Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Breed TUSKER [art update!]
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25 26
Wow I love new breeds and this one is wonderful
Wow I love new breeds and this one is wonderful
tumblr_o7k72eLaZx1sksqjzo1_500.jpg
@obliviousally @Eneru

I decided to look them up out of curiosity and... no, not even close. The only similarities are the long arms and horns, and that's pretty much it. I absolutely hate it when a design from a popular game, movie, show, etc. is used as a tool to invalidate other, less popular designs, just because they share one or two similar features (that were obviously inspired by something that exists in nature and wasn't made by people).

The structure of their bodies are completely different. Deathclaws have a humanoid body with digitigrade legs. This dragon design looks like a cross between a gorilla and a fat-tailed gecko. Deathclaws have skinny fingers and long claws to look intimidating. This dragon design has thick clawed hands and forearms that would actually be functional to walk on. Deathclaws have a tail for... apparently no reason, because that skinny thing wouldn't help it balance at all. And this dragon design has a big, plated tail most likely for balance and to use for self defense.

I can go on for hours, explaining every huge difference between the two designs, but literally the only similarities I could come up with are the horns and arms. And even those look different, because the horns are upturned, not front-facing, and the arms are thick and muscular, not long and thin. It takes some huge backwards leaps of logic to claim that they look too similar.
@obliviousally @Eneru

I decided to look them up out of curiosity and... no, not even close. The only similarities are the long arms and horns, and that's pretty much it. I absolutely hate it when a design from a popular game, movie, show, etc. is used as a tool to invalidate other, less popular designs, just because they share one or two similar features (that were obviously inspired by something that exists in nature and wasn't made by people).

The structure of their bodies are completely different. Deathclaws have a humanoid body with digitigrade legs. This dragon design looks like a cross between a gorilla and a fat-tailed gecko. Deathclaws have skinny fingers and long claws to look intimidating. This dragon design has thick clawed hands and forearms that would actually be functional to walk on. Deathclaws have a tail for... apparently no reason, because that skinny thing wouldn't help it balance at all. And this dragon design has a big, plated tail most likely for balance and to use for self defense.

I can go on for hours, explaining every huge difference between the two designs, but literally the only similarities I could come up with are the horns and arms. And even those look different, because the horns are upturned, not front-facing, and the arms are thick and muscular, not long and thin. It takes some huge backwards leaps of logic to claim that they look too similar.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
@FKcoffee
I'm a big fan of Fallout, and if these dragons looked like Deathclaws I would have noticed. The thing is, when I looked at this, I didn't even think of Fallout at all. I thought "OMG OMG YES NEED WANT 10/10" Haha I really love this design. It's my favorite that I've seen from the suggestions.
Anyway, I totally agree with what you said. It's frustrating as an artist when you're made to feel like you're "not original" because a design shares a few similar features. Good on you for voicing a thorough and thought out opinion on this.
As for this dragon, I fully support it!
@FKcoffee
I'm a big fan of Fallout, and if these dragons looked like Deathclaws I would have noticed. The thing is, when I looked at this, I didn't even think of Fallout at all. I thought "OMG OMG YES NEED WANT 10/10" Haha I really love this design. It's my favorite that I've seen from the suggestions.
Anyway, I totally agree with what you said. It's frustrating as an artist when you're made to feel like you're "not original" because a design shares a few similar features. Good on you for voicing a thorough and thought out opinion on this.
As for this dragon, I fully support it!
These are rather snapper-ish, but I would love to see them on the site! :3 I personally wouldn't collect them, but they do seem to fit in! :3
These are rather snapper-ish, but I would love to see them on the site! :3 I personally wouldn't collect them, but they do seem to fit in! :3
Check out the Sales tab in my lair! It's full of gen 1s!

Water my plants?
1122832.png1123143.png1122971.png
Support! Its a really unique design.
Support! Its a really unique design.
Support! They're gorgeous, I'd buy so many scrolls...
Support! They're gorgeous, I'd buy so many scrolls...
Support! I love this derg already! <:
Support! I love this derg already! <:
tumblr_inline_nbax555ssE1qg78ij.png
c4eYuF0.gif
q1eHdng.png
This one looks really interesting! The species design fits FR pretty well!
This one looks really interesting! The species design fits FR pretty well!
vista_spiral1.png.....vistafestival_2.png.....vista_spiral1.png
Support! The design looks amazing. I would hoard all of them <3
Support! The design looks amazing. I would hoard all of them <3
Oh my goodness this is so awesome! Support!!
Oh my goodness this is so awesome! Support!!
tumblr_inline_oowdreO2lw1rvo05a_540.png qerty_by_mashabelyankina-dawwvut.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25 26