Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Did you blow up Megaton in Fallout 3?
1 2 3
In Fallout 3 did you save Megaton, or help the Children of the Atom? I'd love to know what you guys did!
In Fallout 3 did you save Megaton, or help the Children of the Atom? I'd love to know what you guys did!
hi
I've done both, but I usually don't detonate the bomb, and the few times I did I regret it. Mainly because Megaton is great for supplies early on. And 'cause, y'know, mass murder isn't nice. Pretty much all of my characters are either good, neutral or somewhere in between, so it wouldn't be in character to detonate it anyway. //probably overthinking it
I've done both, but I usually don't detonate the bomb, and the few times I did I regret it. Mainly because Megaton is great for supplies early on. And 'cause, y'know, mass murder isn't nice. Pretty much all of my characters are either good, neutral or somewhere in between, so it wouldn't be in character to detonate it anyway. //probably overthinking it
I did..."accidentally" lol. I didn't think it'd actually blow up. I felt so bad after the reunion with Dad. On my second playthrough I didn't though.
I did..."accidentally" lol. I didn't think it'd actually blow up. I felt so bad after the reunion with Dad. On my second playthrough I didn't though.
OjayHBU.png
No! I am way too much of a goody goody haha.
No! I am way too much of a goody goody haha.
I don't trust anyone who blows up Megaton tbh.
I don't trust anyone who blows up Megaton tbh.
Only with one character, who was an evil mofo, and felt terrible about it. Otherwise I left it untouched!
Only with one character, who was an evil mofo, and felt terrible about it. Otherwise I left it untouched!
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
I decided to investigate the quest and found out who wanted Megaton gone and why. I decided I didnt like him or his reason so Megaton lived my first playthrough. The reward for blowing up Megaton isnt worth it in my opinion.
I decided to investigate the quest and found out who wanted Megaton gone and why. I decided I didnt like him or his reason so Megaton lived my first playthrough. The reward for blowing up Megaton isnt worth it in my opinion.
I actually like Megaton. The house is pretty cool, and of course the customization is somewhat hilarious (the sex theme anyone?) plus as mentioned it's a good place to get supplies early on. Plus I collect/hoard a bunch of things in pretty much every Fallout game so being able to get even a basic house at first is pretty much reason alone to leave it be.

I did blow it up once, just to play all variants on the game as much as I could, but I never thought the reward was worth it. Plus I got the 'bug' where the people died but the kids didn't because you can't hurt them, so there were intact kids running around a destroyed town and it was strange and eerie >.>
I actually like Megaton. The house is pretty cool, and of course the customization is somewhat hilarious (the sex theme anyone?) plus as mentioned it's a good place to get supplies early on. Plus I collect/hoard a bunch of things in pretty much every Fallout game so being able to get even a basic house at first is pretty much reason alone to leave it be.

I did blow it up once, just to play all variants on the game as much as I could, but I never thought the reward was worth it. Plus I got the 'bug' where the people died but the kids didn't because you can't hurt them, so there were intact kids running around a destroyed town and it was strange and eerie >.>
In a couple playthroughs. I love watching it blow up, but I hate Tenpenny Tower. So most of the time I don't. Even with evil characters.
In a couple playthroughs. I love watching it blow up, but I hate Tenpenny Tower. So most of the time I don't. Even with evil characters.
I wanted a house in the swankiest apartment complex so....yeah.
I wanted a house in the swankiest apartment complex so....yeah.
tumblr_o7k72eLaZx1sksqjzo1_500.jpg
1 2 3