Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Browser side site speed issue!
1 2
Through some oddity or another, the site stops loading after a certain number of pages; this is confimably to do with the browser; in Google chrome, clearing the cookies and 'stored data' in the Privacy Palette addon restores the site to lightning-fast speeds from a total standstill; the only downside is that I'm required to log in again.

Is this intentional or being looked into? For one, I can say it's incredibly annoying; I had to re-log four times to poke all my familiars. If this is a function intended to limit request flooding, it might need to be changed a bit. Having a high-speed internet connection, I naturally tend to go through several pages per minute. If it is unintentional, this presents a new venue of investigation, no?
Through some oddity or another, the site stops loading after a certain number of pages; this is confimably to do with the browser; in Google chrome, clearing the cookies and 'stored data' in the Privacy Palette addon restores the site to lightning-fast speeds from a total standstill; the only downside is that I'm required to log in again.

Is this intentional or being looked into? For one, I can say it's incredibly annoying; I had to re-log four times to poke all my familiars. If this is a function intended to limit request flooding, it might need to be changed a bit. Having a high-speed internet connection, I naturally tend to go through several pages per minute. If it is unintentional, this presents a new venue of investigation, no?
I'm having this issue too. I mainly use Chrome, and when that stops working I open Firefox and suddenly FR will load fine again. Not long after that, though, Firefox will stop loading FR and I have to switch back to Chrome, rinse and repeat. This started happening to me yesterday (on two different computers/internet connections as well) so I figured it might be event-related, but it's odd that the site will work again for a bit if I just switch browsers.
I'm having this issue too. I mainly use Chrome, and when that stops working I open Firefox and suddenly FR will load fine again. Not long after that, though, Firefox will stop loading FR and I have to switch back to Chrome, rinse and repeat. This started happening to me yesterday (on two different computers/internet connections as well) so I figured it might be event-related, but it's odd that the site will work again for a bit if I just switch browsers.
nature_banner.png yggdrasil.png nature_banner.png
You're not the only ones. I'm suffering this as well. To make it load again, I must close all instances of the affected browser.

It's making hitting the Coliseum and keeping an eye on the forums at the same time irritating. The Coliseum resumes working normally, too, while the rest simply won't load.

It'd be nice to have confirmation this issue is being looked into.

EDIT: It might be relevant to mention - this morning (in my timezone), there were only about 1000-1200 users online, and the issue did not seem to occur then, but is happening again now, at ~2200 users.
You're not the only ones. I'm suffering this as well. To make it load again, I must close all instances of the affected browser.

It's making hitting the Coliseum and keeping an eye on the forums at the same time irritating. The Coliseum resumes working normally, too, while the rest simply won't load.

It'd be nice to have confirmation this issue is being looked into.

EDIT: It might be relevant to mention - this morning (in my timezone), there were only about 1000-1200 users online, and the issue did not seem to occur then, but is happening again now, at ~2200 users.
DQ9DP8W.png
Update: Clearing cookies is the 'fix'. Until the next time it happens, at least. PLEASE fix our cookies FR! The more I poke at this issue, the clearer it becomes that it is an issue with the cookies; if I might hazard a guess, I would say that the login cookie duplicates itself every time a new page is loaded and eventually confuses the site enough to stop anything from loading.
Update: Clearing cookies is the 'fix'. Until the next time it happens, at least. PLEASE fix our cookies FR! The more I poke at this issue, the clearer it becomes that it is an issue with the cookies; if I might hazard a guess, I would say that the login cookie duplicates itself every time a new page is loaded and eventually confuses the site enough to stop anything from loading.
This happened to me as well. Clearing cookies helped, as Arakk said, and now the site loads fine for me again... for now. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.
This happened to me as well. Clearing cookies helped, as Arakk said, and now the site loads fine for me again... for now. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.
Please do not bump in Bugs. The devs are aware of the issue and need an accurate idea of the spread, bumping a thread creates false spread. Thank you.
Please do not bump in Bugs. The devs are aware of the issue and need an accurate idea of the spread, bumping a thread creates false spread. Thank you.
coffee. need coffee.
I've been having this issue too. Sometimes the site will just stop trying to load I've tried closing out of Chrome and opening it back up again, which works, but it's annoying. I haven't tried clearing cookies, but I'm sure it will have a similar effect.
I've been having this issue too. Sometimes the site will just stop trying to load I've tried closing out of Chrome and opening it back up again, which works, but it's annoying. I haven't tried clearing cookies, but I'm sure it will have a similar effect.
Previously Anonymister
Two hours ahead of FR time. Ping me for a reply.

y0r4chX.gif
I started getting this problem today.
I always check if the site is online on another browser, so it isn't my internet for sure.
Just needed to delete the cookies and re login, speeds will be really fast, until it becomes impossible to load which I have to repeat the same action again.
I always check if the site is online on another browser, so it isn't my internet for sure.
Just needed to delete the cookies and re login, speeds will be really fast, until it becomes impossible to load which I have to repeat the same action again.
FooterAds.gif
...what is even...
[quote name="welosttheribs" date="2013-11-02 01:16:07"]I started getting this problem today. I always check if the site is online on another browser, so it isn't my internet for sure. Just needed to delete the cookies and re login, speeds will be really fast, until it becomes impossible to load which I have to repeat the same action again.[/quote] This is [i]exactly[/i] what's been happening to me all week, usually shortly after 2 pm EST or so and it will NOT let up until early morning (around 6 am EST) the next day. I haven't seen such terrible site performance since before the move to the new server. With the constantly freezing Coli, having to delete cookies/switch browser/reload entire browser to keep excessive, crippling lag away every 3-5 pages is ridiculous and getting beyond frustrating. Please, please fix or at least give us updates on why this is going on. x__x
welosttheribs wrote on 2013-11-02 01:16:07:

This is exactly what's been happening to me all week, usually shortly after 2 pm EST or so and it will NOT let up until early morning (around 6 am EST) the next day. I haven't seen such terrible site performance since before the move to the new server. With the constantly freezing Coli, having to delete cookies/switch browser/reload entire browser to keep excessive, crippling lag away every 3-5 pages is ridiculous and getting beyond frustrating. Please, please fix or at least give us updates on why this is going on. x__x
cnFe09Q.gif
I'm having performance issues as well. I complained a bit about it in the coliseum stalling thread because I thought the two might be related issues. After several page loads, the site completely stalls. I do not close out/clear cookies to resolve the issue; if I leave the site for a while then come back, it's usually working fine, at least for a while.

Using latest version of Firefox.
I'm having performance issues as well. I complained a bit about it in the coliseum stalling thread because I thought the two might be related issues. After several page loads, the site completely stalls. I do not close out/clear cookies to resolve the issue; if I leave the site for a while then come back, it's usually working fine, at least for a while.

Using latest version of Firefox.
neutralvs1.pngWVTSPY.pngneutralvs1.png
1 2