Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hey!
Hey there I'm Ashton! I'm new to the game and don't know what I'm doing so any tips would be appreciated :)
Hey there I'm Ashton! I'm new to the game and don't know what I'm doing so any tips would be appreciated :)
@instantnoodles Hiya! Welcome to Flight Rising! :D If you need any help, feel free to send me a message, I'll be glad to assist you with anything. You can also visit the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help]Help Center[/url] forums, or the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde]Guides[/url] forums. Your Flight's forum may also have a newbie guide available for you :) Here's a few tips: [list][*] Don't exalt your progens (the first dragons you received when you first joined). Since they're first generation, they have great breeding potential! You also may regret it in the future, since they could be special to you :) (If you happen to ever accidentally exalt them, contact support! They can possibly get it back for you) [*]Save up treasure for when your Flight is in dominance! You'll get discounts at the Marketplace and when expanding your lair, plus a lot of other nice bonuses. [*]Visit the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf]Raffles[/url] forum or the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz]Dragons for Sale[/url] forum, there are a lot of giveaways and raffles for free or inexpensive dragons for newbies! :D [*]Make sure to use all your Gathering turns and keep your dragons well fed! You get bonuses for well fed dragons, such as free gems. So always make sure you're stocked with plenty of food for them! :) Hope you're enjoying the game so far!
@instantnoodles

Hiya! Welcome to Flight Rising! :D

If you need any help, feel free to send me a message, I'll be glad to assist you with anything. You can also visit the Help Center forums, or the Guides forums. Your Flight's forum may also have a newbie guide available for you :)

Here's a few tips:
  • Don't exalt your progens (the first dragons you received when you first joined). Since they're first generation, they have great breeding potential! You also may regret it in the future, since they could be special to you :) (If you happen to ever accidentally exalt them, contact support! They can possibly get it back for you)
  • Save up treasure for when your Flight is in dominance! You'll get discounts at the Marketplace and when expanding your lair, plus a lot of other nice bonuses.
  • Visit the Raffles forum or the Dragons for Sale forum, there are a lot of giveaways and raffles for free or inexpensive dragons for newbies! :D
  • Make sure to use all your Gathering turns and keep your dragons well fed! You get bonuses for well fed dragons, such as free gems. So always make sure you're stocked with plenty of food for them! :)

Hope you're enjoying the game so far!
| Dragons for sale! Check profile for more info! |
tumblr_oerbmpDbqt1tpjfvfo3_r2_100.gif
Lumin | Tumblr | DeviantART
@luminositea thank you for all the helpful tips I am really enjoying the game so far! If you don't mind me asking what is special about first generation dragons? And what do you mean by great breeding potential?
@luminositea thank you for all the helpful tips I am really enjoying the game so far! If you don't mind me asking what is special about first generation dragons? And what do you mean by great breeding potential?
@Instantnoodles First gens: You can only get first gens from getting eggs. They are the most valuable generation. Great Breeding Potential: The lower your generation number is, the more valuable it is. A 2nd gen Fae would probably be more valuable than a 10th Fae. Also, I have some tips of my own: Some gene combos are worth more than others. One of the biggest example is the Pet/Butt/Glim combo below. This combo would be worth more than say, Basic/Seraph/Crackle. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=8&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=27&auth=cfc40c6602c120731c09172a571b5c740eb5ee31&dummyext=prev.png[/img] pet/butt/glim (Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=8&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=6&winggene=5&wings=27&auth=00a554ce624f22b984cf03ddb51839985735a5cb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (Basic/Seraph/Crackle) Btw, Save up on gems as much as you can. They are harder to get in large numbers than treasure! I only use mine for stuff like sniping a pretty dragon.
@Instantnoodles

First gens: You can only get first gens from getting eggs. They are the most valuable generation.

Great Breeding Potential: The lower your generation number is, the more valuable it is. A 2nd gen Fae would probably be more valuable than a 10th Fae.

Also, I have some tips of my own:

Some gene combos are worth more than others. One of the biggest example is the Pet/Butt/Glim combo below. This combo would be worth more than say, Basic/Seraph/Crackle.

dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=13&breed=11&element=8&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=27&auth=cfc40c6602c120731c09172a571b5c740eb5ee31&dummyext=prev.png pet/butt/glim (Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer)

dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=8&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=6&winggene=5&wings=27&auth=00a554ce624f22b984cf03ddb51839985735a5cb&dummyext=prev.png (Basic/Seraph/Crackle)

Btw, Save up on gems as much as you can. They are harder to get in large numbers than treasure! I only use mine for stuff like sniping a pretty dragon.
34615926.png

"I shall find what I seek in the books of 'yore."
@instantnoodles

First gens have no parents, so they either come from eggs or from your progens. Since dragons cannot breed within I believe 5 generations of each other, this means that a first gen can breed with pretty much any dragon except for their offspring, and then 4 generations after. You'd be surprised how many people purchase a dragon to be a breeding partner of one of their own, just to find out they're somehow related and can't breed :p
@instantnoodles

First gens have no parents, so they either come from eggs or from your progens. Since dragons cannot breed within I believe 5 generations of each other, this means that a first gen can breed with pretty much any dragon except for their offspring, and then 4 generations after. You'd be surprised how many people purchase a dragon to be a breeding partner of one of their own, just to find out they're somehow related and can't breed :p
| Dragons for sale! Check profile for more info! |
tumblr_oerbmpDbqt1tpjfvfo3_r2_100.gif
Lumin | Tumblr | DeviantART
@instantnoodles
Hello and welcome! I'm Wetdog! If you have any questions, just ask me!
@instantnoodles
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
@instantnoodles
@instantnoodles
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
@NeonPixelDragon wow ok thanks for the tips and for answering my questions!
@NeonPixelDragon wow ok thanks for the tips and for answering my questions!
@Luminositea Ok thank you!
@Luminositea Ok thank you!
@wetdog15 Hi Wetdog! Thank you
@wetdog15 Hi Wetdog! Thank you