Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Long Journey - Pinkerlocke Challenge
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17
@AnnaStar353

Will do!
As for the donation dragon, when I get another familiar (despite I have two familiars to make up), I'll take one! Thank you for offering me one!
@AnnaStar353

Will do!
As for the donation dragon, when I get another familiar (despite I have two familiars to make up), I'll take one! Thank you for offering me one!
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
@Kittychat47 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353 [size=4]DAY 70[/size] Verdant’s miseries were laid to rest for a while as he rested that night. His vision this time didn’t focus on disasters or the deaths of others, and for once, he could feel that this was something calm. The void remained black, no blinding white that hinted at Kaleena’s presence, no reflective surfaces or glowing pink orbs to signal Gidget’s appearance, only black. He laid down in this calm black of his vision, the pain of his new permanent injuries still pulsing through his body as the blood filled blisters cracked and warned the Mirror of breaking open. As he was just about to give up on receiving any vision, believing his prophetic powers had failed him this time, he was greeted by a Fae, this time a golden color. She fluttered down to the Mirror’s eye level, her monotonous voice strangely soothing despite its unchanging tone, “Don’t worry, my child. Help is heading your way.” The small dragon touched her head to Verdant’s, relaxing him. She left as quickly as she had appeared, disappearing into the darkness surrounding him. The white appeared shortly afterward, as if to taunt the injured Mirror, and the blue dragon’s heart dropped. However, the menacing color was quickly attacked by black that had been originally in the vision. It fought off the white, eventually returning the world of Verdant’s dreams back into relaxing darkness. After that, in the distance, a small fire started, its warm glow soothing the only being in the void’s existence. Finally, as a hint to who would be the dragon to help the Mirror out of his misery, a small black feather floated down onto the Mirror’s snout. Help would come, and it would finally reveal Kaleena for what she really was. “Run Vivien! We have to find somewhere safe!” A young Skydancer called to her Coatl companion, “We mustn’t let that monstrous excuse of a clan catch us!” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22578797] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225788/22578797_350.png[/img] [/url] The two of them had been placed in wonderfully weaved nests with their siblings, waiting to be picked by a wonderful dragon who wished to keep them, as their parents had explained. It would cost some treasure though, as a sign that the dragons adopting them would take good care of them and made sure they weren’t mistreated. Each watched at least one of their siblings be adopted by friendly looking dragons, almost as if they were parents already adopting a child into their family. However, the same couldn’t be said of the dragons that had wanted the two of them. There were three of them. A bulky Mirror with crimson colored scales, proud red eyes, and enough scars to ensure they had countless stories of battle to tell others. The second was an equally proud Guardian, with a striped brown hide and steel grey wings that shined in the light. Their eyes were also red, and shone with what looked like disappointment upon seeing the two hatchlings. The third was easily the one that stood out the most. It was a frail looking Skydancer, with orange eyes that seemed to show nothing but fear. They were a dull green with bright purple wings, nothing spectacular in the hatchling’s eyes. With a sly grin, the Mirror spoke to the cowering Skydancer, “I like your style. Choosing the enemy flight as the next piece of fodder. You can stay in our clan a little longer.” The Guardian was quick to make a negative remark, “But they’re ones that don’t naturally focus on brute force. We’ll have to teach them how to be physically strong unless you want to replace toothpick over here.” The Mirror’s proud grin turned into a frown, “I suppose we have time to raise these two to be good fighters. Besides, we won’t waste too much time on them before sending them on the path to the Plaguebringer. They are part of our rival flight after all. We wouldn’t keep them that long to begin with.” And like that, the two hatchlings found themselves being carried in a makeshift carrier for hatchlings, built to prevent escapes. However, the two found a way out, and while they didn’t remember, they were now running as fast as they could through a forest that seemed to be constantly cast in the darkness of night. The Mirror was close behind, having started chasing the two after about ten minutes of their disappearance. It was having issues maneuvering the maze of brambles the two hatchlings had grown fond of moving through, slowing the four-eyed dragon’s progress. Somehow, by some miracle, the two escaped capture by hiding in a hollow log within the brambles, and they only knew they could carry on again after hearing the Mirror pass by them speaking vile things about how he couldn’t catch the two of them. His footsteps eventually faded away into silence except the rustling of tree leaves from the trees around them moving in the breeze. Feeling it was safe, the two feathered dragons crawled out, heading in the opposite direction of where they were travelling with the the red-eyed dragons. Both were glad they had escaped, but now in the middle of unknown territory, surrounded by eerie sounds and darkness, they didn’t know how much longer they would stay that way. As if their luck couldn’t get any better, though, they found more permanent safety. Two feathered creatures, both birdlike, had found them, and must have thought the dragons were like them. One was a dark blue color, glowing softly in the darkness and bringing comfort to the lost dragons. The other skittered around on four legs, constantly searching for signs of danger. The two of them chirped happily at their new ‘children’ and quickly comforted the two of them. They couldn’t stay in one spot for too long though, and soon they were moving again, their new companions following them as they travelled on. The Skydancer looked forward as if in a trance, alerting her Coatl friend, as Vivien had become, “Hey, you never told me your name.” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22580201] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225803/22580201_350.png[/img] [/url] “That’s because those three dragons showed up,” the Skydancer scoffed, but quickly looked back ahead at some invisible goal, “Anyways, my name’s Alai.” “Alai huh? I like it!” The Coatl replied happily, humming something in her native Coatl language afterward. “What was that?” Alai looked back over at the grey dragon. “I was wondering why you were looking in the distance like that.” Alai thought for a second, “It’s like something’s calling me. Like a…a signal that says we’ll be safest there.” “Well, we’ve got nowhere better to go. What do you say? Let’s follow our destiny!” The name strangely echoed in the black dragon’s mind, “Yeah, that sounds like fun!” And thus Alai and Vivien began their fated path, not knowing of the other group they were approaching, and the Skydancer’s inevitable role in their greatest conflict. [item=Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse] [item=Zalis] So I got two familiars in a row, woo! Anyways, Alai has a very strange and lucky name. Remember @FrozenEmerald and how her lair was the one to hold Verdant's egg until he hatched in Shadowspark's presence? Well, it happens that her lair also has a dragon named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=220389&tab=dragon&did=20437497][b]Alai[/b][/url]. Well, that obviously means her and Verdant have to be connected now, and I can't wait to see how their interactions unfold! I so can't wait to see this Skydancer help Verdant stop Kaleena and her evil ways!
@Kittychat47 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353

DAY 70

Verdant’s miseries were laid to rest for a while as he rested that night.

His vision this time didn’t focus on disasters or the deaths of others, and for once, he could feel that this was something calm. The void remained black, no blinding white that hinted at Kaleena’s presence, no reflective surfaces or glowing pink orbs to signal Gidget’s appearance, only black. He laid down in this calm black of his vision, the pain of his new permanent injuries still pulsing through his body as the blood filled blisters cracked and warned the Mirror of breaking open.

As he was just about to give up on receiving any vision, believing his prophetic powers had failed him this time, he was greeted by a Fae, this time a golden color. She fluttered down to the Mirror’s eye level, her monotonous voice strangely soothing despite its unchanging tone, “Don’t worry, my child. Help is heading your way.” The small dragon touched her head to Verdant’s, relaxing him. She left as quickly as she had appeared, disappearing into the darkness surrounding him.

The white appeared shortly afterward, as if to taunt the injured Mirror, and the blue dragon’s heart dropped. However, the menacing color was quickly attacked by black that had been originally in the vision. It fought off the white, eventually returning the world of Verdant’s dreams back into relaxing darkness. After that, in the distance, a small fire started, its warm glow soothing the only being in the void’s existence. Finally, as a hint to who would be the dragon to help the Mirror out of his misery, a small black feather floated down onto the Mirror’s snout.

Help would come, and it would finally reveal Kaleena for what she really was.

“Run Vivien! We have to find somewhere safe!” A young Skydancer called to her Coatl companion, “We mustn’t let that monstrous excuse of a clan catch us!”

22578797_350.png

The two of them had been placed in wonderfully weaved nests with their siblings, waiting to be picked by a wonderful dragon who wished to keep them, as their parents had explained. It would cost some treasure though, as a sign that the dragons adopting them would take good care of them and made sure they weren’t mistreated. Each watched at least one of their siblings be adopted by friendly looking dragons, almost as if they were parents already adopting a child into their family.

However, the same couldn’t be said of the dragons that had wanted the two of them.

There were three of them. A bulky Mirror with crimson colored scales, proud red eyes, and enough scars to ensure they had countless stories of battle to tell others. The second was an equally proud Guardian, with a striped brown hide and steel grey wings that shined in the light. Their eyes were also red, and shone with what looked like disappointment upon seeing the two hatchlings. The third was easily the one that stood out the most. It was a frail looking Skydancer, with orange eyes that seemed to show nothing but fear. They were a dull green with bright purple wings, nothing spectacular in the hatchling’s eyes.

With a sly grin, the Mirror spoke to the cowering Skydancer, “I like your style. Choosing the enemy flight as the next piece of fodder. You can stay in our clan a little longer.”
The Guardian was quick to make a negative remark, “But they’re ones that don’t naturally focus on brute force. We’ll have to teach them how to be physically strong unless you want to replace toothpick over here.”

The Mirror’s proud grin turned into a frown, “I suppose we have time to raise these two to be good fighters. Besides, we won’t waste too much time on them before sending them on the path to the Plaguebringer. They are part of our rival flight after all. We wouldn’t keep them that long to begin with.”

And like that, the two hatchlings found themselves being carried in a makeshift carrier for hatchlings, built to prevent escapes. However, the two found a way out, and while they didn’t remember, they were now running as fast as they could through a forest that seemed to be constantly cast in the darkness of night. The Mirror was close behind, having started chasing the two after about ten minutes of their disappearance. It was having issues maneuvering the maze of brambles the two hatchlings had grown fond of moving through, slowing the four-eyed dragon’s progress.

Somehow, by some miracle, the two escaped capture by hiding in a hollow log within the brambles, and they only knew they could carry on again after hearing the Mirror pass by them speaking vile things about how he couldn’t catch the two of them. His footsteps eventually faded away into silence except the rustling of tree leaves from the trees around them moving in the breeze.

Feeling it was safe, the two feathered dragons crawled out, heading in the opposite direction of where they were travelling with the the red-eyed dragons. Both were glad they had escaped, but now in the middle of unknown territory, surrounded by eerie sounds and darkness, they didn’t know how much longer they would stay that way. As if their luck couldn’t get any better, though, they found more permanent safety.

Two feathered creatures, both birdlike, had found them, and must have thought the dragons were like them. One was a dark blue color, glowing softly in the darkness and bringing comfort to the lost dragons. The other skittered around on four legs, constantly searching for signs of danger. The two of them chirped happily at their new ‘children’ and quickly comforted the two of them. They couldn’t stay in one spot for too long though, and soon they were moving again, their new companions following them as they travelled on.

The Skydancer looked forward as if in a trance, alerting her Coatl friend, as Vivien had become, “Hey, you never told me your name.”

22580201_350.png

“That’s because those three dragons showed up,” the Skydancer scoffed, but quickly looked back ahead at some invisible goal, “Anyways, my name’s Alai.”

“Alai huh? I like it!” The Coatl replied happily, humming something in her native Coatl language afterward.

“What was that?” Alai looked back over at the grey dragon.

“I was wondering why you were looking in the distance like that.”

Alai thought for a second, “It’s like something’s calling me. Like a…a signal that says we’ll be safest there.”

“Well, we’ve got nowhere better to go. What do you say? Let’s follow our destiny!”

The name strangely echoed in the black dragon’s mind, “Yeah, that sounds like fun!”

And thus Alai and Vivien began their fated path, not knowing of the other group they were approaching, and the Skydancer’s inevitable role in their greatest conflict.

Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse Zalis
So I got two familiars in a row, woo!

Anyways, Alai has a very strange and lucky name. Remember @FrozenEmerald and how her lair was the one to hold Verdant's egg until he hatched in Shadowspark's presence? Well, it happens that her lair also has a dragon named Alai. Well, that obviously means her and Verdant have to be connected now, and I can't wait to see how their interactions unfold!

I so can't wait to see this Skydancer help Verdant stop Kaleena and her evil ways!
@Chloecat194 We shall see indeed...perhaps she shall discover the mysterious water flight...
@Chloecat194 We shall see indeed...perhaps she shall discover the mysterious water flight...
trident_50x500_by_garasualice-d9wg8w4.png
Agent Alai: T.I.D.E, Clearance Level 7
THE TRUTH OF THE
@Kittychat47 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353 [size=4]DAY 71[/size] Ambush. The group hadn’t been expecting such an assault, especially right as soon as they had reached one of the many tunnels in the Tangled Wood that made the trip to Dragonhome a relatively safe one. As they approached the tunnel, with underbrush and brambles thinning out as the dragons drew closer and closer to the opening, the group couldn’t believe how close they were getting to the group they had been told about, should they still be in Dragonhome. When they heard the sound of snapping twigs and branches though, the group found themselves surrounded by an unknown enemy. Expecting it to be centaurs, as it usually was when the group was attacked, Xanice and Shadowspark stood guard, ready to try and stop a flood of arrows. Instead though, a much more menacing sight revealed itself as a rogue group of dragons much like themselves, but rather than searching for a purpose, the group was searching the group over, specifically their valuables. Eventually the leader showed themselves, a flesh-colored Ridgeback with deep blue wings and black stripes running down its back and blending into its lighter scales. It looked the group over with the spark-filled eyes of a Lightning dragon. With a grin, it turned and spoke to an earthly colored Mirror with deep purple eyes of the Shadow Flight, “You weren’t kidding when you said you found a valuable group. We could make a fortune on these guys! I mean, look at the sword that grey one’s carrying! It’s got be worth at least fifty thousand treasure!” Shadowspark stood proudly, trying to act as the leader despite no longer having that role in the group, “Back off. We are not a group you should trifle with.” The rival Ridgeback snapped his attention to the oldest dragon of his attempted plunder, “And why is that? All I see is a couple of Ridgebacks protecting the smaller dragons that are too weak to defend themselves.” Shadowspark stood unfazed, “That’s because we were preparing for something more menacing than a few dragons who think they can live by stealing what is theirs.” “Oh, you should know better my fellow Ridgeback. We haven’t come to steal what you have. Only borrow it for an indefinite amount of time. Now, if you just let me borrow your stuff, no one will have to get hurt.” “I’m afraid I can’t let you do that. My journey has never ceased, and I don’t think a scrawny group of dragons such as you can help in stopping it.” The flesh dragon looked at Shadowspark with a much colder glance now, and icy tint in his next words, “This is your final warning. Give me your stuff, or I’ll be forced to kill all of you.” The black Ridgeback didn’t say anything, and instead of letting the enemy attack first, his son landed the first strike. Xanice quickly drew his sword from its sheath, aiming at the group’s leader. While it didn’t draw blood, it landed perfectly, shattering the shoulder spikes on his target. The now injured foe spread out his wings and roared in rage as if some primal instinct was sparked by the attack. “Kill them all!” Gidget dashed through the group of dragons, Kaleena clinging to his necklace and extra spikes as they ran in search of whatever the Fae was seeking. She had spoke to him stating that these dragons may have something she had been looking for in the entirety of their journey through the Tangled Wood. Eventually, she had spotted what she wanted as well, shouting for Gidget to hunt down and attack the dragon she had caught a glimpse of, but not kill it. The Mirror did as his rider commanded, and pounced on the Skydancer as he got within reach of it. He made short work of immobilizing her, and Kaleena grinned. She was proud of what she had found. As she stared in the feathered dragon’s blue eyes, she watched it scramble and attempt to escape. The Fae carefully paced down Gidget’s head, drawing more fear into the eyes of the pinned dragon. “You know who I am, don’t you?” She whispered, grinning. The Skydancer swallowed before replying, “The drowning white? Yes, but even with as small as you are, the terror is just as real. You are merciless except to those who keep you alive. Your goal is much larger than simply learning your purpose, isn’t it?” “Oh yes, my dear prophet. The more a train and the longer I live, the stronger I feel. You won’t live to see that happen though I’m afraid. Those who meet me end up the same,” Kaleena pulled out a vial of poison. She was going to enjoy this, “Dead.” Halfway through forcing her victim’s mouth open and pouring the liquid in though, the Fae found herself airborne. Gidget had been attacked much like how the Skydancer had been, and as Kaleena regained her balance in a mix of flapping her wings and floating with magic, she looked first at her writhing victim as the poison set in, then at Gidget. What followed next infuriated the small dragon. Verdant had somehow escaped, blood dripping from his blisters and from fresh scratches as he wrestled with Gidget. The two snapped at each other’s necks, and Kaleena was quick to try and stop the blue dragon from doing further damage to the dragon she had raised. She fired multiple shots of water at the rival dragon, aiming for his most sensitive blisters, and while they popped, blood covering the three conflicting dragons, the Mirror continued his onslaught on the Arcane dragon. Then, just as quickly as it started, the conflict was over. Grasping the larger Mirror’s neck in his jaws at last, Verdant wasted no time biting down as hard as he could, first piercing the skin, puncturing the artery as the copper taste of blood filled his mouth. He didn’t stop there, biting over and over until at last, the blue dragon felt the neck of his foe snap, instantly making Gidget’s movements cease. Verdant, still in an adrenaline-filled fury whipped around to face Kaleena, teeth bared and body covered in fresh blood, dripping to the grass beneath him. He didn’t speak for a few seconds, watching the face of the one who had raised the shining dragon switch from one of shock to one of terror, looking at Gidget’s lifeless body, “Your false prophet is dead,” he stated bluntly, before walking off, oblivious to the pain minus a limp in his left forearm. Kaleena couldn’t believe what she had seen. Her Gidget, the one she had felt the closest to, the one who made her no longer feel alone, who helped solidify her relationship with Xanice… He was gone. The battle soon ended after the Mirror’s death, the group scaring off what was left of the rogue dragons. When they discovered Gidget’s body and Kaleena mourning, the others were quick to put Verdant back into his cage, believing that the only remaining Mirror in the group had finished what he had started, which was the truth for once. As the group regained their bearings on the area though, they discovered something just as bad. They had lost the tunnel as they fought, and now, it was highly unlikely they would find it again. Surrounded by unfamiliar foliage, with nothing distinct about it minus the blood from the fight. Xanice carried Gidget’s body as they searched for a new tunnel or the original, hoping to bury him there. To the Ridgeback, the gleaming dragon was the closest to family Kaleena had gotten to, the Fae seeming to have a strange, though silent relationship with him. The small dragon’s frills remained down as they traveled as well, solidifying their connection to each other. However, as the night of the Tangled Wood began to lighten with morning, the group hadn’t found the tunnel again, and were now simply traveling back towards Dragonhome. They didn’t want to waste more time finding the tunnel than what it would take to travel through it. That also meant finding a new burial spot for the deceased member they had been carrying for a couple hours. While everyone hated to say goodbye, they found a tree stump, both out of the way yet distinct in appearance itself, being located next to a large stone (a more and more common sight as they approached Dragonhome). With a heavy heart, James began to dig, followed by Shadowspark once the ground became tougher to dig through. After the burial, the dragons decided to spend their morning rest near the grave. Verdant was constantly watched by someone though, having now killed two dragons, and with disaster following if he should die, no one could take revenge on him either. Instead, the group agreed to not feed him for three days, hoping to weaken him enough to make him less than a threat. The once blue dragon looked more muddled with the amount of dried blood covering him, and his nearly impossible to read expressions made him appear like a monster he didn’t mean to be. If only he could tell them. [item=Thunder Scarab] [item=Julii Corycat] [item=Spellbound Beetle] So, three food items in a row (four if you count today's draw). First group was Kaleena, James, and Xanice Second group was Verdant, Kaleena, and Gidget Third group was Kaleena, James, and Verdant Needless to say, I'm devastated by Gidget's death. Even moreso than when I first was impacted. This is mainly because @bilbo212 pointed something out to me. 1.) Gidget was a [i]Silver[/i] XXX Mirror. 2.) He had Arcane (a.k.a. 'Psychic') eyes. 3.) My favorite character ever is Silver the Hedgehog from the Sonic series. I don't know how I didn't figure this out sooner. In the end, I don't want to exalt this guy, but I don't want to keep him because I already have a dragon named Silver. If I don't end up giving him to another one of my friends, I'm going to try and find him a more permanent home because I love him too much just to exalt him. Also. side note: Yes, Kaleena actually has feelings, she just hates showing them because it's a sign of weakness to her if Verdant sees it. She doesn't want to be seen as vulnerable by my one remaining Mirror. Which reminds me...I'VE LOST THREE OF THEM. Seriously, I lose just about every Mirror I get.

DAY 71

Ambush.

The group hadn’t been expecting such an assault, especially right as soon as they had reached one of the many tunnels in the Tangled Wood that made the trip to Dragonhome a relatively safe one. As they approached the tunnel, with underbrush and brambles thinning out as the dragons drew closer and closer to the opening, the group couldn’t believe how close they were getting to the group they had been told about, should they still be in Dragonhome. When they heard the sound of snapping twigs and branches though, the group found themselves surrounded by an unknown enemy.

Expecting it to be centaurs, as it usually was when the group was attacked, Xanice and Shadowspark stood guard, ready to try and stop a flood of arrows. Instead though, a much more menacing sight revealed itself as a rogue group of dragons much like themselves, but rather than searching for a purpose, the group was searching the group over, specifically their valuables. Eventually the leader showed themselves, a flesh-colored Ridgeback with deep blue wings and black stripes running down its back and blending into its lighter scales. It looked the group over with the spark-filled eyes of a Lightning dragon.

With a grin, it turned and spoke to an earthly colored Mirror with deep purple eyes of the Shadow Flight, “You weren’t kidding when you said you found a valuable group. We could make a fortune on these guys! I mean, look at the sword that grey one’s carrying! It’s got be worth at least fifty thousand treasure!”

Shadowspark stood proudly, trying to act as the leader despite no longer having that role in the group, “Back off. We are not a group you should trifle with.”

The rival Ridgeback snapped his attention to the oldest dragon of his attempted plunder, “And why is that? All I see is a couple of Ridgebacks protecting the smaller dragons that are too weak to defend themselves.”

Shadowspark stood unfazed, “That’s because we were preparing for something more menacing than a few dragons who think they can live by stealing what is theirs.”

“Oh, you should know better my fellow Ridgeback. We haven’t come to steal what you have. Only borrow it for an indefinite amount of time. Now, if you just let me borrow your stuff, no one will have to get hurt.”

“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that. My journey has never ceased, and I don’t think a scrawny group of dragons such as you can help in stopping it.”

The flesh dragon looked at Shadowspark with a much colder glance now, and icy tint in his next words, “This is your final warning. Give me your stuff, or I’ll be forced to kill all of you.”

The black Ridgeback didn’t say anything, and instead of letting the enemy attack first, his son landed the first strike. Xanice quickly drew his sword from its sheath, aiming at the group’s leader. While it didn’t draw blood, it landed perfectly, shattering the shoulder spikes on his target. The now injured foe spread out his wings and roared in rage as if some primal instinct was sparked by the attack.

“Kill them all!”

Gidget dashed through the group of dragons, Kaleena clinging to his necklace and extra spikes as they ran in search of whatever the Fae was seeking. She had spoke to him stating that these dragons may have something she had been looking for in the entirety of their journey through the Tangled Wood. Eventually, she had spotted what she wanted as well, shouting for Gidget to hunt down and attack the dragon she had caught a glimpse of, but not kill it.

The Mirror did as his rider commanded, and pounced on the Skydancer as he got within reach of it. He made short work of immobilizing her, and Kaleena grinned. She was proud of what she had found. As she stared in the feathered dragon’s blue eyes, she watched it scramble and attempt to escape. The Fae carefully paced down Gidget’s head, drawing more fear into the eyes of the pinned dragon.

“You know who I am, don’t you?” She whispered, grinning.

The Skydancer swallowed before replying, “The drowning white? Yes, but even with as small as you are, the terror is just as real. You are merciless except to those who keep you alive. Your goal is much larger than simply learning your purpose, isn’t it?”

“Oh yes, my dear prophet. The more a train and the longer I live, the stronger I feel. You won’t live to see that happen though I’m afraid. Those who meet me end up the same,” Kaleena pulled out a vial of poison. She was going to enjoy this, “Dead.”

Halfway through forcing her victim’s mouth open and pouring the liquid in though, the Fae found herself airborne. Gidget had been attacked much like how the Skydancer had been, and as Kaleena regained her balance in a mix of flapping her wings and floating with magic, she looked first at her writhing victim as the poison set in, then at Gidget. What followed next infuriated the small dragon.

Verdant had somehow escaped, blood dripping from his blisters and from fresh scratches as he wrestled with Gidget. The two snapped at each other’s necks, and Kaleena was quick to try and stop the blue dragon from doing further damage to the dragon she had raised. She fired multiple shots of water at the rival dragon, aiming for his most sensitive blisters, and while they popped, blood covering the three conflicting dragons, the Mirror continued his onslaught on the Arcane dragon.

Then, just as quickly as it started, the conflict was over. Grasping the larger Mirror’s neck in his jaws at last, Verdant wasted no time biting down as hard as he could, first piercing the skin, puncturing the artery as the copper taste of blood filled his mouth. He didn’t stop there, biting over and over until at last, the blue dragon felt the neck of his foe snap, instantly making Gidget’s movements cease. Verdant, still in an adrenaline-filled fury whipped around to face Kaleena, teeth bared and body covered in fresh blood, dripping to the grass beneath him.

He didn’t speak for a few seconds, watching the face of the one who had raised the shining dragon switch from one of shock to one of terror, looking at Gidget’s lifeless body, “Your false prophet is dead,” he stated bluntly, before walking off, oblivious to the pain minus a limp in his left forearm.

Kaleena couldn’t believe what she had seen. Her Gidget, the one she had felt the closest to, the one who made her no longer feel alone, who helped solidify her relationship with Xanice…

He was gone.

The battle soon ended after the Mirror’s death, the group scaring off what was left of the rogue dragons. When they discovered Gidget’s body and Kaleena mourning, the others were quick to put Verdant back into his cage, believing that the only remaining Mirror in the group had finished what he had started, which was the truth for once. As the group regained their bearings on the area though, they discovered something just as bad.

They had lost the tunnel as they fought, and now, it was highly unlikely they would find it again. Surrounded by unfamiliar foliage, with nothing distinct about it minus the blood from the fight. Xanice carried Gidget’s body as they searched for a new tunnel or the original, hoping to bury him there. To the Ridgeback, the gleaming dragon was the closest to family Kaleena had gotten to, the Fae seeming to have a strange, though silent relationship with him. The small dragon’s frills remained down as they traveled as well, solidifying their connection to each other.

However, as the night of the Tangled Wood began to lighten with morning, the group hadn’t found the tunnel again, and were now simply traveling back towards Dragonhome. They didn’t want to waste more time finding the tunnel than what it would take to travel through it. That also meant finding a new burial spot for the deceased member they had been carrying for a couple hours. While everyone hated to say goodbye, they found a tree stump, both out of the way yet distinct in appearance itself, being located next to a large stone (a more and more common sight as they approached Dragonhome). With a heavy heart, James began to dig, followed by Shadowspark once the ground became tougher to dig through.

After the burial, the dragons decided to spend their morning rest near the grave. Verdant was constantly watched by someone though, having now killed two dragons, and with disaster following if he should die, no one could take revenge on him either. Instead, the group agreed to not feed him for three days, hoping to weaken him enough to make him less than a threat. The once blue dragon looked more muddled with the amount of dried blood covering him, and his nearly impossible to read expressions made him appear like a monster he didn’t mean to be.

If only he could tell them.

Thunder Scarab Julii Corycat Spellbound Beetle
So, three food items in a row (four if you count today's draw).

First group was Kaleena, James, and Xanice
Second group was Verdant, Kaleena, and Gidget
Third group was Kaleena, James, and Verdant

Needless to say, I'm devastated by Gidget's death. Even moreso than when I first was impacted. This is mainly because @bilbo212 pointed something out to me. 1.) Gidget was a Silver XXX Mirror. 2.) He had Arcane (a.k.a. 'Psychic') eyes. 3.) My favorite character ever is Silver the Hedgehog from the Sonic series. I don't know how I didn't figure this out sooner.

In the end, I don't want to exalt this guy, but I don't want to keep him because I already have a dragon named Silver. If I don't end up giving him to another one of my friends, I'm going to try and find him a more permanent home because I love him too much just to exalt him.

Also. side note: Yes, Kaleena actually has feelings, she just hates showing them because it's a sign of weakness to her if Verdant sees it. She doesn't want to be seen as vulnerable by my one remaining Mirror. Which reminds me...I'VE LOST THREE OF THEM. Seriously, I lose just about every Mirror I get.
@Chloecat194

I'll hold onto Gidget for you if you like and I'll do a bit of a story for him. *rubs hands together and glances at Roesterm and Akhen*
@Chloecat194

I'll hold onto Gidget for you if you like and I'll do a bit of a story for him. *rubs hands together and glances at Roesterm and Akhen*
@Kittychat47

You can do that! I'll send a CR over, but if you get a random CR from one of my friends in the future, it's because they want to keep Gidget.
@Kittychat47

You can do that! I'll send a CR over, but if you get a random CR from one of my friends in the future, it's because they want to keep Gidget.
@Chloecat194 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353
Gidget's 'Revival'
Akhen sat bolt up right, a shiver going down her spine as she snapped out of her dream. She quickly heaved herself to her feet and set off through the corridors, looking for the Ancient Essence. Finally, she found him with his Seysi in the lair of the Honor Guard. “Roesterm.” she said, stopping in the doorway to their shared lair. The three looked up and Seysi zipped between them, hissing. “Go away, Akhen. You will not trap my friend again.” Akhen looked at him steadily and said, “A Great Essence has lost its anchor. It must be retrieved before it disappears into the Ether.” Roesterm looked surprised and stepped forward. “Then we must act fast, if this Essence is so Great it cannot be allowed into the Ether.” Seysi looked at him in confusion. “Roesterm? What are you two talking about?” Roesterm looked at his friend and said kindly, “It is a matter of the Spirit World, my friend. Do not worry; I trust Akhen to not cause me trouble on this mission.” Seysi looked between them worriedly, but backed out of the way. Akhen turned and started for the entrance of the lair, Roesterm following her. As they passed through the main room, Roesterm stopped several times to explain to concerned dragons that nothing was wrong and they were simply working together to deal with a Spirit World problem. He slid easily through the brambles while she grumbled and pushed her way through the normal path. Once outside the brambles, Akhen lumbered into the air, Roesterm gliding behind her. Once she was well and truly aloft and able to glide on the air currents instead of constantly flapping, she closed her eyes and concentrated on the Essence she'd felt before, opening her eyes when she had it fixed in her mind. Her eyes glowed and she saw the Essence close to the edge of the Tangled Woods. She angled her wings to slide across the air currents until she was pointed at it, Roesterm following her turn. He glided up next to her and followed her gaze until he saw the Essence she was tracking. He sucked in a breath as he saw it, surprised at its strength. “I have not seen an Essence that strong in several generations. I am surprised the dragon it belonged to died.” Akhen glanced at him and replied, “Fate moves in strange patterns sometimes. You of all dragons should know this.” He shot her a glare and sped after the Essence, outdistancing her rather quickly. Akhen hummed quietly to herself; she was not quite sure why this upset him so much, since he had died ages ago.

Gidget looked around uncertainly; the last thing he remembered was Verdant biting his neck and then... nothing. All he saw was blood on the plants, half-hidden in the darkness. He felt something pulling on him, but it wasn't pulling so hard that he couldn't resist it. He sniffed around the clearing, trying to find traces of Kaleena and the others; all he found of Kaleena was a used vial, but he found blood from some of the others, especially from Verdant where they'd fought. Ugh, he wasn't going to get the scent of that noxious Mirror's blood out of his nose for ages. The tug was starting to get more insistent, and he was mildly concerned to realize it was pulling up. Somehow he knew that the tug wasn't truly towards the sky as it felt, but to somewhere much different and definitely not in this world anymore. He crouched low to the ground and crawled as much as he could, trying to resist that pull as much as possible. He started following the trail of blood left by Verdant. Several times he scented some blood that he swore was his, but it couldn't have been because he didn't remember going this way, right? The pull continued to increase as he walked until eventually he was having to grab at the ground to keep himself from floating away. Finally he came to a patch of turned earth beneath a boulder that smelled unmistakably of himself. He stared at it in confusion, not understanding. How could this patch of earth smell like him, when he didn't remember ever having been there before? For it to smell so much like himself, he must have spent quite a bit of time there, so he should remember it, but he just... didn't. He was so confused, he didn't even realize he was drifting away from the ground...

Suddenly, something huge slammed into him, pinning him to the ground. He struggled against the massive paw pressing him down into the earth, managing to struggle around to where he could see his captor. He growled quietly as he saw a massive white Imperial standing over him, his right forepaw placed on the silver mirror. “Let me go! I must get back to Kaleena so that we can work on our plan to destroy Verdant!” The Imperial snorted. “It's a little late for that, young one. You are dead.” Gidget stilled for a moment before struggling even harder to get out of the Imperials grip. “No! I cannot be dead! Kaleena would not have allowed Verdant to kill me! The others would not have allowed him to kill me! You must be lying!” As he struggled, a white shape landed next to them, sending a breeze whipping through them. He shivered as he felt the wind go through his body, and he stopped struggling for a second as doubt overcame him. What if he really was dead?

Roesterm watched Akhen carefully as she landed, ignoring the wind as it whipped through his nonexistent body. He nodded at the nearby grave. “I believe he is buried there. Be quick, the Call is getting very strong; even I might not be able to hold him here for long.” Akhen nodded and moved quickly to the grave, digging it up as fast as she could to find something she could use as an anchor for Gidget's soul. Soon her claws hit Gidget's body, clinking off his hard skin. She quickly pulled up the necklace that had been around his neck, and Gidget gave a startled cry as he saw her pull it from the ground. There was a spatter of blood on the band when she placed it on the ground before him and quickly drew a symbol around it. Roesterm watched her carefully as she began the Anchoring chant, making sure she didn't say any of the words wrong. Anchoring chants were quite complex, and he knew she'd never done one before. Luckily, she got everything right, and he felt another shiver go through the mirror under his paw. Hastily, he lifted his paw as Gidget was drawn to the necklace. Gidget glowed when his head touched it, and Roesterm gave a sigh of relief. They had gotten very close to losing him to the Ether. Gidget sat there, dazed, for several seconds as he faded back to his normal transparency. He looked around in confusion once more and said in a voice that was audible to their minds instead of their ears, “What.... What just happened?”

“You have been bound to that band there. Sorry I had to dig up your grave, by the way; you were so far gone the only way I could anchor you successfully was if I used something that had some kind of attachment to you and had some kind of connection, in this case blood, to your last anchor- your body. As long as this amulet stays unbroken, you will stay in this world. I am Akhen, the last Caretaker of the Ether. This is Roesterm, a spirit of Ancient Essence. He will teach you all you will need to know about your new life, of sorts.” Akhen explained. Roesterm nodded solemnly to Gidget as he was mentioned, and Gidget looked between them, seeming somewhat confused and surprised. “I... I do not understand what those titles mean...” Roesterm smiled kindly. “Do not worry, young one. I will explain everything you need to know.”
@Chloecat194 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353
Gidget's 'Revival'
Akhen sat bolt up right, a shiver going down her spine as she snapped out of her dream. She quickly heaved herself to her feet and set off through the corridors, looking for the Ancient Essence. Finally, she found him with his Seysi in the lair of the Honor Guard. “Roesterm.” she said, stopping in the doorway to their shared lair. The three looked up and Seysi zipped between them, hissing. “Go away, Akhen. You will not trap my friend again.” Akhen looked at him steadily and said, “A Great Essence has lost its anchor. It must be retrieved before it disappears into the Ether.” Roesterm looked surprised and stepped forward. “Then we must act fast, if this Essence is so Great it cannot be allowed into the Ether.” Seysi looked at him in confusion. “Roesterm? What are you two talking about?” Roesterm looked at his friend and said kindly, “It is a matter of the Spirit World, my friend. Do not worry; I trust Akhen to not cause me trouble on this mission.” Seysi looked between them worriedly, but backed out of the way. Akhen turned and started for the entrance of the lair, Roesterm following her. As they passed through the main room, Roesterm stopped several times to explain to concerned dragons that nothing was wrong and they were simply working together to deal with a Spirit World problem. He slid easily through the brambles while she grumbled and pushed her way through the normal path. Once outside the brambles, Akhen lumbered into the air, Roesterm gliding behind her. Once she was well and truly aloft and able to glide on the air currents instead of constantly flapping, she closed her eyes and concentrated on the Essence she'd felt before, opening her eyes when she had it fixed in her mind. Her eyes glowed and she saw the Essence close to the edge of the Tangled Woods. She angled her wings to slide across the air currents until she was pointed at it, Roesterm following her turn. He glided up next to her and followed her gaze until he saw the Essence she was tracking. He sucked in a breath as he saw it, surprised at its strength. “I have not seen an Essence that strong in several generations. I am surprised the dragon it belonged to died.” Akhen glanced at him and replied, “Fate moves in strange patterns sometimes. You of all dragons should know this.” He shot her a glare and sped after the Essence, outdistancing her rather quickly. Akhen hummed quietly to herself; she was not quite sure why this upset him so much, since he had died ages ago.

Gidget looked around uncertainly; the last thing he remembered was Verdant biting his neck and then... nothing. All he saw was blood on the plants, half-hidden in the darkness. He felt something pulling on him, but it wasn't pulling so hard that he couldn't resist it. He sniffed around the clearing, trying to find traces of Kaleena and the others; all he found of Kaleena was a used vial, but he found blood from some of the others, especially from Verdant where they'd fought. Ugh, he wasn't going to get the scent of that noxious Mirror's blood out of his nose for ages. The tug was starting to get more insistent, and he was mildly concerned to realize it was pulling up. Somehow he knew that the tug wasn't truly towards the sky as it felt, but to somewhere much different and definitely not in this world anymore. He crouched low to the ground and crawled as much as he could, trying to resist that pull as much as possible. He started following the trail of blood left by Verdant. Several times he scented some blood that he swore was his, but it couldn't have been because he didn't remember going this way, right? The pull continued to increase as he walked until eventually he was having to grab at the ground to keep himself from floating away. Finally he came to a patch of turned earth beneath a boulder that smelled unmistakably of himself. He stared at it in confusion, not understanding. How could this patch of earth smell like him, when he didn't remember ever having been there before? For it to smell so much like himself, he must have spent quite a bit of time there, so he should remember it, but he just... didn't. He was so confused, he didn't even realize he was drifting away from the ground...

Suddenly, something huge slammed into him, pinning him to the ground. He struggled against the massive paw pressing him down into the earth, managing to struggle around to where he could see his captor. He growled quietly as he saw a massive white Imperial standing over him, his right forepaw placed on the silver mirror. “Let me go! I must get back to Kaleena so that we can work on our plan to destroy Verdant!” The Imperial snorted. “It's a little late for that, young one. You are dead.” Gidget stilled for a moment before struggling even harder to get out of the Imperials grip. “No! I cannot be dead! Kaleena would not have allowed Verdant to kill me! The others would not have allowed him to kill me! You must be lying!” As he struggled, a white shape landed next to them, sending a breeze whipping through them. He shivered as he felt the wind go through his body, and he stopped struggling for a second as doubt overcame him. What if he really was dead?

Roesterm watched Akhen carefully as she landed, ignoring the wind as it whipped through his nonexistent body. He nodded at the nearby grave. “I believe he is buried there. Be quick, the Call is getting very strong; even I might not be able to hold him here for long.” Akhen nodded and moved quickly to the grave, digging it up as fast as she could to find something she could use as an anchor for Gidget's soul. Soon her claws hit Gidget's body, clinking off his hard skin. She quickly pulled up the necklace that had been around his neck, and Gidget gave a startled cry as he saw her pull it from the ground. There was a spatter of blood on the band when she placed it on the ground before him and quickly drew a symbol around it. Roesterm watched her carefully as she began the Anchoring chant, making sure she didn't say any of the words wrong. Anchoring chants were quite complex, and he knew she'd never done one before. Luckily, she got everything right, and he felt another shiver go through the mirror under his paw. Hastily, he lifted his paw as Gidget was drawn to the necklace. Gidget glowed when his head touched it, and Roesterm gave a sigh of relief. They had gotten very close to losing him to the Ether. Gidget sat there, dazed, for several seconds as he faded back to his normal transparency. He looked around in confusion once more and said in a voice that was audible to their minds instead of their ears, “What.... What just happened?”

“You have been bound to that band there. Sorry I had to dig up your grave, by the way; you were so far gone the only way I could anchor you successfully was if I used something that had some kind of attachment to you and had some kind of connection, in this case blood, to your last anchor- your body. As long as this amulet stays unbroken, you will stay in this world. I am Akhen, the last Caretaker of the Ether. This is Roesterm, a spirit of Ancient Essence. He will teach you all you will need to know about your new life, of sorts.” Akhen explained. Roesterm nodded solemnly to Gidget as he was mentioned, and Gidget looked between them, seeming somewhat confused and surprised. “I... I do not understand what those titles mean...” Roesterm smiled kindly. “Do not worry, young one. I will explain everything you need to know.”
@Kittychat47 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353 [size=4]DAY 72[/size] [img]http://www.petadoptables.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2016_04/image.jpeg.98def5ff4d82912df6814cf068ba3ecb.jpeg[/img] For those who have fallen, the journey stays strong. The one who lead you still remains. Death is hard to forget though, And his son has taken the reins. To the Son of Fire, who death was all wrong, The family who you loved does not see you gone. One has fallen and one has weakened, But the one you called brother carries on. To the Daughter of Water, who traveled along, You wished to see the world, but not alone. The one of prophecy doomed such liberty, watching your life sink like a stone. To the Mother of Water, not where you belong, Your love is well-missed, and lives in them all. You were caught in a grudge, fueled by fire, But even with you gone, your family stands tall. To the Child of Shadow, who didn’t live long, You were gone fast, but the others don’t forget. The time and place wasn’t where you should be, But know that your killer didn’t mean to be such a threat. To the Son of Arcane, who stays headstrong, You were raised by evil, but you’re not at fault. You carry a fate that you do not know, And carry on through the threat of exalt. To be forgotten is to die in the heart. To know that you live there is a praise. For those who have fallen, seek such a place, And let be where your life can restart. [item=Two-Tone June Beetle] All these Coli items made me think of my dead dragons, so I drew them all with their fatal wounds, along with a horrid attempt at poetry with it. That was James, Kaleena, and Verdant again for battles, just so you know. Anyways, all I have to do now is update with today's pull!

DAY 72
image.jpeg.98def5ff4d82912df6814cf068ba3ecb.jpeg

For those who have fallen, the journey stays strong.
The one who lead you still remains.
Death is hard to forget though,
And his son has taken the reins.

To the Son of Fire, who death was all wrong,
The family who you loved does not see you gone.
One has fallen and one has weakened,
But the one you called brother carries on.

To the Daughter of Water, who traveled along,
You wished to see the world, but not alone.
The one of prophecy doomed such liberty,
watching your life sink like a stone.

To the Mother of Water, not where you belong,
Your love is well-missed, and lives in them all.
You were caught in a grudge, fueled by fire,
But even with you gone, your family stands tall.

To the Child of Shadow, who didn’t live long,
You were gone fast, but the others don’t forget.
The time and place wasn’t where you should be,
But know that your killer didn’t mean to be such a threat.

To the Son of Arcane, who stays headstrong,
You were raised by evil, but you’re not at fault.
You carry a fate that you do not know,
And carry on through the threat of exalt.

To be forgotten is to die in the heart.
To know that you live there is a praise.
For those who have fallen, seek such a place,
And let be where your life can restart.

Two-Tone June Beetle
All these Coli items made me think of my dead dragons, so I drew them all with their fatal wounds, along with a horrid attempt at poetry with it.

That was James, Kaleena, and Verdant again for battles, just so you know.

Anyways, all I have to do now is update with today's pull!
@Chloecat194
Noooo Gidget was my favourite! :(
I read through all of these in one sitting and now I'm sad. :(
Also I have dragons I can donate too, just pick an unnamed dragon from my lair, any one! They're always changing!
. I would be honoured to have a dragon walk with you. Go team verdant!
@Chloecat194
Noooo Gidget was my favourite! :(
I read through all of these in one sitting and now I'm sad. :(
Also I have dragons I can donate too, just pick an unnamed dragon from my lair, any one! They're always changing!
. I would be honoured to have a dragon walk with you. Go team verdant!
chlZfGD.png
@Kittychat47 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353 @FrozenEmerald [size=4]DAY 73[/size] The group plodded along at a noticeably slower pace than before. The reason why was mostly a scattered collection of what made specific dragons not want to move as fast. Xanice and Kaleena were both upset over Gidget’s loss, Shadowspark was overall not feeling motivated, Birch and some of the familiars were recovering from their injuries, and Verdant, when not trapped in his cage, was forced to keep pace with those who surrounded him. Regardless of what reason, the group wasn’t moving as fast as before, and it was slowing their trip to Dragonhome because of it. The air was also muggy, the overcast of clouds threatening to open up and pour rain on the whole group. While it was both a sign of danger from when they were in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, it could also bring some relief to the dragons, namely Verdant and Kaleena, due to their affiliation to the element. The Mirror at least wanted the rain, wanting to wash his body of the layers of dried and caked blood on his scales. However, with the sky never opening up, and the humidity remaining, the group was left feeling hot and sticky. The agonizingly slow day was quickly interrupted by the sound of wingbeats in the sky above the group. Whatever was making the sound was drawing near them, and it was large. Another set soon joined the first, a little quieter, and the group was beginning to worry that it was another group of rogue dragons coming to try and attack the vulnerable group. After taking a battle stance, the group waited as the sounds of dragons drew closer and closer, preparing to fight once again, despite their injuries. However, this time there wasn’t a threat. A large white and blue Imperial landed first, shaking itself as it finally got its footing in front of Xanice. It had a white fur coat, and looked to the sky for its companion. Shortly after the first dragon landed, a blue Guardian with a shining coat similar to Gidget’s landed next to the Imperial, and the two then looked ahead, as if waiting for another member. The Imperial’s gaze soon went to Xanice, and he spoke quickly to the Guardian, “Move him about two meters or she’ll hit him!” Without warning, the Guardian moved in front of the grey Ridgeback, forcefully moving him, though not violently. Xanice and the others were still too confused to really reply, though Shadowspark seemed to sigh in either frustration or restrained relief. After about three or four seconds after reaching his new position, an orange streak ran by, stopped, then turned around to face the group. “WAIT. YOU’RE NOT SHADOWSPARK!” The now startled Wildclaw, as it finally slowed enough to allow the group at least a moment of focus, shouted, quickly moving in front of the black Ridgeback instead. She took a deep breath before shouting, “WHY DIDN’T YOU COME AND VISIT? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE BEEN WAITING SINCE YOU VISITED SWAMP?” “Kitty, Kitty,” Shadowspark attempted to calm the hyperactive Wildclaw down, but failed miserably. “NO! I DEMAND ANSWERS!” The bright dragon huffed, angrily crossing her arms and tapping her hooked claws on the ground. “Kitty, I didn’t want to return there because I didn’t want to end up there for a prolonged period of time. The journey to find my purpose must go on, and I don’t want to let the others think it just ends with me returning where I was born,” Shadowspark stood proudly, despite the Wildclaw being of a higher status than him, even if she was much smaller than him. “That doesn’t mean you can’t visit! I could’ve shoved ya out if ya stayed too long!” Kitty replied loudly, just below her shouts from before. Xanice turned and faced the other two dragons, hoping to get information while Kitty scolded Shadowspark, “So, why are you two here? Also, who are you guys?” The Imperial spoke up again, the Guardian remaining silent, “I’m Jaspurr and this is Stressorz. We accompany Kitty so she doesn’t die from the trouble she gets herself in. She heard about you guys from Swamp, and when she discovered you didn’t plan on visiting, she traveled through almost all of the Tangled Wood trying to find you guys.” Kitty interrupted the whole group, including Jaspurr, “Hey! Where’s the Wildclaw that Swamp told me about? Also, what’s up with the Tundra, and why’s the Mirror all bloody and red and covered in ichy stuff?” Shadowspark spoke quietly before the group had to be reminded of the events that had occurred before the Wildclaw had found them, “Kitty, we should speak about this in private. Not everything that has happened since we met Swamp has been good.” The Wildclaw looked up at the black Ridgeback, then at the others, her movements becoming slightly less energetic, “I understand. I’ll follow.” Once the two of them were separated, Jaspurr continued his news, “Kitty also gathered up everyone’s letters they’ve been writing. She told them that it was to boost their thoughts about the nests they had to move, but the fact they were actually going to be delivered by you guys had everyone swarming the Wildclaw to give theirs to her.” “In other words, I don’t have to carry these anymore,” Stressorz spoke up suddenly and rather impatiently, dropping two bags full of letters on the ground, “One bag is for your group, the other is the one for the nests that came from our lair.” Xanice fixed the two bags on his body, “Is that all you’re here for then?” “Yes,” Stressorz replied bluntly. “Once Shadowspark and Kitty finish their conversation, yes, we’ll be going. We don’t want to hold up your journey for much longer. I wish you luck.” After a longer than expected conversation involving the energetic Wildclaw, the three left as quickly as they appeared, saying farewell to the group. Once Xanice felt like they were far enough away from the Wildclaw and the others, he finally asked, “Is she-” “Yes. Yes she is.” Well, time for their journey to begin once more. [item=Hooded Hen] [item=Berserker] [item=Smoky Quartz] Time to post the event @Kittychat47 wanted me to do since Shadowspark didn't visit her lair, which was where he was born. Got Tails for the Deathstreak, and nothing important happened in the battles, other than me realizing if I get a Deathstreak now and land on heads, I could be going to the Sandswept Delta now. *Insert sarcastic yay here* Also, Alai and Vivien have grown up! @Katalist Gidget actually has just reappeared in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1723537]Kitty's Pinkerlocke[/url]! You should check there if you want to see more of him from now on. Also, would you like to be added to the Pinglist?
@Kittychat47 @SilentWiccan @AnnaStar353 @FrozenEmerald

DAY 73

The group plodded along at a noticeably slower pace than before. The reason why was mostly a scattered collection of what made specific dragons not want to move as fast. Xanice and Kaleena were both upset over Gidget’s loss, Shadowspark was overall not feeling motivated, Birch and some of the familiars were recovering from their injuries, and Verdant, when not trapped in his cage, was forced to keep pace with those who surrounded him. Regardless of what reason, the group wasn’t moving as fast as before, and it was slowing their trip to Dragonhome because of it.

The air was also muggy, the overcast of clouds threatening to open up and pour rain on the whole group. While it was both a sign of danger from when they were in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, it could also bring some relief to the dragons, namely Verdant and Kaleena, due to their affiliation to the element. The Mirror at least wanted the rain, wanting to wash his body of the layers of dried and caked blood on his scales. However, with the sky never opening up, and the humidity remaining, the group was left feeling hot and sticky.

The agonizingly slow day was quickly interrupted by the sound of wingbeats in the sky above the group. Whatever was making the sound was drawing near them, and it was large. Another set soon joined the first, a little quieter, and the group was beginning to worry that it was another group of rogue dragons coming to try and attack the vulnerable group. After taking a battle stance, the group waited as the sounds of dragons drew closer and closer, preparing to fight once again, despite their injuries.

However, this time there wasn’t a threat.

A large white and blue Imperial landed first, shaking itself as it finally got its footing in front of Xanice. It had a white fur coat, and looked to the sky for its companion. Shortly after the first dragon landed, a blue Guardian with a shining coat similar to Gidget’s landed next to the Imperial, and the two then looked ahead, as if waiting for another member. The Imperial’s gaze soon went to Xanice, and he spoke quickly to the Guardian, “Move him about two meters or she’ll hit him!”

Without warning, the Guardian moved in front of the grey Ridgeback, forcefully moving him, though not violently. Xanice and the others were still too confused to really reply, though Shadowspark seemed to sigh in either frustration or restrained relief. After about three or four seconds after reaching his new position, an orange streak ran by, stopped, then turned around to face the group.

“WAIT. YOU’RE NOT SHADOWSPARK!” The now startled Wildclaw, as it finally slowed enough to allow the group at least a moment of focus, shouted, quickly moving in front of the black Ridgeback instead. She took a deep breath before shouting, “WHY DIDN’T YOU COME AND VISIT? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE BEEN WAITING SINCE YOU VISITED SWAMP?”

“Kitty, Kitty,” Shadowspark attempted to calm the hyperactive Wildclaw down, but failed miserably.

“NO! I DEMAND ANSWERS!” The bright dragon huffed, angrily crossing her arms and tapping her hooked claws on the ground.

“Kitty, I didn’t want to return there because I didn’t want to end up there for a prolonged period of time. The journey to find my purpose must go on, and I don’t want to let the others think it just ends with me returning where I was born,” Shadowspark stood proudly, despite the Wildclaw being of a higher status than him, even if she was much smaller than him.

“That doesn’t mean you can’t visit! I could’ve shoved ya out if ya stayed too long!” Kitty replied loudly, just below her shouts from before.

Xanice turned and faced the other two dragons, hoping to get information while Kitty scolded Shadowspark, “So, why are you two here? Also, who are you guys?”

The Imperial spoke up again, the Guardian remaining silent, “I’m Jaspurr and this is Stressorz. We accompany Kitty so she doesn’t die from the trouble she gets herself in. She heard about you guys from Swamp, and when she discovered you didn’t plan on visiting, she traveled through almost all of the Tangled Wood trying to find you guys.”

Kitty interrupted the whole group, including Jaspurr, “Hey! Where’s the Wildclaw that Swamp told me about? Also, what’s up with the Tundra, and why’s the Mirror all bloody and red and covered in ichy stuff?”

Shadowspark spoke quietly before the group had to be reminded of the events that had occurred before the Wildclaw had found them, “Kitty, we should speak about this in private. Not everything that has happened since we met Swamp has been good.”

The Wildclaw looked up at the black Ridgeback, then at the others, her movements becoming slightly less energetic, “I understand. I’ll follow.”

Once the two of them were separated, Jaspurr continued his news, “Kitty also gathered up everyone’s letters they’ve been writing. She told them that it was to boost their thoughts about the nests they had to move, but the fact they were actually going to be delivered by you guys had everyone swarming the Wildclaw to give theirs to her.”

“In other words, I don’t have to carry these anymore,” Stressorz spoke up suddenly and rather impatiently, dropping two bags full of letters on the ground, “One bag is for your group, the other is the one for the nests that came from our lair.”

Xanice fixed the two bags on his body, “Is that all you’re here for then?”

“Yes,” Stressorz replied bluntly.

“Once Shadowspark and Kitty finish their conversation, yes, we’ll be going. We don’t want to hold up your journey for much longer. I wish you luck.”

After a longer than expected conversation involving the energetic Wildclaw, the three left as quickly as they appeared, saying farewell to the group. Once Xanice felt like they were far enough away from the Wildclaw and the others, he finally asked, “Is she-”

“Yes. Yes she is.”

Well, time for their journey to begin once more.

Hooded Hen Berserker Smoky Quartz
Time to post the event @Kittychat47 wanted me to do since Shadowspark didn't visit her lair, which was where he was born.

Got Tails for the Deathstreak, and nothing important happened in the battles, other than me realizing if I get a Deathstreak now and land on heads, I could be going to the Sandswept Delta now. *Insert sarcastic yay here* Also, Alai and Vivien have grown up!

@Katalist
Gidget actually has just reappeared in Kitty's Pinkerlocke! You should check there if you want to see more of him from now on. Also, would you like to be added to the Pinglist?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17