Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | i'm bad at science
1 2 3
@SeleneHime

I'm straight bio (my school doesn't offer zoology as a major) but I'm hoping to go into ethology in grad school.

but damn, med major is intense. what year are you?
@SeleneHime

I'm straight bio (my school doesn't offer zoology as a major) but I'm hoping to go into ethology in grad school.

but damn, med major is intense. what year are you?

iATzB2Z.png
@chilope - About to be first year, as of this summer. Last year when I applied, because my school only takes 25 people a year and is so hyper-competitive, they said to try again next year. They said that most of their classes from year to year are filled with the prior year's applicants because resources are so limited, so I'm hoping that this time I'm accepted. (As an example of how hyper-competitive it is, if you don't have a 4.0 they won't even look at you.)
@chilope - About to be first year, as of this summer. Last year when I applied, because my school only takes 25 people a year and is so hyper-competitive, they said to try again next year. They said that most of their classes from year to year are filled with the prior year's applicants because resources are so limited, so I'm hoping that this time I'm accepted. (As an example of how hyper-competitive it is, if you don't have a 4.0 they won't even look at you.)
+2 FR Time. | eGiN2Xv.png
Lore Masterpost | Tn4TEAZ.png
@SeleneHime

....gg bro. on the upside, everything after that will probably be a breeze lol what school is it (if you don't mind my asking)?
@SeleneHime

....gg bro. on the upside, everything after that will probably be a breeze lol what school is it (if you don't mind my asking)?

iATzB2Z.png
@chilope - MCC in Central Texas. The school itself is considered community level, but universities hold the medical programs on par with their own there (which says a lot). Since I can't afford full-on uni out of pocket like I'm having to pay right now, I'm intending to use the PTA license as a stepping stone for a bridge program to full PT after I work for a little while.
@chilope - MCC in Central Texas. The school itself is considered community level, but universities hold the medical programs on par with their own there (which says a lot). Since I can't afford full-on uni out of pocket like I'm having to pay right now, I'm intending to use the PTA license as a stepping stone for a bridge program to full PT after I work for a little while.
@SeleneHime

ooooooh that's really smart. and yeah cc's get a bad rep but a lot of them have one or two programs that are genuinely really good that feed into nearby universities.

that's really cool though. good luck!
@SeleneHime

ooooooh that's really smart. and yeah cc's get a bad rep but a lot of them have one or two programs that are genuinely really good that feed into nearby universities.

that's really cool though. good luck!

iATzB2Z.png
@chilope - Yeah, university expenses are pretty out of reach without having a real job, first. (And I'm so sick of waitressing ... it pays the bills, but I have long since stagnated in a get-me-through job.) Can I ask what school you're attending?
@chilope - Yeah, university expenses are pretty out of reach without having a real job, first. (And I'm so sick of waitressing ... it pays the bills, but I have long since stagnated in a get-me-through job.) Can I ask what school you're attending?
@SeleneHime

Ouch. Yeah I feel that. I'm looking forward to a lot of boring work while I volunteer in order to get enough animal handling experience so I can get a real job in my field. I go to Cornell though.
@SeleneHime

Ouch. Yeah I feel that. I'm looking forward to a lot of boring work while I volunteer in order to get enough animal handling experience so I can get a real job in my field. I go to Cornell though.

iATzB2Z.png
@chilope - Oh, Cornell is pretty impressive. Congratulations for making it through! Maybe it won't be so boring if you get to choose where you volunteer, though? I have to do pre-program volunteer hours to even qualify, and I did one location at a pediatric clinic that was pretty fun.
@chilope - Oh, Cornell is pretty impressive. Congratulations for making it through! Maybe it won't be so boring if you get to choose where you volunteer, though? I have to do pre-program volunteer hours to even qualify, and I did one location at a pediatric clinic that was pretty fun.
Dude! I was thinking of commenting on this before because birds are the greatest, but now I have to! I just graduated from Cornell in May 2015. I know of one other Cornell bird person on FR, but didn't know of any others! Cool. :D Best of luck on your senior thesis. I know all of my senior friends who are still there are freaking out about theirs. It's good to be out of school, haha, but I do miss Ithaca.
Dude! I was thinking of commenting on this before because birds are the greatest, but now I have to! I just graduated from Cornell in May 2015. I know of one other Cornell bird person on FR, but didn't know of any others! Cool. :D Best of luck on your senior thesis. I know all of my senior friends who are still there are freaking out about theirs. It's good to be out of school, haha, but I do miss Ithaca.
ornithology, birding, aviculture, and museums
SCIENCE *falls in from shifting expanse* Yes hello I am from science flight I am a biomed student and can confirm science is hard.
SCIENCE *falls in from shifting expanse* Yes hello I am from science flight I am a biomed student and can confirm science is hard.
I'm willing to adopt or rehome any unwanted dragons, just send me a message!
1 2 3