Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Vinesauce ROM corruptor issues
I wanna corrupt pokemon yellow so badly but i have strange problems with that. So first i'm using the newest corruptor because the old one have strangely too big resolution and i can't change that. Corrupting roms is not working. I don't remember where i did get them but they are 100% working .gba and .gb roms. And what happens when i'm trying corrupt file nothing happens. My emulator is Visual Boy Advance and it is also working one. File in case of pkmn yellow it loads game normally without any corruption. I've tried with pkmn fire red but it doesn't wanna even load.

I've also tried another corruptors but one Volcanion or something like that is not working at all and BizHawk... well i did not even installed it because i don't know how.
I wanna corrupt pokemon yellow so badly but i have strange problems with that. So first i'm using the newest corruptor because the old one have strangely too big resolution and i can't change that. Corrupting roms is not working. I don't remember where i did get them but they are 100% working .gba and .gb roms. And what happens when i'm trying corrupt file nothing happens. My emulator is Visual Boy Advance and it is also working one. File in case of pkmn yellow it loads game normally without any corruption. I've tried with pkmn fire red but it doesn't wanna even load.

I've also tried another corruptors but one Volcanion or something like that is not working at all and BizHawk... well i did not even installed it because i don't know how.
Bump ;__;
Bump ;__;
Bump ^
Bump ^
@Likskapa Honestly you're much better off asking somewhere else than here... like seriously this is a browser based dragon pet sim, not too many people are most likely going to have the answer to your question unless you get lucky and find someone unexpected on this site...

If you want suggestions on where else to ask I can't really give them other than maybe one of the Vinesauce Subreddit page. (Since according to your title it's related to a thing that one of the Vinesauce corruptions.)
@Likskapa Honestly you're much better off asking somewhere else than here... like seriously this is a browser based dragon pet sim, not too many people are most likely going to have the answer to your question unless you get lucky and find someone unexpected on this site...

If you want suggestions on where else to ask I can't really give them other than maybe one of the Vinesauce Subreddit page. (Since according to your title it's related to a thing that one of the Vinesauce corruptions.)
@Shoey

I'm sorry about that. I just feel here more "safe" than in another websites.
@Shoey

I'm sorry about that. I just feel here more "safe" than in another websites.
@DeamonElementia can you help?
@DeamonElementia can you help?
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
Honestly, from my experience, maybe one in every, say, 50 different corruption attempts will actually get something. For the best experience, you actually have to look into the game's code to try and identify the best area to corrupt to have it run with some actual corruption. You can google up some General Sweet Spots based on the system you're trying to corrupt, and a list of what usually can be corrupted safely for some systems. I do remember certain game genres are more or less agreeable with the process.

Super Mario Bros for the NES emulator is a pretty good testing grounds for the corrupter. I still remember Qario and his trip to the moon in a single jump.
Honestly, from my experience, maybe one in every, say, 50 different corruption attempts will actually get something. For the best experience, you actually have to look into the game's code to try and identify the best area to corrupt to have it run with some actual corruption. You can google up some General Sweet Spots based on the system you're trying to corrupt, and a list of what usually can be corrupted safely for some systems. I do remember certain game genres are more or less agreeable with the process.

Super Mario Bros for the NES emulator is a pretty good testing grounds for the corrupter. I still remember Qario and his trip to the moon in a single jump.