Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Blood and Sand (Private 1x1x1)
1 2 3
As soon as she left her distraction in the form of that strange guardian- strange, as Zenzi still could not piece together any sense from her existence- there was that pull again. Not that it ever left her, but the less distracted she was, the more keenly she felt it.
It almost tempted her to entirely forget about hunting, but what a wasted effort that would be then? What if this guardian could even tell her something, once she was in a better shape? And Zenzi did come to help whoever she could, that did not change.
Besides, as she came to think of it, she could do with a meal herself, and so began to search for a zeeba... or better yer, a qiriq.

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
As soon as she left her distraction in the form of that strange guardian- strange, as Zenzi still could not piece together any sense from her existence- there was that pull again. Not that it ever left her, but the less distracted she was, the more keenly she felt it.
It almost tempted her to entirely forget about hunting, but what a wasted effort that would be then? What if this guardian could even tell her something, once she was in a better shape? And Zenzi did come to help whoever she could, that did not change.
Besides, as she came to think of it, she could do with a meal herself, and so began to search for a zeeba... or better yer, a qiriq.

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
Bs48ntF.png
Josh sighed heavily. He was tired and there was nothing more he could do for those around him. So he followed after the others. "What was she blabbing on about?" He asked to nobody in particular.

@Wolfe @Nyria
Josh sighed heavily. He was tired and there was nothing more he could do for those around him. So he followed after the others. "What was she blabbing on about?" He asked to nobody in particular.

@Wolfe @Nyria
@Icebomb @Nyria

Angarm hung back, slowly coming to match the second Guardian's pace. With a shrug of his shoulders, the shimmering Pearlcatcher said, "It's hard t say. I think she has seen too much and it has snapped her sanity. I'm sure she just has you confused with someone else." He was trying to give the other a bit of comforting news, but really, what could be comforting after the turmoil of such a battle? The Mirror and this Guardian would likely have some sort of nightmares after all of this. Death was never a pretty thing. With a cough and the clearing of his throat, Angarm tilted his head slightly to one side, trying to get a better look at Josh without him really noticing. It was hard to know what Angarm was looking at, considering he was psychically blind. "What is your name, stranger? Introductions have gone out the window, it would seem, but it is never to late to give them. I'm Angarm." he stated, shaking his head as they neared a small swam of flesh flies. The tiny insects were quite annoying, especially in one's ears. "The big guy, he's Weiss. Though, a word of warning, I would be careful around him.... I will explain later, but... just don't touch him, I mean, if you value your life, that is." And, of course, there was no telling who the Mirror was, she had not given them her name. It was for the best. Angarm did not want to press a mentally disturbed dragon, especially one he could not read. But, one thing was for sure, it did seem she knew where Weiss' sister was, and so, they continued to trail behind the other two, allowing the Mirror to lead them further and further out of the Wandering Contagion.
@Icebomb @Nyria

Angarm hung back, slowly coming to match the second Guardian's pace. With a shrug of his shoulders, the shimmering Pearlcatcher said, "It's hard t say. I think she has seen too much and it has snapped her sanity. I'm sure she just has you confused with someone else." He was trying to give the other a bit of comforting news, but really, what could be comforting after the turmoil of such a battle? The Mirror and this Guardian would likely have some sort of nightmares after all of this. Death was never a pretty thing. With a cough and the clearing of his throat, Angarm tilted his head slightly to one side, trying to get a better look at Josh without him really noticing. It was hard to know what Angarm was looking at, considering he was psychically blind. "What is your name, stranger? Introductions have gone out the window, it would seem, but it is never to late to give them. I'm Angarm." he stated, shaking his head as they neared a small swam of flesh flies. The tiny insects were quite annoying, especially in one's ears. "The big guy, he's Weiss. Though, a word of warning, I would be careful around him.... I will explain later, but... just don't touch him, I mean, if you value your life, that is." And, of course, there was no telling who the Mirror was, she had not given them her name. It was for the best. Angarm did not want to press a mentally disturbed dragon, especially one he could not read. But, one thing was for sure, it did seem she knew where Weiss' sister was, and so, they continued to trail behind the other two, allowing the Mirror to lead them further and further out of the Wandering Contagion.
@Nyria @Wolfe

"I'm Josh." He said after a moment. "Though I didn't always look like this. My scales used to be a dark blue and my wings were a shade of white. How this happened to me I don't know." He pushed a body aside. "It's like half my memories are gone."
@Nyria @Wolfe

"I'm Josh." He said after a moment. "Though I didn't always look like this. My scales used to be a dark blue and my wings were a shade of white. How this happened to me I don't know." He pushed a body aside. "It's like half my memories are gone."
@Nyria @Icebomb

Angarm remained silent, listening to this Guardian speak and confess to him. It had been something he had always been good at; listening to others. The much smaller Pearlcatcher tilted his head back, craning his neck, and giving Josh a gentle, reassuring smile. "I wouldn't worry too much about it, Josh." he said calmly, twisting his head back down and his milky eyes locking onto the two others further ahead of them, "Things like war, and battle, they can take a lot out of a dragon. With any luck, your memories could flood back one day... but, the whole color thing, that... well, that I have never heard of before. Very curious indeed." And that left Angarm's mind blazing. He wanted to know more about Josh. Wanted to know what happened during the battle to make his scales change color. Perhaps it would be something he, and even Josh, never figured out, but it would be wonderful to try and figure out why. And, in the process, the Pearlcatcher could even try to help the Guardian regain some of those memories he said he lost.

It wasn't long before Angarm's mind shifted to thoughts of helping his newfound friend, to something else. Something different. Something not living, nor dead, but humming. It grew louder and louder, until it felt that his eardrums might burst. With a small gasp, he slowed his pace, coming to a complete standstill as he shook his head, trying to dislodge the extremely loud, piercing hum from his ears. The cause a massive, glowing crystal. It was unnaturally levitating above the soft, ever-moving wastes. He did not like this. Not at all. But, the Mirror... she seemed very pleased. A large smile stretched across her maw in an almost sinister way. One that caused the shimmering Pearlcatcher to think twice about continuing to follow her any further.

"What is this? Some kind of trick?" Weiss questioned, his tone turning cold on the spot. For a brief second he had trusted this insane Mirror, and now she had brought them to some sort of... well, strange contraption in the midst of a sea of plague pocked land. "This is not my sister. You said you knew where she was. Is this your idea of a game? Speak!" Weiss' tail lashed out, striking for the Mirror, who expertly dodged the cumbersome appendage with ease.

She sat back, at a safe distance, cackling as she stared at Weiss with those gleaming red eyes of hers. "So impatient, you are. No, not your sister. But this. It can take us to her. I watched... I saw them do this countless times. They thought they were being sneaky. Oh, yes. How sneaky they thought they were, but I saw what they did. I knew what they were planning." the Mirror blabbered, cocking her head to one side, than the other. Weiss gave a loud snort, followed by a growl, grabbing the smaller dragon's attention and bringing it back to reality. "I followed him. Them. Many, many times. They did not even know. So focused they were to get their jobs done. They did not even think to check to see if they were being followed. Foolish. she continued, crawling closer to the strange crystal suspended within the air, "Watch. Watch. You will see." And with those words, the Mirror sat back on her haunches, tail curled around her side, as she reached out and scrapped a single claw down the side of the glittering gem. The sound was like a nail running down a chalkboard, but then, it began to rock and shake and jitter. Dancing upon the spot before opening up into a shimmering portal. Beyond the vale lay a land of brilliant greens and life. This portal led straight to the Shrieking Wilds. "See. See. This is where your sister is. I showed her, just like I showed you. She did not question and she left. Home, I think she said. Home."

Weiss eyed the portal, but did not budge. He did not want to go. Not there... but, the tug, it was almost hurting now. "Fine." he grumbled, before entering the portal and leaving the land of decay and rot behind him. The Mirror turned and smiled wide at Angarm and Josh, before following after Weiss and disappearing just as the Guardian had.

"Interesting. I've never seen anything like this before. Or read about it, for that matter..." Angarm mumbled, circling the opened portal, "I do not trust this Mirror... but I do not like this place either. Coming?" he questioned Josh. Almost as if he were holding his breath, the Pearlcatcher quickly jumped into the portal as if he were diving into a deep pool of water. And, just like the two before him, he was gone. Poofed and no longer in the Scarred Wasteland.
@Nyria @Icebomb

Angarm remained silent, listening to this Guardian speak and confess to him. It had been something he had always been good at; listening to others. The much smaller Pearlcatcher tilted his head back, craning his neck, and giving Josh a gentle, reassuring smile. "I wouldn't worry too much about it, Josh." he said calmly, twisting his head back down and his milky eyes locking onto the two others further ahead of them, "Things like war, and battle, they can take a lot out of a dragon. With any luck, your memories could flood back one day... but, the whole color thing, that... well, that I have never heard of before. Very curious indeed." And that left Angarm's mind blazing. He wanted to know more about Josh. Wanted to know what happened during the battle to make his scales change color. Perhaps it would be something he, and even Josh, never figured out, but it would be wonderful to try and figure out why. And, in the process, the Pearlcatcher could even try to help the Guardian regain some of those memories he said he lost.

It wasn't long before Angarm's mind shifted to thoughts of helping his newfound friend, to something else. Something different. Something not living, nor dead, but humming. It grew louder and louder, until it felt that his eardrums might burst. With a small gasp, he slowed his pace, coming to a complete standstill as he shook his head, trying to dislodge the extremely loud, piercing hum from his ears. The cause a massive, glowing crystal. It was unnaturally levitating above the soft, ever-moving wastes. He did not like this. Not at all. But, the Mirror... she seemed very pleased. A large smile stretched across her maw in an almost sinister way. One that caused the shimmering Pearlcatcher to think twice about continuing to follow her any further.

"What is this? Some kind of trick?" Weiss questioned, his tone turning cold on the spot. For a brief second he had trusted this insane Mirror, and now she had brought them to some sort of... well, strange contraption in the midst of a sea of plague pocked land. "This is not my sister. You said you knew where she was. Is this your idea of a game? Speak!" Weiss' tail lashed out, striking for the Mirror, who expertly dodged the cumbersome appendage with ease.

She sat back, at a safe distance, cackling as she stared at Weiss with those gleaming red eyes of hers. "So impatient, you are. No, not your sister. But this. It can take us to her. I watched... I saw them do this countless times. They thought they were being sneaky. Oh, yes. How sneaky they thought they were, but I saw what they did. I knew what they were planning." the Mirror blabbered, cocking her head to one side, than the other. Weiss gave a loud snort, followed by a growl, grabbing the smaller dragon's attention and bringing it back to reality. "I followed him. Them. Many, many times. They did not even know. So focused they were to get their jobs done. They did not even think to check to see if they were being followed. Foolish. she continued, crawling closer to the strange crystal suspended within the air, "Watch. Watch. You will see." And with those words, the Mirror sat back on her haunches, tail curled around her side, as she reached out and scrapped a single claw down the side of the glittering gem. The sound was like a nail running down a chalkboard, but then, it began to rock and shake and jitter. Dancing upon the spot before opening up into a shimmering portal. Beyond the vale lay a land of brilliant greens and life. This portal led straight to the Shrieking Wilds. "See. See. This is where your sister is. I showed her, just like I showed you. She did not question and she left. Home, I think she said. Home."

Weiss eyed the portal, but did not budge. He did not want to go. Not there... but, the tug, it was almost hurting now. "Fine." he grumbled, before entering the portal and leaving the land of decay and rot behind him. The Mirror turned and smiled wide at Angarm and Josh, before following after Weiss and disappearing just as the Guardian had.

"Interesting. I've never seen anything like this before. Or read about it, for that matter..." Angarm mumbled, circling the opened portal, "I do not trust this Mirror... but I do not like this place either. Coming?" he questioned Josh. Almost as if he were holding his breath, the Pearlcatcher quickly jumped into the portal as if he were diving into a deep pool of water. And, just like the two before him, he was gone. Poofed and no longer in the Scarred Wasteland.
Portal. Portal.
What did it mean, she could not recall, but she always had an acute awareness to it being opened. She had to be, it was near her home.
It was the only thing she could reliably recall. Names were there, but jumbled. Josh, Devontae, Vixie, Nicholai... names. Jumbled up names that had no face and no meaning. Just there. Maybe she could remember something if she tried...
Ah, yes. Dante. Oh she remembered Dante all too well. Strange Yeti thing found within the Rainsong Jungle. Untrainable, even by thick-headed yeti standards. But why did she recall that? So useless. She had no familiars now. What happened to them?
Uck... her head was starting to pound.
Focus, she thought.
What mattered was that this her home. And as far as she cared to consider, she owned this land. The only thing she understood clearly enough was the drive to defend this area.
This land was hers! Hers!
She would not move. But why?
No, why should she? Hers! Hers!
It was not that she refused to share it, it was just that... that portal.
It was bad news. That portal opening was bad news. That was why it roused her so swiftly from her sleep... because she hated it! The crystal meant danger! It meant hate!
It would take everything from her and really... that just meant her land. Still far more than she would lose willingly!
Slowly, Nylaathria rose to her feet, though she found that while she ached terribly, she felt a great deal better- well, it was something she could work with, at any rate. Her muscles protested the movement soon enough, but she was tough- she would defend the only thing she had to her name.
She would tear them apart for daring to trespass. The portal was bad. The portal brought evil.
And so soon she was charging, ignoring the burning in her body as she leaped forward, choosing not to take to the air for now. Her eyes flashed in anger and hate as she roared, a sound that quieted into a near guttural growl as a figure began to materialize before her.
Another guardian. It made no difference.
Teeth bared, Nylaathria growled as she approached, her shoulders hunched as she was moment's away from pouncing upon him. No words. No she would not speak to him. The crystal brought hate, she would not speak to hate!

"What in the... how in the world?" Zenzi muttered, laughing to herself. It was certainly the strangest thing. Her brother was here. He had to be- one second he was... well, over there, and then the next she got the intense feeling of nearness, where she left that guardian in fact, if she were to try and guess at pinpointing it. But so abrupt- and distracting really- was the shift in her awareness of his presence that she felt certain it was the portal. She just never imagined he knew of it- he could have told her of it!
Or perhaps... it was wiser to assume he met that very same, strange mirror. It made quite a bit of sense anyway, the mirror... well. Seemed vaguely familiar, come to think of it. At least in the sense that she was no stranger to the foreign clans, she must have been hanging around one. Just which, well, she could not recall...
All that really mattered was, well, he was most definitely seeking her out. It seemed only right that she pause to greet him then- the guardian could wait a moment. She survived far worse than a late meal, surely.

Devontae groaned as she rolled over. It was the best she could manage. She did not know how long she had been out, but she had truly... well, there was somewhat of a shock to opening her eyes in that she had not expected she ever would. Even now, it seemed to drain her of whatever strength she had just to shift her weight off her shoulder. That one movement and then her limbs said that was it, she was done, she would not move any further.
What had he done to her?!
Whatever it was, her blood stilled burned faintly. It was a pain that had been agonizing before, but still seemed to remain in her system enough that moving was a chore she could not complete. She was lucky though... whatever he did to her, it had brought her down and fast. A pain so blinding she thought she was dying. It seemed to hit all her muscles at once and bring her down...
The thought caused a shudder to ripple through her body. That's right, she did expect to open her eyes once again... just not... well, all together. A fight so widespread that she was terrified to die, and death always frightened her to begin with.
And considering she still could not find it in her to get up...
Devontae could not help it. She was shivering, trembling at the thought that she was hardly safe yet. She woke up, that was great, but she would not last like this. And the fact that that terrified her showed plainly. But she was alone... or worse, she was not; she did not dare look when she was already shaking in fear for her fate.
She needed help. She did not care anymore, she needed help. What mattered anymore... she had put so much together so carefully, and then Ravani put that final piece in, the opportunity to kill Vixie at a critical moment...
But Ravani... she saw Deva fall. Saw her fall and just... passed over her. Betrayed her...
And now, for all she knew, she was still dying. She did not care what happened now- she played her game and got slapped with a big fat "look how much you are like your mother."
She did not want to die...

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
Portal. Portal.
What did it mean, she could not recall, but she always had an acute awareness to it being opened. She had to be, it was near her home.
It was the only thing she could reliably recall. Names were there, but jumbled. Josh, Devontae, Vixie, Nicholai... names. Jumbled up names that had no face and no meaning. Just there. Maybe she could remember something if she tried...
Ah, yes. Dante. Oh she remembered Dante all too well. Strange Yeti thing found within the Rainsong Jungle. Untrainable, even by thick-headed yeti standards. But why did she recall that? So useless. She had no familiars now. What happened to them?
Uck... her head was starting to pound.
Focus, she thought.
What mattered was that this her home. And as far as she cared to consider, she owned this land. The only thing she understood clearly enough was the drive to defend this area.
This land was hers! Hers!
She would not move. But why?
No, why should she? Hers! Hers!
It was not that she refused to share it, it was just that... that portal.
It was bad news. That portal opening was bad news. That was why it roused her so swiftly from her sleep... because she hated it! The crystal meant danger! It meant hate!
It would take everything from her and really... that just meant her land. Still far more than she would lose willingly!
Slowly, Nylaathria rose to her feet, though she found that while she ached terribly, she felt a great deal better- well, it was something she could work with, at any rate. Her muscles protested the movement soon enough, but she was tough- she would defend the only thing she had to her name.
She would tear them apart for daring to trespass. The portal was bad. The portal brought evil.
And so soon she was charging, ignoring the burning in her body as she leaped forward, choosing not to take to the air for now. Her eyes flashed in anger and hate as she roared, a sound that quieted into a near guttural growl as a figure began to materialize before her.
Another guardian. It made no difference.
Teeth bared, Nylaathria growled as she approached, her shoulders hunched as she was moment's away from pouncing upon him. No words. No she would not speak to him. The crystal brought hate, she would not speak to hate!

"What in the... how in the world?" Zenzi muttered, laughing to herself. It was certainly the strangest thing. Her brother was here. He had to be- one second he was... well, over there, and then the next she got the intense feeling of nearness, where she left that guardian in fact, if she were to try and guess at pinpointing it. But so abrupt- and distracting really- was the shift in her awareness of his presence that she felt certain it was the portal. She just never imagined he knew of it- he could have told her of it!
Or perhaps... it was wiser to assume he met that very same, strange mirror. It made quite a bit of sense anyway, the mirror... well. Seemed vaguely familiar, come to think of it. At least in the sense that she was no stranger to the foreign clans, she must have been hanging around one. Just which, well, she could not recall...
All that really mattered was, well, he was most definitely seeking her out. It seemed only right that she pause to greet him then- the guardian could wait a moment. She survived far worse than a late meal, surely.

Devontae groaned as she rolled over. It was the best she could manage. She did not know how long she had been out, but she had truly... well, there was somewhat of a shock to opening her eyes in that she had not expected she ever would. Even now, it seemed to drain her of whatever strength she had just to shift her weight off her shoulder. That one movement and then her limbs said that was it, she was done, she would not move any further.
What had he done to her?!
Whatever it was, her blood stilled burned faintly. It was a pain that had been agonizing before, but still seemed to remain in her system enough that moving was a chore she could not complete. She was lucky though... whatever he did to her, it had brought her down and fast. A pain so blinding she thought she was dying. It seemed to hit all her muscles at once and bring her down...
The thought caused a shudder to ripple through her body. That's right, she did expect to open her eyes once again... just not... well, all together. A fight so widespread that she was terrified to die, and death always frightened her to begin with.
And considering she still could not find it in her to get up...
Devontae could not help it. She was shivering, trembling at the thought that she was hardly safe yet. She woke up, that was great, but she would not last like this. And the fact that that terrified her showed plainly. But she was alone... or worse, she was not; she did not dare look when she was already shaking in fear for her fate.
She needed help. She did not care anymore, she needed help. What mattered anymore... she had put so much together so carefully, and then Ravani put that final piece in, the opportunity to kill Vixie at a critical moment...
But Ravani... she saw Deva fall. Saw her fall and just... passed over her. Betrayed her...
And now, for all she knew, she was still dying. She did not care what happened now- she played her game and got slapped with a big fat "look how much you are like your mother."
She did not want to die...

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
Bs48ntF.png
@Nyria @Icebomb

Vibrating. That is what it felt like as Weiss was pulled through this strange portal. He had never felt more uncomfortable in his entire life. The shaking was enough to feel as if his bones were going to shatter, but then, as suddenly as it began -- it stopped. Thank the dragon Gods above. The blood scaled Guardian's nostrils flared as they took in the smell of damp, decaying plants and the fresh sent of flowers. It wasn't a bad smell, per say, but Weiss did not want to stay here for very long. The first thing he did was look to his feet. The ground, which had only moments before been full of life, was now shrinking back and rotting. It just did not stop there. It was as if his power was radiating out of his very feet, causing the green to turn black, and peel back off the very earth. He did not plan to stay here. Oh no. He couldn't. If he did, the Shrieking Wilds would be a shadow of its former self, and fast. He would need to find Zenzi and... but he had suddenly lost his train of thought when a hulking creature nearby let out a threatening roar. One that ended with a very menacing growl. Weiss snorted, pale eyes focusing quickly upon the oncoming female Guardian, as tendrils of noxious looking steam vented out of his nose.

Weiss bared his teeth in response to the female's aggravated advance. He did not want to harm her. That was not his intention. But, she was more willing to attack than hear an explanation about his sudden arrival. And so, a growl echoed out of him, calling back a reply to the already angry female that stood between him and where his sister possibly could be. "Do not be a fool," he hissed between bared teeth, "I am not hear to hurt you. I am here to find someone and leave. Let me pass." Then came that irritating cackling. The Mirror finally slipping through the portal. He barely glanced a flash of white and red as it slide deftly under him and came to scurry right up the other Guardian's side, resting causally on the top of the female's head. Stupid Mirror. What was she getting at? However, whatever this Mirror's plans, it did not give Weiss pause to lower his position, nor give any reason for this angry female to lash out at him.

The Mirror let out a small chuckle, tapping the top of the female Guardian's skull with one sharp talon. "This one, she's broken too. Oh, silly little thing. Thought she could stay behind. Thought she'd go unnoticed. They got her, just like they got me." she cooed, before sliding down the Guardian's back, ducking under one of her wings, and coming to sit upon a low hanging bough of a nearby tree; like some kind of ugly, furry bird. She twisted her head to one side, then the other, before laughing for no apparent reason as Angarm suddenly flopped his way through the portal as well.

The Pearlcatcher was sent flying. Weiss had only a moment's time to move out of the way just so his traveling companion wouldn't accidentally touch him. "Ugh... never again." he burped, quickly clutching a hand to his mouth, "Let's never do that again, please. I'd much rather fly." His ears perked at the sounds of growls, turning his pale eyes upwards to the female Guardian that loomed over him. "Oh... Are we... I mean, we didn't mean to suddenly just appear in your territory, my good lady. We're just here on business. Simply need to find someone." he quickly began, slowly pushing himself up to a sitting position, "You wouldn't happen to know where we could find another Guardian by the name of Zenzi, would you?"

~x~

What had happened? He scarcely remembered. His idiot of a father... no, he would not even give Dante the satisfaction of such a title. The troll... ugh... he had done the unthinkable. How could he have been so stupid? A fool to think that Dante would actually be alone. It was his downfall. He had tried to protect Wolfe with all that he had, but he had failed, and then Dante had killed him. No, wait... That wasn't right. Was it? No, it couldn't be. He was thinking this, his brain was working, and now... A low groan escaping the Imperial. Oh yes, now he could feel it. His entire body ached. Every muscle seemed to be on fire, especially his chest. Dante had tried to actually rip his heart out and, damn, it had been painful. Though, not as painful as being stabbed multiple times in the back by Nicholai. That was all he really remembered. Well, apart from Wolfe's screams. With another groan, he huffed, filling as blood splattered out of his mouth and nostrils. It caused him to wince and then cough. More coughing as more blood began to force itself up his throat and out of his mouth.

When his coughing fit was over and he thought his throat was going to burn from all the blood that expelled itself, Loki did not want to move. If this was death... he wanted it to be over soon. Pain had never been a problem for him, but now he just wanted it to end. Silver eyes slowly opened, only to be surprised that he was not alone. Wherever he was, he could not recall, there was someone else not too far away. No, not just anyone, someone he knew all too well -- Deva. Oh, that twin of his, they had never seen eye to eye... but, she looked no better than him. It was only fitting, he supposed, that their father would try to have them both killed off. Any threat to Dante usually ended up dead. With a pained groan, Loki tried to lift his head. It was a useless attempt. She was not dead either. He could barely see her sides moving. Barely hear her labored breathes. Even if they had not seen eye to eye, she was still family. She was blood. Even if it meant Loki would be sacrificing himself for his sister, he would do it. "Deva... Deva..." he croaked. His own voice sounded foreign to him, but still he tried to urge his sister to not give up. She could not die. He wouldn't let her. "Deva, get up." he insisted, again trying to pick himself up off the floor.
@Nyria @Icebomb

Vibrating. That is what it felt like as Weiss was pulled through this strange portal. He had never felt more uncomfortable in his entire life. The shaking was enough to feel as if his bones were going to shatter, but then, as suddenly as it began -- it stopped. Thank the dragon Gods above. The blood scaled Guardian's nostrils flared as they took in the smell of damp, decaying plants and the fresh sent of flowers. It wasn't a bad smell, per say, but Weiss did not want to stay here for very long. The first thing he did was look to his feet. The ground, which had only moments before been full of life, was now shrinking back and rotting. It just did not stop there. It was as if his power was radiating out of his very feet, causing the green to turn black, and peel back off the very earth. He did not plan to stay here. Oh no. He couldn't. If he did, the Shrieking Wilds would be a shadow of its former self, and fast. He would need to find Zenzi and... but he had suddenly lost his train of thought when a hulking creature nearby let out a threatening roar. One that ended with a very menacing growl. Weiss snorted, pale eyes focusing quickly upon the oncoming female Guardian, as tendrils of noxious looking steam vented out of his nose.

Weiss bared his teeth in response to the female's aggravated advance. He did not want to harm her. That was not his intention. But, she was more willing to attack than hear an explanation about his sudden arrival. And so, a growl echoed out of him, calling back a reply to the already angry female that stood between him and where his sister possibly could be. "Do not be a fool," he hissed between bared teeth, "I am not hear to hurt you. I am here to find someone and leave. Let me pass." Then came that irritating cackling. The Mirror finally slipping through the portal. He barely glanced a flash of white and red as it slide deftly under him and came to scurry right up the other Guardian's side, resting causally on the top of the female's head. Stupid Mirror. What was she getting at? However, whatever this Mirror's plans, it did not give Weiss pause to lower his position, nor give any reason for this angry female to lash out at him.

The Mirror let out a small chuckle, tapping the top of the female Guardian's skull with one sharp talon. "This one, she's broken too. Oh, silly little thing. Thought she could stay behind. Thought she'd go unnoticed. They got her, just like they got me." she cooed, before sliding down the Guardian's back, ducking under one of her wings, and coming to sit upon a low hanging bough of a nearby tree; like some kind of ugly, furry bird. She twisted her head to one side, then the other, before laughing for no apparent reason as Angarm suddenly flopped his way through the portal as well.

The Pearlcatcher was sent flying. Weiss had only a moment's time to move out of the way just so his traveling companion wouldn't accidentally touch him. "Ugh... never again." he burped, quickly clutching a hand to his mouth, "Let's never do that again, please. I'd much rather fly." His ears perked at the sounds of growls, turning his pale eyes upwards to the female Guardian that loomed over him. "Oh... Are we... I mean, we didn't mean to suddenly just appear in your territory, my good lady. We're just here on business. Simply need to find someone." he quickly began, slowly pushing himself up to a sitting position, "You wouldn't happen to know where we could find another Guardian by the name of Zenzi, would you?"

~x~

What had happened? He scarcely remembered. His idiot of a father... no, he would not even give Dante the satisfaction of such a title. The troll... ugh... he had done the unthinkable. How could he have been so stupid? A fool to think that Dante would actually be alone. It was his downfall. He had tried to protect Wolfe with all that he had, but he had failed, and then Dante had killed him. No, wait... That wasn't right. Was it? No, it couldn't be. He was thinking this, his brain was working, and now... A low groan escaping the Imperial. Oh yes, now he could feel it. His entire body ached. Every muscle seemed to be on fire, especially his chest. Dante had tried to actually rip his heart out and, damn, it had been painful. Though, not as painful as being stabbed multiple times in the back by Nicholai. That was all he really remembered. Well, apart from Wolfe's screams. With another groan, he huffed, filling as blood splattered out of his mouth and nostrils. It caused him to wince and then cough. More coughing as more blood began to force itself up his throat and out of his mouth.

When his coughing fit was over and he thought his throat was going to burn from all the blood that expelled itself, Loki did not want to move. If this was death... he wanted it to be over soon. Pain had never been a problem for him, but now he just wanted it to end. Silver eyes slowly opened, only to be surprised that he was not alone. Wherever he was, he could not recall, there was someone else not too far away. No, not just anyone, someone he knew all too well -- Deva. Oh, that twin of his, they had never seen eye to eye... but, she looked no better than him. It was only fitting, he supposed, that their father would try to have them both killed off. Any threat to Dante usually ended up dead. With a pained groan, Loki tried to lift his head. It was a useless attempt. She was not dead either. He could barely see her sides moving. Barely hear her labored breathes. Even if they had not seen eye to eye, she was still family. She was blood. Even if it meant Loki would be sacrificing himself for his sister, he would do it. "Deva... Deva..." he croaked. His own voice sounded foreign to him, but still he tried to urge his sister to not give up. She could not die. He wouldn't let her. "Deva, get up." he insisted, again trying to pick himself up off the floor.
It was perhaps not the most... well, admittedly sane reaction, but the sound of stirring, and then a voice, Deva's head snapped up. Nothing strange about how quickly she tried to find the source, but it was when she saw flashes of green that she began to laugh, of all things, a rough hoarse sound.
She could not help it. This was so typically thick of their father! Her stupid, stupid father who never took notice of her when she wanted to please him... only when she gave up and began to act for herself.
"He would... he so would..." She muttered to herself between a mix of laughter and coughing. Here she was terrified of dying because she thought she saw at least one other imperial... and she did! It was so horrible to think that she could have so easily woken up as part of her brother to that she just... was laughing. Loki would probably think she lost it before long but... it was beyond insane. If she and Loki both had died... such a sick thought. And so fitting of their father to make that mistake- she would almost want to see the look on his face when she and Loki came back as an emperor.
Almost. Because really... she did not want that at all.
Finally though, she managed to calm down.
"Sorry just... I think I finally see it now... intelligence of a troll indeed." She rasped. Her body still would not listen at yet... that fit of laughter seemed to lift her spirits just slightly enough that she was willing to try and stumble up. A task easier said than done, because whatever coursed through her, that somehow, miraculously failed to kill her, never the less seemed to burn the very blood within her veins.

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
It was perhaps not the most... well, admittedly sane reaction, but the sound of stirring, and then a voice, Deva's head snapped up. Nothing strange about how quickly she tried to find the source, but it was when she saw flashes of green that she began to laugh, of all things, a rough hoarse sound.
She could not help it. This was so typically thick of their father! Her stupid, stupid father who never took notice of her when she wanted to please him... only when she gave up and began to act for herself.
"He would... he so would..." She muttered to herself between a mix of laughter and coughing. Here she was terrified of dying because she thought she saw at least one other imperial... and she did! It was so horrible to think that she could have so easily woken up as part of her brother to that she just... was laughing. Loki would probably think she lost it before long but... it was beyond insane. If she and Loki both had died... such a sick thought. And so fitting of their father to make that mistake- she would almost want to see the look on his face when she and Loki came back as an emperor.
Almost. Because really... she did not want that at all.
Finally though, she managed to calm down.
"Sorry just... I think I finally see it now... intelligence of a troll indeed." She rasped. Her body still would not listen at yet... that fit of laughter seemed to lift her spirits just slightly enough that she was willing to try and stumble up. A task easier said than done, because whatever coursed through her, that somehow, miraculously failed to kill her, never the less seemed to burn the very blood within her veins.

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
Bs48ntF.png
Josh stepped through the portal and his head swam. "My head is pounding and I can't seem to focus." He said as he looked around. When he saw the female guardian he froze. "I know you. Can't place a name... but I feel like I know you."

@Wolfe @Nyria
Josh stepped through the portal and his head swam. "My head is pounding and I can't seem to focus." He said as he looked around. When he saw the female guardian he froze. "I know you. Can't place a name... but I feel like I know you."

@Wolfe @Nyria
Nylaathria's tail swiped to the side, striking nothing but air, a sign of barely restrained rage. While her mind worked, she chose not to move, but the urge to defend herself, to destroy before she could be destroyed, was so great that she could not manage to remain perfectly still. While she had not fully given in to the choice to strike, her tail would swipe at air.
Too many words! She did not want to work her mind to process what the red mirror wanted from her. If he was trying to find someone, than surely he would have flown. He had no cause to interact with that evil crystal.
Still her thoughts tried to form a pattern that she would understand. Perhaps it was the fact that she was outnumbered, she did not know, but she tried to piece her feelings together. But all she could come up with was a short list of what she knew. The crystal was bad. It brought only bad. And it was secret. No one new about it except... bad.
And that was enough for her. Her mind recoiled, her body shuddered- nothing in her allowed her to figure out what was bad. She just knew. The activation of the crystal was simple panic to her. It made her want to panic, it made her want to kill them.
She was sure that... somehow, touching that thing meant they deserved it.
Luckily, Wolfe managed to serve as a minor distraction before Nylaathria could commit to something she'd regret. Very minor, however, because now Nylaathria was lashing. She rose up to swat at Wolfe, growling in anger, not appreciating the tap- or being called broken for that matter, and more words in a confusing order!
When she crashed back down on all fours, her patience was beyond thin, and when Josh popped out, it only seemed to poke the fury in her more. Too many, her mind screamed, too many. She felt panicked and cornered, and it and it shown in the form of a hot temper.
"Yes, yes, yes you know me." She spat in Josh's direction. "Yes you do!" Yes, it settled things, confirmed them. The crystal brought trouble. Personally. They knew her and they were going to... what? Her mind would not let her delve into that, but she did not care. It was enough to hear it confirmed that he knew her, because that meant they were here to harm. The crystal harmed! And as Josh was the last to speak and grab her attention, it was him she began to finally charge at- fortunately not choosing Weiss instead.
In the end, however, it was a green guardian she slammed into, and that was enough to confuse Nylaathria a second, and cause her to pause. Precious seconds in which Zenzi had a chance to try and stop the disaster she saw forming.
"You... you trespassed too. I wanted to tell you..." She frowned down at the guardian that took the brunt of a blow meant for Josh. The contrast of crimson blood running between bright, sparkling green scales was almost distracting.
"But I healed you." Zenzi hastily reminded, while the guardian loomed over her. She scrambled to her feet, a part of her wishing the guardian had not stirred so soon. Something was certainly wrong with her.
"And they... they were just looking for me. She hastily added, while Nylaathria's eyes merely narrowed at her.
"They used the crystal." She growled. Finally, it seemed to register to her just what was happening around her. "Look." She drew out the word. "Just by standing, look what he does. Plague and pain. The crystal brought him, and look what he does! He hurts!" Her tail lashed again, but something in her posture said that she was worried for herself above all- something she did not even realize or process. The connection to what Dante, Vixie, and Nicholai did to her was there... without her memories to back it enough for her to understand why she was so afraid for herself. Her muscles quivered in expected pain that her mind did not even remember.
Fortunately, Zenzi shot back a response that earned another precious delay. "Trust me, he does not want to... ah! Me! The crystal brought me too! If not for the crystal , I would have returned her far too late to save you. It helped me save you! I am sorry for what you've gone through. You seem to... perhaps have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But the crystal got me here fast. It allowed you to live. I see that... you are... a very tough dragon. You fought to live." After a moment, she added in a hopeful tone, ”And you appreciate… help.”
”You… purposely came here."
Zenzi nearly groaned. Did the guardian seriously think that was the most important point? Zenzi was tired, and now hurt and this guardian was starting to seem too far gone to get through to.
"Yes. This was my home! No, no... look around you!" She muttered, exasperated.
Not liking her tone, Nylaathria struck at Zenzi again, who jumped forward, her hind just barely getting nicked, to stop at a fallen dragon, lightly rolling the body towards the white guardian. She did this a few times, with Nyria aiming blows at her each time, and yet slower, less purposeful, so that she was missing plainly.
"Look, look! Do you know their names! Because I did! I kept up with every last name, I know every single one of them... except you! I have been away and yet I kept up with every single name! This was my home! I came to save my family. This land is mine."
Nylaathria hunched down. This dragon... was somehow right. She was so certain that this was all she had and yet... she did not know what she clung to. Fragmented pieces of herself that made no sense. Her name, Nylaathria. This land... she thought her last possession.
And she was a guardian... her charge... a lot of hatchlings seemed to fall here. Wasn't her charge hatchlings? Hatchlings she never had, the future of a clan she never formed.
Her head was hurting again. But perhaps out of a shred of pride- or maybe there was just not enough being in her to remember sympathy- she did not utter an apology, but rather sat herself back down in the makeshift bed Zenzi had scrounged up for her.
Zenzi rolled her eyes. "A casualty, I am positive. A mess really. Something locked in her eyes. And you met the other... crazy." She forced a laugh, wondering which she prefered to deal with. Neither, maybe. But she could not leave well enough alone when she had started something.
"So um..." She began, but soon shook her head to just let her brother speak, as her mind was still reeling a bit. Blood still ran down her side, but she did not blame the guardian... no, the wound was old, and now merely reopened.

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
Nylaathria's tail swiped to the side, striking nothing but air, a sign of barely restrained rage. While her mind worked, she chose not to move, but the urge to defend herself, to destroy before she could be destroyed, was so great that she could not manage to remain perfectly still. While she had not fully given in to the choice to strike, her tail would swipe at air.
Too many words! She did not want to work her mind to process what the red mirror wanted from her. If he was trying to find someone, than surely he would have flown. He had no cause to interact with that evil crystal.
Still her thoughts tried to form a pattern that she would understand. Perhaps it was the fact that she was outnumbered, she did not know, but she tried to piece her feelings together. But all she could come up with was a short list of what she knew. The crystal was bad. It brought only bad. And it was secret. No one new about it except... bad.
And that was enough for her. Her mind recoiled, her body shuddered- nothing in her allowed her to figure out what was bad. She just knew. The activation of the crystal was simple panic to her. It made her want to panic, it made her want to kill them.
She was sure that... somehow, touching that thing meant they deserved it.
Luckily, Wolfe managed to serve as a minor distraction before Nylaathria could commit to something she'd regret. Very minor, however, because now Nylaathria was lashing. She rose up to swat at Wolfe, growling in anger, not appreciating the tap- or being called broken for that matter, and more words in a confusing order!
When she crashed back down on all fours, her patience was beyond thin, and when Josh popped out, it only seemed to poke the fury in her more. Too many, her mind screamed, too many. She felt panicked and cornered, and it and it shown in the form of a hot temper.
"Yes, yes, yes you know me." She spat in Josh's direction. "Yes you do!" Yes, it settled things, confirmed them. The crystal brought trouble. Personally. They knew her and they were going to... what? Her mind would not let her delve into that, but she did not care. It was enough to hear it confirmed that he knew her, because that meant they were here to harm. The crystal harmed! And as Josh was the last to speak and grab her attention, it was him she began to finally charge at- fortunately not choosing Weiss instead.
In the end, however, it was a green guardian she slammed into, and that was enough to confuse Nylaathria a second, and cause her to pause. Precious seconds in which Zenzi had a chance to try and stop the disaster she saw forming.
"You... you trespassed too. I wanted to tell you..." She frowned down at the guardian that took the brunt of a blow meant for Josh. The contrast of crimson blood running between bright, sparkling green scales was almost distracting.
"But I healed you." Zenzi hastily reminded, while the guardian loomed over her. She scrambled to her feet, a part of her wishing the guardian had not stirred so soon. Something was certainly wrong with her.
"And they... they were just looking for me. She hastily added, while Nylaathria's eyes merely narrowed at her.
"They used the crystal." She growled. Finally, it seemed to register to her just what was happening around her. "Look." She drew out the word. "Just by standing, look what he does. Plague and pain. The crystal brought him, and look what he does! He hurts!" Her tail lashed again, but something in her posture said that she was worried for herself above all- something she did not even realize or process. The connection to what Dante, Vixie, and Nicholai did to her was there... without her memories to back it enough for her to understand why she was so afraid for herself. Her muscles quivered in expected pain that her mind did not even remember.
Fortunately, Zenzi shot back a response that earned another precious delay. "Trust me, he does not want to... ah! Me! The crystal brought me too! If not for the crystal , I would have returned her far too late to save you. It helped me save you! I am sorry for what you've gone through. You seem to... perhaps have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But the crystal got me here fast. It allowed you to live. I see that... you are... a very tough dragon. You fought to live." After a moment, she added in a hopeful tone, ”And you appreciate… help.”
”You… purposely came here."
Zenzi nearly groaned. Did the guardian seriously think that was the most important point? Zenzi was tired, and now hurt and this guardian was starting to seem too far gone to get through to.
"Yes. This was my home! No, no... look around you!" She muttered, exasperated.
Not liking her tone, Nylaathria struck at Zenzi again, who jumped forward, her hind just barely getting nicked, to stop at a fallen dragon, lightly rolling the body towards the white guardian. She did this a few times, with Nyria aiming blows at her each time, and yet slower, less purposeful, so that she was missing plainly.
"Look, look! Do you know their names! Because I did! I kept up with every last name, I know every single one of them... except you! I have been away and yet I kept up with every single name! This was my home! I came to save my family. This land is mine."
Nylaathria hunched down. This dragon... was somehow right. She was so certain that this was all she had and yet... she did not know what she clung to. Fragmented pieces of herself that made no sense. Her name, Nylaathria. This land... she thought her last possession.
And she was a guardian... her charge... a lot of hatchlings seemed to fall here. Wasn't her charge hatchlings? Hatchlings she never had, the future of a clan she never formed.
Her head was hurting again. But perhaps out of a shred of pride- or maybe there was just not enough being in her to remember sympathy- she did not utter an apology, but rather sat herself back down in the makeshift bed Zenzi had scrounged up for her.
Zenzi rolled her eyes. "A casualty, I am positive. A mess really. Something locked in her eyes. And you met the other... crazy." She forced a laugh, wondering which she prefered to deal with. Neither, maybe. But she could not leave well enough alone when she had started something.
"So um..." She began, but soon shook her head to just let her brother speak, as her mind was still reeling a bit. Blood still ran down her side, but she did not blame the guardian... no, the wound was old, and now merely reopened.

( @wolfe , @icebomb )
Bs48ntF.png
1 2 3