Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Selling art
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I didnt see it in the art selling board. It's been a while since I've been online. Whats the conversion from USD/Gold/Gems? Is art allowed to be sold for USD here? What are the rules regarding that? Thanks.
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I didnt see it in the art selling board. It's been a while since I've been online. Whats the conversion from USD/Gold/Gems? Is art allowed to be sold for USD here? What are the rules regarding that? Thanks.
art blog
@zealli Gems > USD is a fixed rate as per the buying Gems Page. basically 100g = $1 (although discounts apply on higher numbers there)
Gems > Treasure fluctuates, best to keep an eye on the items for sale page, currently at 1g:700t or thereabouts.

Currently: $1=100g=70,000t
@zealli Gems > USD is a fixed rate as per the buying Gems Page. basically 100g = $1 (although discounts apply on higher numbers there)
Gems > Treasure fluctuates, best to keep an eye on the items for sale page, currently at 1g:700t or thereabouts.

Currently: $1=100g=70,000t
gBiG1sU.png Preview Accents On Scrys!
List of new colors and HTML Values
Click the art to go to the artists!
Need help with Coding? Just Ask!
I'm Friendly, but blunt on occasion.
Need Help Melting Mats? Ask Here!
jdf0AYP.png
Hi there, @zealli! The Art Sales policy can be found in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url]. :) [quote][b]Art Sales Policy[/b] a.You may sell your digital Flight Rising fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Flight Rising Currency. [LIST=1] [*]Note that Flight Rising retains the copyright to its dragons and designs. [/LIST] b.You may display your Flight Rising fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or the URL text to or for flightrising.com on or near the image. c.No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not. [LIST=1] [*]Tangible merchandise utilizing Flight Rising IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Flight Rising currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded. [/LIST] d.Artwork utilizing the Flight Rising IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities. e.Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Flight Rising'[/quote] When it says that only 5 units of tangible merchandise may be sold for real-world money, it means that you can only ever sell 5 pieces of tangible art (It's not 5 of one type of tangible art and 5 of another type. Example: 3 plush toys, 4 prints, and a bracelet would be 3 items too many ).
Hi there, @zealli! The Art Sales policy can be found in the Terms of Use. :)
Quote:
Art Sales Policy
a.You may sell your digital Flight Rising fan art or commissions for both "real world" currency or for Flight Rising Currency.
  1. Note that Flight Rising retains the copyright to its dragons and designs.
b.You may display your Flight Rising fan art on your personal website provided that you provide a link or the URL text to or for flightrising.com on or near the image.
c.No more than 5 units be sold of tangible merchandise utilizing the Flight Rising intellectual property (IP) be sold for "real world" currency. Making a piece of fan art or a craft project is fine, but making a business out of Flight Rising merchandise is not.
  1. Tangible merchandise utilizing Flight Rising IP may be gifted, traded, purchased with Flight Rising currency, or raffled (provided the raffle does not utilize "real world" currency) beyond this 5 unit limit, but may not be sold for "real world" currency once the 5 unit limit is exceeded.
d.Artwork utilizing the Flight Rising IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.
e.Artwork sales of original works, -tangible and digital- utilizing the artist's own IP may be sold by the artist and have no limitations on units sold. The limitations above are placed solely on works using Flight Rising'

When it says that only 5 units of tangible merchandise may be sold for real-world money, it means that you can only ever sell 5 pieces of tangible art (It's not 5 of one type of tangible art and 5 of another type. Example: 3 plush toys, 4 prints, and a bracelet would be 3 items too many ).
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.

@JCStitches Does that mean if someone wanted art of their dragon, I could only ever sell five pieces of dragon art? What if the user has a hijinka/humanized design of their dragon instead, would that be allowed to pass the 5 piece rule? Thanks in advance!

@JCStitches Does that mean if someone wanted art of their dragon, I could only ever sell five pieces of dragon art? What if the user has a hijinka/humanized design of their dragon instead, would that be allowed to pass the 5 piece rule? Thanks in advance!
art blog
@zealli The 5 unit rule specifies tangible art. That means art you can hold in your hands - like making merchandise using copyrighted material. If you're selling digital commissions, there's no limits. :)
@zealli The 5 unit rule specifies tangible art. That means art you can hold in your hands - like making merchandise using copyrighted material. If you're selling digital commissions, there's no limits. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches Oh I see! That clears it up, thank you so much!
@JCStitches Oh I see! That clears it up, thank you so much!
art blog
[quote name="JCStitches" date=2016-04-22 06:31:47] @zealli The 5 unit rule specifies tangible art. That means art you can hold in your hands - like making merchandise using copyrighted material. If you're selling digital commissions, there's no limits. :) [/quote] So say I design cross stitch patterns for others to purchase, download, and make their own crafts from, would that be counted as digital art since it's a digital pattern download, or as tangible art since they're potentially making something from it?
JCStitches wrote on 2016-04-22:

So say I design cross stitch patterns for others to purchase, download, and make their own crafts from, would that be counted as digital art since it's a digital pattern download, or as tangible art since they're potentially making something from it?
+3 FR TIME
HE/HIM TRANS
INFP-T ADHD-C
POLYAM-PANRO-GRACE

DRAGONS FOR SALE arrow.png
COLISEUM LEVELING arrow.png
GEM EXCHANGE arrow.png
NEST RENTALS arrow.png
NATURE BREWING arrow.png
WISHLIST arrow.png
ygg-clan.png