Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Petals: A New Primary Gene!
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75 76
I have always found RNG to be the better mistress than P2W.

But then again, that's coming from someone who has almost all the 1% drop rate mounts in WoW. It's a combination of luck, and determination. The more you do it the better your statistical average gets of seeing something drop. But every battle from the 100th to the 1st has the same chance of dropping what you want.

It's fortunate that the people who don't like Coli, or RNG will still have the chance to get these genes from the AH. At face value that doesn't sound "fair" but most games won't even give you an additional way to obtain items like that. You have to get it that way or not at all.

The auction house is the equalizer. Everyone have the ability to work towards what they want and buy it from there.
I have always found RNG to be the better mistress than P2W.

But then again, that's coming from someone who has almost all the 1% drop rate mounts in WoW. It's a combination of luck, and determination. The more you do it the better your statistical average gets of seeing something drop. But every battle from the 100th to the 1st has the same chance of dropping what you want.

It's fortunate that the people who don't like Coli, or RNG will still have the chance to get these genes from the AH. At face value that doesn't sound "fair" but most games won't even give you an additional way to obtain items like that. You have to get it that way or not at all.

The auction house is the equalizer. Everyone have the ability to work towards what they want and buy it from there.
tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo5_r1_250.png Plagueisweenies2k15
I like the Petal gene! It's quite pretty in certain colors and on certain breeds! ^^

I voted for Coli for the python & morph genes, too. I like the variety and the chance to catch something different in the Coli. We have treasure and gem and Baldwin genes. Next is Coli. Maybe we'll get a Swipp gene some day, too!
I like the Petal gene! It's quite pretty in certain colors and on certain breeds! ^^

I voted for Coli for the python & morph genes, too. I like the variety and the chance to catch something different in the Coli. We have treasure and gem and Baldwin genes. Next is Coli. Maybe we'll get a Swipp gene some day, too!
Silver Kitsune Wish List | Chest List Golden Kitsune
@VeiledOverdose

Aah right, I get you!

Eggs are a shiny star rated item right? Yet the standard MP gene scroll rating is 5 stars if I'm remembering correctly! Maybe they'll be slightly less than eggs then, in regards to their rarity and so should drop a bit more often! But with the revamp, perhaps even eggs will be less tricky to get! :)
@VeiledOverdose

Aah right, I get you!

Eggs are a shiny star rated item right? Yet the standard MP gene scroll rating is 5 stars if I'm remembering correctly! Maybe they'll be slightly less than eggs then, in regards to their rarity and so should drop a bit more often! But with the revamp, perhaps even eggs will be less tricky to get! :)
PZrtd0w.png
KuVwO6D.pnglbp8YPL.pnghXcixzv.png4mT11kg.pngXP8xXpp.png
This feedback is purely for the staff.

I am a bit disappointed in the new genes being Coli exclusive, because I have been developing wrist issues and can no longer coli grind like I used to be able to.

Maybe it would be better if they were not as rare as egg drops in the coli? Because in nearly 2 years of being on FR I have only received 2 coli eggs ever. (and that was 2 within a week of each other after a year and a half of no eggs lol)

Not saying to make them as easy to get as battle stones, but maybe like the pink silk apparel rarity? That way they are more accessible and so the AH prices on them can drop to around what is normal MP prices for genes. (Since eggs prices are able to stay lowish because they can also be found when Gathering and so are not just reliant on the Coli as a source.)
This feedback is purely for the staff.

I am a bit disappointed in the new genes being Coli exclusive, because I have been developing wrist issues and can no longer coli grind like I used to be able to.

Maybe it would be better if they were not as rare as egg drops in the coli? Because in nearly 2 years of being on FR I have only received 2 coli eggs ever. (and that was 2 within a week of each other after a year and a half of no eggs lol)

Not saying to make them as easy to get as battle stones, but maybe like the pink silk apparel rarity? That way they are more accessible and so the AH prices on them can drop to around what is normal MP prices for genes. (Since eggs prices are able to stay lowish because they can also be found when Gathering and so are not just reliant on the Coli as a source.)
They/Them FR+2
@McAlli
As you just said yourself, the coliseum is a huge part of Flight Rising. It's a main source of entertainment, alongside the forums and the fairgrounds, and it's a feature hundreds of people use. Whether they use it for exalt fodder training, item grinding, or just a way to kill time.

Making a gene a coliseum drop is not "unfair", just like making site-owned skins coliseum drops isn't unfair. Does the coliseum need work? Absolutely! No one is disputing that. The excessive amount of clicking necessary is a strain on the wrist, and the graphics/animations can cause serious eye strain and--as you also mentioned--seizures in extreme cases.

But the fact of the matter is the coliseum is a popular feature, and adding genes as random drops is just another way to make it more fun for those who do enjoy the grind. It is not unfair to make things coli-exclusive, and, to be frank with you, no one cares that you hate the coli. You are one person amidst thousands, and like it or not, majority rules in this situation.
@McAlli
As you just said yourself, the coliseum is a huge part of Flight Rising. It's a main source of entertainment, alongside the forums and the fairgrounds, and it's a feature hundreds of people use. Whether they use it for exalt fodder training, item grinding, or just a way to kill time.

Making a gene a coliseum drop is not "unfair", just like making site-owned skins coliseum drops isn't unfair. Does the coliseum need work? Absolutely! No one is disputing that. The excessive amount of clicking necessary is a strain on the wrist, and the graphics/animations can cause serious eye strain and--as you also mentioned--seizures in extreme cases.

But the fact of the matter is the coliseum is a popular feature, and adding genes as random drops is just another way to make it more fun for those who do enjoy the grind. It is not unfair to make things coli-exclusive, and, to be frank with you, no one cares that you hate the coli. You are one person amidst thousands, and like it or not, majority rules in this situation.
tumblr_static_borrzsxt3s0gkc4w80c8ok4k0.pngtumblr_of3qldbjBv1rxsxifo1_r6_100.png
The post itself literally says the genes won't be released into the coli until the rewrite happens. Given this, coming into the forum and continuously bashing it seems futile, as the re-write will likely boost accessibility in the desired ways. If the re-write happens and the coli still isn't accessible, then by all means, voice your concerns. Harping on it now it preemptive and unnecessary; the staff is planning on improving the coli, and only then will python/morph be released.

Honestly, I'm glad to see FR find ways to release genes in more engaging ways. Gem/treasure genes are fun, but don't take much to obtain. Poi/Tox were exciting because they utilized more exciting means of obtaining genes. Adding genes that require more player engagement keeps the game fresh and motivates people to participate more
The post itself literally says the genes won't be released into the coli until the rewrite happens. Given this, coming into the forum and continuously bashing it seems futile, as the re-write will likely boost accessibility in the desired ways. If the re-write happens and the coli still isn't accessible, then by all means, voice your concerns. Harping on it now it preemptive and unnecessary; the staff is planning on improving the coli, and only then will python/morph be released.

Honestly, I'm glad to see FR find ways to release genes in more engaging ways. Gem/treasure genes are fun, but don't take much to obtain. Poi/Tox were exciting because they utilized more exciting means of obtaining genes. Adding genes that require more player engagement keeps the game fresh and motivates people to participate more
dhJpGiJ.gif
I NEED!!!!

Plus those protobeasts look beautiful <3
I NEED!!!!

Plus those protobeasts look beautiful <3
chaos_the_blue_flare_by_dragongirl408-d4erdqf.jpg
@replasy
That's literally, singularly, the best reply ever.
Serious
I giggled
I giggled so hard at that little face.
Just.. OcO
@replasy
That's literally, singularly, the best reply ever.
Serious
I giggled
I giggled so hard at that little face.
Just.. OcO
ElFi6Vj.pngGuess you could say I'm on ice.BNEyPcu.png
Now we need rat familiars! ;w;
Now we need rat familiars! ;w;
nonbinary_pride_flag__f2u__by_avakados-dcefgdt.gifpansexual_pride_flag__f2u__by_avakados-dcdg6h0.gif
@daxton haha thank u i'm glad u approve B)
@daxton haha thank u i'm glad u approve B)
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75 76