Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Roll20 Tabletop DMs Out Here?
My first post outside of the introduction thing!
Does anyone here run things like Pathfinder or D&D 5e on roll20? A friend and I would love to join such a game, especially if it's homebrew!

To pad out this post, I will share some about me as I tend to play characters. Don't let me captain ships. I tend to make them very wrecked. I also tend to be impulsive, but I really love more fluff over mechanics, but mechanics really do help make it fun! I love being able to talk out of scenarios rather than simply killing everything in sight, since sometimes it's fun to be more persuasive or intimidating! I'm not necessarily inventive, but I like trying to be!

Ummm... I'm at soup!
My first post outside of the introduction thing!
Does anyone here run things like Pathfinder or D&D 5e on roll20? A friend and I would love to join such a game, especially if it's homebrew!

To pad out this post, I will share some about me as I tend to play characters. Don't let me captain ships. I tend to make them very wrecked. I also tend to be impulsive, but I really love more fluff over mechanics, but mechanics really do help make it fun! I love being able to talk out of scenarios rather than simply killing everything in sight, since sometimes it's fun to be more persuasive or intimidating! I'm not necessarily inventive, but I like trying to be!

Ummm... I'm at soup!
@TriggerDragon i run a longstanding game of werewolf: the apocalypse (20th anniversary rules), if that's your thing! i know there are a couple other GMs around for other games, though, so consider this a signal boost c:
@TriggerDragon i run a longstanding game of werewolf: the apocalypse (20th anniversary rules), if that's your thing! i know there are a couple other GMs around for other games, though, so consider this a signal boost c:
znUq0Ui.gifnwRXuBh.gif7NtoXsU.gif
@Khelidon I think I've heard of it! My friend I think knows more about it, but aesthetically it's totally our thing!
I'm honestly still inexperienced with all of this since every game I've played so far only goes so into things before issues like life and/or player interests waning end said games.
Thank you for the reply! Feel free to elaborate if you like!
@Khelidon I think I've heard of it! My friend I think knows more about it, but aesthetically it's totally our thing!
I'm honestly still inexperienced with all of this since every game I've played so far only goes so into things before issues like life and/or player interests waning end said games.
Thank you for the reply! Feel free to elaborate if you like!
@TriggerDragon i'm happy to elaborate! my wta game is now in its tenth month; we have four players currently (started with six, one dropped out due to time constraints and another just disappeared, which is unfortunately common for games) and play on saturdays from 10am to 1pm at gmt+10 (i believe this is somewhere around 10pm-12am ish for american players; two of our players are in the uk and two are in the us but i am australian). i would be willing to open up slots for you and your friend, but would of course have to discuss it with the players: not a problem, since we play tomorrow morning c:

hmm what else?? we use 20th anniversary rules, defaulting back to revised when necessary for things like tribal rites, and are roleplay-heavy. our current character troupe consists of two werewolves, a werefox, and a werecrocodile. i generally mandate that players new to w:ta play werewolves only, with some tribe and breed restrictions. we are text-only, pretty literate (most of us are grad students), and use dice rolls only when necessary. if that sounds like your thing hit me up via pm! i'll link you to my roll20 profile from there.
@TriggerDragon i'm happy to elaborate! my wta game is now in its tenth month; we have four players currently (started with six, one dropped out due to time constraints and another just disappeared, which is unfortunately common for games) and play on saturdays from 10am to 1pm at gmt+10 (i believe this is somewhere around 10pm-12am ish for american players; two of our players are in the uk and two are in the us but i am australian). i would be willing to open up slots for you and your friend, but would of course have to discuss it with the players: not a problem, since we play tomorrow morning c:

hmm what else?? we use 20th anniversary rules, defaulting back to revised when necessary for things like tribal rites, and are roleplay-heavy. our current character troupe consists of two werewolves, a werefox, and a werecrocodile. i generally mandate that players new to w:ta play werewolves only, with some tribe and breed restrictions. we are text-only, pretty literate (most of us are grad students), and use dice rolls only when necessary. if that sounds like your thing hit me up via pm! i'll link you to my roll20 profile from there.
znUq0Ui.gifnwRXuBh.gif7NtoXsU.gif
@Khelidon
I might need to spectate a game first if there's no voice. We had come to the conclusion that text only moves too slowly and draws a bit away from the game. I'll also talk to my friend about it.
@Khelidon
I might need to spectate a game first if there's no voice. We had come to the conclusion that text only moves too slowly and draws a bit away from the game. I'll also talk to my friend about it.