Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Set up Lair in Another Way
1 2
[center]So, instead of having pages of 15 dragons on each page, why can't we have an option to have all of our dragons on one page? I'd rather see all of my dragons on one page instead of having 2-7 different pages with 15 dragons on each page. May be just me, but I was wondering if anybody else would like this. Of course, it would be better if we had an option. Ideas? Thoughts? A better suggestion: [quote name="YamiTheDragon" date=2016-03-12 06:53:38] Hm... Maybe have a "Number of dragons shown per page" option in settings, possibly with drop-down options, i.e. "5 (min), 10, 15 (default), 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 (max)" or something like that. The settings would only affect how YOU view your and other people's lairs, so someone with a slow computer would never come across a lair of more dragons than whatever their setting is. That way, people with, say, 30 permanent dragons and a fast enough computer could see all of them on the same page, while someone with a slower computer wouldn't have to suffer for it. [/quote][/center]
So, instead of having pages of 15 dragons on each page, why can't we have an option to have all of our dragons on one page?

I'd rather see all of my dragons on one page instead of having 2-7 different pages with 15 dragons on each page. May be just me, but I was wondering if anybody else would like this.

Of course, it would be better if we had an option. Ideas? Thoughts?

A better suggestion:
YamiTheDragon wrote on 2016-03-12:
Hm... Maybe have a "Number of dragons shown per page" option in settings, possibly with drop-down options, i.e. "5 (min), 10, 15 (default), 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 (max)" or something like that. The settings would only affect how YOU view your and other people's lairs, so someone with a slow computer would never come across a lair of more dragons than whatever their setting is.

That way, people with, say, 30 permanent dragons and a fast enough computer could see all of them on the same page, while someone with a slower computer wouldn't have to suffer for it.
I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be an option aside from that it'd be a hassle for people with slower computers. I wouldn't want my lair set up like that, but it obviously has advantages. I definitely support the option of choosing to have a lair show all dragons instead of the 15-per-page set-up.
I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be an option aside from that it'd be a hassle for people with slower computers. I wouldn't want my lair set up like that, but it obviously has advantages. I definitely support the option of choosing to have a lair show all dragons instead of the 15-per-page set-up.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
* I am definitely loving this, it will make my search for dragons inside my lair much more convenient.
* Wouldn't mind waiting a moment more for the loading as well.
* If you could squize the arrange button in there that would extra awesome :3

@Johann
* Do you mean just the user could see the full length or other visiting users could do it as well?
* I am definitely loving this, it will make my search for dragons inside my lair much more convenient.
* Wouldn't mind waiting a moment more for the loading as well.
* If you could squize the arrange button in there that would extra awesome :3

@Johann
* Do you mean just the user could see the full length or other visiting users could do it as well?
size = 525x100
My computer would curl up and die if it had to load all those dragons.
My computer would curl up and die if it had to load all those dragons.
Maybe they could make it so they loaded as you scrolled down, instead of all at once.
Maybe they could make it so they loaded as you scrolled down, instead of all at once.
Z7d1txy.png
Of course, it'd be hard for those with over 50+ dragons. Not sure how slow that'd be, but @Biyu yes, other users could view the full length unless they chose the option to only see 15 dragons per page.
Of course, it'd be hard for those with over 50+ dragons. Not sure how slow that'd be, but @Biyu yes, other users could view the full length unless they chose the option to only see 15 dragons per page.
I wouldn't want all my dragons on one page.

This has been suggested before. It has also been suggested to consider switching from a

3 x 5 to options of 4 x 4 or 5 x 4

The problem I see with all the dragons on a single page would be what if a player has the max number of dragons, It would be a pretty huge scrolling issue.

I wouldn't mine other options such as changing the numbers to what I mentioned above but I can't support all of one's lair on a single page.
I wouldn't want all my dragons on one page.

This has been suggested before. It has also been suggested to consider switching from a

3 x 5 to options of 4 x 4 or 5 x 4

The problem I see with all the dragons on a single page would be what if a player has the max number of dragons, It would be a pretty huge scrolling issue.

I wouldn't mine other options such as changing the numbers to what I mentioned above but I can't support all of one's lair on a single page.
But there are people with slow internet, and when they go to an ancient lair with that many dragons on one page, it could freeze their entire computer. No support.
But there are people with slow internet, and when they go to an ancient lair with that many dragons on one page, it could freeze their entire computer. No support.
I support users having a choice from several predetermined grids: 3x3, 3x4, 5x5, 4x4 and a few others. That way we wouldn't have anything like 100x1.

I am wary about putting ALL of a lair on a single page. But a couple more options, especially for an even number of rows/columns/pages would be great for users to chose from.
I support users having a choice from several predetermined grids: 3x3, 3x4, 5x5, 4x4 and a few others. That way we wouldn't have anything like 100x1.

I am wary about putting ALL of a lair on a single page. But a couple more options, especially for an even number of rows/columns/pages would be great for users to chose from.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I think that should be a browsing option for every user.

Not that you can switch your own lair from page view to full view, but that you can set the view and it affects all lairs - from your view. Other users (and their pcs) would be unaffected by your decision.
I think that should be a browsing option for every user.

Not that you can switch your own lair from page view to full view, but that you can set the view and it affects all lairs - from your view. Other users (and their pcs) would be unaffected by your decision.
hPGHvDe.pngjPfUJ3r.png
[LF] Aqua Bellies | [LF]Nature-y Dragons | [ Fandragon Hub ]
CPx59tb.png
1 2