Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Golden Age of Pirates [RP/OPEN]
1 2
"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts.

[Note: This is my first roleplay group I am running on Flight Rising, I apologize if I am not very good or thorough about anything. I will try my best though!]

[Introduction]

1775, is the golden age of piracy, unbound and untapped potential of the sea is endless; rules and stipulations are but a long forgotten whisper in the winds, drifting through the sails in the domain of the dissident. Those who take to the sea become mighty pilfers, embezzlers at the highest cost and plumage through the unguarded and unsuspecting folk of the ocean, mounting the waves with little effort in an array of standing triumphed men and woman who are less than deplorable. Or become folks who want nothing more than a life of luxury.

Are you a captain seeking the highest fortune or perhaps to etch your name into the history itself, a perpetual tale on the lips of future generations to come? Or possibly the life you had was one that was more than misfortune, hailed from a time where you’d rather forget and escaped to the seas to forge a new life of comfort and pleasure. Maybe your reasons are more of a sinister twist, conceivably only to the likes of your plotting mind and this is nothing more than a chessboard at your pleasure; whichever the reason for you to escape, the sea welcomes all.

There are no rules in this society, keep your swords close, your wit about you, and wary of those who may bring you down and do not forget the bonds you make in the this society are bonds that may elevate you above the rest; who’s friend or foe? You decide.

[Rules]
• Please beware of the timeline; I am not expecting sheer amounts of accuracy or to be on point with history itself, I am myself will be sticking to this loosely. However, technology is limited in this period, so cell phones, laptops etc, should not be mentioned.

• Mild swearing/gore/references to drinking will be present and minor violence; if any of these subjects upset you, I’d advise not to join and look elsewhere for an RP more suitable to your tastes, in addition flirting/affection is okay, but anything more, move elsewhere.

• Literate and semi-literate is preferred; one-liners or sentences are not preferable in this setting. I am not expecting novel paragraphs and one paragraph is fine, less than that if you and your partner are running on empty, but one sentences is does not convey much.

• This is a humanoid roleplay, no dragons etc; you may use your dragon as a base for your appearance but provide the necessary details.

• This should go without saying, but respect is key, so respect everyone in this thread and I will do the same. I may be running this roleplay, but I am open to suggestions/plot ideas/recommendations you have, I will consider each one and try to incorporate said idea, if it flows into the setting and fits with what we are doing; otherwise I will politely decline.

• I am always happy to answer questions! I am not quite well adverse in history or the like; hence sticking loosely to the timeline, but I will do my best to answer any concerns.

[PINGLIST]
"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts.

[Note: This is my first roleplay group I am running on Flight Rising, I apologize if I am not very good or thorough about anything. I will try my best though!]

[Introduction]

1775, is the golden age of piracy, unbound and untapped potential of the sea is endless; rules and stipulations are but a long forgotten whisper in the winds, drifting through the sails in the domain of the dissident. Those who take to the sea become mighty pilfers, embezzlers at the highest cost and plumage through the unguarded and unsuspecting folk of the ocean, mounting the waves with little effort in an array of standing triumphed men and woman who are less than deplorable. Or become folks who want nothing more than a life of luxury.

Are you a captain seeking the highest fortune or perhaps to etch your name into the history itself, a perpetual tale on the lips of future generations to come? Or possibly the life you had was one that was more than misfortune, hailed from a time where you’d rather forget and escaped to the seas to forge a new life of comfort and pleasure. Maybe your reasons are more of a sinister twist, conceivably only to the likes of your plotting mind and this is nothing more than a chessboard at your pleasure; whichever the reason for you to escape, the sea welcomes all.

There are no rules in this society, keep your swords close, your wit about you, and wary of those who may bring you down and do not forget the bonds you make in the this society are bonds that may elevate you above the rest; who’s friend or foe? You decide.

[Rules]
• Please beware of the timeline; I am not expecting sheer amounts of accuracy or to be on point with history itself, I am myself will be sticking to this loosely. However, technology is limited in this period, so cell phones, laptops etc, should not be mentioned.

• Mild swearing/gore/references to drinking will be present and minor violence; if any of these subjects upset you, I’d advise not to join and look elsewhere for an RP more suitable to your tastes, in addition flirting/affection is okay, but anything more, move elsewhere.

• Literate and semi-literate is preferred; one-liners or sentences are not preferable in this setting. I am not expecting novel paragraphs and one paragraph is fine, less than that if you and your partner are running on empty, but one sentences is does not convey much.

• This is a humanoid roleplay, no dragons etc; you may use your dragon as a base for your appearance but provide the necessary details.

• This should go without saying, but respect is key, so respect everyone in this thread and I will do the same. I may be running this roleplay, but I am open to suggestions/plot ideas/recommendations you have, I will consider each one and try to incorporate said idea, if it flows into the setting and fits with what we are doing; otherwise I will politely decline.

• I am always happy to answer questions! I am not quite well adverse in history or the like; hence sticking loosely to the timeline, but I will do my best to answer any concerns.

[PINGLIST]
"The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
[CHARACTER CREATION]

[The Black Pearl]: Just one of the many vessels to skid through the tangling waves, smooth and rough, pillage the unsuspecting and the deserving. A mighty vessel of wood; crafted and structured together with refined hands, originating from the London docks, a vessel that was once promised to a lord, but now stolen and operated by a crew, filled with an assortment of characters and backgrounds.

[Positions of authority, only one character may fill the position]
– open to suggestions on any role to be added]

• [Ship Captain – To be added by me]

• [Sailing Master/Navigation] – As simple as the title may suggest, dealing with the navigation of the crew, directing suitable courses for the ship to take, in times of danger or finding prime locations for loot. Navigation are accountable for all maps, deducing the authenticity and legitimacy of the equipment and maps they work with; can also advise and confide in the Captain/Quartermaster about any problems on the course they are directed. [Open]

• [Boatswain] – The boatswain deals with the maintenance of the ship and all upper-deck activity; to cleaning and repairing any necessary parts for the ship to function, answering to the maintenance of the ship and ensuring said ship sails without much problem. Also deals with the sails and commanding the sails; more so in times of battle, occupied with the condition of the sails. A frequent inspector of the hull. [Open]

• [Head Cook] – The cook deals with cooking for the entire crew; preparing large meals for the quantity of men and women aboard, also deducing the condition of suitability vegetables and meat etc. [Open]

• [Quartermaster ] – An equal counterpart to the Captain itself, dealing with the personal interests of the crew, a personal confidant and upholding the duty to present the opinions and concerns of the crew. Also responsible for settling disputes internally and dealing with any quarrels or disputes, settling matters with a calm but attentive conduct. Deals with responsibility of accounting/books. [closed]

• [Head Doctor] – An important role to every individual on board; supporting and managing the health of the crew, also manages all the medical supplies and can overrule the captain in certain regards to certain crewmembers, if found to be justified and voted of the entire crew. The doctors also have a small support system of crewmembers, with the intent to assist or may possess their own expert knowledge to help. [closed]

• [Master Gunner] – A vital role in times of conflict; responsible for the cannons and ammunition of the crew, weaponry, overall stock and informing the captain or quartermaster when low.

• [Strategist] – A highly valued position; usually filled by people with a keen intellect and a natural flare for determining plans, mobilizing resources to execute necessary actions, adapt to unforeseen dangers and overall the mind behind the operations. Works alongside the Captain and Navigator closely, as well as the Quartermaster.

[Common Jobs – unspecified amount can fill these roles]

[Crew/Mates] – The most common job role on the ship; not restricted to one part or section, may assist in any area, if found suited to the role and can perform an array of tasks. The flexibility of the crew and mates is perhaps one of the most fundamental areas to support the basis of the ships overall function. Most notably cleaners, caretakers, assisters and any other jobs one may think of needing to support.

[Nurses/Herbalists] – Will usually support the head doctor, with a variety of tasks or may be assigned to be caretakers of someone who is critically ill. The definition of medicine is a broad subject, to surgeons, herbalists or those who dabble in other areas; thus, never uncommon to find a group whom skills may be entirely different or the same, another important aspect to the ship’s functionality.

[Carpenters/Fixers] – Responsible for the wellbeing of the vessel, reporting any issues/problems they see, as well as fixing the ship on a routine basis.

[Soldiers] – This role is more adhered to physically able crew members; those trained in the art of battle or have had the necessary training to keep up in the field. Other roles may include spying, thievery or assassination; performing tasks outside of the ship in order to benefit the crew and the vessel. Soldiers, unlike the rest of the common jobs, have a little authority themselves, dictating their own decisions when it comes to their own missions or the chance of refusal, advising the captain. Although the rank is given with utmost care and attentiveness, it’s a rank reserved for those who can handle it.
[CHARACTER TEMPLATE]
Name:
Role: [refer to the positions above, if no role is applicable or not on board the ship, N/A is perfectly acceptable to put]
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
History: [keep it brief or detailed; up to you!]
Other: note any weapons, any quirks or anything that is relevant to your character overall.

[CHARACTER CREATION]

[The Black Pearl]: Just one of the many vessels to skid through the tangling waves, smooth and rough, pillage the unsuspecting and the deserving. A mighty vessel of wood; crafted and structured together with refined hands, originating from the London docks, a vessel that was once promised to a lord, but now stolen and operated by a crew, filled with an assortment of characters and backgrounds.

[Positions of authority, only one character may fill the position]
– open to suggestions on any role to be added]

• [Ship Captain – To be added by me]

• [Sailing Master/Navigation] – As simple as the title may suggest, dealing with the navigation of the crew, directing suitable courses for the ship to take, in times of danger or finding prime locations for loot. Navigation are accountable for all maps, deducing the authenticity and legitimacy of the equipment and maps they work with; can also advise and confide in the Captain/Quartermaster about any problems on the course they are directed. [Open]

• [Boatswain] – The boatswain deals with the maintenance of the ship and all upper-deck activity; to cleaning and repairing any necessary parts for the ship to function, answering to the maintenance of the ship and ensuring said ship sails without much problem. Also deals with the sails and commanding the sails; more so in times of battle, occupied with the condition of the sails. A frequent inspector of the hull. [Open]

• [Head Cook] – The cook deals with cooking for the entire crew; preparing large meals for the quantity of men and women aboard, also deducing the condition of suitability vegetables and meat etc. [Open]

• [Quartermaster ] – An equal counterpart to the Captain itself, dealing with the personal interests of the crew, a personal confidant and upholding the duty to present the opinions and concerns of the crew. Also responsible for settling disputes internally and dealing with any quarrels or disputes, settling matters with a calm but attentive conduct. Deals with responsibility of accounting/books. [closed]

• [Head Doctor] – An important role to every individual on board; supporting and managing the health of the crew, also manages all the medical supplies and can overrule the captain in certain regards to certain crewmembers, if found to be justified and voted of the entire crew. The doctors also have a small support system of crewmembers, with the intent to assist or may possess their own expert knowledge to help. [closed]

• [Master Gunner] – A vital role in times of conflict; responsible for the cannons and ammunition of the crew, weaponry, overall stock and informing the captain or quartermaster when low.

• [Strategist] – A highly valued position; usually filled by people with a keen intellect and a natural flare for determining plans, mobilizing resources to execute necessary actions, adapt to unforeseen dangers and overall the mind behind the operations. Works alongside the Captain and Navigator closely, as well as the Quartermaster.

[Common Jobs – unspecified amount can fill these roles]

[Crew/Mates] – The most common job role on the ship; not restricted to one part or section, may assist in any area, if found suited to the role and can perform an array of tasks. The flexibility of the crew and mates is perhaps one of the most fundamental areas to support the basis of the ships overall function. Most notably cleaners, caretakers, assisters and any other jobs one may think of needing to support.

[Nurses/Herbalists] – Will usually support the head doctor, with a variety of tasks or may be assigned to be caretakers of someone who is critically ill. The definition of medicine is a broad subject, to surgeons, herbalists or those who dabble in other areas; thus, never uncommon to find a group whom skills may be entirely different or the same, another important aspect to the ship’s functionality.

[Carpenters/Fixers] – Responsible for the wellbeing of the vessel, reporting any issues/problems they see, as well as fixing the ship on a routine basis.

[Soldiers] – This role is more adhered to physically able crew members; those trained in the art of battle or have had the necessary training to keep up in the field. Other roles may include spying, thievery or assassination; performing tasks outside of the ship in order to benefit the crew and the vessel. Soldiers, unlike the rest of the common jobs, have a little authority themselves, dictating their own decisions when it comes to their own missions or the chance of refusal, advising the captain. Although the rank is given with utmost care and attentiveness, it’s a rank reserved for those who can handle it.
[CHARACTER TEMPLATE]
Name:
Role: [refer to the positions above, if no role is applicable or not on board the ship, N/A is perfectly acceptable to put]
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
History: [keep it brief or detailed; up to you!]
Other: note any weapons, any quirks or anything that is relevant to your character overall.

"The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
[Places of Interest –
- fictional/altered for the purpose of this roleplay.

[Portland]: An independent city ruled and besieged by the likes of piracy; one rule in Portland there are no rules, no stipulations or requisites, rules are nothing more than amusing notion over the table, clinking tankards and alcohol excessively flowing. Every corner is dominated by some sort of trouble; every merchant or business faces the wrath of the thieves, drunken patrons stumble across the streets, without a lick of sense to guide them and murder is ever more prevalent, cocking your gun is a daily sight most locals grow accustom to, even to expect from the rowdy pirates. Portland has been described as “The unforgiving City” and “The land of free men” every man or woman who steps into the boundaries of Portland is liberated from rules of the outside, but be wary when trespassing and trekking the streets, those without rules are unpredictable. Despite its rather abundant aura of no authority, a semblance of a system has managed to be maintained, an unspoken standard; bars and businesses continue to make money, and families continue to grow, almost like a traditional coastal city.

[London]: Opposite to Portland in every foreseeable way; higher-society dominate in numbers of elegance and grace, high-strung individuals with a penchant of mortality and a dash of sense, charming and benevolence permeates the air, goodwill challenges and prevails almost entirely without objection. However, corruption lurks in the cracks and fractures; whispers that flutter, rapacity and hunger wallows behind the eyes who claim to be nothing good, but undoubtedly possess the same compass as those who belong on the seas. London isn’t a safe place for pirates but may find a fortune licking the boots of the higher-society, aligning themselves with a corrupt agenda. However, despite the corruption and treatment of the lower-class, forced to work for pennies, a sense of right still lingers, attributed by those who still fight for a noble cause and kindness that is rarely seen. The royal guard are quick to secure anyone tied to the pirates, loyalty or otherwise stance that alludes to some respect/dedication to pirates, stamping down anyone whom may support or aid said pirates.

[Mermaid’s Cove]: Unlike the two aforementioned, Mermaids Cove is entirely different in practicality and functionality, with a differing structure. Instead of looming buildings, factories or houses huddled together in vastness of crumbling brick, is instead structured with various boasts, most notably pirates or merchant themselves, creating a city with boats only. A secondary Portland some might say, but Mermaids Cove is quieter and more subdued in the waters, a presence of seclusion surrounds the inner-caves and sequestered away from the rest of the world; only a few captains or crew members know the existence of Mermaids Cove. However, smaller in numbers does not negate trouble, but those in Mermaids Cove are trained captains, knowable merchants or those with an expert eye in hiding, angering anyone in Mermaids Cove is never advisable.
[Places of Interest –
- fictional/altered for the purpose of this roleplay.

[Portland]: An independent city ruled and besieged by the likes of piracy; one rule in Portland there are no rules, no stipulations or requisites, rules are nothing more than amusing notion over the table, clinking tankards and alcohol excessively flowing. Every corner is dominated by some sort of trouble; every merchant or business faces the wrath of the thieves, drunken patrons stumble across the streets, without a lick of sense to guide them and murder is ever more prevalent, cocking your gun is a daily sight most locals grow accustom to, even to expect from the rowdy pirates. Portland has been described as “The unforgiving City” and “The land of free men” every man or woman who steps into the boundaries of Portland is liberated from rules of the outside, but be wary when trespassing and trekking the streets, those without rules are unpredictable. Despite its rather abundant aura of no authority, a semblance of a system has managed to be maintained, an unspoken standard; bars and businesses continue to make money, and families continue to grow, almost like a traditional coastal city.

[London]: Opposite to Portland in every foreseeable way; higher-society dominate in numbers of elegance and grace, high-strung individuals with a penchant of mortality and a dash of sense, charming and benevolence permeates the air, goodwill challenges and prevails almost entirely without objection. However, corruption lurks in the cracks and fractures; whispers that flutter, rapacity and hunger wallows behind the eyes who claim to be nothing good, but undoubtedly possess the same compass as those who belong on the seas. London isn’t a safe place for pirates but may find a fortune licking the boots of the higher-society, aligning themselves with a corrupt agenda. However, despite the corruption and treatment of the lower-class, forced to work for pennies, a sense of right still lingers, attributed by those who still fight for a noble cause and kindness that is rarely seen. The royal guard are quick to secure anyone tied to the pirates, loyalty or otherwise stance that alludes to some respect/dedication to pirates, stamping down anyone whom may support or aid said pirates.

[Mermaid’s Cove]: Unlike the two aforementioned, Mermaids Cove is entirely different in practicality and functionality, with a differing structure. Instead of looming buildings, factories or houses huddled together in vastness of crumbling brick, is instead structured with various boasts, most notably pirates or merchant themselves, creating a city with boats only. A secondary Portland some might say, but Mermaids Cove is quieter and more subdued in the waters, a presence of seclusion surrounds the inner-caves and sequestered away from the rest of the world; only a few captains or crew members know the existence of Mermaids Cove. However, smaller in numbers does not negate trouble, but those in Mermaids Cove are trained captains, knowable merchants or those with an expert eye in hiding, angering anyone in Mermaids Cove is never advisable.
@CynicalMuffin
Name:Rene
Role: Head doctor
Appearance: Short. Regularly used as an armrest. They have red hair, green eyes, and are constantly sunburned. Their skin is either red or tanned depending on how bad their sunburn is that day.
Personality: 100% done with being an armrest. Easy to make angry. Will stab literally anyone if they need to. Likes bad jokes more than they'd like to admit, loves animals more than they love themselves. Very easy to stress out. Also very easy to scare. Once woke the entire ship up because they were jump scared by a barrel somehow. Likes to grow plants, has a small potted plant named george on their desk. Very, very sarcastic.
Skills: Good at stitching people up and administering medicine. Can run around in battle to help fix up wounded crew mates. Can make animals like them. Knows how to take care of plants. Can use a knife in a fight pretty well.
History: Tired of city life in london (and of student loans) they ran off to find a ship that needed a doctor.
Other: Always carries a knife on them. They brought a cat on the ship to help with the rat problem. Also because they found a cat and wanted it. They can handle themselves in a fight but would prefer not to have to do any fighting. Loves the rain. Hates being sunburned but they won't put on sun screen because it takes too long to do.
@CynicalMuffin
Name:Rene
Role: Head doctor
Appearance: Short. Regularly used as an armrest. They have red hair, green eyes, and are constantly sunburned. Their skin is either red or tanned depending on how bad their sunburn is that day.
Personality: 100% done with being an armrest. Easy to make angry. Will stab literally anyone if they need to. Likes bad jokes more than they'd like to admit, loves animals more than they love themselves. Very easy to stress out. Also very easy to scare. Once woke the entire ship up because they were jump scared by a barrel somehow. Likes to grow plants, has a small potted plant named george on their desk. Very, very sarcastic.
Skills: Good at stitching people up and administering medicine. Can run around in battle to help fix up wounded crew mates. Can make animals like them. Knows how to take care of plants. Can use a knife in a fight pretty well.
History: Tired of city life in london (and of student loans) they ran off to find a ship that needed a doctor.
Other: Always carries a knife on them. They brought a cat on the ship to help with the rat problem. Also because they found a cat and wanted it. They can handle themselves in a fight but would prefer not to have to do any fighting. Loves the rain. Hates being sunburned but they won't put on sun screen because it takes too long to do.
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
@CynicalMuffin
Name:Fletcher "Stigma" Langley
Role: Quartermaster
Appearance: A large(practically giant) and stocky man in his 30s. He has dark grey hair (early fade) and a short beard that he keeps trimmed at around 1 cm length, He is missing his left ear and has a scar running down the left side of his eye although his eyesight is not damaged at all. Crystal blue eyes. He also has some scars on his chest and back. Creole skinned.
Personality: He will fight fiercely for what he believes is right. He is a man who likes to enjoy what life has to offer and to the crew he always has a semi-friendly approach yet he can become extremely firm and at times scarily serious and grim. He seems to have a natural air of authority yet he is very down to earth. Loyal to a fault.
Skills: Good fighter, Peacekeeper/Bouncer, Mathematical
History: He was a former slave with a cruel master (hence the scars) when one day his master died. He was resold and bought by a man who after a year of his service set him free. Seeing his background he couldn't at all get a decent job on the mainland so he tried his luck at sea, where he worked his way up the ranks
Other: He owns a well crafted cutlass and a custom made flintlock pistol that he paid for at a blacksmiths after a few successful raids. He's a foodie and loves to eat, mainly meat. Prefers to just be called Stigma.
@CynicalMuffin
Name:Fletcher "Stigma" Langley
Role: Quartermaster
Appearance: A large(practically giant) and stocky man in his 30s. He has dark grey hair (early fade) and a short beard that he keeps trimmed at around 1 cm length, He is missing his left ear and has a scar running down the left side of his eye although his eyesight is not damaged at all. Crystal blue eyes. He also has some scars on his chest and back. Creole skinned.
Personality: He will fight fiercely for what he believes is right. He is a man who likes to enjoy what life has to offer and to the crew he always has a semi-friendly approach yet he can become extremely firm and at times scarily serious and grim. He seems to have a natural air of authority yet he is very down to earth. Loyal to a fault.
Skills: Good fighter, Peacekeeper/Bouncer, Mathematical
History: He was a former slave with a cruel master (hence the scars) when one day his master died. He was resold and bought by a man who after a year of his service set him free. Seeing his background he couldn't at all get a decent job on the mainland so he tried his luck at sea, where he worked his way up the ranks
Other: He owns a well crafted cutlass and a custom made flintlock pistol that he paid for at a blacksmiths after a few successful raids. He's a foodie and loves to eat, mainly meat. Prefers to just be called Stigma.
NLdJQtw.png
@CynicalMuffin

Name: Haythem Adams
Role: soldier
Appearance: Haythem is on the shorter side being about 5'6", though don't let this fool you. Despite his small appearance, Haythem is surprisingly strong though you could never really tell that from looking at him. His (dark brown near black) hair is rather messy thus he keeps it pulled back in a short ponytail must of the time save for a strand in the front that is too short to pull back.
Emerald green eyes stand out on his rather thin face though the stubble of a beard he has going makes it seem thicker than it is. He has a single scar vertical across his lip on the right side. Normally he wears simple clothing such as a light blue shirt and grey trousers to match but when in public he likes to clean up a bit.
Personality: After the death of his first born he has seen the world from a different veiw. His nature before was always kind and generous though now he still is kind her is also a bit selfish. He will always greet you with a warm smile or a firm hand shake yet has no trouble turning right around and killing you. Haythem is kind to his crew mates and will help in anyway he can.
Skills: For once his size and strength come in handy. Haythem is able to fit into most places, hiding himself from sight. His aim with any weapon is off, yet with a blade he can do just about anything. He is a very smart person even if he doesn't show it.
History: He started a family at a young age, too young as said by most. He and his wife lived in a small house out on the countryside for most of their marriage until tragedy struck. Just days after birth his first born parished due to a cough, the death struck both parents hard. Haythem took to a drink each night to help dull the pain some, though his wife was not so lucky. She grieved and grieved until she too died. Alone, drunk, and worthless he sat alone in his home wasting away until a friend stepped in a helped him sober up and find a job. Now he sails the seven seas with the wonderful crew he is now a part of.
Other: Haythem carries around a lock of his wife's hair, kept in his pocket. He also carries a sword, Arabian by the looks of it that was once his father's. This is his weapon of choice and will always fall back to it before he picks up a gun. After the whole dead of his whole family thing and nearly drinking himself to death, Haythem has not touched a single drink of alcohol again.
@CynicalMuffin

Name: Haythem Adams
Role: soldier
Appearance: Haythem is on the shorter side being about 5'6", though don't let this fool you. Despite his small appearance, Haythem is surprisingly strong though you could never really tell that from looking at him. His (dark brown near black) hair is rather messy thus he keeps it pulled back in a short ponytail must of the time save for a strand in the front that is too short to pull back.
Emerald green eyes stand out on his rather thin face though the stubble of a beard he has going makes it seem thicker than it is. He has a single scar vertical across his lip on the right side. Normally he wears simple clothing such as a light blue shirt and grey trousers to match but when in public he likes to clean up a bit.
Personality: After the death of his first born he has seen the world from a different veiw. His nature before was always kind and generous though now he still is kind her is also a bit selfish. He will always greet you with a warm smile or a firm hand shake yet has no trouble turning right around and killing you. Haythem is kind to his crew mates and will help in anyway he can.
Skills: For once his size and strength come in handy. Haythem is able to fit into most places, hiding himself from sight. His aim with any weapon is off, yet with a blade he can do just about anything. He is a very smart person even if he doesn't show it.
History: He started a family at a young age, too young as said by most. He and his wife lived in a small house out on the countryside for most of their marriage until tragedy struck. Just days after birth his first born parished due to a cough, the death struck both parents hard. Haythem took to a drink each night to help dull the pain some, though his wife was not so lucky. She grieved and grieved until she too died. Alone, drunk, and worthless he sat alone in his home wasting away until a friend stepped in a helped him sober up and find a job. Now he sails the seven seas with the wonderful crew he is now a part of.
Other: Haythem carries around a lock of his wife's hair, kept in his pocket. He also carries a sword, Arabian by the looks of it that was once his father's. This is his weapon of choice and will always fall back to it before he picks up a gun. After the whole dead of his whole family thing and nearly drinking himself to death, Haythem has not touched a single drink of alcohol again.
@AltairandMaria @Casiope @nearsightedcat

Such lovely characters! Wasn't expecting anyone to join today, but glad to have you all board. The RP won't be starting yet, perhaps after another joins or two.

Such lovely characters! Wasn't expecting anyone to join today, but glad to have you all board. The RP won't be starting yet, perhaps after another joins or two.
@CynicalMuffin
If no one joins soon, will we start the rp?
@CynicalMuffin
If no one joins soon, will we start the rp?
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png

I will be opening the roleplay open; I'll post a starter shortly.

I will be opening the roleplay open; I'll post a starter shortly.
@CynicalMuffin
Great!
@CynicalMuffin
Great!
1 2