Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shojo recs
1 2
Hey everyone! I've recently had the urge to read some shojo manga but I have no idea what to read. So that's why I'm coming to you guys!
Personally my favorite mangas are Otomen, Emma, Nana, Paradise Kiss, Host Club, and pmuch every magical girl series (especially Sailor Moon and Shugo Chara)
I'm also a super sucker for over use of sparkles and lace tbh (it's not a shojo without sparkles and lace in my opinion lmao)
So uh yeah! Send me some rec my way!
Hey everyone! I've recently had the urge to read some shojo manga but I have no idea what to read. So that's why I'm coming to you guys!
Personally my favorite mangas are Otomen, Emma, Nana, Paradise Kiss, Host Club, and pmuch every magical girl series (especially Sailor Moon and Shugo Chara)
I'm also a super sucker for over use of sparkles and lace tbh (it's not a shojo without sparkles and lace in my opinion lmao)
So uh yeah! Send me some rec my way!
Sw5PKWg.gif
please guys?
please guys?
Sw5PKWg.gif
@may1325

Admittedly a lot of the Shojo I read isn't very sparkly or lacy (then again, it's been a while since I've read some of these, so maybe they are :p),

But maybe try;

Yumeiro Patissiere it's about making sweets don't read when hungry will regret

Ore Monogatari!!

Beauty Pop

Skip Beat!

Dengeki Daisy

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Akatsuki no Yona (It's not the sparkly, magical, romance-heavy kind that Shojo usually brings to mind, but it's awesome, 10/10 totally recommend)

Nukoduke is, apparently, a Shojo and it's super adorable.

Oresama Teacher

Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume

Koisuru Harinezumi

Love So Life

Issho ni Neyou yo

Ok, I think that's all I got =v=
@may1325

Admittedly a lot of the Shojo I read isn't very sparkly or lacy (then again, it's been a while since I've read some of these, so maybe they are :p),

But maybe try;

Yumeiro Patissiere it's about making sweets don't read when hungry will regret

Ore Monogatari!!

Beauty Pop

Skip Beat!

Dengeki Daisy

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Akatsuki no Yona (It's not the sparkly, magical, romance-heavy kind that Shojo usually brings to mind, but it's awesome, 10/10 totally recommend)

Nukoduke is, apparently, a Shojo and it's super adorable.

Oresama Teacher

Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume

Koisuru Harinezumi

Love So Life

Issho ni Neyou yo

Ok, I think that's all I got =v=
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
@rimfaxe

I mean it's still okay if they don't have all those sparkles and stuff no problem man :D

But funny thing is that I just bought the first volume of Akatsuki no Yona and I love it so far! It's like so cool!

Also Ore Monogatari!! is one of my absolute favorite series tbh I can't believe I forgot about it lmao

But thanks for the list they all look really great especially Yumeiro Patissiere (you had me at sweets tbh)
@rimfaxe

I mean it's still okay if they don't have all those sparkles and stuff no problem man :D

But funny thing is that I just bought the first volume of Akatsuki no Yona and I love it so far! It's like so cool!

Also Ore Monogatari!! is one of my absolute favorite series tbh I can't believe I forgot about it lmao

But thanks for the list they all look really great especially Yumeiro Patissiere (you had me at sweets tbh)
Sw5PKWg.gif
@may1325 Most of the ones that I would recommend Rimfaxe already has covered but I would also recommend Mizutama Honey Boy. It's a comedy/romance shoujo between a masculine girl and a feminine boy. It's super funny and chapters for it are actively being released. :D [img]http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/b/4/mizutama-honey-boy-1-4-comic-set-ike-junko-shojo-manga-japanese-7d7a00bfee00eb817a1f8720cb6ab8b8.jpg[/img][img]http://s4.mangareader.net/cover/mizutama-honey-boy/mizutama-honey-boy-l0.jpg[/img] Edit: OMG How could I forget about Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge AKA The Wallflower! It is another romance/comedy shoujo about a group of beautiful boys that are tasked with turning their landlady's niece into a perfect lady.. except she is the total opposite- she loves darkness, horror, and grotesque stuff. I looove this series and it has an anime too! [img]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk190/chibi_mizu/1_936815016l1-1.jpg[/img]
@may1325

Most of the ones that I would recommend Rimfaxe already has covered but I would also recommend Mizutama Honey Boy. It's a comedy/romance shoujo between a masculine girl and a feminine boy. It's super funny and chapters for it are actively being released. :D

mizutama-honey-boy-1-4-comic-set-ike-junko-shojo-manga-japanese-7d7a00bfee00eb817a1f8720cb6ab8b8.jpgmizutama-honey-boy-l0.jpg

Edit: OMG How could I forget about Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge AKA The Wallflower! It is another romance/comedy shoujo about a group of beautiful boys that are tasked with turning their landlady's niece into a perfect lady.. except she is the total opposite- she loves darkness, horror, and grotesque stuff. I looove this series and it has an anime too!

1_936815016l1-1.jpg
MREQJ.gifo7Vex.gifDVr2oFl.gif aPaLdb3.png93464897.png93713490.png
@absinthy

omg mizutama honey boy sounds so much like otomen now I wanna read right now! (too bad it's getting kinda late where I am lmao)

and yamato nadeshiko shichihenge sounds so cool and unique I've never heard of a shojjo like that! gotta say you've got some great tastes!
@absinthy

omg mizutama honey boy sounds so much like otomen now I wanna read right now! (too bad it's getting kinda late where I am lmao)

and yamato nadeshiko shichihenge sounds so cool and unique I've never heard of a shojjo like that! gotta say you've got some great tastes!
Sw5PKWg.gif
@may1325

My favorite shojo is Princess Jellyfish!
@may1325

My favorite shojo is Princess Jellyfish!
Hugs? Hugs!
37132792_350.png
Hmm... I actually need more shoujo manga. Usually I just watch shoujo animes instead. I also realized that I pretty much just put all mostly reverse harem.

Of the ones I know of off the top of my head that I've heard of and liked were uh:

Hana Yori Dango
Wallflower(yamato nadeshiko shichihenge)
Honey and Clover
Vampire Knight.
Absolute Boyfriend( If you're familiar with Yuu Watase( Fushigi Yuugi) she's the manga artist for this manga as well.)
Yona of the Dawn( I've only seen the anime though.)- It's Akatasuki No Yona in Japanese.
Hmm... I actually need more shoujo manga. Usually I just watch shoujo animes instead. I also realized that I pretty much just put all mostly reverse harem.

Of the ones I know of off the top of my head that I've heard of and liked were uh:

Hana Yori Dango
Wallflower(yamato nadeshiko shichihenge)
Honey and Clover
Vampire Knight.
Absolute Boyfriend( If you're familiar with Yuu Watase( Fushigi Yuugi) she's the manga artist for this manga as well.)
Yona of the Dawn( I've only seen the anime though.)- It's Akatasuki No Yona in Japanese.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
@Mudsdale

JELLYFISH PRINCESS IS MY FAVORITE TOO OMG I ADORE THAT MANGA SO MUCH!!!

@Sedai

Well you can always take some of the recs from this form if any of them interest you ;DD

Also absolute boyfriend sounds so adorable I'm looking up where to read right now robot boyfriends are my life! And hana yori dango was actually one of the first shojo series that I've read but I only had the second volume at the library I lived near so I never got the full story OTL BUT NOW I'LL GET THE WHOLE STORY NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!
@Mudsdale

JELLYFISH PRINCESS IS MY FAVORITE TOO OMG I ADORE THAT MANGA SO MUCH!!!

@Sedai

Well you can always take some of the recs from this form if any of them interest you ;DD

Also absolute boyfriend sounds so adorable I'm looking up where to read right now robot boyfriends are my life! And hana yori dango was actually one of the first shojo series that I've read but I only had the second volume at the library I lived near so I never got the full story OTL BUT NOW I'LL GET THE WHOLE STORY NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!
Sw5PKWg.gif
If you like Paradise Kiss, I bet you'd love Nana. You could also watch The Rose of Versailles, the OG shojo. It pretty much invented the ~sparkly~ trope. Revolutionary Girl Utena is great, too.
If you like Paradise Kiss, I bet you'd love Nana. You could also watch The Rose of Versailles, the OG shojo. It pretty much invented the ~sparkly~ trope. Revolutionary Girl Utena is great, too.
evjXE.gif
1 2