Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Boss Fight! - 48 Hour Thread (Closed)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27
[img]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/CinnabarCobra/Emergency%20Howlite_zpszwef8nly.png[/img] As Howlite's apian messenger delivered the question to the security of Avenelle, she ran through adjectives in her head, before settling on one that resonated deeply inside her. "Certainty is something I've always lacked, or so I've always thought. Yes, that's it. "[b]I'd like to be definite.[/b]" The titanic insect flew away to deliver the answer.
Emergency%20Howlite_zpszwef8nly.png

As Howlite's apian messenger delivered the question to the security of Avenelle, she ran through adjectives in her head, before settling on one that resonated deeply inside her. "Certainty is something I've always lacked, or so I've always thought. Yes, that's it. "I'd like to be definite." The titanic insect flew away to deliver the answer.
4VUJBb.png
[img]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b436/CinnabarCobra/Emergency%20Howlite_zpszwef8nly.png[/img] "Wait." Howlite said to the hornet. "Land of Hornets and Lilacs is a stupid name. [b]I'd like to rename it Anselme.[/b] And it's great here. I'm preferably never going back to that, what was it called? [b]Upper Arcadia[/b], I think."
Emergency%20Howlite_zpszwef8nly.png

"Wait." Howlite said to the hornet. "Land of Hornets and Lilacs is a stupid name. I'd like to rename it Anselme. And it's great here. I'm preferably never going back to that, what was it called? Upper Arcadia, I think."
4VUJBb.png
@Agrina
Haze stopped humming abruptly. Hm? What was that? For a second there, he thought he could feel another's presence. Was someone there? Did someone other than Ruune hear me? The thought of someone eavesdropping on him made him uncomfortable, and yet he wondered. Focusing on his magic, Haze reached out to see if he could sense them again. Nothing. Odd. They must have broken contact. He was still curious about the strange presence, but he decided not to pursue any further. It's probably best if I don't get too friendly with anyone anyway. Part of the reason why I created this world is so that no one has to come close to me. The Skydancer sighed before proceeding to spawn in some turtles, deciding that they would be nice additions to his universe.
@Agrina
Haze stopped humming abruptly. Hm? What was that? For a second there, he thought he could feel another's presence. Was someone there? Did someone other than Ruune hear me? The thought of someone eavesdropping on him made him uncomfortable, and yet he wondered. Focusing on his magic, Haze reached out to see if he could sense them again. Nothing. Odd. They must have broken contact. He was still curious about the strange presence, but he decided not to pursue any further. It's probably best if I don't get too friendly with anyone anyway. Part of the reason why I created this world is so that no one has to come close to me. The Skydancer sighed before proceeding to spawn in some turtles, deciding that they would be nice additions to his universe.
okmHpJ6.pngiwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.pngiVZQ1Bj.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22046237] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/220463/22046237_350.png[/img] [/url] Venatrix had now placed herself on a larger rock in the river above the waterfall, or maybe she had made the same one bigger. Either way, she was now sitting comfortably looking over her watery, marshy, open expanse. This place had to have a name... A fitting one. [b]"Hydorlithos"[/b] was the word that came to mind, and she stuck with it - for lack of anything better. "It's stupid sounding" she said out loud, again to no one in particular, "but I can't say I ever put much thought into naming areas,". She gave her tail a little flick, and with that she realised she hadn't met any of the others. For a dragon like her, that wouldn't do. She had to know everyone. She wandered into the area she found herself in before the creation of Hydorlithos, without saying anything to attract attention to herself, but with enough self-assurance in her walk that her presence was notable. Again, she flicked her tail a little, carefully deciding who, if anyone, was safe to approach.

22046237_350.png

Venatrix had now placed herself on a larger rock in the river above the waterfall, or maybe she had made the same one bigger. Either way, she was now sitting comfortably looking over her watery, marshy, open expanse. This place had to have a name... A fitting one.
"Hydorlithos" was the word that came to mind, and she stuck with it - for lack of anything better.
"It's stupid sounding" she said out loud, again to no one in particular, "but I can't say I ever put much thought into naming areas,". She gave her tail a little flick, and with that she realised she hadn't met any of the others. For a dragon like her, that wouldn't do. She had to know everyone.

She wandered into the area she found herself in before the creation of Hydorlithos, without saying anything to attract attention to herself, but with enough self-assurance in her walk that her presence was notable. Again, she flicked her tail a little, carefully deciding who, if anyone, was safe to approach.
CHARLIE
They/She | 17 | UK - BST +8 Server Time
I fixed the glowing teardrop headpiece on my head and then shortened my scepter. The gauntlets turned into gloves with runes weaved into them, and siphoned magic from the pools. Now... This shall be called Magaira, the land of healing and magic. I then decided to tap back into the thread connecting mind-to-mind. My magic snaked towards the last dragon and touched their mind, creating a new connection, a fragile one. If they chose to accept, they could strengthen it. If they declined, they could destroy it.
@ChildOfNaga @Beheaded
I fixed the glowing teardrop headpiece on my head and then shortened my scepter. The gauntlets turned into gloves with runes weaved into them, and siphoned magic from the pools. Now... This shall be called Magaira, the land of healing and magic. I then decided to tap back into the thread connecting mind-to-mind. My magic snaked towards the last dragon and touched their mind, creating a new connection, a fragile one. If they chose to accept, they could strengthen it. If they declined, they could destroy it.
@ChildOfNaga @Beheaded
Agrina/ Lena, she/ her pronouns, FR +0
ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif tririddlebadge21_by_dragoonwys-dazbx1q.png
[i]It was abruptly dark. Abrupt may not have been the correct word, as the fae could not actually remember anything before the darkness, yet one got the undeniable impression of having been whisked away from somewhere else, as though someone had just flicked the lights on another scene entirely. Speaking of light, she could see something now, a dim glow that flicked blue, casting strange phantasmal shapes off her eyes. Gradually, she began to perceive form in the inky stew, and the darkness itself seemed to ripple, retract. She reached out to touch it, to watch it sway beneath her claws. There was a faint murmur as though someone's breath was bated on the other side. She grabbed the curtain and yanked it back[/i] and was dazzled by the light. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9918687] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/99187/9918687_350.png[/img] [/url] Gweir blinked. Her eyes couldn't quite comprehend what she was watching, but somehow her mind translated the jumbled sight into a vision of creation. Or perhaps it was the voice in her ear that did the translating, the voice that declared words like '[i]god[/i]' with enough determination that she almost wanted to believe it. [i]A god, me? Now there's a scary thought.[/i] Still, even if she was dreaming she didn't want to be left out of the fun. She dragged her claws through the air, rending the empty space into swaths of light. And the light coalesced and became solid... Gweir's land was one of contrast. Parts of its surface gleamed brilliantly, but in doing so they shrouded the bits which did not in patches of pitch: sharp, angular shadows that ground geometric into the landscape. Cutting through the terrain was a river of unnaturally clear water, the bed of which was formed of golden coins, like the watershed of all wishing wells. Gweir took up one of the coins in her claws and promptly made it vanish, though through slight of hand rather than any great powers of creation. She looked over the expanse of shifting light and found she already knew what to call it. [i][b]Eidolon.[/b][/i] The fae looked up to the vast, empty sky as a question was posed. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/99187/9918687p.png?mtime=VoxXQQAAQ_Y.png[/img]"What do I want?" The coin danced back into her hands in a flash. She turned it over, only to see that all distingishing marks were worn down, save for a small [i]9[/i]. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/99187/9918687p.png?mtime=VoxXQQAAQ_Y.png[/img]"Not that I'm not enjoying your company, Grim, but I think I'd very much like to perfect my vanishing act." With a flick of her wrist, the token was gone again. [size=1]@Beheaded ((this got really long sorry))
It was abruptly dark.

Abrupt may not have been the correct word, as the fae could not actually remember anything before the darkness, yet one got the undeniable impression of having been whisked away from somewhere else, as though someone had just flicked the lights on another scene entirely.

Speaking of light, she could see something now, a dim glow that flicked blue, casting strange phantasmal shapes off her eyes. Gradually, she began to perceive form in the inky stew, and the darkness itself seemed to ripple, retract. She reached out to touch it, to watch it sway beneath her claws. There was a faint murmur as though someone's breath was bated on the other side. She grabbed the curtain and yanked it back

and was dazzled by the light.

9918687_350.png

Gweir blinked. Her eyes couldn't quite comprehend what she was watching, but somehow her mind translated the jumbled sight into a vision of creation. Or perhaps it was the voice in her ear that did the translating, the voice that declared words like 'god' with enough determination that she almost wanted to believe it.

A god, me? Now there's a scary thought.

Still, even if she was dreaming she didn't want to be left out of the fun. She dragged her claws through the air, rending the empty space into swaths of light. And the light coalesced and became solid...

Gweir's land was one of contrast. Parts of its surface gleamed brilliantly, but in doing so they shrouded the bits which did not in patches of pitch: sharp, angular shadows that ground geometric into the landscape. Cutting through the terrain was a river of unnaturally clear water, the bed of which was formed of golden coins, like the watershed of all wishing wells. Gweir took up one of the coins in her claws and promptly made it vanish, though through slight of hand rather than any great powers of creation. She looked over the expanse of shifting light and found she already knew what to call it.

Eidolon.

The fae looked up to the vast, empty sky as a question was posed.

9918687p.png?mtime=VoxXQQAAQ_Y.png"What do I want?"

The coin danced back into her hands in a flash. She turned it over, only to see that all distingishing marks were worn down, save for a small 9.

9918687p.png?mtime=VoxXQQAAQ_Y.png"Not that I'm not enjoying your company, Grim, but I think I'd very much like to perfect my vanishing act."

With a flick of her wrist, the token was gone again.

@Beheaded ((this got really long sorry))
VOIPBvS.png
@beheaded

The tundra did not have to think long before answering Ruune's question. "I seek strength and glory. I seek it not for myself, but so that I can protect those who cannot protect themselves and fight all evil in this world. Only those who are worthy may enter my land, and those who are worthy, my phoenix and griffin guards will not punish them. But if they are found to be deceiving, thieving, murdering, or guilty of any other sins, I want the power to bring them down so that they cannot hurt anybody else." He put his right paw in front of the other and stood in an offensive stance, but you could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

"I also want the strength to be brave and courageous, and to never back down, especially not in the middle of an important battle." Tux added.

"Also, I wish to change the name of my land. The Land of Fire sounds childish- which is understandable, since I created this land as a child. But this is reality I suppose, and I have the power to change that name... right? I hope so. I want to change the name to Skaerenzil."
@beheaded

The tundra did not have to think long before answering Ruune's question. "I seek strength and glory. I seek it not for myself, but so that I can protect those who cannot protect themselves and fight all evil in this world. Only those who are worthy may enter my land, and those who are worthy, my phoenix and griffin guards will not punish them. But if they are found to be deceiving, thieving, murdering, or guilty of any other sins, I want the power to bring them down so that they cannot hurt anybody else." He put his right paw in front of the other and stood in an offensive stance, but you could hear the uncertainty in his voice.

"I also want the strength to be brave and courageous, and to never back down, especially not in the middle of an important battle." Tux added.

"Also, I wish to change the name of my land. The Land of Fire sounds childish- which is understandable, since I created this land as a child. But this is reality I suppose, and I have the power to change that name... right? I hope so. I want to change the name to Skaerenzil."
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20445461] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204455/20445461_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] (wow I am super angry I tried to preview my post and it deleted everything >:( anyways this ended up being kinda creepy so if you don't like that sort of thing don't read it) This place will be called [b]Tacita Caerimonia[/b] [i]"I took a deep breath and listened to the brag of my heart-- I am, I am, [b]I am[/b]."[/i] Marzanna didn't remember being born or created. She just was. She always has been. She was not in any place or time. And yet she could feel her intense desire-- the desire to create. And so she created a vast cavern of ice to call her own. Icicles dripped from the ceiling. Soft packing snow coated the ground. Everything sparkled with the surreal wonder of winter. Water trickled down the icy walls. The world was silent, the world was at peace. This sacred place must not be disturbed. And so she created a great wall of ice to protect her dwelling. The pointed icicles warned off all those who dare come unbidden. Her cragward custodian guards the entrace, ready to enforce her will. Nothing warm, nothing loving, nothing unintelligent can be allowed entrace. This sacred place must not be disturbed. But Marzanna had a desire for life. She crafted herself a body, one even colder than the ice of her cavern. Her very presence sent a foreboding chill through the air. She created trees that seemed to grow old in the blink of an eye. They were tall, hardy trees that could not die. No other foliage survived in this land. Wisping among the trees were beings. These were not the kind Marzanna despised. These had no fear. Marzanna did not like those with fear. And oh they were the clever ones, the ones who found joy in pain. Yes, these were the ones that she enjoyed. One by one they descended down the icy steps, offering up their sacrifices. Marzanna graciously accepted their tributes, granting them power in return. They silently leave, cloaked in darkness. With each visitor her power grows stronger. Piles of bones fill the empty space. A lake of red sits in the center of the cavern. Marzanna sits on her throne of skulls. Her desire had not been for life, but for death. This sacred place [b]will not[/b] be disturbed.

(wow I am super angry I tried to preview my post and it deleted everything >:( anyways this ended up being kinda creepy so if you don't like that sort of thing don't read it)

This place will be called Tacita Caerimonia

"I took a deep breath and listened to the brag of my heart--
I am,
I am,
I am."

Marzanna didn't remember being born or created. She just was. She always has been. She was not in any place or time. And yet she could feel her intense desire-- the desire to create. And so she created a vast cavern of ice to call her own. Icicles dripped from the ceiling. Soft packing snow coated the ground. Everything sparkled with the surreal wonder of winter. Water trickled down the icy walls. The world was silent, the world was at peace. This sacred place must not be disturbed.

And so she created a great wall of ice to protect her dwelling. The pointed icicles warned off all those who dare come unbidden. Her cragward custodian guards the entrace, ready to enforce her will. Nothing warm, nothing loving, nothing unintelligent can be allowed entrace. This sacred place must not be disturbed.

But Marzanna had a desire for life. She crafted herself a body, one even colder than the ice of her cavern. Her very presence sent a foreboding chill through the air. She created trees that seemed to grow old in the blink of an eye. They were tall, hardy trees that could not die. No other foliage survived in this land. Wisping among the trees were beings. These were not the kind Marzanna despised. These had no fear. Marzanna did not like those with fear. And oh they were the clever ones, the ones who found joy in pain. Yes, these were the ones that she enjoyed. One by one they descended down the icy steps, offering up their sacrifices. Marzanna graciously accepted their tributes, granting them power in return. They silently leave, cloaked in darkness. With each visitor her power grows stronger. Piles of bones fill the empty space. A lake of red sits in the center of the cavern. Marzanna sits on her throne of skulls. Her desire had not been for life, but for death.

This sacred place will not be disturbed.
@beheaded

Uh, should we be creating our world right away?
@beheaded

Uh, should we be creating our world right away?
iZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.png
@Agrina
Once again, Haze abruptly stopped what he was doing in shock, accidently giving the small black turtle he was creating two heads.
"Oh no! I'm terribly sorry, little one." he softly apologized to the creature. With a swish of his tail, Haze corrected his mistake so that the turtle had only one head. Once he finished that, he focused on what had broken his concentration. He could feel a foreign presence. The same presence he felt before. Them again? It seemed as though they were trying to forge a connection with him. Our worlds have only just been born and already someone wants to make a connection? Even so, it would be best if everyone just stayed away from me.

With that thought in mind, Haze was about to reject them. But he hesitated. For several minutes, he stood there in thought. He took a look around his domain; it's tranquility and calmness. Sighing, Haze made his decision. He accepted the connection. Perhaps it would be wise to have allies. Just in case.
Haze then proceeded to drape seafoam vines with ivory flowers blooming from them along the ceiling of the caverns using his magic.
@Agrina
Once again, Haze abruptly stopped what he was doing in shock, accidently giving the small black turtle he was creating two heads.
"Oh no! I'm terribly sorry, little one." he softly apologized to the creature. With a swish of his tail, Haze corrected his mistake so that the turtle had only one head. Once he finished that, he focused on what had broken his concentration. He could feel a foreign presence. The same presence he felt before. Them again? It seemed as though they were trying to forge a connection with him. Our worlds have only just been born and already someone wants to make a connection? Even so, it would be best if everyone just stayed away from me.

With that thought in mind, Haze was about to reject them. But he hesitated. For several minutes, he stood there in thought. He took a look around his domain; it's tranquility and calmness. Sighing, Haze made his decision. He accepted the connection. Perhaps it would be wise to have allies. Just in case.
Haze then proceeded to drape seafoam vines with ivory flowers blooming from them along the ceiling of the caverns using his magic.
okmHpJ6.pngiwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.pngiVZQ1Bj.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27