Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fandom?
1 2 3 4 5
ohhh i have a bunch
  • homestuck
  • marvel
  • supernatural
  • bbc sherlock
  • merlin
  • psych
  • teen wolf
  • criminal minds
  • welcome to night vale
  • the vampire chronicles
  • south park
  • adventure time
  • regular show
  • motorcity
  • hetalia
  • dangan ronpa
  • panty & stocking
  • vocaloid
  • too many animes to list

there are other things i'm probably forgetting??
ohhh i have a bunch
  • homestuck
  • marvel
  • supernatural
  • bbc sherlock
  • merlin
  • psych
  • teen wolf
  • criminal minds
  • welcome to night vale
  • the vampire chronicles
  • south park
  • adventure time
  • regular show
  • motorcity
  • hetalia
  • dangan ronpa
  • panty & stocking
  • vocaloid
  • too many animes to list

there are other things i'm probably forgetting??
tumblr
  • Top Gear (primary fandom)
  • Star Trek (first fandom)
  • Farscape (why don't more people watch this show?!)
  • Doctor Who
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Pokemon
  • Firefly
  • Zoids
  • Sherlock
  • Star Wars
  • Top Gear (primary fandom)
  • Star Trek (first fandom)
  • Farscape (why don't more people watch this show?!)
  • Doctor Who
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Pokemon
  • Firefly
  • Zoids
  • Sherlock
  • Star Wars
I think I like a lot of things, but when I think of "fandom," I tend to wander into media and hobbies which I've put a significant amount of investment into in terms of money and the community. So in that case, I only have two.

First, I love Sonic The Hedgehog; ever since he debuted in '91, I've stuck by him through thick and thin, playing the games, acquiring tapes and DVDs of the shows, watching the anime before it premiered in the US (subs forever), collecting merch, and making a foothold in the community. My second other biggest fandom is Furry. I enjoy animals, and I love the artistic freedom the culture exemplifies. There are no limits to how you can express yourself as a Furry, and I personally choose to do so through creating art and fursuiting, which the kids just adore. Can't forget the conventions; it's a great way to meet interesting people and see some awesome art and dance talent!

Oh wait, here's a weird one: seiyuu! That's the Japanese term for "voice actor." While I love learning about the talent in the English voice acting world through articles and interviews, the Japanese voice acting world is different in how comparatively famous they are within their own country. Idol culture permeates, so lots of voice actors there do things like stage and live-action work, as well as photo shoots for magazines and huge events where they sing, dance and do live-readings. You come for the glitz and glamour and stay for the derpiness. All Japanese voice actors act amusingly like children. All of them.

@Zanthardra
Ooh, a Zoids fan! Awesome to meet another one! ^^;; My personal favorite series was Zoids Zero. People call it shallow, but I found it immensely enjoyable due in no small part to the awesome battle animation. How about you?
I think I like a lot of things, but when I think of "fandom," I tend to wander into media and hobbies which I've put a significant amount of investment into in terms of money and the community. So in that case, I only have two.

First, I love Sonic The Hedgehog; ever since he debuted in '91, I've stuck by him through thick and thin, playing the games, acquiring tapes and DVDs of the shows, watching the anime before it premiered in the US (subs forever), collecting merch, and making a foothold in the community. My second other biggest fandom is Furry. I enjoy animals, and I love the artistic freedom the culture exemplifies. There are no limits to how you can express yourself as a Furry, and I personally choose to do so through creating art and fursuiting, which the kids just adore. Can't forget the conventions; it's a great way to meet interesting people and see some awesome art and dance talent!

Oh wait, here's a weird one: seiyuu! That's the Japanese term for "voice actor." While I love learning about the talent in the English voice acting world through articles and interviews, the Japanese voice acting world is different in how comparatively famous they are within their own country. Idol culture permeates, so lots of voice actors there do things like stage and live-action work, as well as photo shoots for magazines and huge events where they sing, dance and do live-readings. You come for the glitz and glamour and stay for the derpiness. All Japanese voice actors act amusingly like children. All of them.

@Zanthardra
Ooh, a Zoids fan! Awesome to meet another one! ^^;; My personal favorite series was Zoids Zero. People call it shallow, but I found it immensely enjoyable due in no small part to the awesome battle animation. How about you?
@NepentheSSMB
I don't really have a favorite Zoids series, although I did enjoy watching them (I've yet to finish Zoids Genesis though). I'm a little more interested in the model kits.
@NepentheSSMB
I don't really have a favorite Zoids series, although I did enjoy watching them (I've yet to finish Zoids Genesis though). I'm a little more interested in the model kits.
My "main" fandom fluctuates a lot. Right now it's the Heroes of Olympus series. I'm also in the following fandoms: W.I.T.C.H., Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Sailor Moon, Bravest Warriors, High School Musical, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Neopets, Madoka, InuYasha, Soul Eater, Adventure Time, Community, Professor Layton, Winx Club, and Clock Tower. I'm probably also forgetting a few that I haven't been active in for a while.
My "main" fandom fluctuates a lot. Right now it's the Heroes of Olympus series. I'm also in the following fandoms: W.I.T.C.H., Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Sailor Moon, Bravest Warriors, High School Musical, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Neopets, Madoka, InuYasha, Soul Eater, Adventure Time, Community, Professor Layton, Winx Club, and Clock Tower. I'm probably also forgetting a few that I haven't been active in for a while.
Woo, fandoms!
Dangan Ronpa, Percy Jackson, Pokémon (caaaaaasually points to username), Homestuck, Free!, TWEWY, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Mortal Instruments, SNK, WTNV c:
Woo, fandoms!
Dangan Ronpa, Percy Jackson, Pokémon (caaaaaasually points to username), Homestuck, Free!, TWEWY, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent, Mortal Instruments, SNK, WTNV c:
beep boop it's me
Hi, my name's Ashley, and I'm a fandom addict...

I started off in a Bam Margera sort of fandom, and segued into Bandom, where I was content and happy for quite a while.
I'm currently rolling around gleefully in Pacific Rim, Hannibal (which is super win, because my first ever fanfic was based on the book), and Night Vale... with quiiiite the soft spot for Avengers.
I occasionally cheat with H50 or Elementary or Sherlock, though... and every now and then I have to revisit some of my favorite Supernatural stories, even though I'm behind on the show... and don't even get me started on my Harry Potter feels.

The most recent stuff I've been reading have been rereads of some of my favorites in Bandom.

My Tumblr is such a hot mess of "OOH PRETTY", it's ridiculous.
Hi, my name's Ashley, and I'm a fandom addict...

I started off in a Bam Margera sort of fandom, and segued into Bandom, where I was content and happy for quite a while.
I'm currently rolling around gleefully in Pacific Rim, Hannibal (which is super win, because my first ever fanfic was based on the book), and Night Vale... with quiiiite the soft spot for Avengers.
I occasionally cheat with H50 or Elementary or Sherlock, though... and every now and then I have to revisit some of my favorite Supernatural stories, even though I'm behind on the show... and don't even get me started on my Harry Potter feels.

The most recent stuff I've been reading have been rereads of some of my favorites in Bandom.

My Tumblr is such a hot mess of "OOH PRETTY", it's ridiculous.
bHeX9bv.png
Anime/Manga:
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (my lair is full of it)
+ live-action and musicals for Sailor Moon
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Xxxholic
- Otoyomegatari / A Bride's Tale
- D.Gray-Man
- Dragonquest: Dai no Daibouken
- Saint Oniisan / Saint Young Men
- Glass Mask
- Death Note

Games:
- Dragonquest series (I-IX as well as the Monsters spinoffs)
- The Sims 2 (never did play 1, never got into 3)
- King's Quest series
- Civilization (II, III, IV are the ones I've played really)

TV
- [Animated] The Simpsons
- [Animated] Futurama
- [Animated] Daria
- Breaking Bad
- Once Upon a Time
- Master Chef / Kitchen NIghtmares / Master Chef Junior
- Criminal Minds

Books / Authors
- Philippa Gregory
- Amy Tan
- C.S. Lewis
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Madeleine L'Engle
- Miguel de Cervantes
- Alison Weir
- Jean Plaidy
- Lloyd Alexander
- Willa Cather
- J.K Rowling / Harry Potter series
- Terry Pratchett
- Douglas Adams
- Neil Gaiman
Anime/Manga:
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (my lair is full of it)
+ live-action and musicals for Sailor Moon
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Xxxholic
- Otoyomegatari / A Bride's Tale
- D.Gray-Man
- Dragonquest: Dai no Daibouken
- Saint Oniisan / Saint Young Men
- Glass Mask
- Death Note

Games:
- Dragonquest series (I-IX as well as the Monsters spinoffs)
- The Sims 2 (never did play 1, never got into 3)
- King's Quest series
- Civilization (II, III, IV are the ones I've played really)

TV
- [Animated] The Simpsons
- [Animated] Futurama
- [Animated] Daria
- Breaking Bad
- Once Upon a Time
- Master Chef / Kitchen NIghtmares / Master Chef Junior
- Criminal Minds

Books / Authors
- Philippa Gregory
- Amy Tan
- C.S. Lewis
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Madeleine L'Engle
- Miguel de Cervantes
- Alison Weir
- Jean Plaidy
- Lloyd Alexander
- Willa Cather
- J.K Rowling / Harry Potter series
- Terry Pratchett
- Douglas Adams
- Neil Gaiman
@Snowwika Fellow Sailor Moon and Avatar fan! My lair has a lot of Sailor Moon theme.
@randiddly Drive-by love for Criminal Minds!
@tsunako Madoka, sob. I used to RP Homura for awhile.
@Merlyn man I used to watch X-files with a friend way back in high school
@KiliDwarf So much love for Pratchett, Narnia, and of course Tolkien.
@calamitousCorvus Your name reminds me of Dragonquest IX. coincidence? Also you have awesome taste in authors from Pratchett to Douglas to Adams. And I used to RP Misa from Death Note.
@Snowwika Fellow Sailor Moon and Avatar fan! My lair has a lot of Sailor Moon theme.
@randiddly Drive-by love for Criminal Minds!
@tsunako Madoka, sob. I used to RP Homura for awhile.
@Merlyn man I used to watch X-files with a friend way back in high school
@KiliDwarf So much love for Pratchett, Narnia, and of course Tolkien.
@calamitousCorvus Your name reminds me of Dragonquest IX. coincidence? Also you have awesome taste in authors from Pratchett to Douglas to Adams. And I used to RP Misa from Death Note.
I heard WTNV. Yes hello.

Also →
  • Hannibal
  • Supernatural
  • American Horror Story
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Elementary
  • Shameless
  • Game of Thrones
  • Teen Wolf
  • Merlin (the wound is still fresh ok)
  • Doctor Who (kinda - the writing is crap atm)
  • Sherlock (eventually /hollow laughter)
  • stuff and things???

I am also on tumblr yee
I heard WTNV. Yes hello.

Also →
  • Hannibal
  • Supernatural
  • American Horror Story
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Elementary
  • Shameless
  • Game of Thrones
  • Teen Wolf
  • Merlin (the wound is still fresh ok)
  • Doctor Who (kinda - the writing is crap atm)
  • Sherlock (eventually /hollow laughter)
  • stuff and things???

I am also on tumblr yee

1 2 3 4 5