Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds Issue
So I already tried finding the answer to the problem via google search, but I didn't find much... Here's the issue:

I am on an Acer Chromebook, on school internet, and neither game sockets will connect.
Oddly, they connected fine last year, and earlier this year. But now, as soon as I click on a game, it goes to the game screen and instantly gives the "cannot connect" error. It happens on both connections, and this has never happened before. The bar usually loads behind the error, but stops at about 95% or so- or it doesn't load at all.

Once on Shock Switch a couple days ago it threw the error but the game still loaded to a playable point- I haven't been able to recreate that, though. Earlier today Artifracture loaded enough for me to click play, but then the grid was empty of objects to switch.

I haven't tried getting on at home, but tonight I will do so, and update this if need-be.

Thanks in advance!

-Faith
So I already tried finding the answer to the problem via google search, but I didn't find much... Here's the issue:

I am on an Acer Chromebook, on school internet, and neither game sockets will connect.
Oddly, they connected fine last year, and earlier this year. But now, as soon as I click on a game, it goes to the game screen and instantly gives the "cannot connect" error. It happens on both connections, and this has never happened before. The bar usually loads behind the error, but stops at about 95% or so- or it doesn't load at all.

Once on Shock Switch a couple days ago it threw the error but the game still loaded to a playable point- I haven't been able to recreate that, though. Earlier today Artifracture loaded enough for me to click play, but then the grid was empty of objects to switch.

I haven't tried getting on at home, but tonight I will do so, and update this if need-be.

Thanks in advance!

-Faith
@FaithlessRetreat It could be that your school has set preferences over the ether net connection to prevent the fairgrounds games from loading. Most commonly schools will block Shockwave or even Java from running to prevent malware and viruses in the system. It would possibly be a good idea to ask the school IT team about this if it does indeed appear to be something on their end that is causing the problem.
@FaithlessRetreat It could be that your school has set preferences over the ether net connection to prevent the fairgrounds games from loading. Most commonly schools will block Shockwave or even Java from running to prevent malware and viruses in the system. It would possibly be a good idea to ask the school IT team about this if it does indeed appear to be something on their end that is causing the problem.
ElFi6Vj.pngVovN7TT.gif3yxkewT.png I am on FR time currently.
@KittyLune
Hm... Java works fine everywhere else, and the wireless connection has only one firewall I've encountered, and that was for a website that a wall was much needed for.
Just a couple months ago the places worked fine... I've no clue what could have come up to change that, as I'm fairly certain that nothing has specifically changed in the actual network.

Ahh well, I'll see what the techies have to offer.
Thanks,

-Faith

EDIT

Yeah, must just be a school issue, because it loads fine on my phone at home (though I can't play the games... Lol)
@KittyLune
Hm... Java works fine everywhere else, and the wireless connection has only one firewall I've encountered, and that was for a website that a wall was much needed for.
Just a couple months ago the places worked fine... I've no clue what could have come up to change that, as I'm fairly certain that nothing has specifically changed in the actual network.

Ahh well, I'll see what the techies have to offer.
Thanks,

-Faith

EDIT

Yeah, must just be a school issue, because it loads fine on my phone at home (though I can't play the games... Lol)