Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Murder Mystery Theater
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23
Zarya, if anything, looked more amused at Solanine's reaction. "I was here to talk to Veladin about a new project," she explained briefly. "There appeared to be some sort of...miscommunication, and I wanted to clear the air dragon to dragon. " She cast a look briefly at the covered corpse. "Obviously, it seems my plans were for naught."
Zarya, if anything, looked more amused at Solanine's reaction. "I was here to talk to Veladin about a new project," she explained briefly. "There appeared to be some sort of...miscommunication, and I wanted to clear the air dragon to dragon. " She cast a look briefly at the covered corpse. "Obviously, it seems my plans were for naught."
Epithumia was no knight-in-shining-armor, but he didn't like the tone that Inti had taken with Midorinade anymore than she had. "We're trapped in a room with a dead body, in case you'd forgotten," he said. "I think it's only natural anybody wouldn't want to be here."

In fact, it was kind of weird that the electrician was so calm about everything, wasn't it? He was supposed to be here looking for the source of an electrical interference, but even after stumbling upon a body in what was increasingly looking to be a crime scene, he wasn't at all shaken. No matter how you looked at it, that was weird.

"Something smells fishy with that one," Epithumia muttered underneath his breath, unconsciously echoing Zephyran's opinion. And then he noticed Midorinade clutching at her bandaged arm. "Are you alright?" he asked. Was she hurt beneath those bandages?
Epithumia was no knight-in-shining-armor, but he didn't like the tone that Inti had taken with Midorinade anymore than she had. "We're trapped in a room with a dead body, in case you'd forgotten," he said. "I think it's only natural anybody wouldn't want to be here."

In fact, it was kind of weird that the electrician was so calm about everything, wasn't it? He was supposed to be here looking for the source of an electrical interference, but even after stumbling upon a body in what was increasingly looking to be a crime scene, he wasn't at all shaken. No matter how you looked at it, that was weird.

"Something smells fishy with that one," Epithumia muttered underneath his breath, unconsciously echoing Zephyran's opinion. And then he noticed Midorinade clutching at her bandaged arm. "Are you alright?" he asked. Was she hurt beneath those bandages?
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
Solanine was puzzled. Oh, he knew some about the project Zarya was talking about--the one with the new ore. He'd been trying to find out more information for her from Veladin about it all week, after all. But he wasn't sure why she was talking about it so obliquely.

"Uhm. About that. There's uhm." Crap. He couldn't talk about this around Orkan. Or anybody for that matter. Solanine tried not to twitch nervously, but it was hard for a Spiral with too much pent-up energy and the sudden reminder that he had something on him he wasn't supposed to. "We should talk sometime!" Solanine suggested. This didn't sound at all suspicious, considering they were talking right then.
Solanine was puzzled. Oh, he knew some about the project Zarya was talking about--the one with the new ore. He'd been trying to find out more information for her from Veladin about it all week, after all. But he wasn't sure why she was talking about it so obliquely.

"Uhm. About that. There's uhm." Crap. He couldn't talk about this around Orkan. Or anybody for that matter. Solanine tried not to twitch nervously, but it was hard for a Spiral with too much pent-up energy and the sudden reminder that he had something on him he wasn't supposed to. "We should talk sometime!" Solanine suggested. This didn't sound at all suspicious, considering they were talking right then.
((Umber isn't carrying anything out of the ordinary, just normal security guard things. Which, now that I think about it, probably include a flashlight or item with similar purpose. I guess that would've come in handy in the blackout.))

Umber searched Sunstreak once the Skydancer had finished. He moved as quickly, efficiently and covertly as possible given the circumstances. It helped that these sort of searches were part of his job.

((Likewise let me know if Sunstreak is carrying anything of interest.))
((Umber isn't carrying anything out of the ordinary, just normal security guard things. Which, now that I think about it, probably include a flashlight or item with similar purpose. I guess that would've come in handy in the blackout.))

Umber searched Sunstreak once the Skydancer had finished. He moved as quickly, efficiently and covertly as possible given the circumstances. It helped that these sort of searches were part of his job.

((Likewise let me know if Sunstreak is carrying anything of interest.))
Zarya cocked her head at the sudden outburst, clicking her back talons against the floor. "Yes, it would be better to talk after all this unpleasant business is concluded," she replied. "For now, perhaps we should start searching for something that might lead us to discovering who killed Veladin. Anything to get out of here faster."
Zarya cocked her head at the sudden outburst, clicking her back talons against the floor. "Yes, it would be better to talk after all this unpleasant business is concluded," she replied. "For now, perhaps we should start searching for something that might lead us to discovering who killed Veladin. Anything to get out of here faster."
Oh...This could be bad, Orkan thought as he saw Zarya come by. She seemed to know Solanine though, as she hadn't said a word to him yet. But why was Solanine so...twitchy right now? And his sudden suggestion reeked of suspicion. Something was up here. Except...
Maybe I shouldn't delve into this too much...There's still...I don't know if she knows about that, but I'd rather not risk it. With this in mind, he stayed back a little, out of the way of their conversation. Sitting down, he waited to see if Zarya would engage him in conversation as well. The ore... He'd just have to hope Zarya wouldn't see it, quickly and deftly slipping it under a pile of rags on the floor.

(Sorry about the double post, I lagged a bit.)
Oh...This could be bad, Orkan thought as he saw Zarya come by. She seemed to know Solanine though, as she hadn't said a word to him yet. But why was Solanine so...twitchy right now? And his sudden suggestion reeked of suspicion. Something was up here. Except...
Maybe I shouldn't delve into this too much...There's still...I don't know if she knows about that, but I'd rather not risk it. With this in mind, he stayed back a little, out of the way of their conversation. Sitting down, he waited to see if Zarya would engage him in conversation as well. The ore... He'd just have to hope Zarya wouldn't see it, quickly and deftly slipping it under a pile of rags on the floor.

(Sorry about the double post, I lagged a bit.)
JWlblI8.png
Midorinade nodded slowly in acknowledgement of Epithumia's assessment of Inti, her eyes narrowing slightly. "He's too calm. I simply don't understand why he'd be perturbed about the fact that I want to get out of here. Has no-one else realised that we're likely trapped here with a violent murderer? An enclosed space with bad lights, a corpse, and a killer. Why wouldn't any of us want to leave?" 

Despite her growing frustration, she managed to keep her voice level and soft - only for Epithumia's ears. "Rather convenient for him, that any blood splatter would not show up on his skin." 

As if realising something, she winced, closing her eyes. 

"Forgive me - I'm becoming paranoid. I don't want to accuse anyone, but...the fact remains that one of us took Veladin's life, and I'd rather not join him." 

The enquiry about her arm surprised her, and she winced again, claws wrapping around the area. "Old coliseum injury. I fought a lot in my youth, both in and out of it, and ...well. The lifestyle left it's mark." 

Smiling sardonically, she lifted her arms and displayed the dark green wraps tied tightly around both her forearms. "These aren't just a fashion statement, you know."
Midorinade nodded slowly in acknowledgement of Epithumia's assessment of Inti, her eyes narrowing slightly. "He's too calm. I simply don't understand why he'd be perturbed about the fact that I want to get out of here. Has no-one else realised that we're likely trapped here with a violent murderer? An enclosed space with bad lights, a corpse, and a killer. Why wouldn't any of us want to leave?" 

Despite her growing frustration, she managed to keep her voice level and soft - only for Epithumia's ears. "Rather convenient for him, that any blood splatter would not show up on his skin." 

As if realising something, she winced, closing her eyes. 

"Forgive me - I'm becoming paranoid. I don't want to accuse anyone, but...the fact remains that one of us took Veladin's life, and I'd rather not join him." 

The enquiry about her arm surprised her, and she winced again, claws wrapping around the area. "Old coliseum injury. I fought a lot in my youth, both in and out of it, and ...well. The lifestyle left it's mark." 

Smiling sardonically, she lifted her arms and displayed the dark green wraps tied tightly around both her forearms. "These aren't just a fashion statement, you know."
lightning_banner.png
Satisfied that there was nothing of interest on him--only a can of mace and a small flashlight with... dead batteries, it would seem--Sunstreak held still for Umber's inspection.

(( Umber will find nothing of interest on Sunstreak, just a few gold coins and some old receipts from the cafeteria downstairs. ))
Satisfied that there was nothing of interest on him--only a can of mace and a small flashlight with... dead batteries, it would seem--Sunstreak held still for Umber's inspection.

(( Umber will find nothing of interest on Sunstreak, just a few gold coins and some old receipts from the cafeteria downstairs. ))
Solanine relaxed a little when Zarya agreed to talk with him later. He made a note not to forget--it was really important. He cocked his head to the side. "You think the murder weapon would still be here? Don't they usually get rid of them in the dramas?" Maybe that was what was breaking the elevators--some kind of... huge... pole... thingie, blocking the carriages. Aside from being a gossip, Solanine was a bit of a silly dragon.
Solanine relaxed a little when Zarya agreed to talk with him later. He made a note not to forget--it was really important. He cocked his head to the side. "You think the murder weapon would still be here? Don't they usually get rid of them in the dramas?" Maybe that was what was breaking the elevators--some kind of... huge... pole... thingie, blocking the carriages. Aside from being a gossip, Solanine was a bit of a silly dragon.
Epithumia's eyes widened as he considered the implications of her words. "Well... blood comes out bright to begin with, but it dries brown. By now, we'd be able to see something like that." I think. Unless he found a way or a time to wash it off.

But even if the electrician seemed a possible candidate because of his cold attitud, what reason could the electrician have for killing Veladin, though? He needed more time to think it through.

"I'm sure none of us will have that kind of misfortune, ma'am. Although if your wound is bothering you, maybe I can take a look at it. Even old wounds can sometimes be treated."
Epithumia's eyes widened as he considered the implications of her words. "Well... blood comes out bright to begin with, but it dries brown. By now, we'd be able to see something like that." I think. Unless he found a way or a time to wash it off.

But even if the electrician seemed a possible candidate because of his cold attitud, what reason could the electrician have for killing Veladin, though? He needed more time to think it through.

"I'm sure none of us will have that kind of misfortune, ma'am. Although if your wound is bothering you, maybe I can take a look at it. Even old wounds can sometimes be treated."
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23