Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Can't use Safari to play games/battle
Before the Coliseum and Faire were taken down for maintenance yesterday, I was able to use both with relative ease, aside from the bugs already present and reported by others. Since they were put back up, I am unable to load any games or the Coliseum. I saw it mentioned in two other threads that Safari might or might not be supporting the games.

It did before, so now I'm confused....am I going to have to download a new browser just to play games and battle?
Before the Coliseum and Faire were taken down for maintenance yesterday, I was able to use both with relative ease, aside from the bugs already present and reported by others. Since they were put back up, I am unable to load any games or the Coliseum. I saw it mentioned in two other threads that Safari might or might not be supporting the games.

It did before, so now I'm confused....am I going to have to download a new browser just to play games and battle?
bHeX9bv.png
Update: I downloaded Chrome to check. Sure enough. the Faire games work. Going to check the Coliseum next.

However, I really do not want to have to keep a separate browser available on my laptop for the sole purpose of earning treasure on FR. Has anyone else reported this problem, and/or has a tech/admin noticed?
Update: I downloaded Chrome to check. Sure enough. the Faire games work. Going to check the Coliseum next.

However, I really do not want to have to keep a separate browser available on my laptop for the sole purpose of earning treasure on FR. Has anyone else reported this problem, and/or has a tech/admin noticed?
bHeX9bv.png
Summoning @Thrage
Summoning @Thrage
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering
Update: Coliseum pages load, at least, though I couldn't get past the 'chose your arena' page.

Still nothing on Safari.

Also, thank you, @Akiri
Update: Coliseum pages load, at least, though I couldn't get past the 'chose your arena' page.

Still nothing on Safari.

Also, thank you, @Akiri
bHeX9bv.png
The goal is 100% compatibility with all html5 compliant browsers, definitely. Safari and Opera in particular honestly don't receive a lot of testing, which is my bad. I personally find Chrome to be an excellent browser and would recommend it to anyone over anything, but I understand wanting to stick with what you like. Optimization is at the forefront of my goals for tonight in particular, so hopefully within the next few days/weeks you'll see a boost in performance on non-Chrome browsers. Stay tuned!
The goal is 100% compatibility with all html5 compliant browsers, definitely. Safari and Opera in particular honestly don't receive a lot of testing, which is my bad. I personally find Chrome to be an excellent browser and would recommend it to anyone over anything, but I understand wanting to stick with what you like. Optimization is at the forefront of my goals for tonight in particular, so hopefully within the next few days/weeks you'll see a boost in performance on non-Chrome browsers. Stay tuned!
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫
Thank you. I find Chrome aesthetically displeasing and much less friendly than Safari, but also prefer it because I have other apple products and like the compatibility across them. I can use Chrome for FR for now, but keeping a browser for the sole purpose of playing games on a single website is just silly in the long-term.

Thanks for looking into it!
Thank you. I find Chrome aesthetically displeasing and much less friendly than Safari, but also prefer it because I have other apple products and like the compatibility across them. I can use Chrome for FR for now, but keeping a browser for the sole purpose of playing games on a single website is just silly in the long-term.

Thanks for looking into it!
bHeX9bv.png
Safari is working fine for me. i dont have any extensions or fanciness aside from adblocker (i put flightrising on the exclusion list ;)) i did have a time where the games lagged really bad and booted me off the website so i deleted the cookies, cache and whatever else there is that safari was holding on to and it fixed it. maybe try that? your problem is different but it might still help :O
Safari is working fine for me. i dont have any extensions or fanciness aside from adblocker (i put flightrising on the exclusion list ;)) i did have a time where the games lagged really bad and booted me off the website so i deleted the cookies, cache and whatever else there is that safari was holding on to and it fixed it. maybe try that? your problem is different but it might still help :O
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png