you to take such precautions but please do tell someone before hand and take someone along for such a dangerous task." She smiled as she tiredly rubbed at her eyes, hopefully her fellow Alpha would wake up soon. She pinched her leg softly, an unnoticeable action to others.

"You should know that no matter what ranking you are that you are still family Juniper and we would mourn your loss." She rubbed at her eyes this time, and she slightly wished to be able to sleep but she ignored the urge. As an Alpha and a blessed Lycan she needed to make sure that her pack, her family would be perfectly fine.

"You can still go to town Ian, its just that you'd have to be extremely careful when you do so and bring another if you do. In towns there are hunters who are happy to kill a werewolf or vampire they do not care which one." She sighed at the thought, she had lost many family members to their weapons. But she had lost far more to the bloodsuckers.

HeKate made her way through the town, people dividing around her like she had the plague. They knew who and what she was, and even though she usually stuck to the forests she needed to get out today as she had heard of a plant that she was missing and had heard that it could be sold today. Her red eyes examined the wares of a few merchants, causing them to shirk back in fright as she moved slowly like a cat toward the plant. The star medallion around her neck glowed ominously as she stared at the plant.

Setting her staff to lean against the stall she leaned in closer, fingers gently brushing over petals and the stem to make sure that it was healthy. Finding that it was she smiled at the man who ran the stall, handing him a singular gold coin, something that was far more then the plant needed before walking off and toward the ominous castle in the distance.
oulcMpY.gif

[ Sorry this isn't a reply but I'll post in a bit later today. I'm just tired. ^^ Anyways, to the point. I know there is an already established underlying plot to the whole roleplay, however, should we maybe plan to set up a fight or meeting of some sort? Just to give the roleplay a bit more direction? This is just a suggestion. ]

[ Sorry this isn't a reply but I'll post in a bit later today. I'm just tired. ^^ Anyways, to the point. I know there is an already established underlying plot to the whole roleplay, however, should we maybe plan to set up a fight or meeting of some sort? Just to give the roleplay a bit more direction? This is just a suggestion. ]
--
The lycan mentally sighed in relief that her little excuse worked. However, it seemed like she'd need to be more careful when taking some time alone now that she'd need to take someone else with her. Juniper was grateful that Joanalil was understanding, but she wasn't too sure if her other alpha would be as accepting of the situation. Despite that, she didn't see the male alpha anywhere, and she assumed that he was probably working on something else, or still asleep. Juniper was about to turn away and work on something else until she heard Joanalil's second comment on the matter. It made the omega smile, and she was happy to be treated so well, even at the lowest ranking. She decided to stick around the two and listen to any of the other news, and she just happened to catch Joanalil's other discussion with the blonde male. While on the topic, Juniper made a mental note to ask for his name when she had the chance or time. After listening to the situation, she added to the conversation with her words pointed at Ian. " If you're meaning to go into town, I can go with you..

Juniper didn't want to force herself into the position, but she was going to offer. Besides, it'd be nice to go into town for a while and look around. However, two omegas wouldn't stand much of a fight against some vampires. It was worth a try though if it ever happened. " Well, unless I have something to do here. Is there anything that needs to be done? she asked Joanalil. Juniper could always watch over the younger lycans or take care of cleaning something up, but going into town would be much more exciting and fun.
--
The lycan mentally sighed in relief that her little excuse worked. However, it seemed like she'd need to be more careful when taking some time alone now that she'd need to take someone else with her. Juniper was grateful that Joanalil was understanding, but she wasn't too sure if her other alpha would be as accepting of the situation. Despite that, she didn't see the male alpha anywhere, and she assumed that he was probably working on something else, or still asleep. Juniper was about to turn away and work on something else until she heard Joanalil's second comment on the matter. It made the omega smile, and she was happy to be treated so well, even at the lowest ranking. She decided to stick around the two and listen to any of the other news, and she just happened to catch Joanalil's other discussion with the blonde male. While on the topic, Juniper made a mental note to ask for his name when she had the chance or time. After listening to the situation, she added to the conversation with her words pointed at Ian. " If you're meaning to go into town, I can go with you..

Juniper didn't want to force herself into the position, but she was going to offer. Besides, it'd be nice to go into town for a while and look around. However, two omegas wouldn't stand much of a fight against some vampires. It was worth a try though if it ever happened. " Well, unless I have something to do here. Is there anything that needs to be done? she asked Joanalil. Juniper could always watch over the younger lycans or take care of cleaning something up, but going into town would be much more exciting and fun.
Tara wasn't really afraid of Lycans. She hadn't ever spoke to one, but she had watched them. A lot. She knew that they were close. A family unit, intertwined and compassionate. She knew that they acted a lot like real wolves, and not of the fairy tale variety. Sometimes, yes, they killed, but she knew they were in a war. And she knew that the war they were in was against the people who'd killed her brother, and she didn't think they weren't doing anything that wasn't justifiable, so she wasn't really scared hanging around the edges of their territory.

She'd been there for a while, now, and nobody had really noticed her. She supposed that they either didn't know she was there, or they'd found her ages ago and really didn't care. That would make sense. She was a scrappy, half starved, human kid who didn't have a family to speak of. While she'd be an easy target, and nobody would miss her, she really didn't have much significance, a fact she was well aware of. Tara leaned against a tree, staying low and practically out of sight in the underbrush. She could hear the lycans, hear them talking and asking questions and caring. She could hear the word family being thrown around, and it was nice. All of this was nice, even if it was unattainable for her.
Tara wasn't really afraid of Lycans. She hadn't ever spoke to one, but she had watched them. A lot. She knew that they were close. A family unit, intertwined and compassionate. She knew that they acted a lot like real wolves, and not of the fairy tale variety. Sometimes, yes, they killed, but she knew they were in a war. And she knew that the war they were in was against the people who'd killed her brother, and she didn't think they weren't doing anything that wasn't justifiable, so she wasn't really scared hanging around the edges of their territory.

She'd been there for a while, now, and nobody had really noticed her. She supposed that they either didn't know she was there, or they'd found her ages ago and really didn't care. That would make sense. She was a scrappy, half starved, human kid who didn't have a family to speak of. While she'd be an easy target, and nobody would miss her, she really didn't have much significance, a fact she was well aware of. Tara leaned against a tree, staying low and practically out of sight in the underbrush. She could hear the lycans, hear them talking and asking questions and caring. She could hear the word family being thrown around, and it was nice. All of this was nice, even if it was unattainable for her.

[ @diaphanouelle
:) I'm currently waiting for others to reply, but I'll try to have Juniper interact with Tara when I can! ]

[ @diaphanouelle
:) I'm currently waiting for others to reply, but I'll try to have Juniper interact with Tara when I can! ]
((@VIRG0 She's... A human kid who's kinda stalking the Lycans. I'm waiting for everything to blow up in her face. ^u*))
((@VIRG0 She's... A human kid who's kinda stalking the Lycans. I'm waiting for everything to blow up in her face. ^u*))
YEEEEEEE BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
YEEEEEEE BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
ai0eTwd.png
((Hi? @Gemmygermz))

"All the chores have been completed for the day, but there is one question that I have for you." Joanalil looked toward Juniper, eyes shining slightly as she turned her head to look into the forest. "The girl thats been following us... how is she?"

She hadn't been the first to notice the packs follower which had made her slightly agitated and she had wondered at first if she had been a vampire scout before sniffing the girls tracks herself and finding them smelling very much alive. She had ordered the others to leave her alone, if she the girl wanted to join the pack she could, and Joanalil would have no qualms about putting her through the test that she put all humans through if they wanted to be werewolves.

Now she was regretting that action and thinking of bringing the girl in herself, maybe even asking her old friend about how to talk to a human child or to feed them. Although she could always ask Ian about that. She stared at the male for a few seconds before returning her gaze to the forest.

Hecate walked up to the gothic style castle slowly and with purpose in her step, the staff that she used clicking against the stone. "An audience with the King or Queen has been asked of me." She spoke causing the few vampires still out that fine night to leave her alone happily. She smirked at them before continuing on her way to the throne room and then waiting. The wolf skin cloak that she was wearing smelling distinctly of the lacy that had dared to attack her on her walk there.

The plant in her arms moved slightly as it felt the air change, the small vines trying to grow around her arm before retracting every time it moved. The woman sighed before parking herself on the floor and waiting for one of the two vamps to come around.
((Hi? @Gemmygermz))

"All the chores have been completed for the day, but there is one question that I have for you." Joanalil looked toward Juniper, eyes shining slightly as she turned her head to look into the forest. "The girl thats been following us... how is she?"

She hadn't been the first to notice the packs follower which had made her slightly agitated and she had wondered at first if she had been a vampire scout before sniffing the girls tracks herself and finding them smelling very much alive. She had ordered the others to leave her alone, if she the girl wanted to join the pack she could, and Joanalil would have no qualms about putting her through the test that she put all humans through if they wanted to be werewolves.

Now she was regretting that action and thinking of bringing the girl in herself, maybe even asking her old friend about how to talk to a human child or to feed them. Although she could always ask Ian about that. She stared at the male for a few seconds before returning her gaze to the forest.

Hecate walked up to the gothic style castle slowly and with purpose in her step, the staff that she used clicking against the stone. "An audience with the King or Queen has been asked of me." She spoke causing the few vampires still out that fine night to leave her alone happily. She smirked at them before continuing on her way to the throne room and then waiting. The wolf skin cloak that she was wearing smelling distinctly of the lacy that had dared to attack her on her walk there.

The plant in her arms moved slightly as it felt the air change, the small vines trying to grow around her arm before retracting every time it moved. The woman sighed before parking herself on the floor and waiting for one of the two vamps to come around.
oulcMpY.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7