Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I want to talk about Buffy!
ANYONE?
BUFFY?
YEA?
Favorite character and and their biggest flaw.
Favorite episodes and why.
One thing you would change about each season to make it better.

Title edited by @JCStitches in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.
ANYONE?
BUFFY?
YEA?
Favorite character and and their biggest flaw.
Favorite episodes and why.
One thing you would change about each season to make it better.

Title edited by @JCStitches in accordance with the Forum Code of Conduct.
I still love the musical episode! Songs comes up on my ipod every now and then. That was just such a creative episode, and the songs were funny, and moved the plot forwards, sometimes in heartbreaking ways.

(Also, Hush)

Favorite character....I just identified with Willow's character so much. She overcame her flaw of lack of confidence.

I still love the musical episode! Songs comes up on my ipod every now and then. That was just such a creative episode, and the songs were funny, and moved the plot forwards, sometimes in heartbreaking ways.

(Also, Hush)

Favorite character....I just identified with Willow's character so much. She overcame her flaw of lack of confidence.

@kvon

Once More with Feeling is SOOOOO good! The soundtrack will randomly play when I'm driving around and I'll get the craziest looks from people, but who cares!

Hush is a masterpiece; the fact that all the emotion and drama could be conveyed so well without music and dialogue still blows my mind. Whedon is a genius.

Alyson Hannigan is a genius of an actor. It's hard not to look at Willow in a room full of characters because she says so much even when the focus isn't on her. Her journey was so interesting as far as gaining, losing and gaining confidence again. The writers were really able to portray such a human experience in a supernatural show.
@kvon

Once More with Feeling is SOOOOO good! The soundtrack will randomly play when I'm driving around and I'll get the craziest looks from people, but who cares!

Hush is a masterpiece; the fact that all the emotion and drama could be conveyed so well without music and dialogue still blows my mind. Whedon is a genius.

Alyson Hannigan is a genius of an actor. It's hard not to look at Willow in a room full of characters because she says so much even when the focus isn't on her. Her journey was so interesting as far as gaining, losing and gaining confidence again. The writers were really able to portray such a human experience in a supernatural show.
Favorite Character

A three-way tie between Xander, Andrew and Willow. Xander and Andrew because they make me laugh and I can relate to both of them quite easily. Willow because she's awesome and reminds me far too much of my best friend (both strong redheads who seem cute and innocent but can be quite scary when provoked).

I'm also quite fond of Spike, particularly once he regains his soul. I'm still sad we didn't get the made-for-TV Spike movie that was talked about when Angel was wrapping up.

Favorite Episode

A tie between Once More With Feeling (Despite being a horrid singer, I find myself singing "Rest in Peace" quite often) and Normal Again.

Once More With Feeling is just fun, and the songs are catchy.

Normal Again... Well, that one is just messed up. I love how the end is ambiguous and there is this possibility that Buffy really is just a girl in a mental ward imagining the whole thing. Fun fact: When Whedon was writing X-Men, he had actually planned to have Cyclops (Scott Summers) mention he had a cousin in California who was crazy and thought she was a vampire slayer.

What I Would Change

The only season I would change would be the final TV season (since there is the official comics continuation). There were plans for an episode where Buffy got a wish, and would have spent the episode trying to decide what to wish for. At the very end, she would have arrived home and it would be revealed that she wished for Tara to return. Apparently, the only reason it wasn't made was a scheduling conflict with Tara's actress. I would have made the episode, even if it meant holding off shooting some scenes until Amber Benson was free.
Favorite Character

A three-way tie between Xander, Andrew and Willow. Xander and Andrew because they make me laugh and I can relate to both of them quite easily. Willow because she's awesome and reminds me far too much of my best friend (both strong redheads who seem cute and innocent but can be quite scary when provoked).

I'm also quite fond of Spike, particularly once he regains his soul. I'm still sad we didn't get the made-for-TV Spike movie that was talked about when Angel was wrapping up.

Favorite Episode

A tie between Once More With Feeling (Despite being a horrid singer, I find myself singing "Rest in Peace" quite often) and Normal Again.

Once More With Feeling is just fun, and the songs are catchy.

Normal Again... Well, that one is just messed up. I love how the end is ambiguous and there is this possibility that Buffy really is just a girl in a mental ward imagining the whole thing. Fun fact: When Whedon was writing X-Men, he had actually planned to have Cyclops (Scott Summers) mention he had a cousin in California who was crazy and thought she was a vampire slayer.

What I Would Change

The only season I would change would be the final TV season (since there is the official comics continuation). There were plans for an episode where Buffy got a wish, and would have spent the episode trying to decide what to wish for. At the very end, she would have arrived home and it would be revealed that she wished for Tara to return. Apparently, the only reason it wasn't made was a scheduling conflict with Tara's actress. I would have made the episode, even if it meant holding off shooting some scenes until Amber Benson was free.
Formerly known as Brenning.
@brenning

Xander is such a complex, but simple character. He was kind of gross in the beginning but evolved to be a great man and the glue that holds the Scoobies together.

OHHHH ANDREW! For me, he was all for the laughs in season 6, but his character arc in season 7 once again proves that BtVS is a show that is still ahead of it's time. His processing of the whole Trio thing in "Storyteller", my God, what beautiful story telling and character awareness.

I could write a dissertation on Spike, but I won't. He is definitely one of the best Buffy characters, possibly even one of the best TV characters in history.

Normal Again drains me emotionally. Like seriously, what if we've been living in Buffy's delusion this entire time??? So good.

Hmmm, I'm thinking that Willow's arc (specifically her plunge) might have been diminished a little bit if Tara had been brought back to life or they had gone back in time to adjust something. It might have been interesting to see where they would go with it and how consequences would have played out though.
@brenning

Xander is such a complex, but simple character. He was kind of gross in the beginning but evolved to be a great man and the glue that holds the Scoobies together.

OHHHH ANDREW! For me, he was all for the laughs in season 6, but his character arc in season 7 once again proves that BtVS is a show that is still ahead of it's time. His processing of the whole Trio thing in "Storyteller", my God, what beautiful story telling and character awareness.

I could write a dissertation on Spike, but I won't. He is definitely one of the best Buffy characters, possibly even one of the best TV characters in history.

Normal Again drains me emotionally. Like seriously, what if we've been living in Buffy's delusion this entire time??? So good.

Hmmm, I'm thinking that Willow's arc (specifically her plunge) might have been diminished a little bit if Tara had been brought back to life or they had gone back in time to adjust something. It might have been interesting to see where they would go with it and how consequences would have played out though.