Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Dragon Population
1 2
Since I joined Flight Rising, I've been using the dragon search to gather data on FR's dragon population over time. At first I recorded both 'all dragons (including exalted)' and 'non-exalted only' dragons, but the following plot only shows my recordings for all dragons (including those exalted), since exaltation is currently unavailable in the search filters.

Flight Rising dragon population over time

Just in case anyone is interested. I'll keep updating it every five days or so. I figured I'd post it now since we're nearing a million dragons!

(Also, let me know if there's already a topic like this. I couldn't find one just by browsing quickly, but I wouldn't want to duplicate a similar topic!)

Oops! Just realized I forgot the axis labels! For shame!
Fixed!
Since I joined Flight Rising, I've been using the dragon search to gather data on FR's dragon population over time. At first I recorded both 'all dragons (including exalted)' and 'non-exalted only' dragons, but the following plot only shows my recordings for all dragons (including those exalted), since exaltation is currently unavailable in the search filters.

Flight Rising dragon population over time

Just in case anyone is interested. I'll keep updating it every five days or so. I figured I'd post it now since we're nearing a million dragons!

(Also, let me know if there's already a topic like this. I couldn't find one just by browsing quickly, but I wouldn't want to duplicate a similar topic!)

Oops! Just realized I forgot the axis labels! For shame!
Fixed!
Yep, definitely looks like an exponential graph.
Yep, definitely looks like an exponential graph.
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
@Shaylle

it's quite small, perhaps you could post a bigger version?
@Shaylle

it's quite small, perhaps you could post a bigger version?
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
What do the black dots represent?
What do the black dots represent?
@Fara
Oh yeah, definitely. o_o

@oneirodrakon
Fixed! How's that? :3

@GladeSong
The black dots are the actual values of the population I recorded at a time, and the line is just your average line of best fit. :)
@Fara
Oh yeah, definitely. o_o

@oneirodrakon
Fixed! How's that? :3

@GladeSong
The black dots are the actual values of the population I recorded at a time, and the line is just your average line of best fit. :)
@Shaylle
woah! now that it's bigger, I can see how you've done a splendid job in putting this graph together
@Shaylle
woah! now that it's bigger, I can see how you've done a splendid job in putting this graph together
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
Definitely a good representation of data. Impressive work. It really does show an exponential curve, which would be the expected shape of the such a graph. I am surprised that the curve is not sharper yet, but I suppose the site is still new, and the number of players is finite. It will be interesting to see how the line changes once more players are allowed in.
Definitely a good representation of data. Impressive work. It really does show an exponential curve, which would be the expected shape of the such a graph. I am surprised that the curve is not sharper yet, but I suppose the site is still new, and the number of players is finite. It will be interesting to see how the line changes once more players are allowed in.
Snowcat#30958
FR+3 | Pings/PMs OK!
0HxJjfZ.gif... ACOZFAh.png
hzM3Sr2.png
... image0.png
Thanks guys!

@Snowcat
I think you're right, because it was really steep before the downtime and member cap. It predicted a million dragons by the end of August with those first five points.
Thanks guys!

@Snowcat
I think you're right, because it was really steep before the downtime and member cap. It predicted a million dragons by the end of August with those first five points.
@Shaylle Fantastic. I love when people put out data like this. :D Do you happen to have a gdocs copy of your data?

( ...thank you for buying a goopysnap! I clicked on the topic then did a double-take when I saw your username. x) )
@Shaylle Fantastic. I love when people put out data like this. :D Do you happen to have a gdocs copy of your data?

( ...thank you for buying a goopysnap! I clicked on the topic then did a double-take when I saw your username. x) )
U3uWWAU.png
We're already past the 1 million dragon mark? Oh god.
We're already past the 1 million dragon mark? Oh god.
1 2