Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I will say this, SU fans...
1 2
I don't like Steven Universe. At all. It never took off with me and I've come across too many obnoxious fans to ever give it a second try.

But.

The fan art I've seen you guys put out is beautiful. Ya'll clearly take advantage of the rich atmosphere and colors orovided to you and just take off. There's some incredible creativity here, and I just wanted to tell you good job! Keep it up, artists!
I don't like Steven Universe. At all. It never took off with me and I've come across too many obnoxious fans to ever give it a second try.

But.

The fan art I've seen you guys put out is beautiful. Ya'll clearly take advantage of the rich atmosphere and colors orovided to you and just take off. There's some incredible creativity here, and I just wanted to tell you good job! Keep it up, artists!
Hugs? Hugs!
37132792_350.png
@kanestiel
That's fine, I mean, to each their own. I agree, most of the fan base that isn't children who don't know better sometimes just. Need to stop. But the show cracks me up and I love it.
But wow, that's really nice of you to say! I love drawing Steven Universe but I never put it online anymore.. maybe I should start again, I dunno.
This is super duper cool. Thanks.
@kanestiel
That's fine, I mean, to each their own. I agree, most of the fan base that isn't children who don't know better sometimes just. Need to stop. But the show cracks me up and I love it.
But wow, that's really nice of you to say! I love drawing Steven Universe but I never put it online anymore.. maybe I should start again, I dunno.
This is super duper cool. Thanks.
oQlTGMl.png
@Kanestiel - After the Zamii incident, I refuse to go anywhere near the toxic fanbase. Horrible, horrible people reside in it.

But I agree that the fan art output is spectacular. Very pretty colors to work with and neat features like gemthingies for OCs to derive from. As long as comments are blocked out, it's very enjoyable to look at!
@Kanestiel - After the Zamii incident, I refuse to go anywhere near the toxic fanbase. Horrible, horrible people reside in it.

But I agree that the fan art output is spectacular. Very pretty colors to work with and neat features like gemthingies for OCs to derive from. As long as comments are blocked out, it's very enjoyable to look at!
kIsJPTC.gif
i agree with you that the fanbase is full of nasties, but i do love the show and the fanart output. steven universe is one of the few shows that's actually held my interest for more than a few weeks, so i find it very sad that the fanbase is so disgusting :c

the art (both official and fanmade) is really what drew me into watching it, to be honest. i didn't learn about the fans until after i was already fond of it lol :')
i agree with you that the fanbase is full of nasties, but i do love the show and the fanart output. steven universe is one of the few shows that's actually held my interest for more than a few weeks, so i find it very sad that the fanbase is so disgusting :c

the art (both official and fanmade) is really what drew me into watching it, to be honest. i didn't learn about the fans until after i was already fond of it lol :')
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
Don't you think that considering Steven Universe has a thread of its own you didn't need to make an entire topic to say one thing about it?
Don't you think that considering Steven Universe has a thread of its own you didn't need to make an entire topic to say one thing about it?
5701.png • sailor / he/him / adult
• feel free to ping me
• did you know: horses have 400,000 blood types?
[quote name="Startedraining" date=2016-05-15 19:26:56] Don't you think that considering Steven Universe has a thread of its own you didn't need to make an entire topic to say one thing about it? [/quote] Rudeness aside, you do make a point. Could you point me to it please? I went back 11 pages and couldn't find it.

Startedraining wrote on 2016-05-15:
Rudeness aside, you do make a point. Could you point me to it please? I went back 11 pages and couldn't find it.
Hugs? Hugs!
37132792_350.png
[img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/4579254bdf484efa59190513695f1eea/tumblr_o73a0ihe141tzj16uo3_250.png[/img] d'aw thanks! this show has honestly inspired me to start drawing, nice to see people appreciate the fruits of our efforts!
tumblr_o73a0ihe141tzj16uo3_250.png

d'aw thanks! this show has honestly inspired me to start drawing, nice to see people appreciate the fruits of our efforts!
-woody
-she/her
-very bisexual
-type 1 diabetic
-dragon sales
-coli grinding
0a336a4f9a312bb09aa01acd45192ada8875c8ea.png shadow.gif
[quote name="Startedraining" date=2016-05-15 19:26:56] Don't you think that considering Steven Universe has a thread of its own you didn't need to make an entire topic to say one thing about it? [/quote] Are you legit implying that Kanestiel should waste their time trying to find a buried thread? Even if they did, don't you think this would be a stupid "topic" to talk about on a Steven Universe-based thread? Where there might be some rude people? Jesus.. @Kanestiel - With that aside (had to say something sorry vuv), I agree completely with you! As much as I don't like the art style the show has and some of the character personalities (since all of them are pretty stale, tbh..), I really do enjoy some of the "gemsonas" others create! Along with some the artwork they create. As I said for personalities, some of the characters I notice seem to be very cliche. Pearl being the leader, very wise, etc. Garnet(?) being the quiet and tough one. And that purple one being the rambunctious rebel. All in all, I really do enjoy the fanart a lot of the fans create!
Startedraining wrote on 2016-05-15:

Are you legit implying that Kanestiel should waste their time trying to find a buried thread? Even if they did, don't you think this would be a stupid "topic" to talk about on a Steven Universe-based thread? Where there might be some rude people? Jesus..

@Kanestiel -

With that aside (had to say something sorry vuv), I agree completely with you! As much as I don't like the art style the show has and some of the character personalities (since all of them are pretty stale, tbh..), I really do enjoy some of the "gemsonas" others create! Along with some the artwork they create. As I said for personalities, some of the characters I notice seem to be very cliche. Pearl being the leader, very wise, etc. Garnet(?) being the quiet and tough one. And that purple one being the rambunctious rebel.

All in all, I really do enjoy the fanart a lot of the fans create!
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
I LOVE the show but the fanbase drives me crazy, I get where youre coming from my dude. Its just that the show is one of those shows where "OMG nonbinary lesbians with different body types!" which is good, like i love it, but tumblr loves to make shows like that have a toxic and unbearable fanbase
I LOVE the show but the fanbase drives me crazy, I get where youre coming from my dude. Its just that the show is one of those shows where "OMG nonbinary lesbians with different body types!" which is good, like i love it, but tumblr loves to make shows like that have a toxic and unbearable fanbase
b7cQY.gif RX9In.gif 9yvs7.gif 0g4h7.gif
ZJe5f.gifoZ9o2.gif

s.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.png
@Sharpstar
It was on the front page, hardly buried. Try harder.
@Sharpstar
It was on the front page, hardly buried. Try harder.
5701.png • sailor / he/him / adult
• feel free to ping me
• did you know: horses have 400,000 blood types?
1 2