Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragoness Lair [Private]
1 2
@Kirell
@CynicalMuffin

The spiral snorted at the imperial's comment, displeased at the mention of his mother. "She doesn't need to come. And I don't want her to know that I'm here. Our ties were broken the minute I hatched." he said frankly, moving on to the other concern.

"It seems that, once upon a time, this place was home for our king. But it was also a place of tragedy. I do not think he values it like other lands we've acquired...but he won't see it disturbed by unwholesome creatures."

He paused, gazing at the trees swaying above them. "..but everything seems to be fine for now."

@Kirell
@CynicalMuffin

The spiral snorted at the imperial's comment, displeased at the mention of his mother. "She doesn't need to come. And I don't want her to know that I'm here. Our ties were broken the minute I hatched." he said frankly, moving on to the other concern.

"It seems that, once upon a time, this place was home for our king. But it was also a place of tragedy. I do not think he values it like other lands we've acquired...but he won't see it disturbed by unwholesome creatures."

He paused, gazing at the trees swaying above them. "..but everything seems to be fine for now."

@Hikkarii
@Kirell

Athena scoffed; she couldn’t help but do so in this moment, looking at both partials with a partial mockery and imperious, moving herself back behind her convoy. “You have our thanks; however, a warning to you all.” She spoke to both groups; eyes sizing up every dragon as if they were competition, beasts for Athena to slay and lay claim to victory in her clans name. “If any of you attempt my convoy any harm, I’ll be forced to take you down and execute you in the name of my clan’s honour. We are not cowards; we are not fearless spineless morons and neither idiotic.” She announced gravely; voice booming high above everyone else, using her height and size to add to her own intimidation; with a subtle jab of her head to the sword strapped to her size. She was armed also.

Achlys chuckled softly, used to Athena’s antics and her brazen spirit, a force that cannot be held down. “Thank you Frost; Pryiale, our clan matriarch wishes to thank you all for the hospitality and generosity. We have not had much luck in finding friendly faces around. We have encountered less than desirable..” She struggled pinpointing the word, licking her lips together, the feathers ruffling underneath the mask. “Beasts shall we say?” She phrased carefully; sending a small nod to Athena, who return exchanged the nod, validating the statements set forth, attesting to its truth.

Augustine shuffled forward, sticking his snout onto Achly’s back, steadying his lazy body; claws propping against her side, hoisting his head over onto her back. “I wouldn’t suggest journeying south from here, if you plan to head any further. The beasts have gotten more than temperamental as of late; I do not know what is stirring them.” He didn’t bother to introduce himself; voice a hushed whisper but a bout of intelligence was a clear indication to his wording. He was proper and formal as his clan counterpart.
@Hikkarii
@Kirell

Athena scoffed; she couldn’t help but do so in this moment, looking at both partials with a partial mockery and imperious, moving herself back behind her convoy. “You have our thanks; however, a warning to you all.” She spoke to both groups; eyes sizing up every dragon as if they were competition, beasts for Athena to slay and lay claim to victory in her clans name. “If any of you attempt my convoy any harm, I’ll be forced to take you down and execute you in the name of my clan’s honour. We are not cowards; we are not fearless spineless morons and neither idiotic.” She announced gravely; voice booming high above everyone else, using her height and size to add to her own intimidation; with a subtle jab of her head to the sword strapped to her size. She was armed also.

Achlys chuckled softly, used to Athena’s antics and her brazen spirit, a force that cannot be held down. “Thank you Frost; Pryiale, our clan matriarch wishes to thank you all for the hospitality and generosity. We have not had much luck in finding friendly faces around. We have encountered less than desirable..” She struggled pinpointing the word, licking her lips together, the feathers ruffling underneath the mask. “Beasts shall we say?” She phrased carefully; sending a small nod to Athena, who return exchanged the nod, validating the statements set forth, attesting to its truth.

Augustine shuffled forward, sticking his snout onto Achly’s back, steadying his lazy body; claws propping against her side, hoisting his head over onto her back. “I wouldn’t suggest journeying south from here, if you plan to head any further. The beasts have gotten more than temperamental as of late; I do not know what is stirring them.” He didn’t bother to introduce himself; voice a hushed whisper but a bout of intelligence was a clear indication to his wording. He was proper and formal as his clan counterpart.
"The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
The Imperial snorted on the partial insult to her spiral clanmate, but otherwise let it slide. Again on her feet, she faced the Guardian, hissing. "We'll not tolerate foulplay here when we extend hospitality. If you all take it, we'll be gratefull..."

"If not, we will gladly escourt you out of the Plaguebringer's blighted lands."

"Otherwise. I'd prefer a peaceful interaction between us.. If that is possible." The seafoam-scaled Imperial sighed and looked to her Clanmate, calling him out of digging: "Could you show there dragons the den...? They might stay for a while. I'm not sure Chara would like there company just now... And especially not with the Riot on claw."

The ridgeback came as summoned, his long-snouted face poking out of the hole first as he crawled, shaking dust from his scales. He looked to the other two sets of dragons, dark eyes calculating. "Would you like to check out the dens...? Much better than fighting. If there was a fight, there'd have to be a call for others."

@Hikkarii @CynicalMuffin
The Imperial snorted on the partial insult to her spiral clanmate, but otherwise let it slide. Again on her feet, she faced the Guardian, hissing. "We'll not tolerate foulplay here when we extend hospitality. If you all take it, we'll be gratefull..."

"If not, we will gladly escourt you out of the Plaguebringer's blighted lands."

"Otherwise. I'd prefer a peaceful interaction between us.. If that is possible." The seafoam-scaled Imperial sighed and looked to her Clanmate, calling him out of digging: "Could you show there dragons the den...? They might stay for a while. I'm not sure Chara would like there company just now... And especially not with the Riot on claw."

The ridgeback came as summoned, his long-snouted face poking out of the hole first as he crawled, shaking dust from his scales. He looked to the other two sets of dragons, dark eyes calculating. "Would you like to check out the dens...? Much better than fighting. If there was a fight, there'd have to be a call for others."

@Hikkarii @CynicalMuffin
NQoUwQX.png
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
yhxx3Gz.png
@Kirell
@CynicalMuffin

The spiral trio simply watched the large guardian speak, neither alarmed or shaken in their receipt of the threat. They had spent months brushing with dangers much bigger than they, more cunning and cruel than the female before them. Thus, they felt perfectly fine to continue their 'interaction' no matter how brazen the companion.

Walking towards his shadow hued brother, the red winged spiral whispered. "That lady...is kinda mean huh." he mused, getting a subtle nod in return. The dragon soon left his side to face the guardian, ascending quite a bit, just to meet the emerald hued eyes.

Once he did however, his tone was unforgiving. "Likewise. If you try anything funny; I will end you." he declared "...and consume every ounce of fat, on that big body of yours."

"Shahdral." Frost snapped, knowing his brother would just as much fight to the death with a fly as he would a guardian. "Don't say such a thing where children will be born. What would the king say?"

Although usually stubborn and the strongest of them all in battle, he never liked to suffer his brother's disapproval.

Thus, he swallowed the rebuttal coming forth, lowering himself to the ground in submission. "We may not be equals in size, but we're equals in mind." he stated clearly "Sometimes you have to remind others of that fact. Especially when they're throwing their weight around."

Conflict with those who weren't beasts of the land were pointless to their goals, At least, in Ripclaw's eyes. He had never cherished the moments when they had to defeat their own kind. "Don't be stupid Shah-nii. We're all dragons." he quipped, preoccupying himself with looping. "And we have 'scruples'."

Inclining his head in a gesture of acknowledgement, Frost ignored his brothers for the moment, finally addressing the lady coatl's words.

"I would have to agree with you. Which is why we took to the air for a time." he shared, looking at the creature now affixed to her back. "Something is indeed stirring in the shadows. Yet another reason to be aware of areas like this."

On the topic of 'den visiting', no other but the youngest perked up, the prospect of exploring other clan dens, more interesting than watching a papa dig nesting holes. "Yeah, we'd love to see 'the dens'." he quipped "We don't have them or use them where we come from, so this'll be a first."
@Kirell
@CynicalMuffin

The spiral trio simply watched the large guardian speak, neither alarmed or shaken in their receipt of the threat. They had spent months brushing with dangers much bigger than they, more cunning and cruel than the female before them. Thus, they felt perfectly fine to continue their 'interaction' no matter how brazen the companion.

Walking towards his shadow hued brother, the red winged spiral whispered. "That lady...is kinda mean huh." he mused, getting a subtle nod in return. The dragon soon left his side to face the guardian, ascending quite a bit, just to meet the emerald hued eyes.

Once he did however, his tone was unforgiving. "Likewise. If you try anything funny; I will end you." he declared "...and consume every ounce of fat, on that big body of yours."

"Shahdral." Frost snapped, knowing his brother would just as much fight to the death with a fly as he would a guardian. "Don't say such a thing where children will be born. What would the king say?"

Although usually stubborn and the strongest of them all in battle, he never liked to suffer his brother's disapproval.

Thus, he swallowed the rebuttal coming forth, lowering himself to the ground in submission. "We may not be equals in size, but we're equals in mind." he stated clearly "Sometimes you have to remind others of that fact. Especially when they're throwing their weight around."

Conflict with those who weren't beasts of the land were pointless to their goals, At least, in Ripclaw's eyes. He had never cherished the moments when they had to defeat their own kind. "Don't be stupid Shah-nii. We're all dragons." he quipped, preoccupying himself with looping. "And we have 'scruples'."

Inclining his head in a gesture of acknowledgement, Frost ignored his brothers for the moment, finally addressing the lady coatl's words.

"I would have to agree with you. Which is why we took to the air for a time." he shared, looking at the creature now affixed to her back. "Something is indeed stirring in the shadows. Yet another reason to be aware of areas like this."

On the topic of 'den visiting', no other but the youngest perked up, the prospect of exploring other clan dens, more interesting than watching a papa dig nesting holes. "Yeah, we'd love to see 'the dens'." he quipped "We don't have them or use them where we come from, so this'll be a first."
@Hikkarii
@Kirell

Athena chuckled, derisively, shaking her head at the ‘valiant’ display the spiral put forward. “Consume me? End me? My, my, I wasn’t aware we were dealing with comedians.” Her lips quipped into a scathing smile; scales cynically twisting together into her expression. “Listen here little spiral; its best you do not tangle with the big dragons, you’ll only get squashed for your efforts.” She advised, her eyes hardening, much like a wall; hard and solid in her convictions to remain faithful to the clans honour.

Achlys face softened; eyes glittering with concern, staff bumping against her claws as she shook Augustine from her frame, not in the mood for any sort of affection from those she knew as family. “Athena, please, enough. Your message has been received; loud and clear. We are not here to fight; we’ve done enough of that getting here.” She scolded the older guardian, who merely grunted at the chiding, winding herself down behind Augustine. Silence was perhaps the best Achlys could get from her older companion.

“Peace is what we want to; an altercation between our clans isn’t going to help any of us. Yes, we would be more than happy to check out the dens. We may find one to our liking to stay for the night.” She shared another look with Athena; the guardian hadn’t commented.

Augustine suppressed a small bubble of laughter at the tension; the mage finding the situation funny, and moving away from Achlys. “I have ten treasure on the spiral thrashing Athena.” He spoke up, he wasn’t actively encouraging the situation but neither discouraging the parties in responding in violence. He whistled innocently, ignoring the look from Achlys; all disapproval being pelted his way.

“Well, I hope whatever is stirring does not make its appearance tonight. I’d love to get some sleep.” He moved the subject onwards, before a tail whipped along his side, Athena bashing the smaller coatl into the dirt. The cloak unfurled, billowing and flapping over his body, frayed from the sudden assault and Augustine’s snout shoved into the soil, hood flat against his left side.

"Time out..."
He muttered underneath his breath; the wind literally knocked out of him.

@Hikkarii
@Kirell

Athena chuckled, derisively, shaking her head at the ‘valiant’ display the spiral put forward. “Consume me? End me? My, my, I wasn’t aware we were dealing with comedians.” Her lips quipped into a scathing smile; scales cynically twisting together into her expression. “Listen here little spiral; its best you do not tangle with the big dragons, you’ll only get squashed for your efforts.” She advised, her eyes hardening, much like a wall; hard and solid in her convictions to remain faithful to the clans honour.

Achlys face softened; eyes glittering with concern, staff bumping against her claws as she shook Augustine from her frame, not in the mood for any sort of affection from those she knew as family. “Athena, please, enough. Your message has been received; loud and clear. We are not here to fight; we’ve done enough of that getting here.” She scolded the older guardian, who merely grunted at the chiding, winding herself down behind Augustine. Silence was perhaps the best Achlys could get from her older companion.

“Peace is what we want to; an altercation between our clans isn’t going to help any of us. Yes, we would be more than happy to check out the dens. We may find one to our liking to stay for the night.” She shared another look with Athena; the guardian hadn’t commented.

Augustine suppressed a small bubble of laughter at the tension; the mage finding the situation funny, and moving away from Achlys. “I have ten treasure on the spiral thrashing Athena.” He spoke up, he wasn’t actively encouraging the situation but neither discouraging the parties in responding in violence. He whistled innocently, ignoring the look from Achlys; all disapproval being pelted his way.

“Well, I hope whatever is stirring does not make its appearance tonight. I’d love to get some sleep.” He moved the subject onwards, before a tail whipped along his side, Athena bashing the smaller coatl into the dirt. The cloak unfurled, billowing and flapping over his body, frayed from the sudden assault and Augustine’s snout shoved into the soil, hood flat against his left side.

"Time out..."
He muttered underneath his breath; the wind literally knocked out of him.

"The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
@Kirell
@CynicalMuffin

Laughter, if it could be called that, came forth in a short and ill mannered spurt before the spiral spoke. "You're so full of yourself." he stated frankly, tilting his head to the side. "..but unlike the dragons you probably bully around, 'I' don't care how big you are. Become my size and still act tough...then I'll acknowledge you as something worth my respect."

As the other female dragon began to speak, he simply huffed, slinking away towards the youngest of them, content to sulk until he was satisfied. "Don't be mad, Sha-nii..." Ripclaw urged, trying to soothe his brother; But true to Spiral attention spans, he latched onto the mage's instigation, cackling along with him as if he'd thought of it himself. "..I bet 10000 treasure on nii-chan!" he quipped happily, gaining an incredulous look from his darker brother, who, in the face of such ridiculous support, couldn't help but be moved.

The sudden violence from the guardian drew all spiral eyes...their expressions slightly confused as they looked to one another. "..I'm glad..we don't have any mean guardians in our family." Ripclaw whispered, thinking of the two back home who were the closest things they'd had to mothers.

Frost sighed at the painful display and at his brothers behavior, wondering how, despite growing up together, they all behaved as if from different households. "In the spirit of peace, then...lets be done with this quarrel. From this moment on, behaving like we are exemplary emissaries of our clan...doing nothing to tarnish it in the eyes of others." He turned to the guardian and then the coatl not catching its breath. "On behalf of my brothers, I give my apologies."

@Kirell
@CynicalMuffin

Laughter, if it could be called that, came forth in a short and ill mannered spurt before the spiral spoke. "You're so full of yourself." he stated frankly, tilting his head to the side. "..but unlike the dragons you probably bully around, 'I' don't care how big you are. Become my size and still act tough...then I'll acknowledge you as something worth my respect."

As the other female dragon began to speak, he simply huffed, slinking away towards the youngest of them, content to sulk until he was satisfied. "Don't be mad, Sha-nii..." Ripclaw urged, trying to soothe his brother; But true to Spiral attention spans, he latched onto the mage's instigation, cackling along with him as if he'd thought of it himself. "..I bet 10000 treasure on nii-chan!" he quipped happily, gaining an incredulous look from his darker brother, who, in the face of such ridiculous support, couldn't help but be moved.

The sudden violence from the guardian drew all spiral eyes...their expressions slightly confused as they looked to one another. "..I'm glad..we don't have any mean guardians in our family." Ripclaw whispered, thinking of the two back home who were the closest things they'd had to mothers.

Frost sighed at the painful display and at his brothers behavior, wondering how, despite growing up together, they all behaved as if from different households. "In the spirit of peace, then...lets be done with this quarrel. From this moment on, behaving like we are exemplary emissaries of our clan...doing nothing to tarnish it in the eyes of others." He turned to the guardian and then the coatl not catching its breath. "On behalf of my brothers, I give my apologies."

1 2