Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Baby Brew
1 2 3 4 5
I do not like this idea. I could see things like unhatched eggs, (not eggs from nests) or other items that we normally would not put into the cauldron could be candidates for transmutation.

To me it does not seem right to be able to do dragons though.

As it is we have 5 different transmuting items we get from the cauldron, so what would having the ability to reduce a dragon give us?

If they decide to give us another category to reduce I would much rather see the battle items be added. How many would reduce Minor potions or plain might or acuity fragments?

Sorry no support for Hatchling reduction.
I do not like this idea. I could see things like unhatched eggs, (not eggs from nests) or other items that we normally would not put into the cauldron could be candidates for transmutation.

To me it does not seem right to be able to do dragons though.

As it is we have 5 different transmuting items we get from the cauldron, so what would having the ability to reduce a dragon give us?

If they decide to give us another category to reduce I would much rather see the battle items be added. How many would reduce Minor potions or plain might or acuity fragments?

Sorry no support for Hatchling reduction.
My only worry about reducing hatchlings (aside from the obvious drama, even with only being able to do your own) would be the ID numbers of the dragons, would they be recycled, or just skipped never to be used again? (assuming that Dragonsage's idea is the one that gets implemented where the dragon is gone as if it was never born) Granted, it isn't a HUGE concern.

That was another reason I think being able to reduce nested eggs rather than hatchlings was a better idea (though I am still on the fence as to whether it should be a full nest that gets reduced or if you could reduce individual eggs.). Those eggs won't have ID numbers associated with them, so there would be no worry about the IDs.

Also, I don't really want to have the found unhatched eggs to be reduceable. Since they would show up in your other tab, I think it would be WAY to easy to accidentally click on it and probably get sludge back.

Edit: I also agree that we should probably get muck from the eggs as familiars and apparel are, to me at least, the hardest items to find to reduce (for free, I don't buy familiars or apparel to reduce, I can't make a profit that way...)
My only worry about reducing hatchlings (aside from the obvious drama, even with only being able to do your own) would be the ID numbers of the dragons, would they be recycled, or just skipped never to be used again? (assuming that Dragonsage's idea is the one that gets implemented where the dragon is gone as if it was never born) Granted, it isn't a HUGE concern.

That was another reason I think being able to reduce nested eggs rather than hatchlings was a better idea (though I am still on the fence as to whether it should be a full nest that gets reduced or if you could reduce individual eggs.). Those eggs won't have ID numbers associated with them, so there would be no worry about the IDs.

Also, I don't really want to have the found unhatched eggs to be reduceable. Since they would show up in your other tab, I think it would be WAY to easy to accidentally click on it and probably get sludge back.

Edit: I also agree that we should probably get muck from the eggs as familiars and apparel are, to me at least, the hardest items to find to reduce (for free, I don't buy familiars or apparel to reduce, I can't make a profit that way...)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think its a great idea to reduce dragons. It'll be funny.
I think its a great idea to reduce dragons. It'll be funny.
I also think it's funny and I'd support, not to mention, giving us another way to get rid of unwanted dragons would be great and might help control dragon populations. The dragon's page could say it was exalted or something. I don't see why any "limitations" are necessary, the same rules would apply as exalting - if it isn't your dragon, it's none of your business, and booting dragons off the site is important to keep it running.

After all, we can melt down familiars, not sure why dragons are different.
I also think it's funny and I'd support, not to mention, giving us another way to get rid of unwanted dragons would be great and might help control dragon populations. The dragon's page could say it was exalted or something. I don't see why any "limitations" are necessary, the same rules would apply as exalting - if it isn't your dragon, it's none of your business, and booting dragons off the site is important to keep it running.

After all, we can melt down familiars, not sure why dragons are different.
I support, honestly. Exalting itself doesnt get enough dragons out of the system because its hard to keep enough people consistently interested in it. Always up for new avenues of getting rid of the excess.
I support, honestly. Exalting itself doesnt get enough dragons out of the system because its hard to keep enough people consistently interested in it. Always up for new avenues of getting rid of the excess.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
No support.

It just seems too dark and not to mention unnecessary, and it could potentially cause lots of drama. And besides, what would happen to the dragon coding and page-wise? And the ID number? What if someone viewed its page? It wasn't exalted after all, so it wouldn't give the exalted page.

If we need more, new different things to melt down in Baldwin, I would think battle stones/items would be a better idea. I have way too many minor health potions that I am not going to use.
No support.

It just seems too dark and not to mention unnecessary, and it could potentially cause lots of drama. And besides, what would happen to the dragon coding and page-wise? And the ID number? What if someone viewed its page? It wasn't exalted after all, so it wouldn't give the exalted page.

If we need more, new different things to melt down in Baldwin, I would think battle stones/items would be a better idea. I have way too many minor health potions that I am not going to use.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
No support, there's enough drama about exalted dragons totally being killed even if the lore says otherwise, without adding a mechanic where it'd be hard to argue that they AREN'T being killed.

I could maybe support if it was a new material type where like... you can 'put' a dragon in the cauldron but it's really just some shed fur or scales or whatever, and you can only do it once with a given dragon and they aren't adversely affected by it. Wouldn't take dragons out of the system, of course, but doesn't the site have enough drama? :P
No support, there's enough drama about exalted dragons totally being killed even if the lore says otherwise, without adding a mechanic where it'd be hard to argue that they AREN'T being killed.

I could maybe support if it was a new material type where like... you can 'put' a dragon in the cauldron but it's really just some shed fur or scales or whatever, and you can only do it once with a given dragon and they aren't adversely affected by it. Wouldn't take dragons out of the system, of course, but doesn't the site have enough drama? :P
UJXttDL.png
No support for dragons. Support for nests. Not for unhatched eggs.

The only way to ensure that it does not muck things up with drama etc. as well as coding is to do it with nests.

As it is there is a possibility that Baldwin is making a huge zombie familiar army. Why add dragons :P *twilight zone music*
No support for dragons. Support for nests. Not for unhatched eggs.

The only way to ensure that it does not muck things up with drama etc. as well as coding is to do it with nests.

As it is there is a possibility that Baldwin is making a huge zombie familiar army. Why add dragons :P *twilight zone music*
Stuff will one day go here.
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2016-04-05 14:21:13] No support because of potential drama. There'd be no way people who don't want their dragons to be brewed could stop this unless they never, ever sold, traded or gave away another dragon ever again. I know that's how I would have to play, and it would decrease my ability to enjoy FR since I could no longer sell hatchlings without the risk of them being deleted forever. Dragonsage mentions qualifiers that NEED to be in place if this ever were to occur. Broken lineages are a big one as people could try to artificially make Gen 1 dragons by brewing both parents. [/quote] [color=indigo] Basically this. I don't mind exalting, as according to the lore it is an honour (and that is how I treat it) and if I wanted to I could still check on the dragon, it still exists. However this would completely remove the dragon from the game, and I don't really like that. It is a canon death, and I don't think that such a thing is appropriate for a site like this. The only way I would be okay with this is in only dragons you have bred could be transmuted, but even then I still don't really like it.
gemajgall wrote on 2016-04-05:
No support because of potential drama. There'd be no way people who don't want their dragons to be brewed could stop this unless they never, ever sold, traded or gave away another dragon ever again. I know that's how I would have to play, and it would decrease my ability to enjoy FR since I could no longer sell hatchlings without the risk of them being deleted forever.

Dragonsage mentions qualifiers that NEED to be in place if this ever were to occur. Broken lineages are a big one as people could try to artificially make Gen 1 dragons by brewing both parents.

Basically this. I don't mind exalting, as according to the lore it is an honour (and that is how I treat it) and if I wanted to I could still check on the dragon, it still exists. However this would completely remove the dragon from the game, and I don't really like that. It is a canon death, and I don't think that such a thing is appropriate for a site like this. The only way I would be okay with this is in only dragons you have bred could be transmuted, but even then I still don't really like it.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Full support for this! Who says putting a dragon in the cauldron is killing it? A commonly held head-cannon is that when familiars are reduced, we're only reducing part of them, such as blood, feathers, or fur. The same can be true for dragons.

Besides, there's already people who see exalting as "killing" the dragon and we can ignore them well enough. We shouldn't stop a useful site addition because a few players will get whiny about it. Anyone who doesn't want to reduce dragons can just not reduce dragons.
Full support for this! Who says putting a dragon in the cauldron is killing it? A commonly held head-cannon is that when familiars are reduced, we're only reducing part of them, such as blood, feathers, or fur. The same can be true for dragons.

Besides, there's already people who see exalting as "killing" the dragon and we can ignore them well enough. We shouldn't stop a useful site addition because a few players will get whiny about it. Anyone who doesn't want to reduce dragons can just not reduce dragons.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
1 2 3 4 5