Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Dragon Age Companions
1 2 3
No one can compare to Alistair in DA:O. At first I thought he'd be that annoying first companion who I just gotta put up with till I get a replacement but he turned out to be the best of them all. He's the perfect human puppy.
Although, I must say having Morrigan around creates interesting (read: hilarious) dialogues since she rubs everyone in the wrong way.

While I like having Fenris around battle-wise (because he fricking destroys EVERYTHING) and his romance path was nice (fine, he also looks awesome), he's otherwise pretty bland. He just whines about mages and slaves all the time to everyone.
I also liked Isabela's romance but for me dual-wield rogues are way too fragile and require constant nannying so I didn't keep her in the party that much.
So, TL;DR version: Varric and his magnificent chest hair that makes even the Hoff jealous.

In DA:I, my favorites are Dorian, Bull and Sera, but I like having certain combinations of the companions with me because of the funny dialogues they have. In general, though, Dorian and Sera tend to have funny things to say no matter who's with them.
No one can compare to Alistair in DA:O. At first I thought he'd be that annoying first companion who I just gotta put up with till I get a replacement but he turned out to be the best of them all. He's the perfect human puppy.
Although, I must say having Morrigan around creates interesting (read: hilarious) dialogues since she rubs everyone in the wrong way.

While I like having Fenris around battle-wise (because he fricking destroys EVERYTHING) and his romance path was nice (fine, he also looks awesome), he's otherwise pretty bland. He just whines about mages and slaves all the time to everyone.
I also liked Isabela's romance but for me dual-wield rogues are way too fragile and require constant nannying so I didn't keep her in the party that much.
So, TL;DR version: Varric and his magnificent chest hair that makes even the Hoff jealous.

In DA:I, my favorites are Dorian, Bull and Sera, but I like having certain combinations of the companions with me because of the funny dialogues they have. In general, though, Dorian and Sera tend to have funny things to say no matter who's with them.
3QONSnu.png

In the silence of the ice, even dreams become still.
who do you think /gestures at username

also bull and merrill
who do you think /gestures at username

also bull and merrill
Oh my goodness I couldn't just pick one! I love them all!

For DA:O I must say that Shale got the most laughs out of me.
For DA2 Varric is a true homie.
For DA:I It's a toss up between Cassandra and Dorian... Mostly because Cassandra is bae and Dorian is too fabulous for words.
Oh my goodness I couldn't just pick one! I love them all!

For DA:O I must say that Shale got the most laughs out of me.
For DA2 Varric is a true homie.
For DA:I It's a toss up between Cassandra and Dorian... Mostly because Cassandra is bae and Dorian is too fabulous for words.
FD1rkPC.png
@xingpanda
DAO
Zevran!
Alistair
Morrigan

DA2
Merill
Anders
Fenris

DAI
Sera
Cole
Dorian

I love all the characters tho, I really need to replay it soon tho!
@xingpanda
DAO
Zevran!
Alistair
Morrigan

DA2
Merill
Anders
Fenris

DAI
Sera
Cole
Dorian

I love all the characters tho, I really need to replay it soon tho!
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
tumblr_o537q169Y71vq17reo10_r1_75sq.gif
DAO: Sten, Morrigan, Zevran
DA2: Merrill, Anders, Varric

and I havent gotten far enough in DAI yet to get favorites .-.
DAO: Sten, Morrigan, Zevran
DA2: Merrill, Anders, Varric

and I havent gotten far enough in DAI yet to get favorites .-.
DAO: Zevran, Morrigan, and Ohgren
DA2: Anders, Varric, and I cant decide third over Isabella or Merril
DAI: Cole, Varric, and Cassandra
DAO: Zevran, Morrigan, and Ohgren
DA2: Anders, Varric, and I cant decide third over Isabella or Merril
DAI: Cole, Varric, and Cassandra
'You realize that all your life you have been coasting along as if you were in a dream. Suddenly, facing the trials of the last few days, you have come alive.'
dsUHBZw.png
Alistair will always be the best DA companion. Such a fun, odd man.

I also really liked Wynne. And Morrigan was interesting. Her friendship with the warden is rather touching. And both Shale and Sten are both stoicly hilarious. All of the characters in Origins are great in their own way.

In Inquisition Dorian was my main man. He had some of the best lines and both he and Sera cracked me up. Ever take Sera to the winter palace? Her intro is priceless.

Playing DA 2 right now (I played them out of order) and Varric and Isabella are my two favorites. I liked Anders better in Awakenings when he was obsessed with cats. He's alright in this one but I miss the jokes.
Alistair will always be the best DA companion. Such a fun, odd man.

I also really liked Wynne. And Morrigan was interesting. Her friendship with the warden is rather touching. And both Shale and Sten are both stoicly hilarious. All of the characters in Origins are great in their own way.

In Inquisition Dorian was my main man. He had some of the best lines and both he and Sera cracked me up. Ever take Sera to the winter palace? Her intro is priceless.

Playing DA 2 right now (I played them out of order) and Varric and Isabella are my two favorites. I liked Anders better in Awakenings when he was obsessed with cats. He's alright in this one but I miss the jokes.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
Overall, Zevran is my all-time favorite. (I'm still a offended by his cameo in DA2 tbh.) My party in DAO is typically him, Morrigan, and either Alistair or Shale, cause they all have really great banter. Duel-wielding rogue's gotta be my favorite class, but in Origins mage was just so much FUN, especially once you got that one spell, can't remember was it's called atm, but it would cause enemies to explode and then "infect" other enemies with the spell, causing them to also explode. Still salty the spell was massively nerfed in DA2, it's just not as satisfying lol.

DA2 was Isabela, Merrill, and Fenris. Sometimes I'd switch Merrill for Anders if I wasn't playing a mage and needed a healer, but I don't care much for Anders so... Only as a last resort lol. He was fine in Awakening, but in DA2 he's just kinda.... eh. It might have something to do with him getting a different writer, or it could be intentional since he merged with Justice. Who knows.

DAI, Cassandra, Varric, Dorian. No contest. I love them all so much. That being said, DAI also brought back my love of Duel-wielding rogues. Gotta love zipping around from enemy to enemy with that chain hook ability.
Overall, Zevran is my all-time favorite. (I'm still a offended by his cameo in DA2 tbh.) My party in DAO is typically him, Morrigan, and either Alistair or Shale, cause they all have really great banter. Duel-wielding rogue's gotta be my favorite class, but in Origins mage was just so much FUN, especially once you got that one spell, can't remember was it's called atm, but it would cause enemies to explode and then "infect" other enemies with the spell, causing them to also explode. Still salty the spell was massively nerfed in DA2, it's just not as satisfying lol.

DA2 was Isabela, Merrill, and Fenris. Sometimes I'd switch Merrill for Anders if I wasn't playing a mage and needed a healer, but I don't care much for Anders so... Only as a last resort lol. He was fine in Awakening, but in DA2 he's just kinda.... eh. It might have something to do with him getting a different writer, or it could be intentional since he merged with Justice. Who knows.

DAI, Cassandra, Varric, Dorian. No contest. I love them all so much. That being said, DAI also brought back my love of Duel-wielding rogues. Gotta love zipping around from enemy to enemy with that chain hook ability.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gifstormcatcher_100x100.jpgtumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
1 2 3