Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A New Order - Nuzlocke
The Rules
1. You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.)
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.

Personal Additions
1. Upon reaching level 25, the dragon is considered on The Council. Council members cannot go to the coli. Once there are ten members rules involving exalting will be applied, not sure how I want to deal with it yet, if I ever have to.
2. If a dragon ever reaches zero hunger it must be exalted.
3. Dragon donations are accepted.

More rules may be applied later as story dictates.
The Rules
1. You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.)
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.

Personal Additions
1. Upon reaching level 25, the dragon is considered on The Council. Council members cannot go to the coli. Once there are ten members rules involving exalting will be applied, not sure how I want to deal with it yet, if I ever have to.
2. If a dragon ever reaches zero hunger it must be exalted.
3. Dragon donations are accepted.

More rules may be applied later as story dictates.
I'm a muffin on the edge!
[b]Clan Members[/b] [b]Cinder - Clan Leader[/b] Mate: Paradise [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23441758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234418/23441758_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Paradise - Second in Command[/b] Mate: Cinder [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23341123] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/233412/23341123_350.png[/img] [/url] [b] Harmony[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27112778] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/271128/27112778_350.png[/img] [/url]
Clan Members

Cinder - Clan Leader

Mate: Paradise

23441758_350.png

Paradise - Second in Command

Mate: Cinder

23341123_350.png

Harmony

27112778_350.png
The Graveyard
The Graveyard
The Premise

Upon returning home to her clan she finds the grounds left in ruins and everyone dead. She's sure a neighboring clan has come along and exacted a revenge on her child-stealing mother, and only hopes a few of her dearest family made it out alive. All she has now is her mate, a small clutch of eggs, a small hatchling, and the will to rebuild a clan better than the one that came before her.
The Premise

Upon returning home to her clan she finds the grounds left in ruins and everyone dead. She's sure a neighboring clan has come along and exacted a revenge on her child-stealing mother, and only hopes a few of her dearest family made it out alive. All she has now is her mate, a small clutch of eggs, a small hatchling, and the will to rebuild a clan better than the one that came before her.
A Grim Return

Cinder looked bleakly over the edge of the hill, over the ruin beneath them. The Wastelands was already uninviting enough as it was, and the dark sight in front of them didn't help. She had already been apprehensive about bringing her mate back to her home. She had met him on her travels, and in the whirlwind of life she found herself in love with the gentle Tundra. She had not wanted to bring him back here almost at all. The Wasteland was dark and bleak, she wasn't even a creature of it. He wanted to come back with her, however, much to her surprise.

He was the only high point of her journey. She had gone in search of her siblings, only to realize they did not wish to be found. Her mother had taken her at a young age, and she was well aware of that. Maari's clan was built on the theft of others' children. Cinder didn't particularly agree with the practice, but she had had a good life nonetheless. It was apparent now, however, that it had finally caught up with her.

"If you want to leave I don't blame you." Cinder said softly, looking over to the brightly coloured Tundra. The two eggs rested on his back caught her eye. What a tired, awful time to have eggs to look after.

"No," he said, a gentle paw settling over her own claws reassuringly. He tried to smile.

"This is my home." Cinder stated, looking to him sadly. "It hurts to see it like this. Maybe... Maybe we could start our own life here. Rebuild. Make it as beautiful as it can be. We're the ones to do it."

Paradise chuckled softly. He didn't have anywhere to go either, and would not leave Cinder alone. She was ambitious, and he was a creature that had nothing else for him.

"We'll do it then. Our own clan."

A few days later and the couple had set up one of the dens to be halfway usable, somewhere their eggs were safe from the elements. Getting the area in shape would take a lot of time, and it was just the two of them. It was on the third day Cinder heard cries from one of the collapsed dens. She immediately felt panic rising up her spine.

She ran towards the den, frantically pulling at the timber that had filed the den opening. Perhaps it was her faint hope someone she knew would still be here and alive, or maybe it was her motherly instincts kicking in a bit early. She finally got enough of the timber away from the opening to peek her head in, seeing the small hatchling inside. She cooed gently, reaching a claw in and scruffing the little Guardian child, pulling her out from the rubble underneath.

She coddled the small, crying thing in her arms, sat back on her haunches. The little creature clung to her tightly, as Paradise rushed towards them.

"Is it okay?" He asked frantically, putting a paw on Cinder's shoulder. She nodded.

"Yes. She is." She said with a sigh, stroking the tiny dragon's forehead. "What a blessing she will be."

{{Sorry for the awkward writing. I had this idea in my head on how to start this, but no matter how I re-write it I can't get it to sound right. I'm not really a writer to start with, I just enjoy telling stories so... hopefully this will get better? Anyway. I love character building so I hope this gets better. Meh.}}
A Grim Return

Cinder looked bleakly over the edge of the hill, over the ruin beneath them. The Wastelands was already uninviting enough as it was, and the dark sight in front of them didn't help. She had already been apprehensive about bringing her mate back to her home. She had met him on her travels, and in the whirlwind of life she found herself in love with the gentle Tundra. She had not wanted to bring him back here almost at all. The Wasteland was dark and bleak, she wasn't even a creature of it. He wanted to come back with her, however, much to her surprise.

He was the only high point of her journey. She had gone in search of her siblings, only to realize they did not wish to be found. Her mother had taken her at a young age, and she was well aware of that. Maari's clan was built on the theft of others' children. Cinder didn't particularly agree with the practice, but she had had a good life nonetheless. It was apparent now, however, that it had finally caught up with her.

"If you want to leave I don't blame you." Cinder said softly, looking over to the brightly coloured Tundra. The two eggs rested on his back caught her eye. What a tired, awful time to have eggs to look after.

"No," he said, a gentle paw settling over her own claws reassuringly. He tried to smile.

"This is my home." Cinder stated, looking to him sadly. "It hurts to see it like this. Maybe... Maybe we could start our own life here. Rebuild. Make it as beautiful as it can be. We're the ones to do it."

Paradise chuckled softly. He didn't have anywhere to go either, and would not leave Cinder alone. She was ambitious, and he was a creature that had nothing else for him.

"We'll do it then. Our own clan."

A few days later and the couple had set up one of the dens to be halfway usable, somewhere their eggs were safe from the elements. Getting the area in shape would take a lot of time, and it was just the two of them. It was on the third day Cinder heard cries from one of the collapsed dens. She immediately felt panic rising up her spine.

She ran towards the den, frantically pulling at the timber that had filed the den opening. Perhaps it was her faint hope someone she knew would still be here and alive, or maybe it was her motherly instincts kicking in a bit early. She finally got enough of the timber away from the opening to peek her head in, seeing the small hatchling inside. She cooed gently, reaching a claw in and scruffing the little Guardian child, pulling her out from the rubble underneath.

She coddled the small, crying thing in her arms, sat back on her haunches. The little creature clung to her tightly, as Paradise rushed towards them.

"Is it okay?" He asked frantically, putting a paw on Cinder's shoulder. She nodded.

"Yes. She is." She said with a sigh, stroking the tiny dragon's forehead. "What a blessing she will be."

{{Sorry for the awkward writing. I had this idea in my head on how to start this, but no matter how I re-write it I can't get it to sound right. I'm not really a writer to start with, I just enjoy telling stories so... hopefully this will get better? Anyway. I love character building so I hope this gets better. Meh.}}