Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Nancy Drew Games
1 2 3
@Jinxybat

It's going to be so weird for me since I've grown up hearing Lani Minella as Nancy, but I hope that it all goes well

The older games are honestly the best story lines. Although the newest ones have nicer graphics, the stories are short and some are just blah
im looking at you trail of the twister

I also think I hid throughout the entirety of Blackmoor Manor. Me and the thought of werewolves did not mix well at all
@Jinxybat

It's going to be so weird for me since I've grown up hearing Lani Minella as Nancy, but I hope that it all goes well

The older games are honestly the best story lines. Although the newest ones have nicer graphics, the stories are short and some are just blah
im looking at you trail of the twister

I also think I hid throughout the entirety of Blackmoor Manor. Me and the thought of werewolves did not mix well at all
@Glamour when you hear the chanting in blackmoor manor and then see the figure in the cloak moving right at the very beginning, I was like NOPE so hard it wss terrifying. I'm having the same feel with Thornton hall and it's like the best. I hate gory movies but I love a good mystery so Nancy is the best.

@Glamour when you hear the chanting in blackmoor manor and then see the figure in the cloak moving right at the very beginning, I was like NOPE so hard it wss terrifying. I'm having the same feel with Thornton hall and it's like the best. I hate gory movies but I love a good mystery so Nancy is the best.

@jinxybat ahemhemhem.

i have quite the collection of nancy drew games myself.

these are all my physical copies:
-the creature of kapu cave
-last train to blue moon canyon
-message in a haunted mansion
-danger on deception island
-the haunted carousel
-the secret of shadow ranch
-curse of blackmoor manor
-secret of the old clock (which i never finished)
-legend of the crystal skull (my personal fave)
-danger by design (my first one)
-the captive curse

and i borrowed shadow at the water's edge (also never finished) and alibi in ashes (and maybe a couple more? i don't remember) from my cousins, who basically have all the other games i don't have up to maybe mid-twenties? idk, all i know is i haven't played any of them in years.

we had a big nancy drew phase if you couldn't tell.

@whakahi give them your expertise on the subject. also i found an extra copy of blue moon canyon and think it may be yours. nevermind, it was just disk 2 of 2.
@jinxybat ahemhemhem.

i have quite the collection of nancy drew games myself.

these are all my physical copies:
-the creature of kapu cave
-last train to blue moon canyon
-message in a haunted mansion
-danger on deception island
-the haunted carousel
-the secret of shadow ranch
-curse of blackmoor manor
-secret of the old clock (which i never finished)
-legend of the crystal skull (my personal fave)
-danger by design (my first one)
-the captive curse

and i borrowed shadow at the water's edge (also never finished) and alibi in ashes (and maybe a couple more? i don't remember) from my cousins, who basically have all the other games i don't have up to maybe mid-twenties? idk, all i know is i haven't played any of them in years.

we had a big nancy drew phase if you couldn't tell.

@whakahi give them your expertise on the subject. also i found an extra copy of blue moon canyon and think it may be yours. nevermind, it was just disk 2 of 2.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
@Hollyshark YOU DO HAVE QUITE A COLLECTION!!!
@Hollyshark YOU DO HAVE QUITE A COLLECTION!!!
@Jinxybat

Oh my gosh that part of Blackmoor STILL would probably scare me (I cried the first time ahah).

What's your favorite 'fail' scene? Mine's probably got to be feeding Lulu the wrong cake and getting booted out of the house for probably killing her.

That or the (totally not on purpose) burning down of your hotel when you leave your iron on in The Haunted Carousel.
@Jinxybat

Oh my gosh that part of Blackmoor STILL would probably scare me (I cried the first time ahah).

What's your favorite 'fail' scene? Mine's probably got to be feeding Lulu the wrong cake and getting booted out of the house for probably killing her.

That or the (totally not on purpose) burning down of your hotel when you leave your iron on in The Haunted Carousel.
UG6GDCD.png vs6dHdi.png Always looking for double turquoise G1s!
@Darkfall I recently met the business end of a sickle in thornton hall, but I was kicked out of shadow ranch for nearly everything. unripe veggies, upsetting the chickens, playing with rattle snakes, you name it. made me nervous to play Blue Canyon because I figured they'd have to throw me off a moving train!
@Darkfall I recently met the business end of a sickle in thornton hall, but I was kicked out of shadow ranch for nearly everything. unripe veggies, upsetting the chickens, playing with rattle snakes, you name it. made me nervous to play Blue Canyon because I figured they'd have to throw me off a moving train!
Nancy Drew was one of the only ways me and my sister got along. My favorite was Secret of Shadow Ranch, either because of Dave or that The Shining reference at the end of the game.

But anyways, i played through just about all of them, minus maybe the last 7 newest ones? I wish I could play the very first ones ( especially Stay Tuned for Danger, bc Rick is such a heartthrob),
, but I don't have a computer that can process them. :(
Nancy Drew was one of the only ways me and my sister got along. My favorite was Secret of Shadow Ranch, either because of Dave or that The Shining reference at the end of the game.

But anyways, i played through just about all of them, minus maybe the last 7 newest ones? I wish I could play the very first ones ( especially Stay Tuned for Danger, bc Rick is such a heartthrob),
, but I don't have a computer that can process them. :(
@Synchronoise That is one of the better aspects of the game! I always have it turned down a little bit just cause I enjoy working on the puzzles with a friend, (cause you can guess how you think the case is going to turn out) but I do like the sound tracks !

@Wakahni that Is a shame! It is nice to see where the games started out!
@Synchronoise That is one of the better aspects of the game! I always have it turned down a little bit just cause I enjoy working on the puzzles with a friend, (cause you can guess how you think the case is going to turn out) but I do like the sound tracks !

@Wakahni that Is a shame! It is nice to see where the games started out!
@jinxybat okay so i thought i was missing some games so i looked around last night and as it turns out i found copies of trail of the twister and ransom of the seven ships (which i never finished). also apparently borrowing shadow at the water's edge was a weird lucid dream because i have that game too (it came in a two-pack with twister).

so... yeah.
@jinxybat okay so i thought i was missing some games so i looked around last night and as it turns out i found copies of trail of the twister and ransom of the seven ships (which i never finished). also apparently borrowing shadow at the water's edge was a weird lucid dream because i have that game too (it came in a two-pack with twister).

so... yeah.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
1 2 3