Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Cosplayers of FR!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@ladybutts aww youre so cute! I love the sailor moon shots :0

@Renepolumorfous wow!! your costumes are incredible! Did you make everything yourself? gosh

@Ilvias very pretty cape :) Do you have a photo showing the rest of the costume? I'd love to see!
@ladybutts aww youre so cute! I love the sailor moon shots :0

@Renepolumorfous wow!! your costumes are incredible! Did you make everything yourself? gosh

@Ilvias very pretty cape :) Do you have a photo showing the rest of the costume? I'd love to see!
@VESTAIS
Whops, sorry.

The rest of the costume is pretty easy.
@VESTAIS
Whops, sorry.

The rest of the costume is pretty easy.
@VESTAIS
On the moonlight I didn't make the eleven eays ,high heels, the wig and the shorts ( lol)
On Mononoke hime I made everything myself.
On anivia I worn my blue pijamas I didn't know how to sew back then lmao 2 years now I am a fashion and design university I have new stuff very helpful for cosplay!
@VESTAIS
On the moonlight I didn't make the eleven eays ,high heels, the wig and the shorts ( lol)
On Mononoke hime I made everything myself.
On anivia I worn my blue pijamas I didn't know how to sew back then lmao 2 years now I am a fashion and design university I have new stuff very helpful for cosplay!
sig1_by_renepolumorfous-dbx2wpu.png
sig2_by_renepolumorfous-dbx2wpr.png
@Ilvias the collar looks great!!
@Ilvias the collar looks great!!
@VESTAIS Tbh I always sucked at making cosplays and I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I search in the Thrift Store a lot where I live, hoping to snipe some things I can use. Last year at ComicCon I went and cosplayed as my FR dragon Galax's gijinka form (which was desinged by @miq and god do I still love you for that bro) [s]I couldnt find any good contacts that turned my irises white without having a warning label on them [/s] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xtifo5X.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/TxoQBfQ.jpg[/img] (im so sorry its sideways) The year before I was Kai Hiwatari from beyblade and I regret it so much even though I love beyblade and Kai to hell and back. The end product wasnt that good besides the pants and I feel like I wasted so much money on it. (I dont have any pictures) My plan for this year is to be Sho Minamimoto from twewy. AKA this lovely dork. [img]http://i.imgur.com/tfdLChk.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/S4LblqF.gif[/img] Which means I have to brush up on my math skills, find a good cosplay wig (not that cheap stuff I used for my Kai and Galax cosplays *cringes*) You have any suggestions to what type of wig and how to dye it? I also need a really loud megaphone because I'll be screaming math terms all day and that also means I'm gonna need a few Ricola's (its like Halls but for anyone who doesnt know) lol. But I think I can pull off the Sho cosplay well, despite being a little short, I am very loud an obnoxious. [s]Also my voice sounds like a males so Im pretty much set[/s]
@VESTAIS Tbh I always sucked at making cosplays and I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I search in the Thrift Store a lot where I live, hoping to snipe some things I can use.

Last year at ComicCon I went and cosplayed as my FR dragon Galax's gijinka form (which was desinged by @miq and god do I still love you for that bro) I couldnt find any good contacts that turned my irises white without having a warning label on them

xtifo5X.jpg
TxoQBfQ.jpg (im so sorry its sideways)

The year before I was Kai Hiwatari from beyblade and I regret it so much even though I love beyblade and Kai to hell and back. The end product wasnt that good besides the pants and I feel like I wasted so much money on it. (I dont have any pictures)

My plan for this year is to be Sho Minamimoto from twewy. AKA this lovely dork.
tfdLChk.png
S4LblqF.gif
Which means I have to brush up on my math skills, find a good cosplay wig (not that cheap stuff I used for my Kai and Galax cosplays *cringes*) You have any suggestions to what type of wig and how to dye it?

I also need a really loud megaphone because I'll be screaming math terms all day and that also means I'm gonna need a few Ricola's (its like Halls but for anyone who doesnt know) lol.

But I think I can pull off the Sho cosplay well, despite being a little short, I am very loud an obnoxious. Also my voice sounds like a males so Im pretty much set
LWDw43p.png
I'm still pretty much a newbie at cosplay. I think I put together my first cosplay 3 years ago? I know I should get around to fixing/trying out my mom's old sewing machine (and stop short-cutting, I glue anything I can't sew >>' ), but for now I just modify clothes and objects as I need to.

(From oldest to newest) Dave Strider, Sasori (red wig), Matryoshka!Gumi (green wig), DAN Naoto Shirogane, Ryoji Mochizuki (yellow scarf)

The first 2 were entirely bought, save for Sasori's ring. For the Gumi one, I painted the eyes and mouth on the hoodie. With DAN Naoto, I modified a hat I had with fabric. And for Ryoji, I fabric glued the scarf together and modified the dress shirt with black buttons.
I'm still pretty much a newbie at cosplay. I think I put together my first cosplay 3 years ago? I know I should get around to fixing/trying out my mom's old sewing machine (and stop short-cutting, I glue anything I can't sew >>' ), but for now I just modify clothes and objects as I need to.

(From oldest to newest) Dave Strider, Sasori (red wig), Matryoshka!Gumi (green wig), DAN Naoto Shirogane, Ryoji Mochizuki (yellow scarf)

The first 2 were entirely bought, save for Sasori's ring. For the Gumi one, I painted the eyes and mouth on the hoodie. With DAN Naoto, I modified a hat I had with fabric. And for Ryoji, I fabric glued the scarf together and modified the dress shirt with black buttons.
@whatevertrash the photos you have are great!! You don't suck don't worry. My favourite website to buy wigs is http://wigisfashion.com the name is weird but they have good quality wigs for the price! If you have a bit of a larger budget you can also try http://arda-wigs.com ! (both of those link) You can find some cheaper wigs as well on ebay but from my experience the two sites I just linked are great! I've never personally ordered wigs from any ebay sellers.

I would also honestly advise you against going to a con and screaming all day? At the very least youre going to annoy a lot of people, the worst you might get kicked out for being a disturbance.

@marlune I love your matryoshka gumi, its so cute! And it sounds like with each costume youre slightly more and more comfortable making things yourself, which is great! You'll learn more about sewing eventually, it's very much a process and I'm no expert yet either, always with the hot glue for me lol :')

On another note do any of you have any experience with coloured circle lenses .... I'm thinking of trying them for my Marie cosplay but I've never used them before, can anyone tell me what to expect?
@whatevertrash the photos you have are great!! You don't suck don't worry. My favourite website to buy wigs is http://wigisfashion.com the name is weird but they have good quality wigs for the price! If you have a bit of a larger budget you can also try http://arda-wigs.com ! (both of those link) You can find some cheaper wigs as well on ebay but from my experience the two sites I just linked are great! I've never personally ordered wigs from any ebay sellers.

I would also honestly advise you against going to a con and screaming all day? At the very least youre going to annoy a lot of people, the worst you might get kicked out for being a disturbance.

@marlune I love your matryoshka gumi, its so cute! And it sounds like with each costume youre slightly more and more comfortable making things yourself, which is great! You'll learn more about sewing eventually, it's very much a process and I'm no expert yet either, always with the hot glue for me lol :')

On another note do any of you have any experience with coloured circle lenses .... I'm thinking of trying them for my Marie cosplay but I've never used them before, can anyone tell me what to expect?
@VESTAIS Ah, thanks for the link! :0 The con in my city gets really loud and you have to yell to be heard anyways
@VESTAIS Ah, thanks for the link! :0 The con in my city gets really loud and you have to yell to be heard anyways
LWDw43p.png
I'm currently working on Napstablook from Undertale (though don't have anything ordered yet RIP). But rather than a simple sheet over my head, I'm tweaking a few things such as how to make the movement more ghost-like.

My BFF and I went as Magma/Aqua grunts from Pokemon last summer (I'm the Magma)

I've also done BLU Engineer from TF2
pic 2
This is the second iteration of the cosplay, this being the one from the previous year. I think I prefer the braids of the first but the second definitely has better, sturdier goggles...the ones in the first Engie broke during the photoshoot. :(

And my first ever cosplay was Shikieiki Yamaxanadu from Touhou!
I'm currently working on Napstablook from Undertale (though don't have anything ordered yet RIP). But rather than a simple sheet over my head, I'm tweaking a few things such as how to make the movement more ghost-like.

My BFF and I went as Magma/Aqua grunts from Pokemon last summer (I'm the Magma)

I've also done BLU Engineer from TF2
pic 2
This is the second iteration of the cosplay, this being the one from the previous year. I think I prefer the braids of the first but the second definitely has better, sturdier goggles...the ones in the first Engie broke during the photoshoot. :(

And my first ever cosplay was Shikieiki Yamaxanadu from Touhou!
light_banner.pngfR0MgwK.giflight_banner.png
Honestly, I've only done a rather cheap cosplay of Terezi from Homestuck for Halloween one year. I didn't wear the grey face paint since I was wearing it to school to see what sort of reactions I'd get. I also couldn't find any red lensed sunglasses to wear either. But people still recognized who I was even with that.

I'd also planned to cosplay as Mello from Death Note with a friend who'd be cosplaying as a female Orochimaru from Naruto and we were just going to walk around the mall and see what reactions we would get. It didn't really work out since we never could find a day to meet up and do this.
Honestly, I've only done a rather cheap cosplay of Terezi from Homestuck for Halloween one year. I didn't wear the grey face paint since I was wearing it to school to see what sort of reactions I'd get. I also couldn't find any red lensed sunglasses to wear either. But people still recognized who I was even with that.

I'd also planned to cosplay as Mello from Death Note with a friend who'd be cosplaying as a female Orochimaru from Naruto and we were just going to walk around the mall and see what reactions we would get. It didn't really work out since we never could find a day to meet up and do this.
1 2 3 4 5 6